Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

moε.
3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much weight

Billie V
i don't think you would lose that much. but you would lose some.

brooklynchick147
Rating
don do it trust me dont

metstennis
Yes, but that's a disease called anorexia. So, in conclusion, if you do that, you would be an idiot.

Aryeh
Rating
Only when doing "crystal". Stay off of the drugs. If you can really go 3 days without food "clean", drink plenty of water. Three days is not in the danger zone. (I've gone 5 in SERE school.)

Steve P
Drink lots of water

rgs3girls
MAYBE BUT ITS DANGEROUS, YOU CAN DEHYDRATE AND END UP AT THE HOSPITAL....

Rickety
Rating
Each persons metabbolism is different. I would have to say you're doing more harm than good. Your body needs nutrients from the food you eat and to Burn off those calories. So--knock it off and use sme common sense.

missaysarah
Rating
The truth is that going without food is really dangerous. Guys loose weight a lot easier than girls, so it may work for him, but for you to do it would not be very smart. You may loose weight, but once you eat again you will gain it all back. Plus it is very dangerous to starve yourself. The best thing to do would be to find a good diet and exercise plan and stick to it.

charlesdclimer
Rating
I did that years ago when i was a younger lad and on the road without money or a job. I recently lost my sense of taste for a couple months and dropped about 10 pounds but if you don't change your eating habits the pounds will just come back. Try fasting once a week and eating a real light supper or dinner and good luck!...:)

livelaughlove
Rating
no thats not possible unless he worked out day and night!!! and dont resort to starving ur self for a deit just eat fruits and veggies and work out everyday or so and u will get the results u want!!! TRUST ME!! at school random people come up and tell me that i am a aneraxic b***h and i dont even know them and yesterday in math class my teacher told me to go and sit at a desk were no one was around becuz i was trying to tell this guy that i wasnt anerxic and i got introuble from him being a f**k jacka*s!!!! I HATE ELIJAH MONTRONO!!!! SO MUCH!!!sorry about that outburst i guess mrs.shriley just hates me alot o well i hate her back

naomi...xXx
yes
i did the same thing
i felt crap after though
hope i helped
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Airica ♥'s...not u!
Rating
well u probably would lose it but it is soo bad for ur health, your metabolism would slow WAY down so when u started eating again u wouldnt be able to burn those calories off so ud just end up gaining it back, small meals 3 times a day and an hour of exercise will make u lose weight and keep it off

good luck!!

irish eyes
Rating
yes you could, but it would be all water and would go straight back on when you stopped. If you want to lose weight, you need to cut down your calories, eat sensibly and some exercise, safest way, dont try any crack pot diets they do not work

Chelsea
depends on how much fat you have to lose... maybe, maybe not... I wouldn't suggest it though, because this will slow down your metabolism because your body will tell you it's not keeping your food long enough and then it will cause you to gain weight because it thinks you need to store food ... so actually when all is said and done, you'll probably gain some weight

night breeze 8
Rating
All depends on your metabolism, medical history and how much exercise he did. No diet, especially a fasting of no food and water, is good unless it is done right and/or under a Dr. care. What works for one, may not work for another.

I know if i cut out all the junk food and eat good foods and be active i can lose 5 - 6 lbs in a week and that includes no soda. Good Luck and be careful.

Perfectionist
why bother risking your health

Close it!
Rating
This is a terrible path to even consider taking. Way too dangerous and way too many negative repercussions. Also, the effects would not last.

Charlie
Yes you could lose that weight in 3 days.
It's not a very smart - or permanent - solution, though.
Think of it this way: your body didn't get to the weight it is now in 3 days, and going 3 days without food is an extreme measure for losing weight.
Previous posters are right: you will most likely lose water weight first, and your metabolism will slow down in reaction to the "shock" of starvation.

Kassie K
Rating
You'd probably lose more, and go to the hospital. Don't go three days without eating, even if you do lose weight, you'll gain it all back plus some. What happens is your body goes into starvation mode and uses up your fat reserves. Well when you start eating again your body is afraid it's going to starve again so it stores EVERYTHING you eat. You may lose 10 but when you start eating again you'll gain 20. Just eat smaller portions. What I did was just start actually eating the serving size of everything. It took longer, but the results are much healthier!

awiebun
Rating
Even if you did it's very dangerous and unhealthy. Your body goes into "starvation" mode and eventhough you may lose some weight you would most definately gain the weight back, if not more weight than you originally lost, as your body tries to compensate for the sudden loss. In other words, don't do it. Find out how to lose weight in a healthy way that you can maintain. Manage your calorie and fat intake and exercise 3 times a week for 20 minutes a day.

Kenny G
that is bad to go with out food for 3 days.If a person just eat 3 meals a day with out pigging out and go walking for 20 to 30 minutes then you would lose 10 pounds to.

egyank
can but use only fluid to sustain his body fluids other wise he will go dehydration and shock

dj.hatchytt
Rating
Now now... three days without food does not necessarily constitute anorexia... but it is fasting... and while you may lose weight while fasting, it really won't matter, because once you eat, the weight would come back... and you'd probably gain more... If you want to fast, at least do it right, so that your body doesn't decide that your are trying to starve it. Find a reasonable fasting diet... such as one that encourages you to drink vegetable broths and juices... and stick to it as layed out... fasting has been known to help people not only lose weight, but make their bodies healthier by allowing the body to eliminate toxins that make you sick. But fasting is not that simple, so don't look at it as a quick fix for losing ten pounds. If you are going to fast, find a better reason than weight loss, because that's fleeting at best.

Zee
crash diets are never an answer to losing weight. if anything, just eat healthy, exercise daily for at least an hour and a half to two hours and drink more natural fluids, like orange juice over coke.

Drea
Rating
It was probably just water weight and right when you start eating again it will all come back. You may even gain more weight that way.

physicsmom04
Oh, I'm sure you'd lost a lot of weight - you'd also be weak, grumpy, and possibly sick. Plus, it would all come back when you ate again.

Why don't you try normal calorie restriction and exercise? Might take 2-3 weeks to loose 10 pounds, but it would be healthier.

Merelina P
Rating
No, it would only be liquid. I had a bad Gastric attack last summer, did not eat for 5 days, only drank and I did not even lose a lb. Unless your friend eats far too much anyway I do not think this weight loss is possible.

Tracy M
Rating
Yes it could happen....it would mostly be water weight though and come back quickly.

♥♥bbyface
Rating
Yeah.
But as soon as you put food back in your mouth you'll gain it all back.

James Fury
Rating
yeah but as soon as you eat again it will be right back

Harley Lady
Everybody is different. I have fasted..gone without food...for 5 days before and only lost 10 pounds. be sure to drink fluids, though.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy