Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

How can I lose ten pounds in 7 days?
How can I lose ten lbs. in 7 days without much exercise? I have recently started dating a guy and his sister is getting married in a week. I havent' had time to prepare, nor do i have time to ...

Please tell me something horrible about soda! I want to stop drinking it.?
I am addicted to Coke (the drink, not the drug, haha) and Dr. Pepper, but I'm pretty sure they aren't good for me. Try to convince me to stop....

What is the best thing to do to lose wieght.?

People keep saying i am fat what should i do?

Do u think i weigh to much?
im 13 and im 4 feet 11 and i weigh 88 pounds im to fat right? i mean my legs are big and i think im fat do u?
Additional Details
im 13 years ...

Would I loose weight doing this:?
Eating a piece of marmite and butter toast for breakfast (I have to have breakfast because of school)
Eating soup and a tinnyyyy bit of bread for lunch
skiping super, but having fruit when I...

What will happen if i eat salad and water only and workout for 5 hours a day?
will i lose 6 pounds by august 31 please i need to know thats when school starts!!!!!!...

I am fat what should i do should i stop eating or do some running or die what should i do can you help me say?

What is your most invaluable weight loss tip ever? The more individual the better!?

What is the right weight for a 15 year old 5"3 girl?

Am i fat.. thin or somewere inbetween?
im 5 ft 2 in and im 106 lbs.... wat do u think???...

Corey
My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?

Mr. Just Julie
Rating
Listen to your mother.

ruehl rules
everyone at my school tha is at that height is between 90 lbs and 120 lbs, so I would go on a diet...NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN!!

trishhy.
Rating
no it is absolutly not okay for her. But if you think about it, i'm sure she is being sarcastic. If she really loves you she would never say such a thing. so maybe you should talk to her about it and see what she means by that! =]

mandy
I'm sorry you are over weight. Can't say weather you are lazy. that is the? for you to answer

Sarah
Rating
ita ok b/c u need 2 get fit and dont b lazy! i would so make my daughter work out 24/7 if she was like u! (no offence) not trying 2 b mean!

Angry EX-DEM
Sorry sweetie, you got a pa-dunk-a-dunk...or however it's spelled. Lay off the junkfoods and eat smaller portions and exercise....challenge your body. Good luck. :)

By the way...it's called tough love...she cares about you...run with it!

Corn Fed Man
well that is a tad big, but she could say it alot better, i don't see now how that is helping you any.... she sounds cruel to me.... do take care of your body, it's the only one your getting, but i bet your real pretty..........love corn

BTB 3/28/09
Rating
You DO NOT have to go on a diet! It's mean that she tells you that. If you like the way you look than don't change for anyone. I used to have the same problem with my brother. He always used to tell me I was fat and I shouldn't eat so much. As I got older he stoped saying it but he knew the way I felt about it.

old lady
I have no idea if you are lazy or not, but at 167 you ar definitely overweight. She might have been able to put it a little more tactfully, but what she's telling you is to get out and get active before you wind up with serious health problems.
Wish her a happy mother's day - or better yet, go out for a walk with her.

chiko♪♫
Rating
no i think she should be a bitt more respective =[...i think thats not so much considering ur weight to call u fat..but yeah...........tell her to get on a scale =p

Liddy is Lost
Rating
No, of course it's not okay. It's not acceptable for any mother to say that about her child, regardless of whether they is overweight or not....that is besides the point.

And even if you are technically overweight, that does not necessarily mean you are 'overfat'. Your weight is not always a good reflection of how much body fat you have, due to differences in build and amount of muscle mass.

Take care : )

** i Am hiS giRL **
Rating
its kind of mean, yeah. Both my parents say that to me as well. I just don't mind it. They'll regret it when I move out coz right now I plan to never speak to them again when I leave

°
Rating
When people say flat out critical stuff like that, they're really saying something about themselves. Maybe she's fat and lazy. If not, she may be "fat" in a different way than physical.

Don't take it personally. She's feeling down on herself and taking it out on you.

vya-vermouth
Rating
Corey, if you love yourself and your body and you feel confident with it then it doesn't matter about others opinion, even your mom's.

It's your life and nothing's better than feeling good about yourself. If you do, the beauty will come out automatically :)

Brenda R
Well Corey, I'd love to have your body!
I am 5' 5" and about 200. I also carry my weight well, but believe me, you look "healthy" and not sick!!

How do you feel about your own weight? That's the most important thing when it comes to your weight, not what others think. Though I am sure it hurts when anyone calls you fat!

Being lazy, now that is different. I think mom is only trying to "help" you when she is calling you lazy. Is your room a mess? Do you like to come home from school and play video games? Do you sit around and watch TV? Is this why she is calling you lazy? I think this is being lazy, but on the other hand, what kid isn't "lazy" in the ways I mentioned?

You'll become an adult some day, have your own kids, and probably treat your kids the same way mom had treated you!

nfogey_1981
Rating
It's never okay for a mother to talk to her daughter like that! Tell her you are comfortable with who you are!

♥Nina♥
Rating
Well hun, maybe it's tough love, unless it makes you feel less than a person then it's not very nice of her. Are you very active?

singing_shieldmaiden
Rating
It is never ok for a parent or any other family member to say those things. If her concerns were about your health, that would be different.

Kitty
Rating
No. Maybe ok 4 her 2 call u lazy if u really are and don't excercise at all, but not right for her 2 call u fat. If it bothers you that much, talk to her about it and let her know it bothers you.

atlantaboi3
Rating
Not at all. That is terrible she is like that. If you like you, that is what is important. Love yourself. Obviously your Mom does not love herself. I know it is hard if you are young and have her saying that. Your worth to you is what matters. Try and ignore her. It is so sad she is doing that. I am sorry. If you love you, others will too. Maybe you can help teach your Mom a thing or to.

Y. S. B
Rating
I think that is really rude of her. If you carry your weight well and are fine with your figure you shouldn't have to put up with what she says.

CJ
it depends on how she Say's it to you. if it is in a nice way then it's okay but if she is saying it meanly then it wrong....But also remember that she is doing this for your own good. have you tried playing any sports? if you do then use that against her.
try to be healthy.... you'll live longer

ceprn
It's not OK for your mom to say that, but "I am carrying my weight well" is a rationalization that does not look at the fact that you actually are overweight.

Firedogfire
Rating
Well if you are lazy you know it, make an effort for yourself. And as far as your mother telling you are fat that is not right. You may be heavy. But that is between you and your mother you should be there for her and if she is not there for you, you both have a problem.

nodrammamomma
Your mom shouldn't say that no matter what. I am 5'6 and at one point weighed 167...I exercise a lot and eat healthy food and have lost quite a few pounds. If you feel good about yourself don't worry about it. I felt good at 167 but I was very self consious even though I thought I looked good I thought others may not think so ... you know what I mean? Anyway, you mom shouldn't be saying that to you!! Some moms just don't get it....some people don't think about the consequences of their actions on their children...but thats a whole nother subject!

iloveeshopping1
Rating
yeah
you're over weight
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/
go there and you'll see

Lex
No. Your mom's mentally abusing you. Parent's should never talk to they're children that way.

Ask Sanjanaâ„¢
no it is not okay. she is hurting your feelings, and no one has the right to do that.

confront her about the situation.

32Toes
You are on the chubby side but its not cool your mom is telling you your fat. Lazy is fine. She should be cooking you healthier food and you should join a sport.

Bree
Rating
I personally don't think it's EVER ok for a parent to put down their child like that. She should keep her opinions to herself, she's hurting you when she says that stuff, and you should tell her that.

Jacki-O-says Trick -or-Treat
Rating
Tell your mom how it makes you feel when she calls you names. That is a very hurtful thing to do. She is damaging your self esteem.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy