Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

How can I lose ten pounds in 7 days?
How can I lose ten lbs. in 7 days without much exercise? I have recently started dating a guy and his sister is getting married in a week. I havent' had time to prepare, nor do i have time to ...

Please tell me something horrible about soda! I want to stop drinking it.?
I am addicted to Coke (the drink, not the drug, haha) and Dr. Pepper, but I'm pretty sure they aren't good for me. Try to convince me to stop....

What is the best thing to do to lose wieght.?

People keep saying i am fat what should i do?

Do u think i weigh to much?
im 13 and im 4 feet 11 and i weigh 88 pounds im to fat right? i mean my legs are big and i think im fat do u?
Additional Details
im 13 years ...

Would I loose weight doing this:?
Eating a piece of marmite and butter toast for breakfast (I have to have breakfast because of school)
Eating soup and a tinnyyyy bit of bread for lunch
skiping super, but having fruit when I...

What will happen if i eat salad and water only and workout for 5 hours a day?
will i lose 6 pounds by august 31 please i need to know thats when school starts!!!!!!...

I am fat what should i do should i stop eating or do some running or die what should i do can you help me say?

What is your most invaluable weight loss tip ever? The more individual the better!?

What is the right weight for a 15 year old 5"3 girl?

Am i fat.. thin or somewere inbetween?
im 5 ft 2 in and im 106 lbs.... wat do u think???...

Is taking speed dangerous?
im 16 years old and i want to lose some weight fast i heard taking speed helps to lose weight but what are the affects of the drug?would any1 suss that i was taking it?...

How can i stay motivated to lose weight?
the only time I can really focus on excercising is around 5;30 am, so how can i get out of bed?

im having a problem staying motivated, any ideas ?...

I'm soo fat!?
people ...this is not normal...i'm 13 five feet 1 ...and i weigh 80 pounds OMG!! I'm soo fat ..i'm not joking ! I'm going on a trip like in 2 weeks and I dont wanna be the whale ...

Tara
What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to keep myself motivated.

lolly_2410
there is too much sugar and colouring its not good for your teeth
its not good for your body
its a waste of money
it doesnt really quench your thirst

Dixon
Rating
horrible pain of kidney stones and the possibility of diabetes? good enough reasons??

Sam B
Rating
Well a good reason is that the Phosphoric Acid in the pop and all pop kills and eliminates calcium in your body. With that happening many problems occur such as Arthritis and osteoperosis. Calcium is also a very, very important element to normal body functions

BrunetteBabe
its extra calories you cant usually burn off.
some studies show that caffeine makes things "shrink" if you kno what i mean.
the extra sugars make you're blood sugar soar and then fall, making you grouchy and feeling crappy all day.
it gets expensive, water is usually free. (btw there is noooo difference between tap and bottled water its a scam, they have the same health restrictions on both)

soda is really not worth it. but its ok for special occasions. it also helps to ease yourself off it instead of stopping cold turkey.

hersheyfan222
because if u dont drink soda u could loose a pound a week, believe me its true, i dont drink pop and i loose a pound a week

Fantasy
You will definitely shed some pounds. If you can make a habit out of drinking water within 2 days, you're good to go!

Army Gal
You will have a greater chance or Osteoprosis as an older adult.
If you are a kid, you could grow taller
You will not have as mush body fat, therefore more attractive to your boyfriend or husband.

Twizzlers
Rating
It's bad for your teeth and breath. It only gets you more thirsty. Also, it gives you gas. You already know that it's not healthy.

Lov'n IT!
Too much sugar
Caffiene in high amounts is not good for you
The acid in soda eats away at your bones

Sadie
Rating
It makes you fat

It rots your teeth

Carbonation gives you heartburn

Makes you burp

Mechanics use Coke and Pepsi to clean out carburators...imagine what it's doing to your insides!!

sydney
Rating
Well - they aren't good for you which I am sure you know already - they can damage your kidneys if that is all you drink and they cause you to gain weight also. Just think if you stop drinking soda and switch to water you will probably lose a few pounds, have some extra money in your pocket and be healthier altogether...Good Luck

digitalproceeding
Rating
So you don't get kindy stones and have a 1 inch crystal come out of your #$!@#, just think about the pain! Hah I bet your gonna stop now.

pradeep549
There was no good reason to start this in the first place, but you (and everyone) did it. Anyway, do you know that a can of soda has 40 grams of sugar. Roughly, 4 grams of sugar equals to 1 spoonful (I mean full, a heap, not flattened). So what you do now, take a paper napkin, amass 10 spoonfuls of sugar on that, and keep in front of you whenever you pick up a soda can. This will tell you that how much sugar you are taking with each can. I think the first look on the volume of sugar should be able to keep you motivated.

Sakura
Is not good for your body to drink it all the time. there's lots of sugar in them and is easy to get fat. Try drinking something else that's sweet. For example apple juice or orange juice. Is really good for you.

slacker3153
Diet soda doesn't have the carbs that regular soda does. But its still bad for your teeth.

cbay8882
Rating
Soda has high sugar content which is bad for the body, but more importantly bad for your teeth.

i hate undies!
urinary tract infection, diabetes, ulcers caused by the carbon and that's to name a few.

delmonticoman
12 Tsp. per 12 oz of sugar

berniemacatab
Rating
soda is just empty calories and refined sugar
i wouldnt just quit entirely but just cut down on your soda amounts. Try and replace it with water, tea, coffee, ...only then you can slowly give up your habit. If you quit entirely, you'll most likely have those cravings for soda and down huge amounts. I used to drink loads of soda, now I only drink them only every so often. I learned about tea, and love tea. It's healthier for you for sure. good luck.

Cy
Rating
Caffeine alters your metabolism, making it more difficult for you to lose weight. As you get older, this problem compounds. That's one reason.

#2 reason: Drinking out of a can just one time per day is in excess of your daily intake of aluminum. Your body doesn't need aluminum.

#3 reason: The outrageously high amount of sodium in sodas. It's the exact same thing that doctors go nuts about when talking about salt--the sodium!

#4 reason: Water just makes your body function better!

charlotte_cpl_lkn
Rating
Excess sugar, empty calories hat could be spent on other better tasting--more nutritious food. There are no vitamins, etc. Also, the carbonation----that gas has to come out sometime or you'd explode. Most men dont find it attractive for a woman to burp and fart all day.

Alex
Rating
Soda:
- contributes to osteoporosis;
- contains caffeine;
- contains sugar and acid which dissolves tooth enamel;
- may replace the drinking of low-fat milk, which is better for you;
- contains high levels of sodium;
- contains high levels of sugar, fructose, etc.;
- contributes too many "empty" calories that would be better received from more nutritious food and beverages;
- contains large amounts of phosphorus, which can be detrimental to the body's calcium/phosphorus ratio;
- can mess up the use of penicillin;
- gives you gas.
There are lots more medical reasons to avoid drinking soda.
You know about cleaning a penny in Coca Cola. Think what it does to your insides if it can do that to a penny!

sophia4470
citric acid (in almost all soda) depletes vitamins from your body; plus it can remove rust from metal..cola is used to clean blood from roads..I can find a few more if you need

crazycatlady4real
Rating
stop drinking soda and lose 10 pounds fast? Is that a good enough reason? worked for me!!! Think about it, if you drink 6 sodas a day,it's 900 calories right there!

lochmessy
Well as far as colas go, there is the fact that if you put it on a car it can eat through some of the paint on the car, think of what it is doing to your stomach.
The carbonation isn't that great for you, gives you gas.
I don't think there's anything wrong with some soda, especially gingerale. but, then you are talking about without sugar, so you have to deal with adding extra nutrasweet into your system, which some people say is bad for you.
I personally don't think that cutting out anything totally is all that good an idea. It's all in moderation.

arjo_reich
oh oh, i got one...

High Fructose Corn Syrup has been linked to the same types of liver cirrhosis found in habitual alcoholics - even in people who have never had a sip of alcohol in their lives.

Fructose can only be broken down in the liver. Insulin is still released in the blood as with other types of sugars but it cannot break down fructose which leaves you with elevated sugar levels for several hours until the liver can catch up.

HFCS is the devil...

Nikki W
Rating
It's like drinking straight sugar. If that doesn't gross you out, I don't know what would.

diva
you can lose 10 pounds in a year just by doing so

i love toast
read this its important,
WATER
#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
(Likely applies to half the world population.)
#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.
#4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
#5. Lack of water, is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
#8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?

COKE
#1. In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.
#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
#8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
#1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.
#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water? or Coke?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy