Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

iluvcheer618
Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!

dynamitesoccer5
dont do it. you needto eat.

canadian looking for advice
Depends on your metabolism but I wouldn't recommend it because when your body is starving the next time you eat it stores everything and you will more than likely end up gaining back even more than you lost.

A thinking person :D
Rating
You need to eat!t

Elyse N
Rating
depends on you physical activities... and your weight now... When i fast for 4-5 days i lose 10 pounds or so... but i try to exercise alittle everyday... except for running... i cant run very well, plus i wouldnt want to pass out on the track in the hot sun.. haha ya know... but yeah thats my input :)

Santo R
About 5 pounds, it depends on when your body figures out what your doing and goes in to starvation mode and slams the brake on burning energy. Then it will stop it self from losing weight.

Chris S
Rating
JUST READ THE EXTRA DETAILS. Now I feel dumb answering your question. You clearly do not have the maturity to take on a fast. It would be extremely dangerous for you to fast and consume alcohol.

Fasting has a long tradition and if done correctly is not as others say bad for you. You must stay hydrated. Drink water or broth. What you lose in weight has mostly to do with your metabolism, or how many calories you burn doing nothing. If you are on a 2500 calorie per day diet and you have a metabolism that is equal to that (i.e., you burn what you put in and do not weight bounce), you will lose 10,000 calories in four days. Generally, you must be in a deficit of 3,500 calories to lose one pound. So, you'll be about 3 pounds lighter if you go back to the exact same routine.

Fasting is a good way (though no scientific evidence exists; see source) to cleanse the body of toxins as well as your organs are simply cleaning and filtering the water you put in and can do a really good job of cleanising without extra toxins coming in.

Shepherd!!!
Rating
that is so not good for you. if you don't eat you body will think it is starving and it will start storing fat.....

;)
you need to eat, but if you're trying to lose some quick weight the cabbage soup diet works really good. If you don't CHEAT you can lose up to 10 pounds in 1 week. Today is my 5th day and I've lost 6 pounds.

woodsieboi
Rating
it is in and around 8 pounds

Samho
duno you would probably be very ill after wards

Rebecca
Rating
How much weight you can lose after 44 days of not eating.... hmm Id have to say all. Because you would die. You idiot you can only last like 2 or 3 weeks withought food!

dattebayo_akiko
Rating
You will loose weight, but as soon as you start eating again, you'll gain it all back because you're so hungry. Try and eat NO junk food, NO red meats, and NO fried foods. Drink all water and skin milk. (no soda (even diet) or juice) Try and eat less too, not to get all the way full, but to get enough so you aren't still hungry.

GOOD LUCK!

Oh, BTW: for breakfast you should have 400 or less calories, for lunch 300 or less, a snack (optional) 200 or less, and for dinner 400 or less. Keep that in mind.

red
soup only and water but only for the 4 days ok i only lost 2 pounds but enuf to get into the dress i wanred for my party night good luck

rathkiller1
Rating
why dont u try running instead of starving urself because i didn't listen that much in school but i know that that's not really healthy. just like run around the block a few times

Grace
Rating
not eating will make you gain weight. your body will think there is a food shortage so it will store everything from anything you eat.

losing weight isn't something that you do in a period of four days. it takes a couple months to really drastically change your appearance and still be healthy. if you really wanted to lost weight you take a route that didn't involve starving yourself.

mike1144
Rating
in a week without eating wen i got teeth work done i lost about8 lbs, so i would say 4-6 pounds mabey

trustbuster
a lot but you will feel like crap and there is a possibility that you will faint plenty of times

Molly D
It would be better to do some kind of cleanse than just starving yourself. You will actually lose more weight that way. Like a colon cleanse diet or an all fruit diet. But to actually starve yourself you will lose between 6 and 8 lbs.

Miss J Hirst
Rating
You need to eat
not eating can actually make you gain weight tbh

hope it helps =)

K
you wouldnt loose fat youd loose muscle first , and you loose all your muscle before any of your fat goes you should build more muscle and even tho it weighs more it burns fat faster.

bannana inventor
5lbs.-7lbs.

Closed Store Tech
Rating
Only a nominal amount. After 10-12 hours, your body will think that it's startving. Digestion will slow down to a nominal amount.

dragoness_65584
Actually, your metabolism will go into "starvation mode" and slow down. This is why recovering anorexics gain more weight back than they originally had before the eating disorder. Trust me; I've been there.
If you're really going to do the drastic scary weight loss strategy, eat a small amount every day, divided into four or five small snacks.

An intake of a small portion of food every few hours throughout the day will speed up your metabolism, AND you're guaranteed to still lose weight in a very small amount of time because of the substantial decrease in calories.

Kayden
Rating
maybe about 2 or 3 pounds

pinspeed1
Rating
with this type of mentality, you have bigger issues to pay attentions to.

i'd worry about your insecurities.

you've got a problem!

Sweet Surrender <3
If you don't eat, you'll lose weight but then you'll just go on a feeding frenzy when you eat again and you'll gain all of it back and probably more. I've gone 36 hours without food before when I had to have surgery. It was one of the worst experiences of my life. If you go four days, you'll have absolutely no energy. You won't be able to do ANYTHING. You're body isn't going to just eat away at fat, but it'll eat away at muscle mass too. Starving yourself to lose weight is possibly one of the worst ideas out there.

langerbaby
Rating
well lets just say none...because if you dont eat you may think your losing weight but then the next time you eat you put on more weight because yout tummy has to store it. trust me i tried it before and i put on more pounds the next time i ate...please dont do it =]

but probly like 5 if ya do

natatata
Rating
you shouldnt deprive yourself of food cause that could lead up to health problems.

ms.cutie
Rating
It depends on your current weight and BMI.

Chibi
Food is necessary. It is downright STUPID to try to go without it.

Also, you will not lose much at all. When your body doesn't get any food, it goes into Starvation mode - meaning you will just get very tired and weak without losing any weight because your body is trying to keep what fat it has as long as possible. The same thing happens with very frugal diets, or if you have very long stretches of time between meals.

Secondly, losing weight quickly results in excess baggy skin, making it look like you never lost any at all.

If your doctor says you need to lose weight (and ONLY if a doctor says so) then you need to do it slowly and with a sensible change in eating habits - and if you want to keep it off, NOT a temporary diet, but a complete change in eating habits that will last the rest of your life.

Helen
Not that much in 4 days, probably a few pounds. 3 at most. Most weight could be water weight though. So maybe even a little more! Good luck with whatever you're losing weight for!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy