Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is there any1 else out there feeling depressed? and wants to kill themseves?
anything to make me feel better..............

What should i do when i get panic attacks?

What helped you to stop cutting yourself?

If you've ever been suicidal, what prevented you from doing it?

POLL: Do you stress out over little things in your life ???
Thank you....

BIG woman problems ahead for me. Advice urgenty sought ?
My g/f of six months belives i spent 8 years in the Parachute Regiment. I have even brought some second hand body armour for bedroom games and her nickname for me is " Serge"
Problem ...

My sister just stopped breathing. She isn't answering my questions.?
what should I do......

How do i cope with the death of my dad?
any ideas how im ment feel or is feeling numb normal
Additional Details
thank you for all your kind words it's going be hard 2 ...

I am 23 years old. I depend too much on my parents for everything. Am I normal?

Should you ever seek revenge on someone who has caused you suffering and/or pain? Why/Why not?

Weird question that ive always wondered
What time is it and what state do you live in,
I live in oregon and is 4:00 am ...

I only have four cigarettes left?
what am i suppose to do i wont have any money until tomorrow and four cigarettes wont last that long. im not tired so sleeping wont help. IM FREAKING OUT!!! what do i ...

Does any one wish they could delete unwanted information out of their heads?
I find I have far too good of a memory, I remember too much useless knowledge....

How can i improve my knoledge?

How can i get my 17 year old g/f to have a b00b job, i fear she is going saggy already and its not nice?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)!...

I can't control my temper, what can i do about it?
serouisly, i am really gonna end up killing someone one day and i can't stop arguing with my mam. everyday is hell for me! how can i stop being so stressed out? no nasty people please, i know i&#...

Suicide please help?
i am 21 old with Cerebral Palsy i can walk and do everything i just walk funny i have a felony for robbery when i was 18 for a coat that fall off during a fight and then a few months later lost a ...

How do you get ride of stress?

I'm getting ready to snort heroin for the first time. What can I expect?

What is your fear??
what are you most afraid of and why??

its ok dont be ascared!! xxx x x x x
Additional Details
well im arachnaphobic - fear ...

Marx
Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely justifiable.

Your life belongs to you and not anyone/anything else. If a person is suffering physically or mentally, with no chance of improvement it alone would justify the cause of suicide.

I don't understand why suicide is still heavily frowned upon especially here in the United States. I can imagine a strong religious element, but that doesnt concern me at all as I dont believe in God, Jesus, Afterlife, Holy Spirit, Holy Ghost, ect. So why cant suffering people just go to the pharmacy - pick up some cyanide in a pill, take it while in bed and die peacefully instead of having to huddle in some motel leaving a mess by blowing their brains out with a shotgun? I certainly would take that option of suicide if it arises.

This, again, is from an agnostic/humanist standpoint.

katy
people can do what they want and i dont care.

mak_nit_crimson
let say a baby about to be born,found out its cold out there.should the baby commit suicide cause its cold outside mommy's womb?

ツ Andrea*♥
Rating
Its a selfish thing to do to your family. If they have a Mantle or physical disability they should at-least try to have some type of therapy to try to help with they disability. And if that doesn't help i guess since its there life and they have the right to live life the way they would like. They could commit suicide but i still think its wrong and a selfish thing to do.

Dee Dee
Kudos on the 145 I.Q. that you have posted on your profile. Sorry everyone is giving you such a hard time about being a virgin at 37. Anyway, my daughters father poured a bottle of Drano Maximum Strength down his throat while under the influence of narcotics. That was 9 years ago, and my daughter is 10. She will NEVER know her father. I consider it a selfish act, and religion has nothing to do with my view.

Aussie Chick
Rating
I too am a humanist, and I do believe it's a person's choice to eliminate themselves from this world if they so desire. I highly support voluntary euthanasia for cancer sufferers etc.

However, I have a bit of an issue with suicide from the standpoint of being selfish. Sure take yourself out, but when you have others relying on you to be there in life, that's being selfish and taking the easy way out. I was 17 and on the way to my high school formal (prom) when my friend's father killed himself. He had a wife, the 17 yr old daughter getting ready for the prom, 10 year old son, and 2 year old daughter and no terminal disease, they lived in a nice area, the children went to private schools, he had a great job, a nice family. Maybe he had mental issues, but the effect on the remaining family was horrible to say the least.

For whatever reason he took himself out the the equation and left 3 kids without a father. To this day, they think they weren't good enough for him to live for. Very sad really. Apart from terminal cancer, I think all problems can be sorted out, so he was selfish and weak to commit suicide.

Fairy Princess Lady
Rating
Okay, you may agree with it, but just the thought of someone taking thier own lifr is scary. Of course it's looked down apon! Do you think it would be okay if we just let people kill themselves whenever they want without much question?
And, if I could just walk into a pharmacy and pick up cyanide, I would be dead bynow. So would my mom and youngest sister.

suicideblonde
Rating
i think it is up to the individual to decide whether they want to live or to die. but still, it is selfish to commit suicide because it has an effect on those left behind.

Wolf
From a human rights piont of view; we have a right to die; it is our life.

It would be foolish though, to not think about the effect your having doing so...
**you will effect your family
**you will lose the chance to improve your life and live longer
**you may fail commit suicide and be in tremedous pain with brain damage and god knows what if you fail
**It may be a very painful death

But then of course, only the suicide patient can determin whether it is worth the risk to take thier life.
Trouble is that many people who take thier lives are mentally ill and need serious help; where if such chemical imbalances in thier brain was removed, they would be able to live and have a normal life - but still I would not force them to stay alive but offer them help and counsiling.

Some people we can almost garrentee are going to die; such people live in hospices in tremendous pain; and yes euthanasia I feel is a good way out, whether it is murder or not.

carobygirl
Rating
I see your argument, but I think it only applies to those without minor children. When you have a child you give up the natural right to kill yourself until the kid turns 18.

angel_babyy_101
Rating
whats wrong wit suicide? suicide is bad because the fact that if u take your own life your going to go to hell, even if u dnt believe in god or wat not u still shouldnt want to take your life because even if u think that theres no one out there that care about u ..there is people who do care....u shouldnt let no get to u and if things in your life is getting to the point were u cant do nuthin about it then jus leave it alone...suicide is bad because if u take your life.....think about it u not gon be able to live the life u wanted to or u kno get the job u want have kids and all that good stuff, theres alot of great things in this world that u can do. taking your lifedont solve all your problems....even if u attempt to do and dnt succeed in doing it u might hurt your slef real bad and might be diabled and cant walk or talk jus because u wanted to attempt to kill yo self.....jus think about it.

Dictator Threb
I don't mind it as long as they think things through and aren't just an angsty teenager that has the idea that their life is awful, even though it's pretty damn nice.

craig_ponce
it hurts others and has alot to do with the ecoomy, if everyone started killing themselves, it wouldn't last long, it is also dishonorable.

word u
what the hell is wrong with you? whats wrong with suicide? now, its wrong because people that have those problems should at least try to fix them...like go and get some kind of help from a professional or a therapist or someone... no one should just kill themselves because killing yourself isnt doing anything good....its just hurting the people that care about them and those who love them. it should not even be thought of... its wrong and people should never have to think that killing themself is the right thing to do...its really not.

(are you thinking of doing it or something?)

Proud Mommy
Suicide hurts. I know that people who kill themselfs are hurting. my Aunt killed herself. I don't know how to put into words how much this hurt my Family and myself.

To know my Aunt who I Loved Very much was hurting so bad. and knowing I could do nothing to help her. I often think of her final hours. what was going through her mind? could I gave done something to help her? if only she would have talked to me. could I have gotten her help? these question will haunt me the rest of my life. ok ok I know i didn't answer your question. I'm sorry. Just this topic is very painful. I wish i knew all the answers. but I don't. Have a Good day. sorry I didn't answer the question

wolfgangmeyers
all very good pooints. i think u answer your own question though with the comment about religion. According to the church, we belong to God. I am very, very glad you have not fallen in with the sheep.

Wizzard2
When people are in a hopeless state, in paim with no cure; why deprive them of this peace. We are all mortal, but we shouldn't be forced to suffer

deltaxray7
Rating
Yes it is your body, and while Im VERY religous I'll keep this to your
wishes (non religous).

I once considered killing myself, and someone said to me.
"Don't you realize how selfish that would be?"

They were inferring the pain and suffering you would cause to OTHER people by your actions.....

shoeaholic
Rating
Wow...that's pretty heavy. Well since the age of 12 I was extremely depressed attempted suicide numerous times. But now I am loving life and soo glad that none of my attempts worked. You're (people) obviously in a lot of pain if they're wanting to take their own life. If I had actually succeeded in commiting suicide I would'nt ever have met the people I know today, done the things I've done, experienced love etc, and that's hard to think about. I can't even believe that I felt that way...I kept journals while I was going through my rough patch and reading what I was thinking/feeling back then is insane. It wasn't me and I also know a lot of other people who I never thought would get out of the mental/suicide state they were in for so long and now they're going on to become Dr's and Artisits. And how/when do you know when there's no chance of improvement? It takes time to re-program your brain and change the way you think. Wanting to commit suicide is sick. You are part of 2 people...the people that made you...your Mum and Dad. How are they gonna feel if you choose to kill yourself?? You've killed part of them too. So I think there's a lot wrong W/ suicide and this is coming from someone who's #1 priority was to acheive that goal!!

L M
Ok, my brother in law commited suicide 2 years ago. So what you are saying is it is ok for him to leave 4 children w/o a father and a wife with a husband?? My wife (his sister) weeps everynight almost over her big brother, my mother in law (his mother) also lives with us and cries on a regular basis?? Now about you, you are looking at suicide as "oh well kill yourself to feel better huh? Typical selfishness of a non-believer. Do you not realize the selfishness in suicide? Also do you not know that anyone who commits suicide it damned to hell for eternity??

Joni B
Rating
IT IS A PERMANENT SOLUTION TO A TEMPORARY PROBLEM.
THE QUESTION OF SUICIDE--IT IS NEVER THE ANSWER.

No one
Well - you don't believe in God? Jesus? Have you any brains at
all??? Yes there IS a God - the Lord God Almighty!
It is He who gives us free will - we make the decision, but in the
end He has the control. If you kill yourself you WILL go to HELL!
Unless you know Him as Lord and Saviour. You cannot play
God! He doesn't give us that right. If we choose to do something He doesn't approve of, we must suffer the consequences. He exits my friend. Don't tell people it's ok to
kill yourself - cause its not!

Dasher
Rating
Suicide is for the weak. There is NOTHING in this life that justifies taking your own life for. It is a total waste & so selfish words can't even describe. What about the person that has to find you dead, what about the people you leave behind & this is just to mention a couple of things. They will forever think it was their fault or that they could have done something to help you. & as for the person who has to find you, they may not ever recover from having to see something like that. There are SO MANY support groups & help lines & places to go if you need help or even just to talk. It is totally inexcusible.

annie - rainbow goddess
long term solution to a short term problem and the negative energy suicide puts out into the universe can hurt others in your world for a very long time.

D
Rating
Do you not see that you can only justify it when you put qualifications on it? You cannot justify it under any other conditions, therefore, the odds outweigh your argument.

ETxYellowRose
Rating
I have (had) a brother who committed suicide by hanging two years ago at the age of 48 and I will tell you what is wrong with it.

The extreme, heart wrenching, heart breaking pain that it causes to your family and friends.
My mother is a total basket case over this, who was once a totally sane, energetic, kind. loving woman. She is now a totally depressed, sad, crying, heart broken mother who does nothing but either sit in a chair all day, sleep, or cry.
My father who I never saw cry a day in my life........cries all the time now, has bad dreams, and is totally heart broken.
Me and my sister have had a very difficult time dealing with it.

Do you need any more reasons? Regardless whether or not you believe in God makes no damn difference to me........

The remainder of my family is REAL AND ALIVE.....you can see us, touch us, talk to us...........So you have to believe that we exist.

star_gazer
Rating
i have a problem with that concept

Jen
Rating
I suffer with a severe case of bipolar disorder. I almost killed myself earlier this week. This time last year, I was in a mental institution for attempting to kill myself. My psychiatrist increased my meds and now I can see the reasons for living. I'm sitting outside with my laptop now and I love to hear the crickets and owls. I love to feel the wind blowing. My dog is here beside me. He's old, but I love him. My husband and kids are in the house. I got to take my kids to a birthday party today. I will get to drink coffee with my husband in the morning. If I had been given a cyanide pill earlier this week, I wouldn't have any of this. There is no chance of improvement for my disorder. My doctor tells me that without my meds, it will only progress. But- I will always love life, even when I can't see that I do.

sgoldperson
You say why should they suffer. That is a good thought BUT your solution misses a point. If I could just go to teh drug store and pick up the pill then what is going to make me SEEK treatment?

rb_cubed
Maybe, just perhaps your class was only looking at the point from the viewpoint of the person committing the act of suicide. Was there any discussion regarding the point of view of those whom the suicide affected. Suicide is a very selfish act. Think about it from the other side.

Perfectionist
You do have a point. However, not every problem leads to suicide. You can always find a better answer. In today's society, there are so many people who are not physically or mentally handicaped, but they still commit suicide....for the WRONG reason. That's why those suicides effected our community and are frowned upon. Death is not your only option.

Beamer
i guess that people see it being wrong because it is like taking the easy way out. then people are sad and depressed because they think that they should have been able to help you with your problem. i feel like i understand why someone may commit suicide. i just think that most people just feel that it is morally wrong to commit suicide so that's why its wrong.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy