Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

sojo
Why is america so overweight?

ronald.parr1@btinternet.com
simply because theyre all fat guzzling layabouts to lazy to exercise and thats the fact!

sdega25
BURGER KING, MCDONALDS, and working 24 hours a day to try to live life..... FAST PACE LIFE...with LITTLE TIME to cook!

Raymond
Go to Philly and ask the locals...

LotsaSoccer
Rating
They're too busy to care enough to change the bad habits they've formed. Americans like to talk and complain, but few will do anything about a problem. This goes for being overweight. We also have too many ways opportunities to eat and most people don't reflect on if they're actually hungry. Often the food choices are not good ones, full of empty calories and too many hapazardly plop the food in our mouths without contemplating if they need to eat. Meanwhile, we're all so sedenatary watching TV and sitting at our PC's we can't burn the calories we consumed.

DreamingofU
I think it is because EVERYTHING we do revolves around food and food is everywhere. Americans seem to just consume food and don't take time to enjoy it. The other problem is that when we want to eat we want to eat now...we're on the go all the time so we pull into fast food restaurants and feed our bodies garbage. We spend a lot more time in the car, in front of the computer and T.V. and little to no time enjoying a walk, bikeride or sport.

ymomzy
Rating
FAST FOOD = don't want 2 take the time 2 eat, FROZEN FOOD = don't want 2 cook, PROCESS FOOD= don't want 2 shop 4 fresh, HORMONES IN FOOD= in this country food is made poorly, and the most know one , LAZINESS= get your fat butt off this computer and work it off (EXERCISE) . PLEASE !

crash
We do not eat good healthy food. We eat lots of fast food, lots of candy, soda's, breads, chips, donuts, stuff just laced with stuff to kill us all early.

frooliemew
Because we do everything in excess!

Biggest Cars
Biggest Houses
Biggest Job
Biggest Meals = Biggest Butts

I ΓΆβ„ΆΒ¥ my doberman
i blame everything on Bush...lol

JAC
there are several reasons for this.
one.. Americans do not do much in terms of exercise and activity. if we spent time like our past ancestors did, working in the farms, and such, we would have much of a weight problem. second, the food we eat is atrocious. fast food is so bad for us. did anyone see the movie "Super Size me"?.
that alone was enough for me to stop eating at MC'D's
of course, most diets do not work.. what we need is moderation in the food we eat, and get our buts out the couch and exercise...and exercise.. our bodies will respond accordingly.

Sami
if any american today goes back in time 10 yrs thy would find that their meal portions got divided by 4

desi sports guy
cuz americans dont like to waste food!

camping_girl
Americans are always busy and on the go so they eat a lot of fast food. The portions at fast food restaurants are sized medium, large and super-sized. Everybody wants to get their money's worth so they go for the large size or super-size. Fast food is also convenient and it's difficult for a lot of Americans to get a lunch together at home to take to the office.

blondedude
Rating
You americans do not seem to realize the harmfulness of sugar and wheatproducts. They pump up your sugarlevel so high that all the grease you eat, will cause an insuline effect that leads to fatcapturing in your body.

turtle278876
Rating
because there is a fast food restaruant on every corner.

wlc87
Rating
Stressed out, and they can get fast foods. When your stressed the faster you can get it the better. LOL

shorty
Because the people eat alot of fast food and processed foods that are high in fat, sugar and artificial colours. This bad diet leads to obesity and other bodily disorders like diabetes and heart disease.

franja
'cos they eat so much & so much of it is high fat processed 'food'

Remember "MacDonald's food" is an oxymoron!

I hear there is no word in American for 'peckish'.....get one!

kma22263
Because people have no self control.

ezlozano
I think this is becoming a globalized issue... BUt it's just a result from the lifestyle people have... Lots of work, NO exercise and JUNK FOOD at all times.

This will bring DIABETES, HEART DISEASES and OBESITY as a result.

Anonymous
Because they saw you and said "I want to be just like you"

OH SNAP!

tyty
THE ANSWER IS HYPOTHYROIDISM, IT IS A DISEASE THAT MAKES YOU FAT FROM THE THING IN YOUR NECK CALLED A THYROID GLAND.

GreatNeck
Rating
Uh, can you prove that, or is it just you...............

edmdood24
Rating
cuz their all hungry for fast food .

Jen
Two words: Fast Food

ensjesseaccord
There are many reasons that can attribute to this, however this question should also be directed towards the world, why is the World so overweight? Every country has overweight individuals; it has to do with modern convenience, self control, emotional issues and product marketing. The US has a lot of Dairy in our primary products, compared to most Asian countries where diets consist of fish, water and rice dishes, to these countries that do not consume Milk and Dairy Products, most Americans smell like infants, this due to the fact that in most Asian Countries Infants are the only ones ingesting Milk of some kind.

isadolce82
Do you want the list or the top 5 reasons? Because we want to SUPER SIZE everything in sight-portions are out of control; lack of exercise; laziness, lack of self control, where else can you get a double burger with cheese, full of saturated fat in under 5 minutes for $2 bucks? Add in a coke and fries and you've got a "happy" meal......uuuugh

Christy
Rating
so much junk and fast food
ppl dont exercise a lot and theyre lazy

kayak_number_12
Rating
Overfeed, under nourished.

Sugar in everything. For example, why do they put sugar in soup -- see link below. (Also check out the SODIUM).

militantfairy
I classify humans as animals. When animals are domesticated, they don't have to fend for themselves any longer and they just sit around and eat. I don't know exactly why we have a higher obesity problem than most other countries, but it probably has a lot to do with technology and fast food. Just a guess. It seems as though we have a lot of sedentary jobs involving computers, and I'm sure that plays a part in it as well as the convenience of fast food, and the conveniences of certain kinds of modern technology. Also we are a very rich country, and even the poorest of us have television and video games and other things to keep us entertained without us having to move at all. Of course other countries have all of these things as well, so I would guess the American mentality plays a huge role as well. But these are all just guesses and supposition I haven't studied the matter really.

Not all of us are fat lazy cows. Some of us enjoy exercise and do eat right. I don't group French people as a bunch of frog eating weirdos, or Brits as a bunch of tight @ss snobs, and I don't think of Australians as looking like Crocodile Dundee, so maybe somebody should be a little more open-minded? Thanks.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy