Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Do you get less hungry a few days after fasting?
i'm beginning to fast friday and i would like to know if during school hours next monday (i have this week off) if my stomach is going to growl during class?

*PPLEASE DO NOT LECTURE ME...

I want to loose weight i am 5"2 and 189 lbs i don't eat alot of junk but i drink soda if i cut out the soda
would i drop most of my weight?And also what is the best tasting diet soda?...

Am i fat.........................
My sister always says Im fat when she's mad and want to yell at me.

I'm 5 feet 3 inches. I weigh 101 lbs. My sister always i mean always calls me fat, and i think she is seriuos. ...

Should i become anorexic just till i like my body?
im 14 and fat no joke.im not one of those girls who freak out over 1 or 5 pounds im literally fat at the verge of hitting 300 pounds!!!!!i know that anorexia is bad and so is bulimia but im so sick ...

Which is better for me?
Should I make a corn dog or an ice cream cone?...

Does drinking too much Diet coke make you fat?
Although diet coke or coke Zero have no calories I read somewhere that the chemicals in the drinks can slow weight loss and actually cause you to retain weight? Please clear this up for me??...

Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight?
Whats the fastiest way to lose alot of weight in a short period of time? What can i do and how much weight could i lose in three months? ...

I am exercising 5 days a week for 1 hr to 2 hrs but not loosing weight, after 3 or 4 months!!?
It is so frustrating because I go from no exercise to exercising and feel like I have gained. I started doing 60 minutes cardio, but they said that wasn't good, so I went down to 45 minute ...

Losing som belly fat :)?
what type of work out should i do to lose belly fat im already eating healthy but i need to ...

Help :-( im TOO skinny!!!?
i am 12 years old and have a bad problem
i am REALLY skinny! but i mean really. im not anorexic but i look it. all my friends are atleast 80 -100 and im 75!!!! my waist line is only 23 in! :...

Im 5'8 and weight 110 and Im 18?
I still feel fat. I have been struggling with weight since I was 13. i have been doing better lately-than a few yrs ago when i was in the 80's lbs. help me feel good about my self whats wrong?...

I am 20 years old, two foot six, and weigh fifty billion pounds. Am I overweight?

What can a 24 year old girl do that is fun that DOESNT'T involve drinking, eating, or spending money?
I don't want to eat because I am on a diet.
I don't want to spend money because I am in college.
I don't want to drink because it is just not good for you!

What ...

What age do you consider to be old?

How do I lose weight without exercising?

Am i a fattYYYYYY?
im 5''1
110 pounds.

tell me tell me
u can be cruel so i lose weight cuz i feel liek a ...

Help me i want to loose weight!!! do guys hate chubby/fat girls?
I am sooo depressed this summer has been really boring because all i have done is sit around at home!! I live about 10 miles away from all of my friends in a smaller town both my parents work and I�...

Why is it that smoking makes you lost weight?
why?
thanks.
is it physical cause it speeds up your metabolism or just sorta mental coz you smoke out of boredom instead of eating out of boredom....

What is your favorite exercise and why?
And your favorite exercise machine? What results have you gotten, and why? What machine do you recommend for weight loss? Thanks!...

Is 108 overweight for someone 5"1?

Additional Details
well for a long time i was bilemic and was told to gain weight now i want to lose it ...

Penny M
Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe if I get to a 12-14 that would be great. I've tried Atkins but I can't stop eating bread, toast is my evil enemy!!! come on guys, I need some help here! My brother is getting married in October and even if I've lost a bit by then it would be AMAZING!

Your No1
Rating
slimming world- u can eat loadssss, dont even have to exercise

check out their website

samantha
For me, I needed that proverbial "extra help" and used THINS. It's a natural appetite suppressant derived from food (no stimulants, etc.) in wafer form. If you e-mail Support@PreventionProof.com, they'll send you a nice information sheet.

PS: Another secret I've recently learned is to go to bed hungry

Karen B
I lost 15 pounds by eating less carbs... and less junk. You also need to exercise. I use a treadmill.

zianlon
Rating
Every body is different so what works for one person may not have the same effect on you. You said that bread is your worst food product so that means you really need to stay away from any thing in that food group like milk,hard or soft shells,chips.cereal.
In fact I think you would do great by replacing those foods with fat burning foods such as Grapefruit etc. You seem to be doing good so don't be to hard on your self. Always remember to have fun do things you in joy.

Camilla the First
Rating
First of all congratulations with what you have done. I go up and down in weight according to how happy I am. I don't comfort eat if I am happy. Atkins is only for short periods and you don't want the howling breath that goes with it or the huge head and skinny body and its NOT GOOD FOR YOU. I love bread and starches, just try and eat brown bread and oatcakes, yogurts etc. between meals. A tip I was given was to eat 5 small meals and of course don't underestimate the power of WATER it fills you up. Try some crackers, melba toast, dutch toast, crispbreads and low fat spreads, cheese, tomatoes. Fruit is a good in between idea.
I have about a stone to go and then I will be happy. My problem is if I put on weight, I get a wobbly belly!! I shoud exercise more and so should you. Why don't you make up your mind to wow them at your brother's wedding and wear something stunning to show off your new figure. There is no secret, less down the gob and exercise - you know this yourself as you have down so well.
Just think of the high you will get when you reach a 12 and don't ever listen to anybody telling you you are ok as you are - NO YOU ARE NOT fat is not healthy and looks shite.

GOOD LUCK xx Let us know when you succeed

onlyme
Rating
Well done to you on your weight loss already,i wouldn`t recommend any diet cos i dont think they work long term,i have just started eating more healthily and getting more exercise(dvd),and i have lost over half a stone in 6 weeks.

I always have my 3 meals a day now and eat more home cooked food that way i know exactly what i`m eating,drink lots of water especislly when you feel hungry as your body can mistake dehydration for hunger apparently and if you still feel hungry about 10 mins later then have a healthy snack like a piece of fruit or celery sticks,carrots etc.I dont eat after 8:30pm.Allow yourself the odd treat as i think the more you deprive yourself the more you crave it and finally end up eating like mad.

redwood1775
Rating
read this site...

confused
Rating
crystal meth - but since it isn't legal and can be harmful, just try to cut back on your calorie/fat intake, drink at least 6, 8 oz glasses of water, and get 30 minutes of cardio workout 3 - 5 times per week.

to know how many calories and fat are right for you while you are dieting you can go to: the calorie needs site listed below and calculate you BMI (body mass index) by entering your heart.

monalisa
eat healthy and exercise daily, you might want to join weight watchers

passion_fruitx
Rating
Sorry to say it but you need to either cut out the white bread, or substitute it for brown, wholemeal or granary. That is the first thing, the atkins diet is great for rapid weight loss, but it works in an unnatural way ie straving your body of carbs. This is ok temporarily, but long term it can cause serious illness. I think the best way to loose the weight is to change your diet ie low fat alternatives where possible, Lean red meat 3 times a week, fish and/or chicken at least 4 times a week with fresh fruit and vegetables, also plenty of water. Introduce some light exercise to start and gradually build up. Fitness DVDs are excellent for home exercise and cheap to. Hope this helps.

anjui63
atkins is a very bad diet, it will send you in a cycle, if you start atkins and stop it fast, you will gain all the weight back plus, if you dont take in the carbs your body needs, you will loose energy which wil make you less likely to want to work out. Carbs are also healthy for your brain, and they are thinking fats.

Try to stay away from premade food, like tvdinners, or canned pastas, eat whole grain breads, instead of white bread, eat whole grain cereals instead of sugar based cereals.

Stay away from soda, or carbinated beverages, drink green tea, or the new Pepsi Vanilla cherry or strawberry creme because it contains less sodium (sodium makes you gain water), and no sugar, not even a subsitute. but only if you must drink soda.

Water intake is essential to flushing out your system, i suggest green tea, becuase it's a natural antoxitant.

Try to stay away from things like BBQ sauce, or other dressings.
Use lite salad dressings, for salads, dont use bacon bits! and stay away from eggs....

Stay away from icecream and other dairy products, i'm not saying you cant eat a cold treat, eat frozen yogurt, or 1/2 the fat icecream. icecream gives you instant fat or weight gain.

Other than that, lower your intake or serving sizes, just a little, eat a big breakfast, medium lunch, and a light dinner.
(avoid corn + premade baked beans, and eat more greens)
Eat less pasta, unless it's wholegrain. its not the carb diet, but alot of Pastas for dinner is not good, because it sits in your tummy overnight! pasta is okay for lunch.

Do some walking, or sit ups, or light excersises, add a little more and more to your work out, dont get extreme, just light, you'll feel iand see a huge differance, within 4 weeks.

Dont do diet pills, if you want to do a shake subsitute, like Slimfast, use it only for 2 meals a day, it will give you diareia.

HoneyBabe<3
i went to a nutritionist/dietician appointment yesterday and the doctor said there is no such thing as a "bad" or "good" food for you. she said you can eat watevr you want just to watch your portions and eat a variety of foods. and excersise. just eat servings of fruits and veggies and EXCERCISE. hope that hepled! :]

Scott W
Hi, take a look at the website and look at the wonderful testimonials and with all that you get a personal weight loss coach to help you achieve your desire weight loss goals!! at no extra cost, great products, taste great, helps with energy, weight loss and burning of that fat which you need help with your metabolism and this is a very healthy way. 2 shakes a day for meal replacement plus a colorful meal and you get all of your nutrients, vitamins, daily intake of calories and protein that you need. Look forward to helping you achieve your goals in a very timely fashion for your brother's wedding.

p0mmeblanche
Rating
Eat a healthy diet full of fresh foods and try to cut out processed foods. Go for wholegrain rather than white pasta, rice etc so that you are eating good carbs rather than bad. Half of your meal should be fresh vegetables/salad, while a quarter should be protein and a quarter unprocessed carbs. As far as bread goes, try some of the darker breads - wholemeal with seeds. By doing the above I lost half a stone in about three weeks.

Then make sure you get plenty of exercise - my fiancé lost a stone in 6 weeks by exercise alone, but it does seem to be easier for men!

Have a look at http://www.dietfreedom.co.uk/ - it's a website aimed at weight loss through a balanced, healthy and filling diet rather than something unsustainable like Atkins.

mairi_79@btinternet.com
Eat a healthy balanced diet. Do not go in for dieting as such. Starving yourself will just make you feel the need to eat more and you may give in.
Choose lower fat options and eat less snacks. Most importantly drink lots of water especially when you feel the need to snack.
Also just as important as a healthy diet you need to introduce more exercise into your routine gradually. Try getting off the bus a stop or two early or taking the stairs instead of the lift, or if you drive park further away from work. Go out for a walk in your lunch break etc.

Other things to try:

Slimfast shakes are good for breakfast and they fit in fine with a balanced diet, they taste nice and have plenty nutrients.

Go to the Gym or get an exercise DVD. I have Billy Blanks Tae Bo it is excellent.

If you have a PlayStation 2 try buying eye toy kinetic, it is great fun and helps you get more active.

Also you could try the BBC big challenge (link below) you fill in a questionnaire and they give you a six week plan with challenges,it is very good, loads of tips.

sheila
Rating
The quickest and safest way I know is Cambridge Diet Sole Source- used in hospitals, (eg Hope Hospital, Manchester, it is a very well researched balanced diet where the calorie intake is low but there is no muscle loss. Look it up on their website. I have used it and would recommend it.

pretty7
Rating
Hi
This simple plan might help so here goes,
If you are serious about losing weight, the calories in the food you eat should be less than the energy you use. You will have to increase your metabolic rate now, and plan your diet carefully.
Formulate your own weight loss plan and you will lose weight faster. More details available at http://tinyurl.com/m7ckx

Good luck

cleancutspike
Burn off more calories than you put in. That is the best way.

funnycaz72
Rating
you just have to change what you are doing , like try another way of exercise thats good for change

yums
Rating
read tips and articles on weight loss and exercise programs that will help you on this site

SofaKingBored23
Rating
ok this information that i will b giving u is very important because i use to weight 180 at the age of 11 n i wasnt very tall.... now im 17 at 5'7 n i weight 130 pounds...thats very healthy... now this is how i lost all that weight.... it will take u about 3 to 4 months but remmember if u put ur mind to it u can really do it... ok in the morning eat ONLY a bannana with half a cup of 2% milk between 8 n 12 o clock...it depends at wat time u wake up...in the afternoon between1 n 3 o clock eat a regular lunch... when i say regular i mean anything ur mom makes as long as its nothing fattening..eat a lunch that contains no oil or fried in it...its is best to eat meat during lunch time... do not eat hamburgers fries or n e thing from FAST FOOD PLACES... if u want something to go eat something healthy at SUBWAY... the best place to eat when on a diet n want to eat a quick LUNCH not DINNER..if u get hungrey later on between 3 to 7 eat a salad... do not eat after 7 because thats how u gain massive weight trust me.... if u get hungrey between meals eat FRUITS or VEGTABLES...thats it nothing else as snacks.... drink lots of water because water helps u lose the fat because u pee it out... i would say try to fit in 8 glasses of water A DAY....try to excersize... walk around the block every day or if u have stairs go up n down lyk 10 times a day...n e typ of excerisize is good even if it is small... when u first go on this diet u must b determined to do it.... NO SUGAR AT ALL..... when u eat sugar n the sugar reaches u body it turns into FAT....so no sugar lyk candy cookis.... I NO IT WILL B HARD BUT TRUST ME U WILL LOVE THE RESULTS... ok somethings that u most avoid but can eat are milk, bread..ect... what i mean is that when u drink milk get the 2 or 1 % milk NEVER THE WHOLE.... the whole is very fattening...the bread u can eat but NEVER EAT WHITE.... buy wheat....when ever u but a drink lyk orange juice or minite maid ALWAYZ go for the FAT FREE or LOW CARB.....another thing i will go into is the calories ... count ur calorie intake because that helped me when i was in or on a diet.... do not EXCEED more than 2,000 calories... if u go over board or 50 or 75 calories thats ok....but if u intake 2,000 calories a day for a month u will c a drastic change.... remmember 3,500 equal to a pound but if u are not on a diet u can only intake about 2,200 calories a day... but try to intake 2,000 for a diet... do not count the calorie intake of fruits or veggies on ly ur salad n drink and lunch meal... if u follow this u will have great results....remmember be DETERMINED...i would love for u to lose weight because i lost weight when i thought i couldnt... o 1 more thing... sleep for no more than 8 to 9 hours a day because if u exceed that u will gain major weight... sorry if i gave u too much info lol good luck n remmember it worked on me

dr_gonzo_1974
the best diet ive seen work is the atkins but uve tried thay,my sis in law woz size 20 she hit da atkins an it seemd like a couple of weeks she woz in a size 14 cud b worth another go but jus stay away from bread if u like a beer u can drink micholeb ultra,good luck

Jill
Rating
snack all day with small portions of low fat or low carb food (veggies are a huge plus) instead of eating 3 large meals, drink water all day and especially before you eat because it helps you fell fuller. EXERCISE is huge, you do not have to do a full routine right away; start off doing little things like park further to walk more, never eat after 8 pm, and just generally watch what you consume. You will be surprised at how far the little things will get you. Food always in moderation. Good Luck and good for you to take the first step into respecting yourself enough to care.

Beep
go to beachbody.com. they've got great workout dvds such as turbo jam, slim in six, and the slim series!

Hydra
Rating
Exercise, change diet (less carbs), use diet pills

Vix
Well done for getting down instead of going up!! Sadly there really isn't any cheats for loosing weight, The best thing to do is eat healthier and exercise regularly. Changing fizzy juice to water, crisps to nuts and sweets to fruit will make a big change if that's where your cheating on. Once you do this for a week it will get easier and easier as you go along. If you do this with regular exercise your dress size should start moving down in no time. Good Luck!!

kaka
eat nothing and drink about 20litres of water or whatever

A_Soldiers_Wife
You body doesn't like the huge american portions... so when you eat. Keep what ever you are eatting down to 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup. and when you do that make sure that you don't eat again for about 2 hours... Also go walking for 30 min 3 times a week... my mom did this for 4 months before her gastic bypass surgery and lost 40 pounds.

Good luck and if you need any helpful words to keep going feel free to email me at any time.

Thomas V
Rating
Eat less food and exercise regularly

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy