Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

How can I lose ten pounds in 7 days?
How can I lose ten lbs. in 7 days without much exercise? I have recently started dating a guy and his sister is getting married in a week. I havent' had time to prepare, nor do i have time to ...

Please tell me something horrible about soda! I want to stop drinking it.?
I am addicted to Coke (the drink, not the drug, haha) and Dr. Pepper, but I'm pretty sure they aren't good for me. Try to convince me to stop....

What is the best thing to do to lose wieght.?

Tay
Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast.

meger32
Rating
it would be basically impossible. unless u go anorexic. and exercise like every minute of the day

bootilicious2727
Cut off one arm, and one leg. That should do the trick.

SubJ
No, even if u eat nothing.

Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.

Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.

U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.

This schedule will also be helpful in maintaining good healthy weight.

b89
Rating
no it isnt good..

try the one Kirstie alley did..

cornucopia
Rating
Let's put it this way....it takes negative 3500 calories to lose 1 lb. So, do the math: count your calories in and count your calories out. Unless you spend all day on the treadmill running crazily and don't eat anything, it's not possible. Also, if you do lose a lot of weight quickly, you will definitely gain it back quickly - that's how it works.

Chris
Rating
Fat=3600 calories

50/6= 8.33 pounds/week

8.33/7=1.19 pounds/day

1.19pounds*3600 calories= 4200 calorie deficit per day (including the food you eat and any exercise you do). This is not physically possible, nor is it safe.

You couldnt put 50 pounds ON in 6 weeks if you tried. Talk to a nutritionist, and take your time. Its a lifestyle change.

Signed,

Formerly bigger.

go go gadget
Rating
dont do it u will eventually gain the weight back and become heavier then eva
do it the healthy way and keep it off
aka yo-yo dieting
look @ janet jackson and oprah they took the healthy way after yo-yo dieting

Jaime lynn
i wouldnt advise it. just try to eat healthier and exercise. ive put on a lot of weight this year and i would love to lose that much weight that quick, but i know its not the best idea so ive been just watching what i eat, drinkin water and exercising .

Kate
Rating
50 lbs in 6 weeks is not realistic at all unless your a meth junkie. Seriously, just don't drink soda,don't eat out of boredom,find an activity that keeps you acitve and watch what you eat. Especially dinners that say they are healthy but then they have more than half your intake of sodium. Sodium is something you need in your body but too much retains water that cause you to be bloated. When you go shopping watch what you buy, yeah I know those donuts look good but they don't contain healthy nutrients. Opt for some frozen fruit. when ever I start craving sweet things I just eat frozen fruit.

-olivia-
Rating
hey.. take it easy gurl. Its a NO NO ! I mean no need to hurry if in the end you can harm your self..Think of that. Everthing is worth waiting. eat and eat until you fit. the more you think your gaining weight the more you gain weight. you must think for a perfect body shape and work on it through the use of your mind. it will work soon to you.

Rakib H
br@sky is stupid dont listen to him. you cannot lose 50 in 6 weeks. just like the other person said. uless you go anorexic.

i need a shawty
maybe but that means hardly no food at all and constant excersise and 50IN. that is wow wow a lot to lose no offense just sayin

Lindsey
Rating
Eating plain grape fruit will help speed up your metabolism so you can burn more fat.

Jeana
no you cant. If you do it heathfully then write a book b/c you will be very rich after.

bigdaddy_924
Rating
If you have a harsh diet with a vitamin supplement and excercise like a hamster in a wheel being chased by a snake.

Amy
Rating
No. that's impossible. even if you stopped eating completely, you could never lose that much weight in 6 weeks. If 50 lbs is your goal, it will take around a year. thats 1 lb per week, which is a safe and do-able amount. Cut your calories down to 1500-1800 per day and exercise vigorously for 30 mins 6 days per week.

sooners83
Rating
Yes, lets say you weigh 400 lbs, it wouldn't be that hard... But if you weigh 200 and want to drop 50 in 6 weeks that would be tough.

Gretchen V
Rating
Yes, but you won't keep it off, you'll damage your body, and you will make it harder to lose weight later on. It didn't go on over night, it isn't going to come off over night either.

xoxozo arianna babbio♥
Rating
noooooooooooooo
thats stupid
just be healthy and do it over time-whats the big rush?
swim suit season isnt till july
((well unles u live in FL ((I DO!)) but anyway if u dont,dont worry!))

PJ
Unlikely, but maybe. Eat right and exercise a lot and you could lose 5-8 per week, so you would be a lot thinner in 6 weeks even if you didn't lose your desired 50 lb.

wiccan_newyorker_333
No I don't think that's possible, you'd have to lose a little over a pound per day in order to do that. I mean you'd have to starve yourself in order to try and do that, and after a few weeks of doing so, your body would go into starvation mode and the weight loss would slow down. And once you stopped, you'd gain a lot of the weight back. It's better to do it healthily and let your body adjust to new eating habits, or else your metabolism crashes.

jennstarrz
no. Maybe half that if you were really heavy into dieting. And you should care -- that much that short would do bad things to your body.

uwillnomyname
Rating
i lost 30 pounds in two months, only from a twenty minute jog 6 times a week (every day except for sunday)
this got me so fit i was ready to join track in highschool)

wubzy_wubzy_wow_wow
not safely no

Kim
That might be a little extreme. If you eat healthy, and dont have any late night snacks you'll lose 10 in 6 weeks.

br@ski
i advise you to drink green tea 1-3 glasses per day
green tea speeds up your metabolism
drink lots and lots of water 8 glasses each day.
do not snack
do not eat 6 meals a day, try to only eat 3
if you are really hungry and you've had all your daily meals snack on fruits ( oranges, apples, bananas )
exercise more try and run for at least 30 minutes a day
get more active
get more sleep it prepares your body
stretch, yes it works and it doesn't just help you lose weight it helps with you're growing to make you a little taller
count your calories try to stay under the amount of 1300 calories per day
change you're lifestyle it makes a difference
do not eat candy or chips eat more greens or protein bars
avoid fast food and cut out fried food when you cook your meal oven cook your food do not fry it
chew gum because when you chew gum you do not pick at food for example if theres some chips in you're cupboard you go to them a think good damn they look good then you would say no i cant pick at them because i dont wanna throw my gum away
do not eat after 6pm because before 6pm you can burn all you're food off and if you eat after six it will lay on you're stomach as you eat.
do not eat before you go to sleep
drink a glass of water before you go to sleep
eat spicy food, if you can because it speeds up you're metabolism
do not weigh you're self everyday because it torments you,weight you're self once a week ( every Monday )
good luck!
you can safley lose 2 to 3 lbs. a week!!!

moi
Rating
I have lost 45 pounds since October, steadily loosing 1-2lbs a week give or take. I did this by basically eating healthy and doing basic exercise like walking and swimming but not over doing it. Apparently it is healthy to loose up to 2lbs a week, the slower and steadier it comes off, the longer it stays off. Pace the weight loss, eat well, drink lots and exercise healthily, and let your body decide how fast it comes off. :) Good luck!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy