Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

What the hell am I supposed to do????? SOS!!! please help ppl?
hey! I'm 17. I'm so sick and tired of the damn diet and all the exercise. I eat very little low calorie vegetarian food , do like 130 situps per day and someother work outs like leg ...

I'm so fat it kills me when i look in mirror.?
I am sooo incredibly fat. i try to work through these feelings by blocking them out but i cant block out the truth- you cant lie to yourself. The funny thing is my height and weight are normal but i ...

What are some good reasons to quit drinking soda?
I already decided I should quit drinking soda becouse it's not healthy, but it's hard to quit drinking it when it 's become a daily habit--I'm looking for some extra reasons to ...

If i go biking for an hour everyday will i lose weight?
even if i do eat a bit of junk ...

I need your honest opinion on my weight.?
i am 5'2" and 117 pounds. i am muscular on my legs and arms and sorta on my stomach. i try my best to get atleast 3 workouts every week, like dancing or riding my bike. i wear a size 5 in ...

Emily Rose
How can I stop eating junk food?
Whenever I'm hungry or bored I always seem to eat some type of junk food. I can't seem to stop myself, and it's making me fat. For exampIe, my uncle just came round with some chocolate and he tells me to try some, so I do, then I have some more, and some more and before I know it I'm feeling really ill and have probably gobbled an extra 300/400 calories. I excercise regularly (everyday if possible) but it's just the food that's letting me down. I don't want to go on any stupid meal plans or anything, I just want some ways on how to control what I eat.

rule brittania
Thats what i used to be like lol. Now if im bored I cut myself some apples up (different ones) and nibble on them. Try cutting some carrot up or celery or something like that what you really like so that when you get the munches you have them to hand.

Anxtroferukao
You need stronger will power. Try doing some meditations or other new-age outlet. Also there is hyrdoxi-cut which makes you not want to eat anything but i don't reccomend that route. E-mail me if you want some meditation tips.

Ranta
Rating
Keep yourself busy- if you aren't bored, you'll eat less. Alternatively, try to find heathier alternatives- when you eat celery, for example, you'll actually burn more calories than you gain. Hope that helps!

raerae
dont take it n ur house

Clairejr
Rating
this may seem weird but if you drink water... a lot of it... when you crave junk food then you get so filled up with water that the sight of having that food makes you sick

just a little tip

Lauril
Rating
throw it away and buy healthy snacks at the store. and resist the urge to keep eating more and more

Kaitlin M
Rating
u can still eat junk food but in moderation

Tori N
I have the same problem and I'm working on it. Junk food is an addiction. Sugar is a drug and that's why you can't stop eating it. Your body is craving it. I'm trying to eat healthy meals and think about feeding my body nutrious food and that seems to be working. I dunno I feel your pain girl. Just train yourself to have alot of self control. Good luck!

YA Sucks
Learn to say "no." And stop buying junk food. If it's not around the house, you won't eat it.

frisco415
look at yourself in the mirror without a shirt on.

Truth Seeker
Eat healthy food instead......problem solved !

WaTeЯ ♥♥ BeAvEr
Rating
Stop buying it

look at the calorie in-take on the lables

STOP EATING IT (smack urself when u notice ur eating it)

GOOFY94101
Rating
ok this is what you can do. ask your parents to buy some fruits and vegtables that you like and will eat. then when you gte hungary or just want to snack on something grag a carrot or an apple inted of " junk food".
hope this helps bye

ohhey, girl.
i have the same problem. theres nothing better than watching tv with a snack. what i'm in the process of learning to do is to occupy my time with other things than food. and you really need a motivation, i know this may seem stupid but its working for me: create an xanga site - and talk to other people involved in the same situation. those people are really supportive. search under blogrings "dieting healthy" and join some of them, and pick some random members to talk to. also, under blogrings type in "thinspiration", it really got me going and i hope it can have the same effect on you.

america's cutie pie
well...i had the same problem. what i started doing was eating alot of healthy stuff before any junk food entered the house. and when it did come i just said "no thanx maybe later". but after awhile i completely forgot about it!! i think u should try and work your way up to saying "no". start by "no thanx maybe later". it works!!

lys j
if you start craving something go and brush your teeth. the toothpaste will get rid of the crave. gum or mints help too. i like hard caramel. it's just something to keep your mouth busy and it still tastes good. i think my caramel candies are like 10 calories per candy. then i suggest you take up something like knitting, crocheting, sewing or something else that you need both hands to work. if you're concentrating on something like that when you're bored or watching tv you may not think about the food so much. and if you're using both hands then you can't be holding a bag of chips or anything like that.

Kelsey F
Buy foods that taste good, but are healthy. They are making tons of food lately that tastes great but has half the calories as the original type. For example, Goldfish crackers are now baked which has reduced the calories, but tastes exactly the same. Also, tell people (tell friends and family) that you are trying to watch you weight and would appreciate if they could try to remember not to always offer you fatty foods.

Dustin M
Rating
I find that when I go out of my way to eat healthy the cravings for junk sink further away. When you fuel your body properly, it won't "ask" for more.

Also, try to keep healthy snacks (like veggies!) near you, so you can munch on the healthy snacks instead.

pinkfire
well first ur not the only one that eat too much junk food and is scared of getting fat cuz i am the same way but i have a fast metabolism ... thank god

anyway i think u should be able to stop ur self when u see junk food and if u cant than u could imagine ur self eating all the junk food and becoming sooooooo obese (no offence) and then u will lay off the junk food for a while

What.the.*
I wished I knew. I just ate two brownies and am planning on buying a Cinnabon later tonight

RaBerT
Do what I do, when my mom or brother buys junk food, i throw it straight in the garbage, i dont care if they spent there own money on it! health is more important!

On Top Of Ol' Smokey
DO NOT EAT JUNK FOOD EAT WEIGHT WATCHER FOOD IT HELP YOU LOSS WEIGHT IT HELP ME I KNOW IT HELP YOU DRINK 8 GLASS WATER GOOD LUCK WITH IT.

NarutoUchiha
Rating
I think you should stop eating junk food. It may taste good but it's really bad for you. Try some new food that are tasty and healthy, like carrots with some dip. Also try vegetables and fruits and exercise daily but eat healthy stuff and throw out all the junk food. I'm not a doctor but I hope this helps.

briacass
Rating
try not to keep it in the house, if someone else picks up the groceries suggest healthier options.
That way you'll be more inclined to eat them if you want something to munch on. Cereal, fruits and veggies, yogurt these are all good health snack, also you can buiy the smaller packs of chips and such that are rationed into 100 or less calories, that way you can induge guilt free!
This may be one of the toughest things ever to do, but I wish you the best of luck.

jacob e
Rating
get rid of that dirt

Fall J
Eat something healthy and tasty!

SpLp
get rid of all the junk food in your house!

Jenna P
when you get a craving for somthing drink water or eat somthing a little less fatty.

JeXx
well when you eat it takes 20 minutes for your brain to stop the hormons that produce the feeling of hunger.

So maybe when you eat try chewing a lot and eat slowly you eat a lot less.

carloco2345
Rating
Tough question indeed. You have to do it gradually.
First, teach yourself to like healthy food. It's really easy - just make a decision to eat one meal of salad only every day. Make it nice for you and use not only vegetables (tomatos, lettuce, peppers, avocado, low fat feta cheese and a bit of olive oil on top). If you feel that you're not satisfied with the meal - try to add more vegetables next time - or eat it with two slices of whole grain bread.

Once you get to like eating a good salad, you will also like the feeling after eating that kind of meal - you don't feel tired after eating and it gives you energy to keep on working.

The second stage is to remove junk food from your diet. Like in stage one, do it gradually:
1. Stop eating white bread - it makes us stuffed and blocks the digestion system.
2. Stop eating fried food. It eventually blocks our veins and causes heart attacks.
3. Allow yourself to eat one little thing that you like a day. For example, a piece of chocolate. It helps when the reason for eating junk food is a compensation for something else. Don't let that happen.

To sum up, it's all in your head. Start thinking differently. Every time you watch those TV commercials that shows that greesy food think about how your body will look like after eating that. In the end of the day, feeling healthy is a much better feeling than feeling stuffed.

Good luck and take it easy :)

Skota_7
just tell someone to tell you to watch out what you eat.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy