Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

How many times a day do u eat?
i eat twice a day breakfast and dinner!...

confused person :/
Im really short.?
Ok so im really short.
14 years old and 5'0
does drinkimg milk work?
if it does
how many cups do i need to drink in a day?

Mary Jo W
i grew 6 inches after age 14

christinalovely86
Rating
No thats genetics. Drinking milk will make your bones strong though so when you're old and have osteoporosis you won't shrink as much. Try eating healthy - apropriate number of calories - and getting 9-12 hours of sleep. This is important!

Alice Cullen
That acatully above the legal hieght of a midget so your technically safe. Also, it has to do with genetics, there are certain websites hat can calculate your optimu hieght based or information you fill out. Milk helps build strong bones, it does help makre you grow but this is supposed to work when you are still a child....aka ages 4-12. however, i remeber my mtoher would make me drink 3 glasses of skim lik a day with every meal, one of hose large glasses too. Eating healthy nadvexcerisisng also helps oyur hieght believe it or not. So does posture and stretching. Some peopel thinki ts an urban legend, but hand on a bar nad dangling can also help your hieght. All in all, this may give oyu an added inch, but when you try for a long tim.e Girls usualyl stop growing at the age of 14-16. The average female height is 5'4, and you are classifed as petite, but ont so mcuh tht oyu needto wear children's clothes. Yo uwould be surpised to know may girls are oyur exact hieght. However to the baiscs, it has to do with genetics. Yove probably heard tihs, but learn to love yourself.

Jackie
When you get older, you will find that being short is cute, and you will love it. Trust me!

joe d
Rating
A short person's heart doesn't have to work as hard, so you may live longer, as long as your other body parts work fine.

BecauseForYou
yes, milk has calcium, and u need lots of calcium to grow taller
i'm not sure how many cups
but if u do exercises like jump ropes or anything has to do with jumping and stretching, that'll help

Ollie T
Rating
bbz im 14 and 5'8 or 9 yh i used to be like ur size wen i was 13 k all i did was eat healthy and like you said drink milk for healthy strong rapid growth of bone and try not to work out to much it may stunt your growth

dream
Rating
drinking milk doesn't work, it just makes your bones stronger. your only 14, you still have time to grow.

Joshua V
Well not REALLY but yeah your pretty short but don't worry you still got a few years of growing ahead of you

Kr@zY m3x!c@n
Rating
no your not that short your actually kinda of tall cuz i kno people who are da sameage n shorter but im turnig 14 n im 5'5 trust me youl feel like a monster if you were my hight so dont worry be happy 4 it

i LOVE monkeys
Rating
Actually stretch,milk,veggies you could try growth horomones but your're not that short and not finished growing to make yourself appear taller try wideleg geans with heals and they dont have to be tall tall just an inch or 2 :) and dont wear white try black or dark color and chunky stripes avoid busy prints :)

toucansam21
Man, you think you've got it bad. try 15 and 6'2. There are like no guys taller than me :[

Sun
Rating
its totally ok to be short but that doesnt answer your question. I guess it helps since i have like three cups a day and i am really tall ( i am only thirteen). i am like 5'5

roxii692
its all about your geneticswhich means then genes from your mum and dad. you probby wont grow any taller than them if you get to there hight.

Marco T
Rating
Well it can be genetics but 5 0 is not so tall but drinking milk can help prevent growth however it mostly stabilizes growth and builds the teeth and bones making them stronger and stronger! You should try searching some stuff on Google and keep in mind to have a steady healthy diet as well as good exercise and if you are working out at the moment don't over do it!

vykky
at 14 you're probably done growing being that you are a female. I'm only 5 ft and the only downsize is having to get all my jeans hemmed.

nikitamagic
Rating
absolutely not, coz i m 26 only 5"2, as long as your u know how to wear urself and dont be overwieghted, u are fine.

at your age, milk works, and the most important thing is getting enough sleep, coz people only grow the height when they lie down

XOXO<3
Rating
ok there is a height already set for you in your life it was in you before you were born milk will not help it might help with healthy bones but it wont make you any taller and whats so bad about being short in 16 and 5' who cares as long as you ok with it everyone will be

Marie M
It's not a bad thing to be short! lol! I'm 16 and am 5'1. I've found that guys really like shorties! Trust me! One day, you might like who you are! Just don't worry bout it! :)

yankee_babe1
I hate milk, never drink it and I'm 5' 10 and 1/2" Milk helps to grow STRONG HEALTHY bones, even if it doesn't help them grow long the calcium in it will help keep them strong.
You have at least 4 more years of growing... and never wish you were something you're not, love the body you have it's all you're going to get.

gumabearursa
Rating
don't sweat it some guys like little chicks. just don't be fat!

The Ross Man
Rating
i' 15 and i am 6'3

HarajukuCrime
Rating
its ok I have a friend whos ur height so dont worry

R.I.P Chloe. We love you!!
i dont know what to do but im 5 feet straight to and im 17...

XheartsX
Rating
well, u shouldnt rly care bout ur height, sure ud like to be taller, but thats how u r. if u dont get taller, its not a bad thing.

Shayla ☺
lol! I'm 13 and 4'11. Milk doesn't work...... trust me...... i tried. Milk makes your bones stronger since it is a great source of calcium...... but no it doesn't make you taller...(i wish)

Anamia
then youre just out of luck huh?

no. its genetics.

sry.

Jessie Q
its all to do with DNA

Bri_515
milk makes your bones strong- not long

it is all your genetics

The Goalkeeper
Well, you should drink a glass of milk every day regardless.

Milk strengthen bones, but doesn't do anything to help your height. I would worry about trying to grow taller. My girlfriend is 5'1" and is 18.

If any of your relatives, such as mom and dad, are shorter than most, then it might have been a genetic trait.

Short is cute.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy