Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

I wish to stop smoking pot but will i get fat if a do?
as smoking pot speeds up your matabalisom I am coNcernd if i stop smoking pot and eat the same 3 meals a day as i do allready will i get fat as my matabalisom will be much slower
Additional D...

Is it bad to weigh 89 pounds and be i the 8th grade?

Additional Details
im bout 5'1...

Why are americans fat? What do they eat for their meals? Burgers and burgers??
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I saw an old episode of Oprah and she said more than half of the american population are overweight.
Additional Details

Am i FAT??
i am 13 (14 in two months) 5'4 and 105 pounds in the morning

am i fat?

please help because i always feel disgusting and i dont know what to ...

How the hell do I gain some weight?
Im 5'3 106 pounds,I eat bugers,pizza,bacon,every unhealthy food I could think of.When I eat,I go to sleep and is it any way I could slow down my metabolism....

Can any body suggest me 5 easy steps to lose weight?
My weight at present is 89 kgs .i'quickly want to lose weight before my on campus placement commences. I'm final year student of pharmaceutical sciences....

Do you get less hungry a few days after fasting?
i'm beginning to fast friday and i would like to know if during school hours next monday (i have this week off) if my stomach is going to growl during class?

*PPLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ME...

I want to loose weight i am 5"2 and 189 lbs i don't eat alot of junk but i drink soda if i cut out the soda
would i drop most of my weight?And also what is the best tasting diet soda?...

Am i fat.........................
My sister always says Im fat when she's mad and want to yell at me.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches. I weigh 101 lbs. My sister always i mean always calls me fat, and i think she is seriuos. ...

Should i become anorexic just till i like my body?
im 14 and fat no joke.im not one of those girls who freak out over 1 or 5 pounds im literally fat at the verge of hitting 300 pounds!!!!!i know that anorexia is bad and so is bulimia but im so sick ...

Which is better for me?
Should I make a corn dog or an ice cream cone?...

zack
What is the best way o lose weight?
i am only in 6th grde but i need to lose weight i need any solution. but i cant go threw a diet is the prob i just cant stay with it plz help!!!!!!!!!
Additional Details
well see i dont really like veggies

lady
ok just stay calm a diet doesn't mean that you have to stop eating!!! don't ever let anyone tell you that you have to stop eating. you have to eat the right things and meals. for instance if you love to eat alot of fast food then what you do is stop eating out you have to learn to cook yourself something to eat. get a set schedule on what you need to eat and what you like to eat. make sure that you take pe in school thats also a workout in school. but get a schedule like i said. if you enjoy cereal and grits and things like that then try raisin toast with your cereal eat that and instead of white bread try sara lee whole grain it taste just the same but has more vitamins and minerals. layoff on the soda and chips try to eat more vegetables. soda makes you gain so much of weight. i hope that i helped you in some kind of way.

starrbuff2
Rating
Diet the mind and not the body. Therefore. just watch your intake when u do eat cut back on the amount that u eat and monitor what and how much u put in your mouth. Lots of Fruits and Veg's will help as well.

lynne21288
first of all you don't necessarily need a diet as far as eating goes... but you do need to get involved in a sport they are really helpful in these situations especially if you like the sport and if it is a team sport you will have support from team mates and don't worry about the girlfriend thing it will come just be yourself and don't be self-conscious about the extra weight because when you are it shows! best of luck!

raesples
Rating
self control!

mississippi_girl_92
i don't now but i am 5'7 and 145 nd i am 14 u are not that fat

katie_beverley
Rating
Try and eat less chocolate and crisps.
If you want a snak, have some fruit instead.
Also make sure you're drinking enough water.

secrets_from_the_dark_side
its as simple as this exercise ,find a sport u like get out and play ,give up ur lazy ways eg video games ,socialize more and if u really want a girlfriend wants really wrong with fat sixth grade chicks ur a chubby ,rememeber dont live in a glass house

TheJoblessSpoon
Rating
oh hun you're so tall for a 6th grader. im 1.71 meters and im in grade 10 (sorry i come from Aus. and dont have a clue about anything other than the metric system,lol) youre not fat at all! and plus you'll shoot up, like growth spurts and stuff, and make sure you DONT do weights until you're round 16 because it will stunt your growth. it you want to lose weight play sports! , do a lot of cardiovascular exercises that'll help. cut down on how much you eat, drink a lot of water, it helps detox and clear skin aswell, dont eat anything white or processed. they're only "fillers" they dont do anything but turn into fat. dont skip meals, only increases tendency to snack. also dont eat a huge dinner because you'll be overworking your stomach at night. not good. and remeber NO WEIGHTS!!

good luck! ;o)

sadbuttrue
Rating
Make up your mind not to do it for a girlfriend, but for yourself. Train your mind to concentrate on it full time. think how good it will feel when you start receiving compliments on your weight loss. Think about the fact if you don't do it(eat less) how bad it will be to take insulin shots for the rest of your life for diabetes. With diabetes you may lose legs,go blind, all sorts or problems.Do it NOW> Good Luck you can do it if you make up your mind, that's 1st.

learning
Rating
hey, i had the smae problem in 6th grade. deits are really hard (i still can't stick to one), so the best way is excercise, but doen't try to do it on your own, it'll end uo just like the diet. try joining a team. now i was not athletic in 6th grad, but I join the basketball team and I lost a ton of weight just from practices. if i could did you can too!

jennjordan123
the truth is that NO "diet" will ever work. the only way to lose that weight is to make LIFESTYLE changes. stop eating the sweets, stop drinking the sodas...at least for a while. get plenty of veggies and lean meats-chicken, fish, etc. stay away from red meat. Did you know that fast food restaurants have a chemical that is in all the meat products that actually MAKES YOU CRAVE IT?!?! there are soooo many added hormones in todays meats that you need to check it out before you get it. exercise-this doesnt mean go to a gym, just run around...play with friends, play a sport...as long as you have your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes you are going to burn calories. also, when you are trying to lose weight you need to exercise at least 5 days a week...once you get to the weight you want you should exercise 3 times a week to maintain. PS, dont feel like you cant eat what you want...the trick is to eat more good foods than bad and dont over eat...todays portions, especially at restaurants have enough food to feed a small army in them...cut your portions in half and save the rest for your next meal or the next day...I know you'll get to the weight you want...PS this is what i did and i lost 115 pounds...you just gotta be healthy...and by the time you lose the weight you wont even have to think about "what am i eating" the healthy choices will be second nature. GOOD LUCK!

warghost_2006
Baloon Gastric Surgery(where they inflate balloon-isk type object in your stomach then they take it out after a few months/years) is reversible and they do, do it on kids when its serious life or death. extremely safe, gastric bypass is more dangerous which they dont do on children your age. but more safer than it was a few years ago.
if those choices dont work for you, cause of your obvious age. you can always try a doctor prescribed diet. it all depends on how serious it is. you can always try the Double up system though
like instead of eating a hamburger after school
you eat a big big salad. much bigger than the hamburger.
or if you like apples or fruit
you do that.
dont forget if you eat healthy you can always fill yourself. more than a greasy hamburger would. or something of the sort. anyways i wish you luck

guywithbadusername
Hmm, I really have no idea. I've never had to lose weight in my life. (I'm naturally skinny, n' stuff. Actually I'm trying to gain weight this year so I don't think I'm the best guy to help you at all but I'll try.)

Anyway, I realize that dieting can be icky. Heck, I love food. Just make sure you don't eat at McDonalds too much. I heard eating five meals a day (provided you don't completely stuff yourself with each one) was a good way to increase your metabolism. Exercise is definitely a helper. Take up running, pushups, crunches, stuff like that. If you do enough of that you can have quite a bit of fun with it.

Whatever you do, don't do Atkins. Yeesh. That crap will...well, it probably won't KILL you, but it ain't good.

Anyway, all I can offer is a positive outlook and a "good luck," so good luck!

(p.s. My advice is not to be taken in lieu of anything a docotr or medical professional says. Unless said doctor is named Atkins. Heh heh.)

loudmouth2600
you answered my question thanks for the thing about the black eyed peas!!
work out more

Luis
Rating
Flavour your vegetables with things you do like, like grated cheese or sour cream or somesuch.
Other than that, eat a little less, exercise a little more.

dr_adn
do take good excercise. take controled good vegitables fuits

♥ Jae ♥
I would lower my calorie intake to about 1,200. Eat 5-6 small meals a day every 2-3 hours to build up your metabolism. Avoid sodium, sugar, dairy and limit your carbs. Eat plenty of Lean protein & vegetables. Drink alot of water. And, make sure you exercise EVERY day.

Jess
yes how much do you weigh and what is your height.. then you could see if you are overweight. Mary kate olsen once thought she was fat (but she was super skinny)so she went on a strict diet. ended up in hospital with annerexia

melisa_i_love
Rating
First off, you're only in the sixth grade ... You don't need to be thinking about dieting. Secondly, if you're a boy and interested in obtaining a girlfriend, you are NORMAL!!!!You have a long life ahead of you and it would do you good to not be so down on yourself. As for loosing weight: just try things that you enjoy; such as walking, bicycling, basketball(sports) And spending time outdoors. Often the youth of today spend entirely too much time indoors playing video games, watching TV and feeling lazy; tired and often times depressed about things that are going to work themselves out in time. My serious suggestion for you is to start doing things that make you feel good about yourself and stop sitting on the other end of this message board WAITING for the answers that already reside within yourself. Good-luck!!!!

sk8ter_gurl_4ever_luvsu
you're in sixth grade shut up my good god in heaven why is everyone so naive in this subject grrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chica
hunny ur in the 6th grade u dont need to b worrying about this....but if ur trying to loose weight in a healthy way then do cardio on an empty stomach...like speedwalk for 40 minutes right after u wake up in the morning, and eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day! goodluck

shylock
try to decrease your food portions, e.g. instead of taking 2 slices of bread,take 1 etc.
try to exercise,and this could be anything - dancing, walking, jogging, running,swimming etc
drink lots of water,it's good for you
try to eat more veg and fruits.
try and reduce the amount of refined sugars you take eg crisps, sweets etc. don't cut it out,because when you get back on them,you'll just fill yourself up
try to take brown carbohydrates like brown bread,brown rice etc
hmm...what else? weighing yourself,you might think you haven't lost weight,but then muscles weigh more than fat. so if you can measure yourself,like across your waist,chest,belly etc to see if there's any difference.
good luck

jonnytipatorul
Go to a different planet or moon. If you go to the moon you'd only weigh like a 3rd of what you weigh now. That'd be a pretty great way, in my opinion

jc1995_12
Rating
do exersize eat stuff that makes u lose wait run alot u know

shark38dd
Rating
no sugar, nothing the color white at all...lots of water ! Veggies, meats,no chips..nothing WHITE !

Annika
Rating
the answer is simple.... ONLY DRINK WATER AND DONT EAT ANY JUNK FOOD! EXERCISE HELPS TOO!!!

Mercedes A
well sweety the best and only way to loose wieght is to stick to a good food program
like in the morning have a glass of orange juice with a bowl of cereal..not the sweet kind like coco puffs...try kellogs frosted flakes that have berrys in them
for lunch have a light one...like a salad with your choice of dressing...ranch is a good one that has a good taste
for dinner eat what ever your mom fixes...but don't snack out till bed time..when u do this..after about 3 weeks this will become a habbit for u...and as time rolls on u will see a differnce and feel a difference...and at least once a week eat one candy bar (just one thow)sorta like giving yourself a treat...

Doofer
I lost 60 pounds by gradually going to smaller plates, go to a smaller one about every 2 weeks. I now eat off a plate the size of a saucer. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!! I eat anything I want only a little bit. NO DIET.

lil21dog
Rating
please dont try ur to young. its gonna be 5 times as hard 2 lose weight now then if u were a lot older. but if u wanna heres some tips.try taboo
WHAT to eat for losing weight

• Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, especially NC (negative calorie) food.

* Print these lists. They will be your ... "Bible", from now on !
* Dill and parsely - include them in all your salads. Also ognion + garlic.
* Try eat mostly fresh vegs & fruits (whenever possible, of course)
* If you really want a book, then check this out: The Negative Calorie Diet Workbook & Cookbook - eBook (Win95/98 only). Read more about this e-book here.

• Eat fish, chicken, beef, pork. (preferences are in this order)

* If you are a vegetarian, then ignore this!
* Avoid fat meat

• Eat 2-3 slices of bread/day. Don't EVER exclude bread from your diet!

• Snacks between meals (if needed): apples, oranges, grepfruits and other NC fruits

* Don't cheat ... NO cookies, chips, candies, brownies etc!
* EVEN if they have "low fat" indication... They might have low fat, yet they can have lots of CALORIES !!!

• About rice, potatoes, beans, [xxx]nuts, pastry, pasta... you know!

* Don't eat too much of those, at least during the first weeks of the diet. I'm not a low carb addict, but I've noticed weight gains if consuming those in large quantities, especially when associated with other foods.
* If you like them a lot, try and eat them like one meal. A nice delicious plate of spaghetti could be your lunch (never dinner!), followed by a nice big apple. These rich starch foods are not good for dinner!
* At dinner time, chose mainly large mixed veggies salads... with fish, lean meat or cheese (if you are not a vegetarian).

if u want to lose weight the best food to it are baked potatoes with nothing on it. no salt no nothing just plain. u can eat a 10000000000 baked potatoes till ur stuff and not gain a pound. i heard that from a weight loss tape. the best drink is water or gatorade. thats a start then when you work out do some taeboo. if u want a macine. run with dumbells on a treadmill. u could do the rocky workout. but thats a new story. u could use a butterfly macine i think it works the abs

1) It is not just the amount you eat, but what you eat. Lean meats and vegtables that snap are a good place to start. And by snap I mean fresh and not boiled or doused with better or whatever.

2) Exercise moderatly but for about an hour every other day. Spend half of that walking or running at a good enough pace for you to feel labored. The other half of the time use weights, or exercises such as push ups or situps to get a muscle "burn". A gym is also an option, but I don't know if you have the money for or want to spend the money on it.

3) Sleep well. To bed earlier and up earlier. Exercise in the morning when you wake up, not in the evening before bed. 7 hours of GOOD sleep is a must.

4) Occupy yourself with a hobby that keeps your attention for a long period of time. A hobby like this keeps your mind focused and gives less of a chance for snacking from boredom.

That is a good place to start... if you see good results, keep it up and modify to fit you... if it does not, see a doctor AND a trainer

Keep working out, drink water a lot, eat 5 to 6 meals a day but in small quantities, vegtables are important specially cucumber and lattice, fruits not be eaten after meals except by 2 to 3 hours, minimize the starch quantities in your meals lots of salad is important, your last meal must be before you sleep by 2 to 3 hours
the most important thing is you don't lose patient wait and have a strong will to be as what you want

you might have some more ideas from www.ivillage.com

good luck

jadryn8888
Rating
BREAKFAST: Prefer
Carbohydrates, whole-wheat bread, whole grain cereal
Skimmed milk or light tea or decaffeinated coffee.
LUNCH: This is the main meal. Prefer
A salad, boiled vegetables as starter,
Bread and/ or rice.
Whole grain vegetables like kidney beans (rajma), chick peas (chole), dal.
Lightly cooked green vegetables.
Skim yogurt
EVENING TEA: Any fruit with tea or coffee.

DINNER: Should be light with no fat. Prefer
A vegetable soup as starter
Rice or bread. If you had roti for lunch then have rice for dinner.
Whole grain vegetables like kidney beans (rajma), chick peas (chole), dal.
Lightly cooked green vegetables.
Skim yogurt
Any dessert with minimum sugar.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy