Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

What 2 do when u r bored 2 death?
any suggestions of what to do when u r bored?...

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

What is preventing you from leading a happy life?

What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self ...

How can I get over a fear of dying?

What are you scared of?
eg. ...

How would you describe suicide in one word?

Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely ...

I'm really afraid to go to sleep?
I know it sounds really weird, but lately I've been afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid that I'll be sick in the middle of the night. I know it sounds irrational, but I'm ...

Depression.....?
What is the best thing to do to get rid of depression.. I'm on antidepressants but don't want to take them for the rest of my life ... And i'm single coz blokes don't understand/ ...

Can my boss keep ringing me while I'm off sick?
Help needed urgently!!! I'm off sick from work with a four week sicknote from the doctor for stress and depression. Caused in no small part by my boss who is a bully and a complete control ...

How would you rate your current mood on a scale of 1-10? 10 being extremely happy?

Additional Details
Someone asked about me...well, about a 6--I'm on this site procrastinating to avoid an incredibly messy house!...

I did it again. I don't know what to do. I am so ashamed.?
I hurt myself again. I don't know what to do. I just lost control of myself. After 7 months of being clean. This was not supposed to happen. Not now. I thought everything was cool again. But ...

Not Your Friend
Have you even been caught talking to yourself when you thought you were alone?

Additional Details
Oh come on, don't just answer with 'yes' - tell me.

thebigtombs
Rating
yes, I pretended I was on the phone using my blue-tooth head set. really I was debating how to tell someone they had a problem.

Luvy
Rating
Yeah, that's why I silently talk to myself now but the facial expressions are always there. I enjoy them conversations

dzerjb
Rating
Everybody does it at times & you feel really embarrassed. Pity really as by talking to yourself you know you're going to get an intelligent conversation with somebody who really understands you.

Best solution to overcome the embarrassment is to wear a mobile phone headset.

Ray
Rating
Are you talking about just today or in general?

prevails
Rating
i always talk to my self its the only way i can get any sense

JANET B
Rating
When I go to work I walk down the path and say goodbye and see you soon .....to......my house, the birds in the garden, the memory of my dog.......(.thats how it all started) My neighbour heard me and thought I had someone staying with me. A few days later she asked if everything was o.k. because she never saw who was staying with me..........hee.. hee!!

♥Kazz♥
Rating
All the time! I actually catch myself doing it - like driving my car to work Ill run through what I have to do talking outloud to myhself and even tell myself off out loud for talking to myself LOL - I thought it was a bit worrying for a while then realised that everyone does it.

chelsy1308
Rating
Not exactly so.Sometimes I speak aloud when I'm thinking ... very embarassing.. and sometimes I talk in my sleep

Mrs Chicagosgirl!!
im caught all the time, i just tell people that im stressed and they usually believe me.

linda c
Rating
It's good to talk... even if you're by yourself. I have full scale rows with people; I shout, swear and curse at them... and yet, they're not there. This morning I had a very heated argument with my Dad; I told him exactly what I thought of him and how his behaviour was unacceptable! I felt so much better afterwards because I'd got everything off my chest.Truth is, my Dad died a year ago... and I was sitting in the bath pointing my finger at the bath taps and going on and on and on...
I said to my neighbour (for real), "if you ever hear me ranting and raving, don't worry - I'm just talking to myself".
I think, if anyone does catch you talking to yourself, they'll just be glad that it was you and not them that got caught, I would recommend a little 'one-liner' that you could practise... something to say to whoever catches you! Something like, "Don't worry... I talk to myself quite often but I don't have hairs on the palms of my hands!"
I think everyone talks to themselves. Our thoughts move too quickly and talking aloud keeps a nice steady pace on things. I find it excellent therapy. Sometimes if I do have to argue with someone about something embarrassing or uncomfortable, I always know the right things to say (because I've already had the argument 10 times over by myself!)
If anyone tries to tell you that you're mad or bad because you talk to yourself... they are disrespecting you! You have every right!
If anyone tries to tell you that they never talk to themselves... don't trust them! They are either mad or bad.

zooba
yep

ToniLianne
Yeah i do it all the time. especially when im shoppin. my boyfriend always wonders off and leaves me while im still ranting about something. very embarassing

krissy_butterworth
Rating
Yes. A bunch of times. It's really embarrassing. I think everyone talks to themselves though, so it shouldn't be.

Anna
Rating
never. but i sometimes talk to myself trying to encourage me ..still.. it doesn't work.

danica
Sure- I was talking to myself just yesterday and my friend walked in on me. We both just started cracking up. I know i'm not crazy or anything, but i like to talk alot. So even if i am alone, sometimes i will just continue to ramble on about little things even though i know no one is listening. I don't really see what the big deal is; people think that if you talk to yourself than you are pyscho. I guess i wouldn't really consider it talking to myself as much as i would consider it talking- just to no one (in particular.)

***Wow, do people really get embarrassed over stuff like that? You all should really learn how to laugh at yourselves!***

kevin
Rating
yes all the time...

allgiggles1984
Rating
yup i did and do. im talking to a thing that cant talk like the door handle for ripping my sleeve off and i get caught. stuff like that. i knw, im not normal! :D

sparkletina
Yes, sometimes it's embarassing. I wear a bluetooth in my ear, now people don't know I'm talking to myself, they think I'm talking to some really strange person on the phone!

DON TEJU
Rating
SEVERAL TIMES........but most of the times,i am caught by myself.

fae
Rating
yeah loads of times.

Mr. Peachy®
Rarely, as I don't usually talk to myself (out loud). It's kinda funny when it does happen, though.

Blue robbin
Rating
Sometimes I'll be walking with someone, they change direction and I don't realise and I can talk to myself for full minutes :D. Isn't it full when people walk around with hands free kits and look insane too hardy har?!

♥SassyBlonde♥
Yes...quite embarrassing.

fairydust
Rating
Usually when I'm in a supermarket..... ("Right, i want butter..... milk...... oh and some eggs")...... When I miss the bus! Thats hilarious. I witter on to myself..... ("Blooming typical!He saw me running for it!)........Hehe!....... And probably almost everywhere..... I just haven't realised it yet. All of these scenarios have been watched by onlookers and they just smile at me knowing that deep down..... they do it too!!!! Hehe! ;-)

kitty n
To ghost of my exbf passed when we should meet after my gratuate

helen_birchall_uk
Rating
OMG it happens all the time.. to me anyway! I have a nasty habit of giving myself a running commentary on what im doing. Yep I know its worrying.

lanafitzsimons@btinternet.com
Rating
I was walking down the road one winter morning going for the bus it was near christmas and I started singing this song fron a film white christmas so I stared to hum the tune and skipped along with it, then in a great florish as I thought I was alone I spun around and landed on my *** right at my neighbours feet as I did'nt hear him behind me!!!!!

Ms. Kitty to the rescue!
Rating
I do it all the time. You should see me when I am shopping. I carry whole conversations with myself.

Sus
Rating
No...but I've been caught having full blown conversations with my cats. They have German accents which I find quite disturbing.

Ms. Roxie
No, but I have been caught singing into the wooden spoon I was cooking with by the window cleaner!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy