Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

BIG woman problems ahead for me. Advice urgenty sought ?
My g/f of six months belives i spent 8 years in the Parachute Regiment. I have even brought some second hand body armour for bedroom games and her nickname for me is " Serge"
Problem ...

My sister just stopped breathing. She isn't answering my questions.?
what should I do......

How do i cope with the death of my dad?
any ideas how im ment feel or is feeling numb normal
Additional Details
thank you for all your kind words it's going be hard 2 ...

I am 23 years old. I depend too much on my parents for everything. Am I normal?

Should you ever seek revenge on someone who has caused you suffering and/or pain? Why/Why not?

Weird question that ive always wondered
What time is it and what state do you live in,
I live in oregon and is 4:00 am ...

I only have four cigarettes left?
what am i suppose to do i wont have any money until tomorrow and four cigarettes wont last that long. im not tired so sleeping wont help. IM FREAKING OUT!!! what do i ...

Does any one wish they could delete unwanted information out of their heads?
I find I have far too good of a memory, I remember too much useless knowledge....

How can i improve my knoledge?

How can i get my 17 year old g/f to have a b00b job, i fear she is going saggy already and its not nice?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)!...

I can't control my temper, what can i do about it?
serouisly, i am really gonna end up killing someone one day and i can't stop arguing with my mam. everyday is hell for me! how can i stop being so stressed out? no nasty people please, i know i&#...

Suicide please help?
i am 21 old with Cerebral Palsy i can walk and do everything i just walk funny i have a felony for robbery when i was 18 for a coat that fall off during a fight and then a few months later lost a ...

How do you get ride of stress?

I'm getting ready to snort heroin for the first time. What can I expect?

What is your fear??
what are you most afraid of and why??

its ok dont be ascared!! xxx x x x x
Additional Details
well im arachnaphobic - fear ...

Should I run around the neighborhood naked screaming "I'M A LITTLE GIRL!!"?

Do I have to tell my employer I take antidepressants?
Ive just finished college and Im going to start applying for jobs. Everyone I know that works in the field Im going into said they had to do a medical prior to getting there jobs, during with time ...

How do you get rid of stress?

Suicide thoughts?
Ever since I was twelve I have thoughts almost everyday of commiting suicide. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Father's Day, but I still have those thoughts. I have a thing against ...

I'm drunk and feel really depressed?
No words can describe how low i feel right now,i'we been drinking none stop to help me for get my probs,i'm so down right now....

devilchild14389
I did it again. I don't know what to do. I am so ashamed.?
I hurt myself again. I don't know what to do. I just lost control of myself. After 7 months of being clean. This was not supposed to happen. Not now. I thought everything was cool again. But appearently not. I don't know what to do. I can't go to my parents, I can't got to my best friend, and I can't go to a counsler. And anyone that I talk to won't understand me. I don't know what to do. I'm panicing right now. Help me?

connietran311
Rating
just take a deep breath and be calm. Also, think before you act.

Thousand Sunny
hmmm, a trick Q
try to focus on doing something else like helping other people you don't know or find a job, keep urself busy all the time. But unless your body is suffering from a illness which your don't know about it. Its best if you can go to a doctor and ask then to x-ray your body see if you got a bone broken

Hope G
Rating
i know just how you feel. but once you cut or hurt yourself for the first time it will follow you for the rest of your life. It will be in your mind and sometimes your body goes through withdrawl. When i would do it to myself the next day i would feel so guilty. if your parents already know its better to tell them that way they are aware (trust me its really hard) i would tell the parent u talk to most. good luck

Habichuela
you can talk to me, just dont hurt you self, please

silver.graph
Rating
If you broke the skin and your tetanus shot isn't current, go to the nearest urgent care clinic tomorrow early and get a tetanus shot. That's the first order of business. Get the damage looked at and treated.

Don't panic. You've done this before and you're here now, well enough to communicate online. People do some extreme things when they're under stress. Some of them do drugs, get drunk, eat whole bags of candy, watch five dumb movies in a row...and they still live to fight another day.

What your job will be, after you take care of the medical stuff, is to identify the stress that made you do this. Then you get some help dealing with the stress. You may have to get your doctor's backup to get the stress in your life turned down if your school is causing it. If it's a peer problem, a counselor should be able to help. You do not have to specify what you did to hurt yourself when you talk to a counselor before you know the counselor well enough to trust him/her. Just say, "When I get stressed beyond a point, I hurt myself. I need help stopping the stress before it gets me to that point."

Remember, nobody on earth has the right to push you to the point that you want to hurt yourself. Not a parent, not a spouse, not a lover, not your school, certainly not one of your peers.

Curiously Curious
The first answerer has no concept of what you are going through.

If you do a Google search on "support for cutting self" you will get almost 3 million websites. Right on the first page of the Google search are quite a few that may be of help to you.

Try not to panic. Just get to that search. I'm sure there most be hot lines on there.

Take care.

Duchess
Rating
Why can't you go to a counsellor? Cant you ring a Lifeline or something, there are people out there that can help and talk to you if you ask for help.
7 months is a good stint for not 'hurting' yourself so this is just a minor bump in the road. Your not perfect - no one is. You obviously dont want to do it, so recognise it and move on and dont do it again.
You'll be fine.

Derrick A
Rating
first of all, people do understand, but only if you give them a chance to listen. and if you can't go to your best friend about something like this, well, then they aren't a very good friend at all. the only way is to get help from someone else, anyone. if it helps, talk to me online. i'm willing to be an anonymous friend, someone to talk to whenever you need me, no questions asked. just start venting and i'll listen, i promise. my AIM screen name is prosoccergod17 and i'm online most of the time. my e-mail is prosoccergod17@aim.com

Shony07
Rating
Well i know you might feel alone right now, and even though you might not believe it but there are LOADS!!! of people that feel and act the way you do u need to find a support group online to talk with ppl like you and how they helped them selfs.
http://www.palace.net/~llama/psych/injury.html
http://www.vinland.org/scamp/institute/dsh.html

ginavillar25
Rating
OK, it happend again, you can not change that, right now lets focus on your well being.
REMEMBER YOUR FAMILY LOVES YOU NO MATTER WHAT! If you still do not want to talk to them call any emergency line or go to this website www.metanoia.org/suicide/ they can help.
Please remember everything has a solution except death.
I care and your family and your friends we all care YOU ARE NOT ALONE and you do not have to be alone to get through this.

Erabus
Honey you NEED to talk to your family. There are some things that I've been a bit embarrassed to tell my family, but believe me, their top priority is you and your well being. Talk to them. Start right now if you can.

tallsally
You have to find someone to talk to! Do you have a minister to talk to? Or call the crisis hotline they'll listen. I'd listen!

Sammy Skippy W
Rating
First, calm down girl. You're gonna be alright. Second, I know a lot of times it seems as if there is no one to talk to, and that no one understands. I feel for ya sister!! People always say "its ok to talk to your parents, they'll understand!" but that's not true at all. I wish i could give you a hug right now. Just remember that crying is all right. It makes you feel better. As to how you hurt yourself, i don't know and i don't want to know. But ur gonna be fine, girl. Just give it time. And remember, bad times just make good times 10 times better!
Luv u and sending u an e-hug =)

juanes addicion
don't panic...just don't do it again...but you will want to join a group of self help so that you an get the help you need from others who are in your position..

bigleybill
Rating
You have to take control of yourself and seek help. You need a doctor to help you through this rough time. You know something is wrong and you can't control it so ask for help. Consider the alternative.

ming
Rating
Hi,
I don't know how to advise you but I think all you have to do now is to calm down, to listen to yourself, to endure what you have done and to hope you will change everything to the good ones in the future.
I hope you will soon overcome your difficulties.
Cheers up.

peachiepie
Call a mental health hot line right now. They won't judge you and you can looK it up in your yellow pages on the net right now. Many are at the phones 24 hrs a day, good luck ok, I'm pulling for you!

Cee T
When you have no one to turn to, it's time to turn to the Lord. God loves you. He does not want you hurting yourself. Try asking Him into your life. Read the Bible (New Testament first). Jesus died for our sins and rose again. Pray. Ask Him to help you. I'll pray for you. John 3:16,
Romans 10:13

Harry P
shes talking about being an cutter i think....... So i would advise getting some really good friends that will stick with you and harass you if they find cuts and keep your secrets.

ADAM S
Rating
I know what you are talking about. You need to go to an AA meeting (I mean everyday), get a sponsor, work the steps, read the book, and help others. Through yourself into this way of life. A spiritual experience is vital if you want to live a good and full life. The above steps will give you a spiritual experience.

CRAZZY
Rating
you probably think they dont understand you but they do. it will be better if you talk yo someone you love and loves you back hurting yourself is not good and you already now this if you were good for seven months what happened now that made you hurt yourself again that is what you need to talk to someone about

thom t
Rating
If you're no longer "clean" does that mean you are on drugs? You must seek professional help, or try your clergyman.

jkgirl<3
Rating
you should talk to a threapast becuz you cant handle this yourself and theres not a lot of people on yahoo anwsers that can either so find someone to trust and trust them or this is going to keep haping good luck

Reyna
So you said you hurt yourself but then insinuated drug use?

Get your phone book look up crisis hot lines and call one. They will talk to you anonymously.

� sky3000 �
Rating
Dealing with this as secret is not a good idea. That is a big part of why it happens. Once you are open and let other people in, then you are closer to having control again.

It might seem like you will lose control by letting others know, but you are actually taking control.

I agree with others, you need to find someone that knows about this and knows how to help you. You need an expert. They know what to do...where as you don't right now.

tlcats
Calm down, sweetie and don't beat yourself up. You did the best you could for as long as you could and now you have the opportunity to try again. Seven months is a hugely long time and you should be patting yourself on the back for a job well done!
Now take a deep breath, maybe a long warm bath and concentrate on getting through tomorrow. Then concentrate on getting through the next day and the next, slowly but surely you will make it to 7 months again, then 8 months. Any recovery has set backs, call it a learning experience and go forward. Someday you will meet someone who is in your position who needs your help . You will be wise and caring because you have been there. Best wishes and I'll be praying for you!

luvspace
You do have to go to someone who understands, if not to your parents, go to your friends parents.

hershey kiss
Rating
Don't panic. Take a deep breath. There are people that understand you. There are professionals that can help you, that know what they're talking about. Ask your parents to take you to a counsler, just to talk out some of your problems, because you have some things that you have to put out on the table that you need someone outside your family to talk to. There ARE people that know what you're going through, you just have to find the right ones. Calm down! I hope I helped! Good luck! :)

qc_paws
Well I dont know what you did but I am sorta in the same situation right now. Just think about everyone that really loves you. Is this really worth hurting them and yourself? It brings down your motivation and it really hurts everyone exspecially yourself JUST QUIT. It may sound hard but looks like you did it before why not again and for good this time?

As Real As It Gets
Your family, friends, and counselor are exactly who you DO need to talk to. You need to get the problem out in the open and deal with it honestly if you want to stop it from happening again.

You're only as sick as your secrets.

relaxification
Rating
I'm going to give you one simple piece advice that I promise you is absolutely true.

Even if you disagree, please read to the end of my answer, and then make up your mind. You owe it to yourself. But this might be hard to hear, ok? Here goes:

The biggest mistake a person who engages in destructive behaviour can make is to assume that his or her problem is so complicated, or so sick, or so twisted, or so unique, that nobody will understand it.

That's it. Pretty simple sounding, isn't it? But hear me out.

It might help if you pretend for a moment that there are 2 parts inside you. There's you, and there's the person who does bad things. You want to stop. You want to stay clean. You want to be a good person.

But the person who does bad things, your other half, wants to keep doing the bad stuff. And the only way this person can keep doing bad stuff is if it convinces you, in any way it can, not to look for help. So it fools you into thinking that whatever your problem is, nobody is going to understand. Or care. Or that you're the bad person, and you don't deserve to be happy.

But this is a lie, and it's the lie that's preventing you from getting the help you need. I know it's hard, but try to be objective: if your friend was in pain, wouldn't you do everything you could to get her help, even if she didn't think help was possible?

This other side of you is not your friend. But you can be. Do yourself a favor and talk to a professional about this.

I promise you, no matter what's going on in your head, this person will have dealt with it before. There's no such thing as a new neurosis.

Good luck, and don't sell yourself short.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy