Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

Am i overweight? please answer seriously!?
im 14 5'8" and i weigh 104lbs. how much should i lose to be at a healthy weight? and what is a healthy weight for my age and height? please answer seriously!...

How much weight will i lose if i starve myself?
OKAY i know the risks and its very dangerous but you have no idea im extremely desperate! i want to lose a lot of weight i have a week and 30 days to lose i dont know much but i really want to! ...

Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?
Does walking around campus everyday help you lose weight?...

Do i need to loose weight?
Ok so here's a picture of me:

http://i171.photobucket.

i think i should loose 6-11lbs. what do you think?...

I am 11 years old and i weigh 111 pounds. i am five foot three(tall) and i want to know if this is over weght?
i am generaly healthy, i want to know if anyone has thigh and lower abb exercises to keep me in shape and if anyone has any workout schedules i can use. the quicker the results the better. also meal ...

Am I underweight or just right??
I'm 12, 5'0 or 4'11'' (somewhere around there) and I weigh 90 lbs. i'm always energenic and HYPER!!! Am i underweight or ok???...

What have you eaten today???
i just want to compare our daily amounts!!! ...

I stopped drinking soda, now what do I drink?
Trying to lose weight with diet and exercise and I have cut out all soda. I drink a lot of water but what else can I drink that will not detour the weight loss?...

How do u get abs?
im 14 and i have a pretty good bikini bod except for that u can only see my abs if i flex. i rly want those abs u see in victorias secret models. is there any excersize that will help me get those ...

Am I becoming Anorexic?
My dad always pokes my stumoch and tells me to stick my belly in. He always jokes about me being fat. Problem is I know im not fat, (Im 5ft3 and weigh 105). However his words really hurt my feelings. ...

How much weight can you lose if you don't eat for about a week?
I don't think i'm gonna do it, but i can't find out anywhere how much u could lose. So how much could you lose if you don't eat for a whole week, but you still drink stuff(mainly ...

How Do You Like Your Eggs???

David H
When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

robin love
I say neither cause the childs DR should of said something about it when they notice.

Meggi
The parent, because usually the parent is the one who feeds the child and makes sure they are eating properly, unless the child is an older teen than that might be partially the child's fault. People also eat when they are stressed or depressed so the child might need support from their parents mentally, but their parents aren't giving them any, so it would be the parents fault.

fitman
Rating
Parents. The person who acquires the food will determine the eating habits. One cannot eat food which is unavailable. Also, I do not see too many 8 year olds who are the primary grocery shoppers.

Sibylle
Both. Many parents let there kids eat junk food and snacks all day and then wonder why their kid has a lot of trouble losing weight and eating in a healthy way when their older.

God's Child
Rating
It is NEVER the child's Fault. Whether it is through neglect of the parent overseeing the diet or genetics.It is not necessarily the parents FAULT, but, the parent should be encouraged to want the best available for the well-being of their child. No one is to blame, but solutions come from the ones in charge, which are the parents.

Tiffany C
The parents without a doubt. They're the ones that are supposed to lay the foundation. Eating everything in moderation should have been something that the child was taught from the beginning.

johnysums
You should definitely blame both. The parents should be more conscious of their child's eating disorders and the child shouldn't be that much of a slob.

i_found_nemo@sbcglobal.net
The parent, in most cases at least. I know a 12 year old isnt taking his/her car and driving down to the fast food resturants and picking up the food. Kids need to be told/helped on what to eat...at least until they are 15 or 16.

Matt Black
Rating
If the child is too young to understand what's happening and there is no medical or other reason then I think it's the parents fault and is child abuse.

It'sMe23
Rating
Def the parents!!!!! Don't you watch Maury Povich? ... "If my son wants 4 happy meals for lunch, I'm not gonna tell him no!" These people have to be kidding me!

In flu3nce
Rating
My personal genetics keep me from becoming overweight. However, certain people in my household aren't as lucky. We all eat take out food almost every night since that is what my parents get. It is just more convenient than having to cook up a healthy meal.

Personally, I could eat healthier but it is just so much cheaper for me to indulge in fast food since I usually don't pay for it. My theory is that if the parents were making better meals, then their kids wouldn't be so unhealthy or be so overweight.

theCATALYST
Rating
The Parent. The reasons are obvious.

Martial Arts Freak
welll the parent buys the food, educates the child on what to eat and of course gices them money to buy food and serves food up, they need to control what their child eats. i myself was NEVER controled, when i was a child i ate so many aweets it was rediculous. i ate fast food and all sorts of bad things. around 11 when i started to gain weight i knew i had to change things. and i did. so i was never really over weight in my life, but thats only thanks to genes.

so the parents are responsible, but to a certain degree so is the child

tina m
Rating
The parent, of course! Definitely! Trust me, the source that helped me answer your question is a doctor... So, children rule, parents down!

peachmunk
Rating
I think it depends on the age of the child..if were talking under 12..I blame the parents 100%!! It's a parents job to make sure their child is eating well!!! I think if a child is significantly overweight it should be considered child abuse!!! Diabetes is very dangerous and it's affecting more and more children because of what they are eating!!! I simply say "If you don't but it, they can't eat it"

greenfern
Rating
i think parents have the blame. a child does not really have the capabilities to stop eating something that tastes good...ie, candy, junk food, fast food.

☆Little old me☆
Rating
Both, the perant should make sure the child eats correctly, but then again, some children have problems, were they can eat perfectly healthy but still gain weight so the perant cant be to blame.

As for the child, if they eat junk behind the perants back, then it is their own fault.

All depends on the child id say.

Lindsey S
Rating
Parent...the kid doesn't buy his own food or cook it, or even teach himself how to behave....the parent needs to teach the child to be healthy, it's no different then teaching them to bathe themselves or do their homework on time...it's the basics of child reering....

Kristina
Rating
The parent, hands down. First of all, they should monitor what their children eat better. They should encourage more physical activity...don't allow them to sit around all day and watch TV and play video games. Don't buy the junk food and keep it in the house. Educate them on nutrition and the negative effects of bad eating and the benefits of a proper diet. If the child has a problem with over-eating, that more than likely stems from an emotional problem, like a lack of attention...or even boredom. The raising of a child is the sole responsibility of the parent...and that includes their health.

♠ Kapitän Jünk ♠
Parent!

they're the ones that don't help them because they buy them the unhealthy food to eat.

whenwillthelambsstopscreaming
Rating
The parents definitely. We learn everything from our parents.

holdera22
Rating
Unless it is some type of genetic disorder or thyroid type problem, I think the parent is responsible.

Mrkvica20
Rating
I think the child( if actually a child possibly age 1-13) does not know any better then what the parents have taught him/her. If the child develops bad eating habits early in life, the parents are of course to blame because those habits will be with the child most of their life. That is why i think it is the parents' fault and every parent should be aware of what their child consumes inorder to keep them healthy.

barthebear
Parents, both genetically and environmentally

Fraulein Maria
Rating
Parent.

Rhonda & Cats
Rating
Depending on the age..the parents. They purchase & serve the food. Kid has to eat what is available.

bshelby2121
Rating
i gotta say the parent defiantly not the child

Dingelbury McCain
PARENTS!

BridgetteBabe
the parent because the parent buys the food, the parent gives them the food. and the parent doesnt set any limits on what he or she can and cant eat. p. im a daughter of a doctor.

Staveros
Rating
The parent. They should be teaching the kid better eating habbits and kicking their butts out the door to play and be more active!!! They should also set better examples.

Once the kid becomes old enough he/ she then knows better from other examples and education. At that point, it is more of personal responsibility.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy