Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

Necrid
Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional Details
To all those health freaks

TELL IT TO RUSSELL GRANT!!!!!

burning brightly
Rating
What a silly attitude ~~

cherrypie
All It does is make you fat and there is a chance you might die early but i aggree with you, there is nothing to say that the day you die of something from the effects of the above that you might have been hit by a car later that day (if you haddn't already dies) i'm not sure if i'm making sence any more but I know what I mean :)

♥ Harrii ♥
ermm
your not on drugs as well are you ??

of course it is

Marky
You are quite right, you should do all of those things.

Then, when you've had your 3rd heart attack at the age of 40 and now stuck in hospital to also treat you lung cancer, diabetes and blood pressure there will be 1 less idiot on the street.

Stephen M
Rating
there is none, but then the likelihood is that if you smoke, drink and eat crap all your life you will be unhealthy, often ill and unable to do a lot of the things you may want. If you don't but then get hit by a bus at least your death wont have been long, drawnout and painful.

No one can make you be healthy, your choice if you want to be fat, smelly, unfit and ugly

faddyO
smoking knackers your lungs, drinking can knacker your liver, eating fatty junk food makes you fat and unhealthy. All of those could affect your health, but who knows? its the luck of the draw isn't it?

justforfun
eating crap is not bad

jibs
Rating
That is one way of looking at it but I believe you can die before you day by doing the above if you don't smoke you could live an extra 10 years why dice with death, everything in moderation is okay!

Teresa J
Rating
Well buddy, since you want to get technical...If you never drank smoke, or ate bad, you're right. You may end up getting hit by a bus or have a tornado drop down on you in the middle of the night, or make a mistake and shoot yourself while trying to clean your weapon--oops, I had a flashback! But you won't die from heart disease or TOBACCO INDUCED lung, mouth, or throat cancer, or obesity. You may even live longer, I can't say because there are a lot of factors that go into staying alive. Listen, stay off the street corners, get bulletproof windows, don't go outside, drink water and eat herbs, and do tv yoga and you'll prosper. Oh yeah, take a vitamin d supplement because without the sun you'll make no vitamin d. But then again, being in the sun too long could cause skin cancer. You see what I'm getting at? Too much of anything is bad. Do it in moderation. Except smoking. Smoking is juat plain old not good for you. It had no physical benefit. Not even an endorphin rush. At least with eating a high fat pfood, you body gets a feel good chemical rush. Live life to the fullest. and exercise. This is the only one you got.

focus
Rating
I would have thought common sense would have told you the answer to the question.

littlemissgio
Rating
Everything is bad for you. They inject vegetables and fruit with un healthy stuff to gain that nice taste. If you kept eating crap food you can put on weight. Drinking alcohol everyday can cause liver problems and smoking well that develops over life with lung disease and heart problems. But still doesn't mean we die tommrrow by doing these things!!! it develops over the period of time.

linz78
Well by the time ur too fat and gasping for breath to cross the road and the bus DOES hit you.....I feel sorry for the bus thats goin to be one hell of a dent

E
Rating
Smoking-kills your lungs
drinking- kills your brain
eating crap-kills everything else
Do the math

anne d
depends on how long you would like to live....

Smokin' Gun
Rating
Keep doing it and find out

heluurr
Rating
If it's our time to die, it's time to die!
Everything in our fate is planned!

lol

But I think It would REALLYY make your life shorter

Jessigirl
Rating
you just never know do ya! :) the great thing about life is that we each get to choose how we spend the time that we do have! so if you choose to smoke, drink, and eat crap and enjoy that lifestyle- good for you for being true to yourself!

LillyB
You only have to look at people who don't look after themselves to see how bad it is when they look 15 years older, have greasy skin, fat, out of breath, depressed. Obviously Russel Grant is not happy with his size so why point at him.

*T*I*N*K*E*R*B*E*L*L*
Rating
how would anhbody possibly know that. waht people do know is that all of the above is dangerous for your health. but hey if u dont believe it then go ahead and smoke, drink and eat junk. its your life.

squirrel
Rating
healthy people annoy me esp that cow on you are what you eat, you can either spend your life trying to avoid death by tiring yourself our runing about and eating salad or you can just have a damn good time and enjoy the finer things in life such as beer ciggies fast food and mind altering drugs.

massmom
well like many ppl said...life is too short...which is why im losing weight so i can spend the rest of my short life looking good and not fat lol...

and on a more serious note..my dad ate alot of junk food and smoked (he wasnt a drinker...he had maybe 1 beer once a month) and died at 43 from a massive heart attack...it wasnt like he was huge, he weighed about 225 lbs. im 26 now and i'd like to live longer than 17 more years!

edit.....

OH something someone else said reminded me of something lol. theres this family that goes to the same campground as us, well the dad died last year while they were on vacation in florida, he got so drunk and wandered away from the hotel and got hit by a car! true story!! so hey do what ya want lol.

Brian D
Rating
Yeah, and some people have lived when their parachutes didn't open, but you'd be an idiot to TRY and see if you survive. I hope you're just trying to get people mad...

Laredo
Rating
My husband could give you one gigantic "YES" answer. His proof that he was not going to die on July 13, 2007, was when he went in for a heart cath. Had a few little chest pains during the night and just wanted to check it out. Doctors immediately saw that he was within mere hours of having a massive heart attack. He had emergency heart surgery and today, he's alive, at work, and doing fine.

What caused his health crisis? The doctors said it was caused by years of smoking, 17 years of drinking (he'd quit in 1993), and eating everything that didn't bite him first (he wasn't overweight).

Your question seems to be somewhat a search for justification for an out of control lifestyle. Don't be stupid, you might not be lucky enough to "dodge the bullet."

Spiny Norman
Rating
Yes, my Nan and Grandad were bought up on dripping sandwiches roast pork dinners and full fat cheese. I do think we have gone too far. I see joggers every day looking ill and knackered. My Nan and Aunt were both in their late eighties when they died, my Grandad was seventy five. They all lived sedentary lives. The secret was not exercise and not what they ate. It was the fact that they did it in moderation.
I say moderate exercise and moderate eating is the key to a long life.

paul r
my partner's grandad is 98. his doctor recently told him to give up smoking. he said to the doctor "b*gger off. if i give up smoking it would kill me."

he's trying to catch aids now. he's heard that it takes ten years to kill you and at 98 that's a pretty good bet.

susie03
Rating
Well smoking and an excess of drinking & crap food will shorten your life - I think that's proven. However, as I do at least two on a regular basis I always tell myself the time comes off the end of your life so less old age.

ă‚· Pete
Rating
lol, try smoking, drinking and "eating crap" for 30 years and come back to us with the results... thats if your still alive.

Tommy S
My dog ate some crap once... I thought it was a little disgusting, but if you like it, go for it. I would brush, floss and mouthwash before getting close to anyone though.

Ivor Hugh G.Rection
Rating
I have to say really 'healthy-living' people annoy me.

Boiled Egg
I enjoy all of the above (apart from being hit by buses). Life's too short, and I want to make mine even shorter. Go on, crack open another can of beer, spark up a ciggy and have a kebab. I dare you!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy