Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

girl_95
AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 inches of grilled chicken
Dinner- Water, and if I am starving, then I have an apple slice
Also, I am a gymnast, and I workout 6 hours a day, 6 days a week. How does this diet sound? How long will it take me to loose12 pounds?
My gymnastics coach told me I was fat, and I needed to loose 12 more pounds. She told me someone around 5"1, should weigh about 85 pounds.
Here is a picture of me:
http://www.ci.brooklyn-center.mn.us/vertical/Sites/%7BAC68FDDE-6B3F-416C-85EB-0D846EA8D6A1%7D/uploads/%7B67B55D41-8D89-409E-B14B-24B6F929C8CD%7D.JPG

kaytay
You are pretty athletic. Do not let someone tell you that you are fat because you are extremely thin. Look at your legs look how toned they are. If you ask me you are all muscle. Muscle weights more then fat.

Kates
Rating
If you don't eat something you are gonna end up in the hospital

daddysangel1018
No your not fat but you need to eat different foods everyday

carrierox2010
Rating
Your coach is a total looser and you should find a new coach ASAP!! For your height you are the prefect weight and should not lose any weight!! Your diet is HORRIBLE!! You are a growing young girl who works out 6hrs a day and you are eating next to nothing!! Water for breakfast, terrible!! You should never skip breakfast!! Lunch grilled chicken with what with it where is the veg.?? Dinner water or a apple?? You really need some help please talk to your parents or a trusted adult and please please get a new coach!!

CAiiA
Rating
You look way to skinny to be a gymnast. Most gymnasts are very muscular, not thin and hungry! & I'm not just going by your pic, If you type in your weight and height to determine your BMI, it is borderline 'underweight'. .
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

I call BS on your "coach", maybe you should find yourself a better one!

matw
Rating
Hee hee - April 1st isn't for another week :-)

RedCindyRose
Just focus yourself to what you are doing, gymnast.
Forget about the weight issue. Just continue working out hard.
You look fine. You are great!
Wish you luck.

Annie M
Rating
She is wrong, you are fine.

p1cturep3rfect
wow your coach needs to get a life your not fat at all.. anyways your 13 love you shouldnt be worried about that.. your too young to be on a diet!

terlynn_1370
Rating
You're not fat. That diet won't help, especially with your gymnastics. You need to be eating 5-6 "small" meals a day (especially if you're working out). The "ideal" weight is not the same for everyone. Everyone has a different body structure that will affect it. If you starve yourself, you'll lose your muscle while your body stores fat. As for your coach, she needs to be taught the proper way to coach young girls. She should never say things like that and I would make sure your parents know about it. If she continues to go in this manner, your coach will end up having a lawsuit on her hands when someone has major medical issues because of what she's said and told them they need to lose weight when they really don't!

Liv C
haha wow dont turn down that path oyu are a perfect weiigt for a gymnast, if you lose more weight you would lose your muscle and soon you would really be as good as you used to. if u are willing to harm your body by not eating right i hope you are ready to harm being able to do t he sport you love,
your choice sweetie.

rko_rox
Wow you think your fat. I would knock your coach out if i were you there is no fat on you at all my ex is the same hieght as you adn if she were 105 she would be overwieght so your not even close ok eat some food

Mia Sumatra
Rating
you r totally NOT fat!!!!!!!!! that diet really sux, and considering how much you work out, you should be eating WAY more, or else your gonna become anorexic. muscle weighs more than fat, and from that picture, you look like you r all muscle, no fat.

American Mom
Relax, everyone. I think this is a joke.

cookiesmom
Rating
FIND A DIFFERENT COACH....and put your mother on the phone...... i'm telling...oh and heres a couple of fun facts for you
What Is Anorexia?
Anorexia is an eating disorder where people starve themselves. Anorexia usually begins in young people around the onset of puberty. Individuals suffering from anorexia have extreme weight loss. Weight loss is usually 15% below the person's normal body weight. People suffering from anorexia are very skinny but are convinced that they are overweight. Weight loss is obtained by many ways. Some of the common techniques used are excessive exercise, intake of laxatives and not eating. Anorexics have an intense fear of becoming fat. Their dieting habits develop from this fear. Anorexia mainly affects adolescent girls.People with anorexia continue to think they are overweight even after they become extremely thin, are very ill or near death.
Karen Carpenter died at age 32 while attempting to recover from anorexia.
http://www.anorexicweb.com/IdRatherBeDead/morekarencarpent.html

Lizln
You are not fat. Your coach must be crazy.

killerrabbit995
Rating
YOU ARE NOT FAT! You need to eat something for breakfast and dinner. Gymnasts are always really skinny, because they practice so much. Don't worry about your weight. 98 pounds is normal for a 13 year old. Your coach is ridiculous. Your diet sounds stupid, scrap it. You don't need a diet. You don't need to lose 12 pounds. You look great.

mexicanlyra
Rating
your coach is crazy... you look fine just the way you are!!! (will you be my fan?-please??)

Angel2020
Rating
You are absolutely not fat at all. Whats more your gymnastics coach should not be saying something like that to an impressionable 13 year old. Tell your parents and get them to speak to the coach because her behaviour is absolutely not on.

cedykeman1
Your gymnastics coach is a loser, I don't see a fat girl in that picture

β–Œβ•‘β”‚β”‚β–ˆβ•‘β–Œβ”‚β•‘β–Œβ•‘ β„’
can someone say...anorexic!

=)
Rating
are you kidding?!?! your fine!

Stephanie D
Rating
umm.. yeah your huge?!?? eat something?!!! can i give you a hamburger. yor thirteen you shouldnt be worried about your weight?? your not done growing until your 18

good luck eat a cheetoo

DJ
Rating
OMG,.....you are perfect....you posted this question...not because of your weight...but because of low confidence

you are not fat...............kids these days!

Mecha Jebus
Are you serious? No need to diet...kthxbye

Andy Arab
Rating
your coach is crazy

Uncle Tim
Rating
There is not an ounce of fat on you.

Tiff
how can you think youre fat? thats dumb..eat something

John
Rating
wtf you dumbg girls are to conserned with your looks you look fine so get over it your 13 you dont need to be on a diet

princess.peach82
You need to speak to your parents about what your coach said. Also, you are not consuming nearly enough calories, particularly if you are exercising 6 hours a day. You are not giving your body enough fuel to function and that may cause you actually gain weight versus losing it because your body will go into starvation mode. I understand the importance of maintaining a low body weight because of your gymnastics, but it is also important that you give your body the fuel it needs, otherwise you are putting yourself at greater risk for injuries.

You should be eating something for breakfast other than water. Try some egg whites cooked with spray on olive oil. There are only 17 calories per egg white, but it will give you the protein and fuel you need for later in the day. You should have a snack, perhaps some fruit or nuts. The chicken is good for lunch, but you should eat little more and put it on some salad with some low fat dressing. For dinner, you should also be eating some lean protein and vegetables. Even if you consume 1200 calories a day, with your intense workout schedule, your body will burn more than enough calories for you to not gain weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy