Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why are americans fat? What do they eat for their meals? Burgers and burgers??
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I saw an old episode of Oprah and she said more than half of the american population are overweight.
Additional Details

Am i FAT??
i am 13 (14 in two months) 5'4 and 105 pounds in the morning

am i fat?

please help because i always feel disgusting and i dont know what to ...

How the hell do I gain some weight?
Im 5'3 106 pounds,I eat bugers,pizza,bacon,every unhealthy food I could think of.When I eat,I go to sleep and is it any way I could slow down my metabolism....

Can any body suggest me 5 easy steps to lose weight?
My weight at present is 89 kgs .i'quickly want to lose weight before my on campus placement commences. I'm final year student of pharmaceutical sciences....

Do you get less hungry a few days after fasting?
i'm beginning to fast friday and i would like to know if during school hours next monday (i have this week off) if my stomach is going to growl during class?

*PPLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ME...

I want to loose weight i am 5"2 and 189 lbs i don't eat alot of junk but i drink soda if i cut out the soda
would i drop most of my weight?And also what is the best tasting diet soda?...

Am i fat.........................
My sister always says Im fat when she's mad and want to yell at me.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches. I weigh 101 lbs. My sister always i mean always calls me fat, and i think she is seriuos. ...

Should i become anorexic just till i like my body?
im 14 and fat no joke.im not one of those girls who freak out over 1 or 5 pounds im literally fat at the verge of hitting 300 pounds!!!!!i know that anorexia is bad and so is bulimia but im so sick ...

Which is better for me?
Should I make a corn dog or an ice cream cone?...

Does drinking too much Diet coke make you fat?
Although diet coke or coke Zero have no calories I read somewhere that the chemicals in the drinks can slow weight loss and actually cause you to retain weight? Please clear this up for me??...

Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight?
Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight in a short period of time? What can i do and how much weight could i lose in three months? ...

I am exercising 5 days a week for 1 hr to 2 hrs but not loosing weight, after 3 or 4 months!!?
It is so frustrating because I go from no exercise to exercising and feel like I have gained. I started doing 60 minutes cardio, but they said that wasn't good, so I went down to 45 minute ...

Losing som belly fat :)?
what type of work out should i do to lose belly fat im already eating healthy but i need to ...

Help :-( im TOO skinny!!!?
i am 12 years old and have a bad problem
i am REALLY skinny! but i mean really. im not anorexic but i look it. all my friends are atleast 80 -100 and im 75!!!! my waist line is only 23 in! :...

Im 5'8 and weight 110 and Im 18?
I still feel fat. I have been struggling with weight since I was 13. i have been doing better lately-than a few yrs ago when i was in the 80's lbs. help me feel good about my self whats wrong?...

I am 20 years old, two foot six, and weigh fifty billion pounds. Am I overweight?

What can a 24 year old girl do that is fun that DOESNT'T involve drinking, eating, or spending money?
I don't want to eat because I am on a diet.
I don't want to spend money because I am in college.
I don't want to drink because it is just not good for you!

What ...

What age do you consider to be old?

How do I lose weight without exercising?

Am i a fattYYYYYY?
im 5''1
110 pounds.

tell me tell me
u can be cruel so i lose weight cuz i feel liek a ...

♥Beg my broken heart 2 beatt♥
Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details
No dressing.

Ellesar
Rating
It is healthy, but it won't fill you up for long.

I hope you aren't on low carb - you will feel SO hungry!

Aidan S
Rating
ok if you want a salad go with somthing like this. Grilled skinless chicken, spinach, lettauce or whatever leafy greens you like maybe some baby carrots or some almonds if you want some crunch. If you want dressing go with a vinigrette just nothing really creamy like thousand island or somthing

Spencer
Sounds good for a person on a diet. Just don't put too much chicken on it. But yes that's ok.

Brezzy
Rating
All of them are acceptably diet food. You can surly eat both.

david g
a little fiber to hold it togather.

lord.hackney
you need some carbs in there. Brown rice or potato.

swim4potato
that sounds good. well you need a fruit in there. I think that you should have the salad and chicken *def. skinned* and water, and a banana or and orange or an apple.

Stephanie
Rating
depends on your dressing (how much and how fatty/caloric it is). some salad dressing is worse than eating a cheeseburger!

Afrodyta
Rating
No, thats fine.. Chcken and mixed salad is totally fine. Chicken breast meat is healthy but does not make you put on waight so enjoy. Do not use too much sauces with it.

Danielle
Rating
How big is the piece of chicken? :) Taht sounds fine - so long as you put nothing else on it

J S
Rating
Thats very healthy, adding salad dressing can change it a lot though, if you do add some go for low fat salad dressings, or like a vinegar or light oil dressing.

LB The Definition of Lovley
Sounds great with a nice big bottle of water.
Also, for your salads, avoid using only iceberg lettuce, it's all water and doesn't have the nutrients you'd want from your salads. Spinach is good, along with Romaine and mixed greens.

simply_me
Rating
that sounds ok

ES
oooooh, sounds good. Also, go to foodnetwork.com to get ideas of healthy meals.

soccerjumper
sounds good =]

bubblesRfun
sounds fine to me

pumpkin10311968
Rating
if thats what sounds good to you then eat it you may want to weigh out the calories and carbs and everything and then rethink what you want

just ME
very healthy but is there any salad dressing make sure it's low cal.

Im ok now
Sounds like what I am having. Mix the spinach in, the dark greens are good for you.

ray ray
Rating
Both together are very healthy and you are getting protein in your diet which you would'nt if you just ate the salad alone

Hello Kitty (=^-^=)
Spinach on the side? Why don't you mix it in too? Anyway this a great Lunch if you are watching your diet. Oh have some water with that OK:)

Mountain Ash
All depends on the portions, but it doesn't sound too bad.

jackie_jabar
Sounds like a very good and healthy lunch. You do need to have at least 4 ozs of the chicken. You could also use a low calorie dressing if you are watching your weight.

rhamm618@verizon.net
Rating
First, I use Italian Dressing ... it has " No Fat" period, no sodium, no colesterol. So in today's world there is no real benefit in having " No Dressing" so I'd say consider this.
I would not necessarily say that chicken is healthy simply because it has no skin. Granted it is unhealthy completely to consume the skin, but look to the cooking process for the chicken to decide if that is healthy - and in what size.
I'd say boil or broil the chicken to reduce Sat & Trans fat. If you need oil to do this use very little and it should be Canola Oil or Olive Oil.
I would further measure out my portions on everything here.
1 cup of salad
1 Tablespoon size piece of boiled skinless chicken
2 Tablespoons Fat Free Italian Dressing ( this is one serving)
1 cup of Spinach ( on the side) [ with 1 teaspoon of Margarine if desired ]

I'd drink a full 8 oz glass of water before I eat, and a second one as I eat.
We need about 6 8oz glasses of water daily.
Remember also:
it takes about 3500 calories to make one pound.
Try to keep your daily sodium below 2000 mgs

mpandy
Rating
thats pretty healthy if you ask me

Sexy Tee
Yes it is very good for you and it also sounds tasty…good luck with the diet

~Devon's Mommy~
That sounds good =)You can eat them both as long as it's not in a big portion. Salad,chicken,and spinach are all very healthy foods.

Amanda S
Rating
Good! The chicken will give you protein and the spinach will give you LOADS of vitamins. Low fat dressing would also be okay. I like the salad spritzers.

grateful
Rating
use the baby spinach leaves and mix it with something healthy
advacados are good, onions too maybe, and yes, chicken would also be good
I also like to chop up some onions and maybe a bit of cheese, and remember to watch out for too much calories and fat in the salad dressing

mikeyyyyyyy
Rating
That's very healthy, but you should try introducing some grain into it. And if you're not having salad dressing or having very Light dressing, then it's healthy.

Mo
that actually sounds great for a diet since you are getting most of the food groups and it tastes good. I think its a great way to diet so your doing a fine job :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy