Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

How to get fat?
ok so i know this is odd, but i want to gain weight! i just want to be a little bit bigger all over, im 5'4 and weigh around 100 sometimes it gets to 104 or 105 but then comes bak to 100 again.....

How can I lose ten pounds in 7 days?
How can I lose ten lbs. in 7 days without much exercise? I have recently started dating a guy and his sister is getting married in a week. I havent' had time to prepare, nor do i have time to ...

Please tell me something horrible about soda! I want to stop drinking it.?
I am addicted to Coke (the drink, not the drug, haha) and Dr. Pepper, but I'm pretty sure they aren't good for me. Try to convince me to stop....

What is the best thing to do to lose wieght.?

People keep saying i am fat what should i do?

Gloria T
Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?

knapp_elise
Rating
I am doubting it... you are probley in the sun a lot or in a more well lite area than usual or you are in a warmer area than usual and so your skin is getting flushed and turning to a tan. the carrots have nothing to do with it.

Claire h
Yes, I have heard this somewhere before, but my opinion: I don't think it is true.

bluegrass
Rating
They can do that. Babies usually have this happen more than adults, but it's not dangerous. I doubt you're going to get so orange that you'll look like an Umpa Lumpa.
It's very good for you to be getting all that beta carrotine!!

Weatherman
Daft as it sounds YES

But you would need to eat huge amounts before the beta-carotine in them had any effect.

c.l.adams@sbcglobal.net
Rating
If you consume too much beta carotene your skin will turn an orange tint.

I knew a girl once who wasn't eating VERY many carrots but she was anorexic and the carrots were all she was eating. She was as orange as a crayon.

Maddi O
Rating
The answer: is yes!

During this summer i heard from a friend that eating carrot make you tan. I went and bought tons of bags so i could look nice and tan..considering the fact im sooooooooo white....and pail...and ew.

Anyways... i ate about 4 jumbo bags of carrots in 2 days, i woke up the day after that and was a wierd orange color. it took a while to go back to my normal tone.

I now hate carrots...

just dont eat to many carrots and if people tell you no, its not true... well they are WRONG.. mmk? mmmkays.

blue_girl
If you eat a lot of carrots, it can tinge your skin a bit, but don't worry you won't get too orange.

bom diggity
Rating
yea but not like an oompa loompa lol

my aunt always gave my little cousin this carrot juice stuff. and one time when i went to visit his skin color slightly changed to a light shade of orangeyellow. its cuz of the beta carotene

I change my name72
Rating
I eat carrots of and on but they don't turn my skin orange.

smkoniarczyk
Rating
I heard that my uncle went on a fast years ago and ate nothing but carrots. He turned orange.

Calix
Rating
Yes, it's true--the carotene in carrots (as well as other veggies) can do this to you. You may want to cut down on your carrot consumption, because this means there's just a lot of carotene building up in your body--it can be fatal in VERY large doses, but this is very (and I stress 'very') rare. You can look elsewhere for nutrients if you don't want to be sickly yellow-orange anymore, though!

chad_cmf@sbcglobal.net
A tint of orange, yes.

But ORANGE, orange, like bright ORANGE...

No

Gaz
Rating
Yes, it's possible see link.

CAITLIN
Yes. You have probably saturated your body's absorption of Vitamin A which is why you are turning a bit orange. Too much of any vitamin is not good for you. I have included a link to a site that contain more info on this.

Help
yes it might

woolly worm
Rating
YES THE CAROTENE WILL EVENTUALLY MAKE YOU ORANGE TINTED

TiNa
Rating
NO...i eat about 6 carrots a day...every morning i juice them...it helps my skin stay clear and my cheaks have a peachy glow...they used to be rosey before...and as soon as i stop a few days l8er im pink again....either way carrots are healthy for the skin(they have beta carrotene or something) they are recomended for a healthy coloured complexion ...and thsi drinking of carrot juice every morning is a arabic/persian beauty secret most women do it but are all secretive ....so dont worry you wont turn orange...all you will have is the orange glow in your cheeks and where ever else blood rushes to becuse it clears and conditions the blood .... (orange cheeks are in fashion...all my friends wear the peach no7 blusher)

trouble1687
Rating
if you are an infant the chances are higher but with adults you would have to eat a massive amount of carrotts daily

גַּבְרִי×?ֵל
a Little but they are still very good for you.

toddk57@sbcglobal.net
No: Gloria those " Carrots are full of good Vitamins "

stellabella
Rating
If you eat a lot, you can have an orange "hue" to your skin, specifically seen on your palms. ITs because of the beta carotene.

FavoredbyU
Rating
Yes! the beta keratene does...I used to be orange like the evening sun when I was a baby cuz i loved carrot juice....

kiki dee
I've only heard they can turn you orange, if you are turning orange then I wouldn't doubt you would become more colored if you continue eating the amount you do each day.

PAWPAW
yes its the beta carentine,

yoko o
Rating
Yes, you will. Carotenemia is a clinical condition characterized by yellow pigmentation of the skin and increased beta-carotene levels in the blood. In most cases, the condition follows prolonged and excessive consumption of carotene-rich foods, such as carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes. However, carotenemia has been associated with more serious conditions, such as diabetes mellitus and hypothyroidism.

sweetk1ssz
Yes this is true ; I learned it in some amazing fact thing.

lisa
Rating
Yes...The beta carotene in them will make your skin tinge orange if large amounts of carrots are eaten.

Brit
yes

huggz
Yes it can if you eats lots. Yes you will if you continue. Cut them down to 1 or 2 a day

Susan M
Rating
Yes, the carotene makes you orange. I had a friend who turned orange from eating ketchup.
Your body only makes the amount of vitamin A that it needs, then it stores the rest as carotene, the vitamin A precursor in your tissues as orange colored stuff.

toasty_hampster_of_doom11
The beta-carotene in carrots can turn nails and skin a slight orange color if consumed in large quantities.

It's doubtful that your skin will turn *more* orange, but it will remain that way if you continue to eat the same amount.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy