Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

I wish to stop smoking pot but will i get fat if a do?
as smoking pot speeds up your matabalisom I am coNcernd if i stop smoking pot and eat the same 3 meals a day as i do allready will i get fat as my matabalisom will be much slower
Additional D...

Is it bad to weigh 89 pounds and be i the 8th grade?

Additional Details
im bout 5'1...

Why are americans fat? What do they eat for their meals? Burgers and burgers??
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I saw an old episode of Oprah and she said more than half of the american population are overweight.
Additional Details

Am i FAT??
i am 13 (14 in two months) 5'4 and 105 pounds in the morning

am i fat?

please help because i always feel disgusting and i dont know what to ...

How the hell do I gain some weight?
Im 5'3 106 pounds,I eat bugers,pizza,bacon,every unhealthy food I could think of.When I eat,I go to sleep and is it any way I could slow down my metabolism....

Can any body suggest me 5 easy steps to lose weight?
My weight at present is 89 kgs .i'quickly want to lose weight before my on campus placement commences. I'm final year student of pharmaceutical sciences....

Do you get less hungry a few days after fasting?
i'm beginning to fast friday and i would like to know if during school hours next monday (i have this week off) if my stomach is going to growl during class?

*PPLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ME...

I want to loose weight i am 5"2 and 189 lbs i don't eat alot of junk but i drink soda if i cut out the soda
would i drop most of my weight?And also what is the best tasting diet soda?...

Am i fat.........................
My sister always says Im fat when she's mad and want to yell at me.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches. I weigh 101 lbs. My sister always i mean always calls me fat, and i think she is seriuos. ...

Should i become anorexic just till i like my body?
im 14 and fat no joke.im not one of those girls who freak out over 1 or 5 pounds im literally fat at the verge of hitting 300 pounds!!!!!i know that anorexia is bad and so is bulimia but im so sick ...

Which is better for me?
Should I make a corn dog or an ice cream cone?...

Does drinking too much Diet coke make you fat?
Although diet coke or coke Zero have no calories I read somewhere that the chemicals in the drinks can slow weight loss and actually cause you to retain weight? Please clear this up for me??...

Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight?
Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight in a short period of time? What can i do and how much weight could i lose in three months? ...

I am exercising 5 days a week for 1 hr to 2 hrs but not loosing weight, after 3 or 4 months!!?
It is so frustrating because I go from no exercise to exercising and feel like I have gained. I started doing 60 minutes cardio, but they said that wasn't good, so I went down to 45 minute ...

Alyssa K
Whats the fastest way to lose wheight?
I'm 5"0" and 13 years old I whiegh 142 I really need to lose wheight can anybody help???
Additional Details
oh yeah I exersize 20 hours a week

I am a jr.high cheerleader and a competition cheerleader. I go to jr.high cheerleading every day of the week exept monday and weekends for 2 and 1/2 hours and I go to competition practice for 2 hours every monday and thursday and open gym for an hour on wednsday

Dave
Rating
Liposuction. Duh.

Courtney
Work out try to be active most of the time and eat healthy!

Kim
Rating
If you are 13, you do not need to worry about your weight. If you are exercising as much as you say you are, most of your weight is going to be muscle, which weighs more then fat. Society says you should look one way, but not everyone body listens to society. You shouldn't either. If you are a cheerleader, and having fun with your friends, enjoy that. Enjoy eating all the things teens should enjoy and have fun. Life is too short to worry about what others think you should look like.

toe poe gee gee oh
Go vegan...run for your life....use a stationary running trampoline...about $30 dollars. Get in a sport and don't eat cheese . Oh and get a psychotherapist...because people overeat for psych reasons.

Superman
quick proven ways to lose weight:
-eat smaller meals and include snacks in between..
-drink lots of water: 3litres is recommended
-exercise:cardio will help lose weight.. good idea for first starting to jog: try to jog 1 minute, than walk a minute. and just keep switching.. once you get good u can increase it to two minutes or just take the walking out.. make sure it is for at least 15 minutes and stretch for 30 seconds or more afterwards.. exercise and working out is the best way to lose weight and be health..

these tips work better than any diet and can be proven.. and they all have positive affects towards your life

Ginkgo
Good carbs like celery and carrots will never make you fat. Bad carbs like cake will, but you don't need to know the whole science of glycemic index and load. It is mostly NOT your fault, if you need to lose weight. The way we have been taught to eat is responsible for making obesity the number one health problem in the world (according to Atlantic Monthly magazine) replacing hunger and infectious disease. You need to re-learn how to eat so you can become thin. Not a diet, but diet lifestyle.

Find out about fastest way to lose weight, gradual ways to lose weight, most effective exercise, good and bad carbs and anti-water. Lose bodyfat and retained water which also makes you a lot fatter (bloated). Most important-- make sure to read the last "fat loss tip", first before anything else, to see the number one food that causes Americans to be fat.

http://phifoundation.org

j_son_06
Rating
Wreck your bike, and knock out one of your front teeth. I did this and lost about 40 lbs. in about 2 days.

Ashley
Don't get me wrong: Losing weight is not easy. You will never hear me say that it is. It takes dedication, motivation and hard work.

But there are some fairly simple changes that will greatly improve your chances of weight loss success. If you're serious about changing your lifestyle, these steps will get you there.

The key is to dedicate yourself to these changes and do them consistently.

No, losing weight isn't a walk in the park. But by following these steps ... you may find it's a little easier than you think!

CHANGE ONE: WHAT YOU EAT
First up, let's take a look at some simple ways to make significant improvements in our diets.

ELIMINATE RED MEAT
If foods like burgers are basic to your current diet, cutting out red meat can go a long way in helping you make healthier meal choices.
By building your meals around fish and poultry, you can more easily keep temptation at bay by eliminating many poor fast food and restaurant choices, which are over-sized and high in fat.

To keep your shellfish, fish, chicken, and turkey diet-friendly, be sure to choose the right preparation method.
Be wary of creamy, high-cal condiments that come with entrees, like tartar sauce or special sauce on grilled chicken sandwiches.

CUT OUT FRIED FOODS
Keep your healthier choices truly healthy by grilling, baking, roasting, broiling or boiling them.

Keep things interesting by adding fat-free condiments to your usual fare. A tangy barbecue sauce will give boiled chicken a kick. Lemon-herb dressing will complement broiled fish deliciously. People love saying salsa and, if you ask me, it makes just about anything taste even better.

Make sure your spice rack is always stocked with plenty of herbs and spices so you can doctor up your favorite dishes to your own taste without adding any additional fat or calories. Plant an herb garden and you'll never run out!

If you often eat fast food, forget that combos even exist; they seem like a better deal, but they're just not worth the extra calories! Stick to a grilled chicken sandwich and a side salad when you're on the run.

START WITH SOUP OR SALAD.
Having a salad or cup of soup for starters can be an at-home habit that pays off in pounds-lost. They can curb your hunger, prevent over-eating, and help you stay in control of portions.

Choose a broth or tomato-based soup like minestrone (rather than a cream- or milk-based choice). Vegetable soup made with broth, stock, or tomato soup is ideal, because the veggies will help fill you up and give you a fiber and nutrition boost.

Top your salad with low-cal dressing or balsamic vinegar. An added plus of having a salad before every meal is getting more fiber, something we all need plenty of. Be sure to include lots of veggies and dark mixed greens like spinach in your salads.

FINISH WITH FRUIT.
Instead of reaching for the cookie jar or helping yourself to dessert after meals, make a point to finish off with naturally-sweet fruit instead of sinfully-sweet treats.
Not only will you save fat and calories, you will also have the added benefit of extra vitamins, minerals and fiber. Few of us eat as much fruit as recommended.

In time, you will become accustomed to foregoing sweets and you'll look forward to your healthier treat just as much.
STICK TO MINERAL WATER
This may go without saying, but they don't call it a beer belly for nothing. Alcoholic beverages are high-calorie and can lead to out-of-control eating. Try to cut down -- or better still, eliminate -- alcohol.

sOuL dOcToR
Homeopathic Treatment for Excessive Fat and Weight :-
PHYTOLACCA BERRY's Mother Tincture is perhaps the safest and sure fire way of loosing excessive fat around abdomen. With Phytolacca Berry once you loose the excessive fat and weight you don't get it back because you body takes care of itself after that and keeps you from gathering up excessive fat. It is prescribed after having a baby too, to get the tummy to loose its flab and to make it flatter and tighter. And after loosing weight with this you don't get flabby it tightens up the flab and skin along with helping your body to shed the excessive accumulation of fat around the girth
The dosage is 15 to 20 drops of the tincture in half a cup of hot water thrice a day half hour before or after meals.
Avoid Chocolates, Coffee, Mints, Red Meat and Carbonated and Alcoholic drinks while taking Homeopathic Medicines. You have to take it for at least 30 to 45 days after that you start to feel the results.
To the best of my knowledge its the safest and the most sure fire way of loosing fat and weight and keeping it of for keeps. Excellent remedy for Obese people who cant seem to shed weight despite trying.
Homeopathic Remedies can be found at all Major Herbal Stores or could be bought on line, In most of the world Homeopathic remedies are quite cheap and easy to find and they do not need a prescription.
Take care and God Bless !

P.S
Regular active exercise is advised with all weight loosing medicines and remedies :-) Take care

Windwispers
Rating
Cut down on greesy foods and candy. Cut out soda water. ( Pop ) Take walks .... This is the best way to lose with out a crash diet...

Spike
excersize is the best but trust me your fine for you hieght. You don't want to weigh any less you just want to keep the same weight but get more mussels and stuff.

S.H.
Weeelll, one time, when I was about 15 or 16, I did that Atkins diet.

I have to admit, it did work...

I lost nearly 40 pounds... One thing, however, I did notice that it worked better on men than women... My parents and I did the diet together, and my dad lost more weight than I did, but my mom didn't lose so much weight. She lost a good amount though...

The problem with the diet was that it's kinda hard to sustain.

You have to change the way you eat, as you do with every diet, but its not jsut that, it's more like a lifestyle change...

I believe, it went like this. For the first 2 weeks, you stay under 20 carbs a day, then, after that, it was something like 50 carbs a day.... I don't really remember, but you should look it up.

This was a few years ago.

Also, there's no replacement for exercise...

bahamiano
Rating
lose the "h" in wheight.....LOL

go jogging and watch what you eat.

onegirltimestwo
you people. don't be mean to a 13 year old.. what's wrong with you?

eat less, drink A LOT of water, and exercise. i would NOT suggest trying any fad diets.. you're too young, i would think.

the key is to burn more calories than you consume. i can't stress drinking water enough. it is essential, especially when you exercise.

fancy unicorn
riding the snake!
DDR works, it's addictive like crack but without the negative connotation

orlandosbabe13
Rating
u just have to exercise at the y, or get any chance u can get to exersise...before u go back to skool, u can excersise at home and drink lots of water and energy drinks while u r excersising...by skool starts hopefully u will have loss at least 5-10 ibs. that would be great!
luv orlandosbabe13

kinsy_tay_tay
Rating
okay i'm 13 too. I weight a lot more than that. If your trying to lose wieght for a guy DONT.

guys are enemy scum

r
Eat less.
Exercise away the fat.

spooge_otter
South Beach is a good one. You'll still get good nutrition, but the weight will come right off. Exercise a lot with this plan, it's a great combo

P-rent
Rating
Eat less and exercise. Start jogging and some small resistance training.

sphinkterboy11
drink wine & eat vegitables+

explorer
Rating
no machines can help your body loose weight you have to help yourself
eat food that is less fatty ignore foods like butter, ghee but drink a lot of milk
avoid sugary food
exercise your body regularly

blankman86
Rating
first of all it has to do with recognizing the problem and that means stop making avatars that look nothing like you

Aki
Eat healthy and in moderate portions. And by that I don't mean sometimes.

Nick
Rating
Burn more calories than you intake--it is that simple.

~*~Stacy~*~
Rating
there isn't a "fast" way besides medical procedures to lose weight fast. the best way to do it, is to start exercising and change your eating habbits. b/c if you do a drastic diet but don't change your habbits, you'll only put the weight back on after it's lost

Fat G
Rating
Weight loss tips

Today there is too much information available on losing weight that has become more confusing and sometimes difficult to follow. It’s actually very easy to lose weight if you follow my weight loss tips.

* Be in right frame of mind
Before you can start any diet program you need to be in the right frame of mind. If you do not feel good about yourself you probably will not want to choose healthy foods. You cannot expect the act of going on a diet to make you feel better about yourself. The only way you can choose to eat a healthy diet to lose weight is if you have a positive self-image.

* Eat whole food
Top weight loss tips
Eat whole foods that are as natural as possible. When you eat whole foods that are full of nutrients your body will know how much to eat and how much not to eat. You do not have to count calories because your body is a wonderful machine.

* Eat fresh fruit
Eat at least two servings of fresh fruit every day. Choose whatever type of fruit is in season.

* Drink enough water
Drink the best weight loss supplement known to man, water. Most people do not know the difference from being hungry for food or thirsty for water. A great deal of times people eat when they should drink. Most likely you will not feel as hungry if you are getting enough water. You will be satisfying the thirst, which is confused for hunger. Water also helps you digest food better. Drinking water before you eat will help fill you up.

* Always chew your food
Always chew your food well. Chewing your food well will ensure that you get the most nutrients out of your food. Getting the most nutrients will satisfy your body therefore you will eat less. Another benefit of chewing well is that it helps aid in digestion.

* Take small meals
Eat small, frequent meals in a day. Large meals tax your digestion system, making it work harder. Taking too much time in between meals makes you hungrier for the next meal.

* Include protein at meal
Include good sources of protein at meal, chicken, fish, legumes, peanut, cottage cheese, eggs or yogurt.

* Shut off TV while eating
Shut off the TV whenever you eat – that includes meals and snacks. Studies show that we automatically eat larger portions when we snack in front of the tube, and typically those foods are high in fat and sugar, which means excess calories!

* Increase your physical activity
Increase your physical activity. Most people are over weight because of a lack of physical activity. Start walking more, bicycling, walks your dog for longer periods of time, swim, dance and leave the car at home when you can. It’s important that you choose a physical activity that you enjoy because you’ll stick with it.

kernel_sanders
Rating
Just walk.Or a bicycle. It is called exercise.

KB
I think a good starting point is multiplying the weight you want to be at by 10 and that's how many calories you should intake a day. Exercise is always a must of course.

DOG_KUN
run and run and run till u cant no more

acholtz@verizon.net
You are too young to need to lose weight. Talk to your parents and tell them that you are worried about your weight and you want to start eating better and exercising. Then start making better choices and at the very least, start walking or riding your bike. Don't worry about speed here, that's not healthy.

And by the way, it's perfectly normal for a young woman to pack on a few extra pounds around the time that puberty hits. You may actually grow out of it as your body settles into adult-hood. Just be happy with who you are.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy