Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

How can I lose ten pounds in 7 days?
How can I lose ten lbs. in 7 days without much exercise? I have recently started dating a guy and his sister is getting married in a week. I havent' had time to prepare, nor do i have time to ...

Please tell me something horrible about soda! I want to stop drinking it.?
I am addicted to Coke (the drink, not the drug, haha) and Dr. Pepper, but I'm pretty sure they aren't good for me. Try to convince me to stop....

What is the best thing to do to lose wieght.?

People keep saying i am fat what should i do?

Do u think i weigh to much?
im 13 and im 4 feet 11 and i weigh 88 pounds im to fat right? i mean my legs are big and i think im fat do u?
Additional Details
im 13 years ...

Would I loose weight doing this:?
Eating a piece of marmite and butter toast for breakfast (I have to have breakfast because of school)
Eating soup and a tinnyyyy bit of bread for lunch
skiping super, but having fruit when I...

What will happen if i eat salad and water only and workout for 5 hours a day?
will i lose 6 pounds by august 31 please i need to know thats when school starts!!!!!!...

I am fat what should i do should i stop eating or do some running or die what should i do can you help me say?

What is your most invaluable weight loss tip ever? The more individual the better!?

What is the right weight for a 15 year old 5"3 girl?

Am i fat.. thin or somewere inbetween?
im 5 ft 2 in and im 106 lbs.... wat do u think???...

Is taking speed dangerous?
im 16 years old and i want to lose some weight fast i heard taking speed helps to lose weight but what are the affects of the drug?would any1 suss that i was taking it?...

stacy_candy
What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg liftings.then I swim and walk everyday, ply volleyball and stuff, but I STILL HAVE THE DAMN TUMMY FAT and that flabbysoft stomach! I hate it! I want it FLAT! PLease, what the hell am I supposed to do, just do not tell me about any surgery or liposuction, I can't stand it. What else should I do????????????????????????????????
SOS help!!!

trellis_robinson
The best advice I can probably give you is just kind of look at the big picture. The more you work out there's a possibility you may eat more too. Vegetarian or not just balance out your meals throughout the day and your exercising too so you can keep track of yourself. If there's still a problem you want to deal with talk to your doctor.

reznorwannabe
It's not so much what you do, but how you do it. You have to push until failure on every excercise; it's all well and good going for a 30minute swim if when you step out of the pool you're fine.

Try doing reverse crunches on the toning side of things, it's what brad pitt did for fight club. Lay on a table with your bum and legs hanging off the edge, wedge a swiss/medical ball in between your legs... lower your legs then pull them back up to the table height with your stomach muscles. That mostly tones the lower half of the stomach muscles -- where you're talking about.

As for the fat, swimming... try do up your pace so that you're actually sweating when you get out... the cross trainers at the gyms are also very good... walking is good to improve your cardio vascular abilities, but jogging/running are the best calorie burners you can do outside of a gym.

Perseverence is all it takes, and remember, it takes time -- it took you years to get the blub, it wont take days to loose it.

Good luck!

ALICIA
take adderal.

hayasa7
There are variety of things to do. Tummy fat is natural, and is probably not as bad you think.

First of all, it is probably not as bad as you make it out to be! Relax and be beautiful as you are, no one is perfect and true beauty exceeds the limits of physical features. But...
Persistant tummy fat is usually an indicator (in my unprofessional opinion) of insulin issues. Folks that binge and purge, stressed out comfort eaters, tons of carbs than crash diet, etc...

I recommend reading a book called the "Zone Diet" by Barry Sears. Eating with an understanding of how your diet affects insulin production will help. It will likely help out with that mid afternoon sleepy feeling.

Many folks I know also have issues with not eating enough, so there body stores belly fat. Not knowing how and what you eat, I can't say for sure.

trey b
Rating
Crunchies that what you need to do. Do them will you are watching TV. During Commericals do as many as you can.

jon s
It could be that you are eating to little. Starving you body of calories Forces your body to conserve the calories it brings in by storing them as FAT. If you are exercising on a regular schedule you should also be eating on a regular basis. Also Being a vegetarian is counter productive, What you need to be doing is trying to lose wait on a long term basis by building muscle. Muscle Will burn calories even at rest. you need a good amount of protein to build muscle and Protein is something many vegetarians dont get enough of. Food > Energy > exercise > More muscle > Higher Metabolism > Less fat.

Angelina
After you do all that,what else do you wat to do.Be satisfied with what you have else you'll loose your best assets too...Dont do so many exercises together,its gona be of no help if you cant have a positve attitude..

Choked Up
Rating
Do you go to a gym? I found that the pull down machine worked my stomach. It is flat, and I'm a lot older than you - it still worked!

Kher
I know it's frustrating to be in your teens and not have the body you want, but I'm willing to bet that it's just the way your body will be at the age you are.
My personal story is that I didn't have much of a body to speak of until I was out of high school. When I was 19-20 years old, my body changed on it's own. I became really tone, thin and muscular for no real reason including 6-pack abs. I look like I've always been an athlete but I've never played an organized sport.
They say a person's body completely changes every seven years, and for me that's been true.
Keep doing what you're doing (with out going over board) and if your genetics allow it, you will have that flat stomache. Ask your mom if and when she lost the "baby fat" in her stomache area - that will be your best guide on when you can expect it to happen.
I hope it all works out for you!

kazpursmom
Rating
When I was 17, I ate whatever and never exercised. I'm 5'7" and I weighed 117 lbs. If you are anywhere near that weight - DO NOT WORRY. To be attractive is to have personallity. To be overweight is not good either, though. After a kid, I am still 5'7" and I now weigh 140. I'm happy with my weight, and I don't look unattractive. My boyfriend's ex is like a size 4. (and my boyfriend is freaking HOT) If weight was an issue with guys, wouldn't he stay with the size 4 instead of being with the size 10?

I had the same problem and found that doing sit ups with my knees bent at 90degrees and feet resting against the wall, while lifting a heavy weight, like a medicine ball, from above my head to my knees on each sit up worked really well for me. Hurt like crazy but it only took a week or so to start seeing results. Good luck.

John Y
Rating
Obviously, total fitness is a difficult goal to attain. It takes combining nutrition and excercise to achieve. Regarding nutrition, forget the diets. Make sure you get lots of protein in the mornings (that will help with cravings; oatmeal and a protein shake should do the job), and then eat healthy snacks throughout the day. Never eat or drink alcohol after 6pm if you're serious. Regarding excercise, it's more than doing some crunches and leg lifts, it's about keeping your heart rate elevated for an extended period. You can achieve this by doing several reps of light weights close together and then finishing on a treadmill or elliptical. Then do some tummy crunches and stretching. There are several good excercises routines available on the internet. I personally adapted one from about.com. See website below for an introductory guide.

zhel
First thing you need to know your metabolism if your a burn fats quickly or not. Second you need to know if you have big bone structure. Slow metabolism often store fat in their body even they have small amount of food intake. The only thing you should do is not to store fats. Eat breakfast such as porridge or fruits. Eat small snack like prunes, or apples every other meal so you dont feel hungry everytime. The more your body recognize that your full the less it will store fats on your body and the lesser you eat big meals. Exercise, walking is good for you it will not only tone your legs but your upper body too, 30 minutes everyday especially when its cold cause it tends to use fats. Avoid carbohydrates esp rice, pasta and white bread. Change your sports if its not working like tennis or badminton in summer.

Dont feel like your loosing weight, feel like your look better!

Tina
Do yoga.keep continue swimming and start dancing everyday for 30 min. with rocking sound.u can get what u want

POISON IVY#1
Rating
all of the above answer are correct follow advice

Navster
do ab excercises...eat low fat food....dont think too much about it....one fine day u'll receive a compliment..

jxt299
Rating
The sit ups are kinda good but they can hurt your lower back. Crunches are better. And add leg lifts for your lower abs. Just lie on your back, straighten your legs, and lift em slowly off the floor, hold a few secs, slowly bring em down. For food--are you avoiding junk food? Keep fats at a total minimum, keep carbs low too. You need to get "ripped" and once you are you can start enjoying some carbs again. Til then, be vegetarian going for green leafy vegetables as much as possible. Good luck!

Also, do you have a sport? Something thats fun to do, that you like, and that burns calories? There are a lot! Tennis, swimming, biking, running or walking or hiking, even golf and gardening burn cals.

thrushave
maybe your problem is that you do sit ups EVERY day. I don't know how the abs work but when you work out your muscles, you are supposed to give them like a day or so to recover. Also, maybe you are fine the way you are but your perception has become a bit skewed from reading magazines as Cosmo and Seventeen (etc). It's hard to believe that after all that exercise and all that work, that your body would not change much physically. At least you're healthy where it counts and you're staying active.

So yeah, you're beautiful the way you are. Guys will usually not be turned off by "tummy fat", it's never been an issue for me or ANY of my guy friends.

tosh.albir
Rating
spend less time behind your computer lol...

miss_match
do more exercises with your abs i'm sure it will help!!

Smiley Girl
part of the problem could be if you're not eating enough. You said you eat very little, low calorie food. If you're doing that much exercise you're going to want to look into how much food you should actually be eating.
If you're not getting enough calories, you body will take the food that it gets and store it as fat (a mechanism to prevent the body from starving). If this is the case, you'll NEVER get a flat stomach.

If at all possible, talk to a personal trainer or dietician.

Here is a site with a lot of abdominal workouts:

http://www.netfit.co.uk/abdominals-web-site.htm

Good luck

shakira
sit ups. leg exercises wont work, you need exercises that tone up your tummy muscles.

rives
well if you excersise daily you can eat anything

hotclaws
It's puppy fat,it'll go,don't fret so much

Aurora_Rose_Maree
Well... it really does depend on when you started this diet. i'm 15 and i weigh 192... I eat everything good. like carrots, low fat foods... things like that. maybe this diet isn't the one for you. there's this thing that you can do where you drink alot of tea or water more than anything else. you get full quickly, still have room for some other food, and yet... less the calories. i do it all the time. but just so you know, surgery and liposuction are defenetely NOT the way to go. my grandmother tried it. it works for a little while, but loosing all the weight that quick causes your body to go on a funky rampage where everything you eat is converted to fat. trust me, that's NOT what dieters are trying to accomplish. maybe the tea idea will help you... sorry that i couldn't give you more info than that.

mrandersen
Rating
Hey Girl! the tmmy is the hardest part to trim. Sit-ups will help but a good posture will help too. Try crunching your tummy and hold for 30 seconds, this is way better than sit-ups. It helps stregthen your stomack and does not reqire you to go to the gym all the time.

GRUMPY
You do all of that and you have a tummy. I think yuor doing something wrong. Situps alone should take care of what you describe.

Scotty Doesnt Know
Rating
Gosh, why don't you stop worrying about your physical appearance. It's such a small detail in what makes up your attractiveness.

Who has filled your mind with the idea that you have to be perfect? Most guys wouldn't REALLY want perfect anyway...you'd make them think you were out of their league.

Dark Child
Rating
you might have to revise your diet plan maybe. keeping your calories too far down will keep your body from losing fat as it is trying to preserve everything you take in. try eating more protein to build your muscle. vary your exercises. your body will get used to a routine quickly. by alternating exercises it always has to work and keep up to speed.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy