Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I overweight?
I'm 5 foot 8 and 134 pounds. Am I overweight? I don't think I'm that big but I have a health nut as a mom. She hints to me everyday that I'm fat. One day she made me so sad that I ...

Am I at a good weight or are people fooling me???HELP?
I am 13 and am 5'1 at 121-125 pounds. Whenever I look in the mirror I just see a chubby girl, my mom and sis tell me that I am just having illusions in my brain and that I am not fat and that i ...

Do i need to loose weight?
i am 13 and i feel very fat. my friends all think i am skinny. so skinny that they call me anerexic or bulimic just because somtimes i dont eat and somtimes i throw up. i weigh 98-100 pounds an i am 5...

Do you eat breakfast before or after you excerise?

Am I fat? Please tell me honestly. Im 12 years old, 4'8 and I weigh 86 pounds. Please tell me the truth!?

Why do people keep spelling 'lose' as 'loose'?
I know its not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me. It is spelt with 1 'o', not 2
Additional Details
I don't ...

How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?...

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

I wish to stop smoking pot but will i get fat if a do?
as smoking pot speeds up your matabalisom I am coNcernd if i stop smoking pot and eat the same 3 meals a day as i do allready will i get fat as my matabalisom will be much slower
Additional D...

Is it bad to weigh 89 pounds and be i the 8th grade?

Additional Details
im bout 5'1...

Why are americans fat? What do they eat for their meals? Burgers and burgers??
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I saw an old episode of Oprah and she said more than half of the american population are overweight.
Additional Details

Am i FAT??
i am 13 (14 in two months) 5'4 and 105 pounds in the morning

am i fat?

please help because i always feel disgusting and i dont know what to ...

mickey
Why in the hell does my arms jiggle when I wave good bye?
Look, don't start with your fat. I weigh 123lbs, and work my arms out twice a week. When I straighten my arms, I'm quit impressed but the minute I make the L shape with my arms, the flab falls out of no-where.

How in the hell do you tighten this area?

dr.dunn
its pretty common for that to happen.
its probably your skin if your not fat.
if you work out ask who ever your working out with.

xkrmcrx
Rating
get a sewing kit from wal-mart,i suppose you know what to do from there.

Shaggy
Rating
My arm jiggles. I'm 6'2 150 lbs skinny guy.

kay_flood
Rating
the upper arm can be tough for a woman to tone, our muscles aren't as responsive as men's are. There are several exercises to tone that area, rather difficult to describe.....
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/dietandfitness/getfit/strengton
this link may help

QWERTY
I have no idea but it's a great question and I'm dying to hear a good answer for it! You get the 'best question' award for tonight!

pablo_asawa
don't be offended but you are getting older..my wife is 55 and she noticed this and she work out three times a week and swims and gardens..so it is age..i don't think you can get a plastic surgeon to touch this area?

kenzie_chanel
Rating
the best toning for your arms i have ever found is through David Kirsch...you can get his Ultimate New York Body Plan DVD...its all about shadowboxing with 3lb dumbells-crossover, hook, and uppercut 20 reps each or more then right into pushups then right into tricep extensions..bicep curls, and overhead shoulder presses then go into a plank position

Sabrina
Try working them out 3-4 times a week. Do little arm circles. Those help a lot by toning your arms.

The PENsive Insomniac
Have you lost weight? That may be part of the reason. If you can afford it, you could have surgery to tighten it up. That may be pretty expensive.

tabulator32
Rating
Build up a little muscle tone.

ten minutes a day with some five pound weights.

slow curls.

work up from there.

Diva
Rating
Well first of all, twice a week is not enough. You should be doing weight training at least 3-4 times a week. Also try using heavier weights. Another thing to think about is that a lot of women have those "chicken wings" no matter how much we work out and weight train!

jdlifsey
Rating
Get your % of body fat measured through either a skin fold test or by electroimpediance at the gym

kinkysexy
the flab is fat stored in the back of the tricep. to fix this, you use straight or curved bar on a tricep pull down machine. grip it underhand like you are going to do a bicep curl. pull down, repeat. you should feel the burn right where you are describing. i recommend starting with 40lbs, because it hurts like hell the next day if you use too much weight. Do not use the upside down V bar that you would use for overhand triceps - its not friendly to he wrist. good luck!
incidentally - that's how those powerlifters have those horseshoe looking triceps - there's three muscle groups to workout.

CluelessOne
Gravity, plain and simple.

holeeycow
You may not be fat but you have NO muscle tone. Get off of the computer and exercise.

coolbreeze44105
Rating
Try the Slim in Six video. Great exercise routine using flex bands. You can get it from beachbody.com

Yes I am here!!
do reverse curls. take the bar and hold your arms up and go down slowly behind your head and back up. do them as slow as you can with as much weight as you can stand.

wintermag52
theres skin and fat that you're supposed to have to keep you healthy too

~mz. freaky_shye~
Rating
lift weights or do pushups. u may not be fat but ur arms are.

Raven
Rating
First off, how old are you? Your age will have a factor not just your weight. You can work on your triceps a little more than normal to firm up that area. Try tricep extensions, tricep kickbacks, skullcrushers, etc.

Here's some sites to check out:
http://www.etricep.com/tricep-exercise.html
http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/training-fitness/women-triceps-exercise.htm

saginawcomic
You'll need to work them arms more than twice a week. Try every other day.

Do arm curls with free weights or rubber bands or whatever you can get your hands on. And workout the triceps. Those seem to be the muscles you seem to really want to target.

Push-ups work well too. Do a few sets of those. Set number is determined by how good of shape you are in now. If you can do 15 reps without a problem, then make it 20 and do three sets of 20 push-ups in your routine and build from there.

Jogging or any kind of cardio workout can help burn fat in the overall body scheme. That'll help tone things for ya.

If you still can't get the jiggle to go away, well, I guess you can look forward to hollering out BINGO!!!!!!

Also, you could find another way to wave good bye.

Take care

minnie
i dont know. maybe theres alittle extra fat.

charllie
Rating
your perfect don't even worry.

aslong as it doesnt jiggle when you flex, nothing to worry about.

agarcia
Rating
not gonna lie- when i read the title i laughed.
i think everybody has that, no matter how in shape they are.
well, unless you're like a body builder or something.
but this one time i was at a football game. and the guy next to me was cheering and the same thing happened with his arms. and he was in pretty damn good shape. that's when i realized that there isn't really anything we can do about it.

necromancer mortaneus
Rating
ADIPOSE TISSUE. its natural. it stores energy, it protects muscles and organs.

matthew
Rating
its prly just skin...but if you want to tone it more do pushups and bicept curls

mav426
Have you tried Triceps pull downs at the gym. I do those and L raises. If your unfamiliar with these moves I'm sure any of the gym staff could assist you.

Samantha
Rating
Everyone has fat, no matter how good they look. You wouldn't be able to live without some fat.

jay b
your arm is suppost to do that, unless its like crazy jiggles, then you have really wierd arms

First Name Whittney
Rating
That's with everyone! my mom's 120, and her arms jiggle like jello!

brittanyA
excess skin- just don't wave good bye with your whole arm.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.464
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy