Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

How can I lose ten pounds in 7 days?
How can I lose ten lbs. in 7 days without much exercise? I have recently started dating a guy and his sister is getting married in a week. I havent' had time to prepare, nor do i have time to ...

Please tell me something horrible about soda! I want to stop drinking it.?
I am addicted to Coke (the drink, not the drug, haha) and Dr. Pepper, but I'm pretty sure they aren't good for me. Try to convince me to stop....

What is the best thing to do to lose wieght.?

People keep saying i am fat what should i do?

Do u think i weigh to much?
im 13 and im 4 feet 11 and i weigh 88 pounds im to fat right? i mean my legs are big and i think im fat do u?
Additional Details
im 13 years ...

Would I loose weight doing this:?
Eating a piece of marmite and butter toast for breakfast (I have to have breakfast because of school)
Eating soup and a tinnyyyy bit of bread for lunch
skiping super, but having fruit when I...

What will happen if i eat salad and water only and workout for 5 hours a day?
will i lose 6 pounds by august 31 please i need to know thats when school starts!!!!!!...

I am fat what should i do should i stop eating or do some running or die what should i do can you help me say?

What is your most invaluable weight loss tip ever? The more individual the better!?

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters.

Me
Rating
8 is the recommended, i should know im a doctor

man_honest1 w
6 to 8 hrs sleep is necessary for healthy life,but no day time sleep.

bouncybaby
Rating
8hours-your body makes harmones and good stuff to protect your heart-and system-while asleep.

honeydip1290
7 to 8 hrs is a healthy sleepin time

jay jadhav
Rating
dear at least 8 hours of sleep is necessary to maintain good health.if u do so u will not face any problem like early aging ,headaque,dark circles etc.also try to drink 8-10 glasses of water per day this is the golden key 2 maintain good health

Ghiacy
Rating
8 hours is perfect to sleep, but less or more that 8 hours will cause you sickness

elteachel
Rating
Well for a teenager is recommended 9 hours, but it's better if you sleep a bit more!

edgar(back for now) lol.
Rating
I get around 6 maybe 7. so thats ok but i carch on my sleep on my days off.

^_^graeco^_^
Rating
if im not wrong, its 5 hours to complete the sleep cycle, then the other 3 hours is for our body and full rest

bellandy
Rating
A person should sleep at least 6-8 hours a day to have at least the time it takes our body and mind to fully rejuvenate and this hours of sleep for teenagers is very important.

Cody C
Im a teen too usually i get about 6-8 hours of sleep. but my mom and dad are doctors and you are really supposed to get around 7-8 but it alright to get more or less.

Jen H
Rating
Every person is different. I think most people who are still growing (usually under 20 years) need more sleep than adults... However I am one of those people that needs about 9-10 hours... which makes adult life and work ridiculous to have time for!

notchristina
Rating
Although there can be individual variances, 8 hours of sleep seems to be the most common amount of sleep required by most adults. Teenagers however are said to need typically 9-10 hours of sleep! The best way to determine what your individual needs are is to go to bed as soon as you feel tired (don't stay up late watching T.V.!!) and then allow yourself to wake up naturally without an alarm clock. Count the hours you slept...When you get the right amount of sleep for your body, you'll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to spring out of bed- you won't feel groggy or tired. If you feel groggy and tired when the alarm clock sounds in the morning, chances are you're not getting enough sleep for what your body requires.

SJ H
6-8 is what is the best but you also have to know how active are you and the more active then you would need the higher end like 8 but it's not good to have more then that ....

nej24
Rating
7-8 hours... we need rest to rejuvenate and relax our body. it is necessary because it will give us more strength and energy for the next day

Jellyrocker ♪♫
The least amount that a child should get is 9 hours, and the average adult 7.

Hope I helped!

♥Remi♥
Rating
For every 2 hours you are awake, one hour of sleep is required. So, you stay awake for 16 hrs and sleep for 8 hrs. Minimum 8hrs sleep is essential. Even over sleeping could lead to problems.

lv_consultant
you definetly need more sleep when you are younger. young children need a good 10-12 hours while teens and young adults should be close to 7-8 hours. but the quality of sleep is more important than the quantity of sleep.

knowssignlanguage
at least 7 hours if you dont get that your immune system and body does not work as well as it should. My husband is getting ready to be a fireman and he had couple of classes and that is what they told him in one of his classes.

Dillon D
8 is recommended by most doctors, but that can vary from person to person. I'm a teenager to, and I'm good with 6. I heard teenagers need more sleep than older people because they're still growing or something, but that may just be a myth.

xma teakwondo girl
Rating
8 - AT LEAST

10 - TEENAGE LIMIT

12 - GOOD SLEEP

=[]
Rating
well adults and most kids get around 8 hrs of sleep...
teenagers like us on the other hand..
stay up all nigh and party whoo!!

Ashley
Rating
As a teenager you need 9-10 hours of sleep at night to be in your prime.

As a human, you need 3-4 hours of sleep nightly to function at bare minimum.

[706]
durin school, i usually got to bed @ like 1 or 2 in the mornin, and i wake up @ 545....... and it is NOT enough. Im thinkin a good 10 hours would do me good, dats what i do now, since its summer :)

Ethan
Rating
The amount of sleep one needs usually reflects their age, but there are differences on a personal basis.

Babies need about 16 hours of sleep while the elderly need only about 5 hours. And while a teenager needs about 9 hours, average adults need about 8 hours of sleep per night. Amazingly, one or two in a hundred adults can do with an average of 5 hrs per night, but on the other extreme some need as much as 10 hours per night. This personal difference is the reason different people will act differently even while getting the same amount of sleep. The amount of sleep required can be a reflection of how fast the sleep cycle progresses for that individual, the speed of recovery of tired neurons, and other factors yet unclear.

Pro Bush
Rating
you wont sleep for more then 4 or 5 until you graduate college.....the reason i am still up.

cubby
Rating

8 hours, ideally.

cali23baby@yahoo.com
me too 8 hours is good but more is better and less is worser

Mr. Sir
From my years of schooling I have always known it to be eight hours, but now I have heard it as high as 9-10 hours a day. (Wll night) Just go for what works for you, when I was a teenager I needed six or seven and I would wake up fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy