Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why do people keep spelling 'lose' as 'loose'?
I know its not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me. It is spelt with 1 'o', not 2
Additional Details
I don't ...

How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?...

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

I wish to stop smoking pot but will i get fat if a do?
as smoking pot speeds up your matabalisom I am coNcernd if i stop smoking pot and eat the same 3 meals a day as i do allready will i get fat as my matabalisom will be much slower
Additional D...

Is it bad to weigh 89 pounds and be i the 8th grade?

Additional Details
im bout 5'1...

Why are americans fat? What do they eat for their meals? Burgers and burgers??
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I saw an old episode of Oprah and she said more than half of the american population are overweight.
Additional Details

Am i FAT??
i am 13 (14 in two months) 5'4 and 105 pounds in the morning

am i fat?

please help because i always feel disgusting and i dont know what to ...

How the hell do I gain some weight?
Im 5'3 106 pounds,I eat bugers,pizza,bacon,every unhealthy food I could think of.When I eat,I go to sleep and is it any way I could slow down my metabolism....

Can any body suggest me 5 easy steps to lose weight?
My weight at present is 89 kgs .i'quickly want to lose weight before my on campus placement commences. I'm final year student of pharmaceutical sciences....

Do you get less hungry a few days after fasting?
i'm beginning to fast friday and i would like to know if during school hours next monday (i have this week off) if my stomach is going to growl during class?

*PPLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ME...

I want to loose weight i am 5"2 and 189 lbs i don't eat alot of junk but i drink soda if i cut out the soda
would i drop most of my weight?And also what is the best tasting diet soda?...

Am i fat.........................
My sister always says Im fat when she's mad and want to yell at me.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches. I weigh 101 lbs. My sister always i mean always calls me fat, and i think she is seriuos. ...

YaHoO!
Can i get a four pack if i do 400 crunches a day?
like if i do 200 in the morning then do 200 at night could i get a four pack and if so when would i see results
thanks

imabeasto_o
Rating
Workouts are not the only things that will help you get defined. You also need to watch your diet, intaking less calories than you burn, therefore losing fat. You should also change up your workout doing whatever works for you the best. Make sure to eat healthy and watch what you eat. Hope this helped :)

♥shayna
Rating
forget about the 4 pack howabout a 7 pack with 1 missing!

Dr. Gonzo
yeah, if you eat right

Happy- Go
yes

*jENNA*
Rating
thats a lot of crunches. if you do wanna get a 4pack i would suggest eating healthy and starting out at maybe 100 in the morning and 100 at night and then as they get easier over time, you could increase the amount, that way you dont hurt yourself. good luck.

not what you expected
dont be mad when you dont have a four pac

Rachelâ„¢
Rating
crunches dont really work your lower abs...

TLB
Rating
It is not genetically possible for everyone to have "cut" abdominal muscles. There are some incredibly fit people who do crunches all the time, eat well, and yet never see the look you're going for.

It is not dependent just upon the work you do - - it's also genetics and age.

Theels
good luck

farid s
Rating
watch this video it gave me a 4 pack (stil lworking on it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fU_8kJeXeE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOri5Tlm23c&feature=related

Enchilada
Rating
let us know the answer to this question in a year

APryangrant2528
No you can't use this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fU_8kJeXeE

AutumnRose
Rating
No.
It takes a long time to get a 4 pack, it's not within a few days so remember not to give up even if youre not seeing results.

First off, exercising alone won't help you out.
You need to eat light and healthy and lose weight if you have extra fat.

Then you need to do plenty of exercising for at least an hour a day.
Make sure you do both cardio and strength training.
Crunches wont really get you anywhere.
I'd recommend getting a few abs fitness DVD's- theyre intense and theyre incredible.

If you do this, then you should see great results within a couple of months.

jupdy
Rating
yah......... but lets be reasonable, start out lower like 20 the first day (you'll be VERY sore the next day) then every day do 10 more than the prevous day

Acid09
I think that unless you're otherwise over weight or eat poorly 400 crunches would most deffinately do the trick. You might even get away with just 200. But if you're willing to try it and can stick to it, might as well do 400.

Shawn W.
it wouldnt be instant but probly within 2-3 weeks depending how fat you are.

Patrick P
Rating
getting abs is not about doing crunches its about loosing fat. We all have abs but most people have belly fat covering them. You need to loose the fat not gain muscle. Also if you want to gain more muscle low intensity training (if you can do more then 30 in a row of whatever kind of exercise its low intensity) won't help. You need to do different ab exercises or hold weights while doing crucnches. To loose the fat the best thing is high intensity running, biking, skipping rope or whatever you will stick to. But the best exercise of all for loosing weight is sprinting up hills for short periods of time like 30 seconds alternating with low intensity jogging downhill back to sprinting for a few reps.

And above all you must eat well. Eat lean protein like chicken and fish. No processed foods, and keep the sugar out of the diet. Sugar itself doesn't make you fat, but your body will use it for energy intead of your fat. So if you get the sugar out you'll be helping your fat burning process.

One more thing. When you excersise try to exercise the large muscle groups in your body because they burn the most fat, even when you sleep. Exercise muscle groups like your back, chest, and thigh muscles.

Good luck .... and remeber eating is a huge part of weight lose get rid of the junk food in your house

sadriel
Maybe maybe not....

If your problem is just that you need to tone your stomache, then it will work.

If your problem is that your already tone, and just have a layer of fat on ur tummy so you cant see the muscles then it really doesnt matter how many crunches you do, your not going to see the muscles when theyre covered up.

diet, cardio, and strength train together and then you will get ur four pack.

jumpy
No and yes, at least not right away, anyway. If getting 4 pack or so abs were that easy, of course everybody would be doing it. Getting great-looking, proportionally 4-pack abs takes a lot of systematic hard-work. There are no short-cuts to working out. You can't just go out and get one of those helper ab devices,like the ab roller, glide, total gym,etc and do 400 crunches a day and expect quick results, although with the proper form, technique, and patience, those devices can help make your workout more efficient. Besides, your ab muscles would be so sore after doing 400 ab crunches ( as you say) each day. Even bodybuilders take a lot of time to work up to 1000's of traditional crunches and sit-ups . In my opinion, having work out for many years, my best and favorite ab work out exercise routines is still using old-fashioned ab work-out routines. ( I start with the Leg Raises with Abduction, from web link 1 listed below)

The following is my personal ab work-out routine. You own ab workout will be different than mine, so pls do not take my workout routine as the only workout.

Start with the basics such as 2 reps of 10 ground sit-ups with 10 sec rest in between , 2 days in a row taking a break on the 3rd day. repeat this for 2 weeks. Then increase to 3 reps,then 4 reps,etc. But start with so-called lying leg raises (website link 1 below) exercises using these rep cycles. By the 2nd week, add in the sit-ups, crunches,cross-crunches,etc. By the 4th week, your abs should be ready for hanging -leg raises on a pull-up bar.

A rule of thumb is to 1st exhaust you upper ab (with lying leg raises , then you lower ab (sit-ups, curnches)., concentrate on slow rhythmic breathing, and rest 10 sec in between each of your circuit ab workout.

By the 5th or 6th week, for more challegning workout, your ab is ready for adding ankle weights (2 to 5lbs each) to your routine.

By the 4th or 5th month, you should be able to do 200 or more sit-ups easily.

Good luck, have fun, and work out smart and safe.

(As always, I suggest consulting with a doctor 1st or get a 2nd opinion from a certified personal trainer before starting any of the ab workouts as described; I cannot be held responsible for anything that happens from the ab workout. thank you)

new_mom
Rating
that is actually a great plan, with diet, and like running or something you should be physcially fit in about a month.

мâ—?αâ—?Ñ?â—?ιâ—?Ñ”â—?â„“â—?у
Yup You can It Will Work

yeah
you have to lose body fat... even if you do a thousand crunches a day it won't show if your abs are covered by a layer of fat.

read this article

I know, I know. Everyone wants to know what's the fastest way to get a six pack. Being a personal trainer for more than five years. The question I'm being asked the most is, "What's the fastest way to get a six pack?" Well, the "secret" is out. Listen carefully, kids. If you follow my plan, you will see improvements in your abdominal area in about 3 to 4 weeks, depending on your current body shape of course.

STEP 1-- Change your diet. Diet is the number one factor in deciding whether your abs show or if they are still hiding under layers of fat even though you're doing hundreds of sit-ups everyday. Try to eat 5 to 6 small meals per day. Your average meal should consist of some lean protein. Protein is an essential part to your diet that helps you to lose fat and build long, lean muscles. And it gives your power when you're doing your resistance training. Also eat plenty of "healthy fats" like olive oil and nuts. These oils keep you fuller for longer as well as helping your lose your abdominal fat. Avoid refined sugar and simple carbs, which have not much nutritional value except empty calories. Opt for whole grain everything-pasta, rice, bread.

STEP 2-- Do your cardio! Cardio workouts like swimming, running and basketball help to burn off calories as well as raise your overall metabolism. Many people might not know this, but raising your metabolism is what matters! That is how you lose your layer of fat sitting on top of your already shaped abs muscles. Do 45 mins of cardio 2 to 3 times a week.

STEP 3-- Abs workout. You don't need to do hundreds of repetitions for your abs exercise to be effective. On the contrary, if you are doing more than 30 of each set of reps, chances are these exercises might be too easy for you. Try to do your normal abs exercises on an exercise ball. The unstable surface makes your whole body work harder to maintain balance and in turn increase the resistance.

Dave87gn
Rating
not without dieting

fairmesm
Rating
You might have one now...you mean a 6 pack? But if you have body fat on your abdomen you won't be able to see definition. Do a lot of cardio to burn fat on top of your toning, and they you will be able to see your muscles.

♥ C a l i f o r n i a ♥ Cutie ~*
no, you'd just tire yourself completely out!!!!

carlyy. :]
you have to be freakin kidding me.

Gary D
Rating
If you change your diet, and got rid of all excess fat, possibly.

And it's a six pack, unless you are a mutant freak.

CaliBayBay
Rating
haha if only it were tht easy!

najj man
Rating
You need variation

:O
Rating
Girls don't look good with 4 packs.. Maybe a 2 pack but not 4 pack haha

I doubt you'll do 400 crunchs anyways, if you do, doubt you'll do them properly.

rsimon22
ya you could get a six pack after a while and i guess you'd START seeing results in about a week or less.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, March 24, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy