Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I cry everyday,, is this right?
I hurt myslf ...

I am taking medication for depression, and I am having thoughts of suicide?
I am 15 and I have been taking medication for depression. I don't want to but my parents are making me. I have been taking them since June of 2006. I take two a day. But I hear that these drugs ...

How many of u believe in---?
where there is love there is no respest and where there is respect there is no love---
please answer ...

Is there any1 else out there feeling depressed? and wants to kill themseves?
anything to make me feel better..............

What should i do when i get panic attacks?

What helped you to stop cutting yourself?

If you've ever been suicidal, what prevented you from doing it?

POLL: Do you stress out over little things in your life ???
Thank you....

BIG woman problems ahead for me. Advice urgenty sought ?
My g/f of six months belives i spent 8 years in the Parachute Regiment. I have even brought some second hand body armour for bedroom games and her nickname for me is " Serge"
Problem ...

My sister just stopped breathing. She isn't answering my questions.?
what should I do......

How do i cope with the death of my dad?
any ideas how im ment feel or is feeling numb normal
Additional Details
thank you for all your kind words it's going be hard 2 ...

I am 23 years old. I depend too much on my parents for everything. Am I normal?

Should you ever seek revenge on someone who has caused you suffering and/or pain? Why/Why not?

Weird question that ive always wondered
What time is it and what state do you live in,
I live in oregon and is 4:00 am ...

I only have four cigarettes left?
what am i suppose to do i wont have any money until tomorrow and four cigarettes wont last that long. im not tired so sleeping wont help. IM FREAKING OUT!!! what do i ...

Does any one wish they could delete unwanted information out of their heads?
I find I have far too good of a memory, I remember too much useless knowledge....

How can i improve my knoledge?

How can i get my 17 year old g/f to have a b00b job, i fear she is going saggy already and its not nice?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)!...

I can't control my temper, what can i do about it?
serouisly, i am really gonna end up killing someone one day and i can't stop arguing with my mam. everyday is hell for me! how can i stop being so stressed out? no nasty people please, i know i&#...

Suicide please help?
i am 21 old with Cerebral Palsy i can walk and do everything i just walk funny i have a felony for robbery when i was 18 for a coat that fall off during a fight and then a few months later lost a ...

Rangers Fan ♥ Chevelle
How can I get over a fear of dying?

tasiatime
Rating
don't think about it.just live for today.

Chanteuse_ar
Rating
I'd be more afraid of missing out on life while I was busy being afraid of dying. It's pointless to be afraid of what will eventually happen though I know that's easier said than done. Just concentrate on living well and fully. The rest will take care of itself.

Looked Down and I was Smoking
Just look at it like everyone else dies too so it cant be all that bad .If its really bothering you ask your dr. for some prozac .

Roberto
Everyone will die someday, it's a fact of nature. Just think about all the great things life can offer you and the things that you always wanted to do.

currie_gordon
Rating
you will when you die.
just accept no point in this fear it will happen

Motherload
You probally wont unless you realize that YOU WILL DIE.
You wont know when. Thats the fear. To overcome ones fear, one must face that fear. ever been to a funeral? or had a bad car accident?
Just know that if you live in fear of death, that fear will consume you untill you die.
Then youll be all like "oh is that it ?"

Nico
I used to have this fear also, but as you age you accept it more. I found my spirit, and soul. And found a truth that lies beyond the unknown. It is spiritual truth. I believe we are all recarnated, and come back, I just feel in my heart this is true. I believe in God. I don't think we are here to just live and die, there has to be more to it. You didn't know when you were born, so I don't think you will know, or at least it won't be a bad thing.

Bec
Rating
I've been told that you get "tired" when its time and you understand why you have to go when that time comes. We aren't meant to want or know why we die. It would distract us from the meaning of life.

montreal canadiens #1 fan
Rating
brlieve in god and go to church and always remember that there is life after death

DR. Bickel
Rating
IT IS LIKE ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT DONE BEFORE .
IT IS A LITTLE SCARY, BUT YOU DON'T LET FEAR STAND IN YOUR WAY WHEN YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH SOMETHING !
IT'S GONNA HAPPEN SO WHY WORRY ABOUT SOMETHING YOU CANNOT CHANGE !! YOU WILL LIVE LONGER !!

African Liberator
Rating
THERE IS THIS ONE QUOTE SAYS THAT "WE ARE ALL BORN BETWEEN URINE AND FECES AND WE WILL END OUR LIVES AS CULINARY DELIGHTS FOR TERRESTIAL WORMS." SO IT DOES NOT MATTER HOW WE WERE BORN OR HOW WE DIE, WHAT MATTERS IS HOW WE LIVE OUR LIVES.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IS REALIZE THAT YOUR REAL FEAR MAY BE THAT YOU WILL NOT LIVE LIFE TO IT'S FULLEST AND YOU WILL MISS OUT TO THE BEAUTY OF LIFE. SO I DO NOT SEE YOUR PHOBIA AS CURSE BUT A BLESSING BECAUSE NOW YOU WILL HAVE THAT MOTIVATION TO LIVE EACH DAY AS THOUGH IT WAS YOUR LIFE AND YOU CAN SEIZE THE BEAUTY IN EVERY MOMENT AND EVERY PERSON.

IN SHORT TURN YOUR FEAR INTO A STRENGTH BY EVALUATING YOUR LIFE AND MAKE A LIST OF THINGS YOU WISH TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE AND DO ALL OF THEM. THEN DEATH WON'T SEEM SO BAD BECAUSE YOU MADE THE MOST OF LIFE.

Hannah Radar
That is the hardest fear to conquer. For me, I started feeling that way when my dad died suddenly--at age 45. The fear didn't subside until my mom died 27 years later (also suddenly). At her wake and funeral somehow I felt peace--though losing her was the greatest loss of all. I am still afraid of death, but I do not any longer obsess over it.

You can go to the library and take out books regarding death in the self-help section. Some Buddhist books are very comforting--as are many others in that section.

heartache53
The only thing I can say is to try and focus on Living everyday! As scary as it seems think about the positive things and people, family,and get on with the rest of your life It is a precious gift

bibliophile31
Know Christ. You won't be afraid of dying any more.

Noone i
Rating
Ask yourself: how rational is this fear? Face it and address the question every time you find yourself fearing death, and you will eventually realize that your phobia isnt rational and you will help yourself move on.

Fear is a normal emotion, some emotions are not logical. Obsessing about it implies an irrational attempt to solve something that is clearly out of your control.

mevlana
Rating
Well, you have done it before in many lifetimes. Only the body dies, not the spirit.It could be you had a tragic death in a past life and that your cellular memory is why you are afraid.

patricia
If you will trust in God and Live as close to His commandments as you can and your fears will go away ...We the people who trust in God don,t fear!!!! and especially Death....Read His word and start with Psalms....God bless you and All and Israel

Jeff W
I got over my fear of dying by realizing that there just wasn't anything I could do about it. That it is a natural cycle of all life, so to speak. I also realized that it wasn't necessarily dying that I was afraid of, it was how my passing would to come to fruition that concerned me.

daisy
Rating
jesus ,for sure.JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS

seeoomarah@verizon.net
Rating
fear or worry about this is a waste of your time. It will happen when God wants it to happen and no amount of fear or worry can change that.
Get close to God, feel his presence, pray to him to take this away from you. Once you get to know him, your fear will dissapear.

Kit S
Rating
the fear of dying is rational, and everyone has it to some extent. You should just think of it in a different way. Everyone will die at some point but they will be in a better place, depending upon how good they were in their life. I think the real thing you fear is what will happen after death.

kmanglitz
Okay people, asking Jesus to save you has nothing to do with the fear of dying. You are telling yourself a story. If someone held a gun to your head now, and you knew your life was over don't even try to tell me your knees wouldn't be shaking.

I think anyone who has questions about this topic should seriously explore it. There was a lady named Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and she essentially devoted her life to the study of death. Her books and her work are very interesting and I think worthwhile. I don't know of anyone else who has done as much research than she. Also, you might explore "Near Death Experiences". There are a lot of books and materials out there on this topic.

keepingthefaith
Rating
when you pray earnestly to God and ask Him to help ease your fears--He will do it. With God because of His precious gift of Jesus Christ there is no more death after this short time on earth. Doesn't make sense-but when He fills you with His peace it wil.

Angela G
I have gone through the exact same thing. I was afraid to leave the house because I was so scared I would die that day. It just wasn't the way to live. I just keep telling myself, if today is my last day, will I be happy with the way I lived? My answer a few months ago would have been no because I was too scared to even leave the house. Now I enjoy life and live it to the fullest. My day will come some day I just hope it isn't anytime soon. I also started taking B complex vitamins as recommended by my doctor. Just know these feelings are normal but you need to figure out a solution that works for you. You can't live in fear.

The Emperor of Ecstasy
everybody at one time or another thinks about this....rest assured that death is a fact and no o ne can escape it....dont dwell on it, plan for it, then go on with life and find happy.....good luck...

Janst
Rating
Most people at one point or another are afraid to die. But death is a part of life. I work in a hospital. I have seen people who have terminal illness near the end they are ready to go. They are just tired of this life. Also people that are very old are also ready to go on. I belive that life is a cylce. Most people when they know the time is near and they are tired of suffering are ready to go on.

dca2003311@yahoo.com
THERE ARE ONLY TWO(2) NATURAL FEARS THAT WE HAVE WHEN WE ARE BORN!! #1 IS FALLING AND #2 IS LOUD NOISE ALL THE REST OF THE FEARS AFTER THAT ARE SELF CREATED IN OUR OWN MIND> THEY ARE UNNATURAL FEARS!!! FEAR ACTUALLY MEANS>FUTURE EVENTS APPEARING REAL< FEAR*

jonesash94
Rating
be one with Christ

bigmac
Rating
Get the Lord in your heart him then he will be there for you when you are having the fear of dying, i had the same thing it is just the Satan making you think that.

~Midsummer Dream~
Rating
You and I are in the same boat my friend. Being afraid of death is not uncommon. I think about it sometimes and it scares me. Its all psychological. Your daily experiences and life experiences affect the way you perceive it. I know when I watched my grandfather die, it traumatized me. I sat there with him and held his hand. Ever since then I have been afraid of death. There is no sure fire way to fix the problem. If it inhibits your daily life, for instance you don't do things that you want to do because of the fear of death, then you need to find someone to talk to. My fear doesn't hold me back, but all people are different. I know that when I start to think about it...I think back to what my grandad said when I walked through the door of his room. I went to sit down and he told me not to sit there because Jesus was sitting in that chair. That eases my fear...because I know that there is something better for me after this life.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy