Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

What 2 do when u r bored 2 death?
any suggestions of what to do when u r bored?...

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

What is preventing you from leading a happy life?

What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self ...

How can I get over a fear of dying?

What are you scared of?
eg. ...

How would you describe suicide in one word?

Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely ...

I'm really afraid to go to sleep?
I know it sounds really weird, but lately I've been afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid that I'll be sick in the middle of the night. I know it sounds irrational, but I'm ...

Depression.....?
What is the best thing to do to get rid of depression.. I'm on antidepressants but don't want to take them for the rest of my life ... And i'm single coz blokes don't understand/ ...

Can my boss keep ringing me while I'm off sick?
Help needed urgently!!! I'm off sick from work with a four week sicknote from the doctor for stress and depression. Caused in no small part by my boss who is a bully and a complete control ...

How would you rate your current mood on a scale of 1-10? 10 being extremely happy?

Additional Details
Someone asked about me...well, about a 6--I'm on this site procrastinating to avoid an incredibly messy house!...

I did it again. I don't know what to do. I am so ashamed.?
I hurt myself again. I don't know what to do. I just lost control of myself. After 7 months of being clean. This was not supposed to happen. Not now. I thought everything was cool again. But ...

How can I make my 16 yr old daughter quit eating boogers, dandruff, ear wax, crusty skin, etc.?
I am very concerned due to my daughter being 16 years old. If she was a little girl it would not concern me nearly as much. I will appreaciate any help and advice. Thank you in advance.
A...

I think I have a problem... what's wrong with me?
I think I might be depressed. I have very severe lows which end up with me sitting in the shower cutting myself with my razor while crying. The cuts aren't that deep but they hurt like hell and ...

I cry everyday,, is this right?
I hurt myslf ...

max_uk18uk22
Is it really good to cry?
I cried and cried last night but it just seemed that the pain was worse and then I ended up feeling numb, so how come people say it is good to cry?

Susie
Rating
Don't bottle it up inside. Let it all out.

proffesor
Rating
crying doesnt change anything

Mind*Soul
Rating
It's good to cry and not keep everything inside.

Shopaholic Chick
Rating
it is better to let it out then hold it all in - you may not feel 100% better - but you are better then you would have been if you held it in

Yooka
Rating
That's perfectly normal. That numbness is what you're going for. After a while, that passes too. It's really time that heals you, but the crying - other than providing an immediate release - also helps time work it's healing on you faster. At least, that's what I find.

remigio a
Rating
is good for you to cry

old_but_still_a_child
It gets worse before it gets better. I hadn't cried in about ten years. I self-harm, and haveused that as a substitute. But then something happened at home and I lost it. Everything just caught up with me. I felt very overwhelmed, and I walked out of my house and just walked and walked for seven hours until my mum found me and brought me home. When I woke up in the morning, I got up and just burst into tears. I started crying hysterically and couldn't stop. I went to my dr (cried the whole way there) and got signed off my exams. Sat at home and sobbed my heart out. Felt rotten.

For a few weeks I kep being very tearful and just losing it and crying my heart out. Head hurts all the time, and very poor concentration. Worked it through with my counsellor, who is very kind and helpful, and saw my Dr a few times too.

It's a month later and I'm beginning to feel more free, and slightly less burdened. Crying started to flush my system, and washed out just enough for me to start really looking at myself deeply and enabled me to identify the things I should talk to my counsellor about.

Crying itself made me feel awful, and I hated it, but it got the ball rolling. We cry to release stress, and believe me, sometimes you just have to. Now you need someone good to listen to you, anf someone to give you a hug when you feel low.

If you need to cry, cry. It's crap at the time, but eventually you'll start to feel better. It may take a while, but it will happen.

Feel better soon xXx

bramblerock
Rating
I think it helps to cry. It's nice to talk to someone after you cry. However crying will make a headache worse. I always feel renewed after a good cry and can really think about how to resolve my reasons for crying. I'm so sorry you are so down if you want to talk you can contact me through this sight.

tammy_louise15
Rating
yes it is good to cry because it tells u how u feel and get all your feeling out in the air so you can feel a lot better i cry a lot coz i have a lot and it is getting me down and crying helps me a lot f u like to talk u know where i am just email me and i will email u back

Phozzie
wat happen??? Sum people cry to take their out in ways that crying can only can. You might be crying over sum thing that deep down you know is wrong. Thing about what happen, and tell yourself if this is sumthing you should be dwelling over

jimbob92065
Rating
if you need to cry, u gotta get it all out. But it is good to laugh

crophilia
Rating
its better to let things out rather than hold them in. if u wanna cry, go ahead and have good cry. crying can be a good way to let out emotions, its better than getting angry and hitting out at someone. we all need a release at times. keeping everything in can make u very ill, just let it out and let it go.

navigaterrob
'sup max? be happy dude

Anglo Banglo
Y u cried? for experience or??????

Rabi
no it's not good to cry. crying doesn't give you anything. sometimes do.

wild_eep
Rating
I know what you mean - three years ago I did one like that. I thought I was going to cry until I drowned in tears, like it would never stop. I think I stopped myself after about half an hour.

But it is still good to cry. Getting through this will involve times like that. How it feels straight after doesn't tell you all about how important it is for you in the long term.

To be honest I wish I could cry more.

Coming off the prozac might have been a factor as well here - you're regaining access to some emotions that were somewhat buried before.

I'm still on the prozac - that's the one that works for me. Others take different stuff, or nothing. What works works.

kat
it is good. it is a release. you just have a lot to release

kkonmyway
Rating
yes it is good to cry cuz then everyone will know that you are not a person who hides there emotions from everyone!!

♥ Lisa♥
if you hold it in your emotional health and physical health can go down fast

Lynn
Believe it or not, it IS good to cry - it's a release. It doesn't make the pain go away if you're truly hurting, only time will do that.

Whatever is hurting you, I am sorry. I hope that you feel better soon.

Gentle hugs, Marilyn

Your_Star
sometimes it is good to let out a good cry. but then in your case, that's possible too. i guess its different for everyone

mentally2003
Crying relieves your feelings but crying does mess up your face leaving marks on it.

Bors
No, crying is for girls

stockskarthik
Rating
Crying is a natural phenomenon of letting emotions balance itself. So there is no harm in crying as long as you feel that you are not doing that very often. You might look for options like meditation, yoga to help calm your mind and bring more emotional balance than resorting to crying.

yLime
People say its good to cry, but what they mean is that its good to not keep your feelings bottled up. If whatever your going through is really bad, you might actually need a good scream.

Rating
its good to cry but great to laugh

Jimmy Pete
Rating
Yes, crying relieves stress! I know this from first hand experience. DW

Grady T
As a male..... I believe it is good to cry. When you cry it releases endorphins into your body. It does a body good to get the endorphins. As far as an emotional help? It is good because if you were to keep the emotion bottled up, it can create a physical response that will cause physical problems. After you cry though it helps to talk to someone close about the problem that makes you so upset. I believe that the body going numb is it's first step in resetting it's self.

annie_lubbers
Rating
Crying is a stress reliever. It means you recognize that you have a problem. Even though crying doesn't solve anything, the hormones released during crying can help you relax and sleep (ever noticed taht you're exhausted after a good cry?). However, all things in moderation. Crying too much releases too many hormones and you end up feeling more depressed. So my advice is to cry and then find a way to deal with the issue.

headshrinker
It is good to cry. You release natural endorphins that help dull emotional and physical pain.

But that's not the whole reason it's good. The reason it's good to cry is because it means that you are in touch with your emotions enough to know that you are sad and that you are allowing yourself the freedom to express your feelings. There are a lot of people out there who CAN'T cry.

It sounds like something hurt you very deeply and you just need some time to heal. If the crying or need to cry lasts longer than 2 weeks, then maybe talk to someone about it - you might have depression. (It's very common and there are a lot of ways to cope with it and treat it.) Also, if the feelings turn into hopelessness and you start having thoughts of suicide, make sure you go to the emergency room right away.

I'm sorry that you're feeling badly, but I know that there's a light at the end of the tunnel - even if you have to dig yourself out a little.
Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy