Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is it bad to weigh 89 pounds and be i the 8th grade?

Additional Details
im bout 5'1...

Why are americans fat? What do they eat for their meals? Burgers and burgers??
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I saw an old episode of Oprah and she said more than half of the american population are overweight.
Additional Details

Am i FAT??
i am 13 (14 in two months) 5'4 and 105 pounds in the morning

am i fat?

please help because i always feel disgusting and i dont know what to ...

How the hell do I gain some weight?
Im 5'3 106 pounds,I eat bugers,pizza,bacon,every unhealthy food I could think of.When I eat,I go to sleep and is it any way I could slow down my metabolism....

Can any body suggest me 5 easy steps to lose weight?
My weight at present is 89 kgs .i'quickly want to lose weight before my on campus placement commences. I'm final year student of pharmaceutical sciences....

Do you get less hungry a few days after fasting?
i'm beginning to fast friday and i would like to know if during school hours next monday (i have this week off) if my stomach is going to growl during class?

*PPLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ME...

I want to loose weight i am 5"2 and 189 lbs i don't eat alot of junk but i drink soda if i cut out the soda
would i drop most of my weight?And also what is the best tasting diet soda?...

Am i fat.........................
My sister always says Im fat when she's mad and want to yell at me.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches. I weigh 101 lbs. My sister always i mean always calls me fat, and i think she is seriuos. ...

Should i become anorexic just till i like my body?
im 14 and fat no joke.im not one of those girls who freak out over 1 or 5 pounds im literally fat at the verge of hitting 300 pounds!!!!!i know that anorexia is bad and so is bulimia but im so sick ...

Which is better for me?
Should I make a corn dog or an ice cream cone?...

Does drinking too much Diet coke make you fat?
Although diet coke or coke Zero have no calories I read somewhere that the chemicals in the drinks can slow weight loss and actually cause you to retain weight? Please clear this up for me??...

Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight?
Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight in a short period of time? What can i do and how much weight could i lose in three months? ...

I am exercising 5 days a week for 1 hr to 2 hrs but not loosing weight, after 3 or 4 months!!?
It is so frustrating because I go from no exercise to exercising and feel like I have gained. I started doing 60 minutes cardio, but they said that wasn't good, so I went down to 45 minute ...

Losing som belly fat :)?
what type of work out should i do to lose belly fat im already eating healthy but i need to ...

Help :-( im TOO skinny!!!?
i am 12 years old and have a bad problem
i am REALLY skinny! but i mean really. im not anorexic but i look it. all my friends are atleast 80 -100 and im 75!!!! my waist line is only 23 in! :...

Im 5'8 and weight 110 and Im 18?
I still feel fat. I have been struggling with weight since I was 13. i have been doing better lately-than a few yrs ago when i was in the 80's lbs. help me feel good about my self whats wrong?...

I am 20 years old, two foot six, and weigh fifty billion pounds. Am I overweight?

What can a 24 year old girl do that is fun that DOESNT'T involve drinking, eating, or spending money?
I don't want to eat because I am on a diet.
I don't want to spend money because I am in college.
I don't want to drink because it is just not good for you!

What ...

What age do you consider to be old?

How do I lose weight without exercising?

Jenn
How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?

TitoBob
I lost about 30 lbs in two weeks, but that was the result of having a large colon tumor removed, followed by chemotherapy that killed my appetite, so I wouldn't recommend that approach. The safest way to lose about ten pounds would be to increase your cardio/aerobic exercise level to burn calories, and go on a sensible, inexpensive diet such as that recommended by Consumer Reports recently. You can expect to lose the weight in six to eight weeks.

Consumer Reports recently rated the Volumetrics Eating Plan as the best approach to weight-loss dieting. Simply put, for each food, calculate the caloric density by dividing the number of calories in a serving by the weight of the serving. Then you focus your attention on eating more low-density foods than high-density ones. They fill you up sooner, so your calorie intake drops, and you lose weight. You can continue the plan indefinitely (after you get to your desired weight, just add a few high density foods to maintain it), so this diet has a good chance to keep you at your desired weight once you get there. There is a book available, "The Volumetrics Eating Plan", published this year.

idexjun
At the beginning (July 2nd) I weighed 187 without clothes or shoes. As of yesterday I am now 179 with shoes and clothes! I eat 4-5 small meals a day with about 400 calories each meal (my bmr is 1900 some odd calories a day). Only eat carbs in the morning/afternoon and load up on the protein on each meal. I sit at my desk all day at work so really the only exercise I can get is after. I alternate days between lifting and HIIT/normal cardio. I'm there 6 days a week. I also take whey protein powder and I just started taking ThermoShred. Also, I drink at least 100oz of water each day.

The best way to maintain your weight is to find your BMR (from www.fitday.com or google "BMR") and try to stay around that calorie range.

diamond0801
I lost 30 lbs in 4 months drinking LOTS of water, no fast food at all and walking 2 miles a day in the evenings. Had to lose weight tho because of my diabetes.

Flummoxed
Rating
I exercise daily, eat healthy, eat in moderation and I don't stress out.

I lost 25 pounds since last February (because of a barage of injuries, I gained weight), mostly by biking, walking and cross-training. I have an injury so I cannot lift weights yet (I do recommend it). The most I have lost is 45 pounds (from being inactive to active few years back) and have only gained 15 pounds from being injured last September.

I never really eat pizza or fried chicken. Anything labeled low-fat is a joke and since I cannot eat aspertame, don't even try it. I eat just about anything I want, except that I already know how much portions I should be eating before becoming full and when to stop. I never reward myself with food.

I tease my metabolism after eating by walking for 20-60 minutes. I never stress when I can't do it. Or when I gain a pound or two. I gain about 5 pounds during my period, so I stopped really weighing myself 2 weeks every month.

I've never been healthier than now since I started exercising and I think the most that has changed is that, I refuse to let failing to lose weight affect me.

And yes, I still eat chocolate and ice cream and they're not the low-fat kind.

LEMON the good life
Rating
Ate three small meals a day. A little bigger than the size of my fist. drink water, avoid pop. DEFINATELY exercise. try to do so every day.otherwise excercise at least three days a week, thirty minutes a day. If you do this and we have the same metabolism than you should lose ten pounds a month. I was 260 and now weigh 210 and still losing! To maintain the weight just keep doing what you have been. Don't be too hard on yourself or you will not keep it up. Stay excited and motivated, join a group, do whatever it takes to stay motivated. Believe me, once you start feeling good in your skin it will be its own motivation. By the way, I ate whatever I wanted.Jjust make sure you keep portion control in your mind. I eat a lot of fast food but as long as I stayed away from pop and had small meals I was ok.

seew
Rating
I lost 60 pounds in a month taking a martial arts class four times a week. I ate whatever I wanted. I didn't have the self discipline for diet/exercise but the martials arts is fun better health is just an added bonus.

{:3)
Rating
I ate less (not too little), learned what foods I should eat more of and less of, exercised, drank lots of water, stay focused.

I maintain my weight by eating better and being more active (walk the dog, walk to work, go for a bike ride, etc). Pay attention to how you eat and how much you move.

I would suggest analyzing one's diet and activity level and seeing where improvements can be made. See how many calories should be consumed with an on line calculator, learn portion sizes, eat more veggies, drink water, walk 30 Min's everyday. You will lose ten lbs.

john c
avoid maccy's!!!!!

Sunshine Swirl
Rating
After I gave birth to my second child, I weighed 204. It took a year, but I lost 50 lbs. to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. Now I currently weigh less than pre-pregnancy weight, but want to lose another 10-15 lbs. before Christmas! I accredit this to going vegetarian, breastfeeding, babywearing, walking for 45 minutes, and playing with my kids!!

burghgirl
I lost the first 20 pounds by cutting back on my drinking and late night eating. The next 10 came off thanks to Weight Watchers. I started at 170 and now weight 140. I'm still trying to lose, but I stay pretty much at 140 all the time. I switched to diet soda & whole grain pasta/bread, drink more water, cut back on my portion size and junk food. Good luck!

ethnhunt2000
Rating
i started running the mile and to try to get a better time on it i went from 9 minutes to 7.5minutes.

with my weight i was 220 lbs and i dropped to 195 lbs

running seems to suit my solution

♫=life.
Rating
drink alot of water,eat healthy...veggies,fruit,wheat not white bread,fiber and protien.

exercise. I walk 4 miles everyother day while listening to my ipod. Its also stress relieving.

STAY AWAY FROM FAST FOOD.

good luck :)

DJLOU714
1. Exercise daily at least a good 30min of cardio and 30min of weight training

2. I got on a low fat/low carb diet, and i drink like 8 glasses of water a day

3. take supplemental vitamins or if you weight train take some whey protien shake before and after workout

4. get a good night sleep at least 8 hours daily

5. stop drinking sodas, beer, high fat milk

6. avoid eating after 6pm

I was 278 now im 240 in about 5 months and still losing

smoke_horse
i used to be 263lbs, and i am only 5foot 5 in, i am now 200(after a baby) but before the baby i was 190. I lost my weight in 2yrs by eating very little, i was not anorexic because i ate. I ate two sandwiches a day and worked midnights at a plastic factory(very hot work) and sweated out alot of my weight. After i got pregnant it was hard to start to eat a normal diet again so i dont recommend it at all. i am in continueous battle with my weight because of what i did. And i am now a diabetic, again because of the way i lost weight and my pregnancy.

Hoptoad City
I was at 215 and my doctor said I needed to lose around 15 pounds. I have eliminated softdrinks (including diet) and cut fried foods out of my diet. Also, I have tried to limit my salt intake. To salty of a diet can cause water retention. I run 3 to 4x a week. In around 2 months I have lost 11 pounds and I did not change anything else in my diet. I also allow myself fried food once a week on the weekend. Im at 203 now. Remember I am also 6 feet tall and I have been very active for years. I started gaining a bit of weight after i got married and was on the road all the time with work. This plan is working well and I feel good!

cosnowkitten
I lost 16lbs by daily walking and reducing my daily calorie consumption; the tried and true method of eating less and exercising more. I found it extremely important to track what I ate and how much I exercised so that I would know exactly what I was accomplishing. I also made overall diet changes like eating more foods in their natural state like whole grains and raw vegetables. To reduce my calorie consumption I ate smaller meals more often. To keep the weight off as I have now for over a year I have continued to eat healthier foods and try to walk at least once or twice a week. Whenever I start to lapse and gain a couple of pounds back I go back to tracking my eating and exercise habits so that I make myself aware of what goes in my mouth and how active I am.

jmo818
I'm on nutrisystem. I've lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks. It's all about exercise and healthy eating there is no way around it if you want to be healthy. Drink lots of water also.

HotLittlePotato
Rating
i am 98 lbs... i lost 2 pounds by eating a cookie and walking to the scale.

Marissa
I needed to gain weight. I was 100 and now I'm 120. i'm 5'7". I work out.

bunny
Rating
eat healthy (choose things like pretzels/tortilla chips over potato chips...), swim/run (two types of excersises you can do forever and works EVERYTHING in your body)...and get off my bum and gain some self control.

lifeisgroovy
Lots of water and walking! Yay!

♥Twinkle♥Toes
Everything in moderation.

Slightball
Rating
You have to watch you portions of food. It is not just about eating healthy but eating smaller amounts. Also it helps to get out and run a little or play some sports.

Good Luck.

lizabopeep
i lost 50 lbs in 3 months on a modified south beach diet

Sweet Lilies & Lavender
Rating
I was at 235lbs and I am now at 154lbs. I started watching "biggest loser" and it motivated me to start working out, and eating healthy.

Sabine É
Rating
The old fashioned way. I moved more and ate less.
I cut all sugar and simple carbs, cut all junk foods, soda, replaced them with whole grains, added lots of protein, and started to exercise 1 hour a day, 5 days a week. I lost about 30 pounds. This is now my lifestyle, so I maintain my weight by eating right and exercising.
Sorry, I don't have any unique new way :-)

amy a
Rating
255 to 158 by eating small meals every 3-4 hours and 50-90 minutes of exercise 5x per week including cardio and weight training.

mark
As the 1st poster said, I also lost weight on a slightly modified version of the south beach diet. You don't have to avoid carbs on this diet. Just avoid bad carbs. Augment with moderate exercise and it will work.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy