Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

What 2 do when u r bored 2 death?
any suggestions of what to do when u r bored?...

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

What is preventing you from leading a happy life?

What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self ...

How can I get over a fear of dying?

What are you scared of?
eg. ...

How would you describe suicide in one word?

Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely ...

I'm really afraid to go to sleep?
I know it sounds really weird, but lately I've been afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid that I'll be sick in the middle of the night. I know it sounds irrational, but I'm ...

Depression.....?
What is the best thing to do to get rid of depression.. I'm on antidepressants but don't want to take them for the rest of my life ... And i'm single coz blokes don't understand/ ...

Can my boss keep ringing me while I'm off sick?
Help needed urgently!!! I'm off sick from work with a four week sicknote from the doctor for stress and depression. Caused in no small part by my boss who is a bully and a complete control ...

How would you rate your current mood on a scale of 1-10? 10 being extremely happy?

Additional Details
Someone asked about me...well, about a 6--I'm on this site procrastinating to avoid an incredibly messy house!...

I did it again. I don't know what to do. I am so ashamed.?
I hurt myself again. I don't know what to do. I just lost control of myself. After 7 months of being clean. This was not supposed to happen. Not now. I thought everything was cool again. But ...

How can I make my 16 yr old daughter quit eating boogers, dandruff, ear wax, crusty skin, etc.?
I am very concerned due to my daughter being 16 years old. If she was a little girl it would not concern me nearly as much. I will appreaciate any help and advice. Thank you in advance.
A...

I think I have a problem... what's wrong with me?
I think I might be depressed. I have very severe lows which end up with me sitting in the shower cutting myself with my razor while crying. The cuts aren't that deep but they hurt like hell and ...

Lauren S
My cat just died a minute ago. Please help me cope with it. I have know this cat my whole life.?

Additional Details
i have already talked about it with my family. im just askin people advise to get over it so it wont hang over my shoulders for days.

Robalunchi
Rating
u will be fine

Stacie's Mom
Rating
I mean really...your cat just died and you are on the computer. Sorry hard to believe. When my last dog died, in my arms, I was very shaken up. Hmmmm...Yahoo Answers didn't even enter my mind. Go figure.

Fanatic
Be glad that it is not a relative, its just a cat. I am sorry for your loss though

PEACHDIVA
i'm so sorry for your loss.

platypus ♫ party
Rating
you should have a proper ceremony for it. That will give you closure and help you feel that you took care of it as best you could.

I'm sorry for your loss.

blondee
Sorry- its not something that you are just going to get over so easily if you have had this cat for your whole life. Its gonna take time and its ok to grieve over it.

Mayy<33
Rating
Oh my gosh....=( ive had pets die before and i know how much it hurts. but u no, pets dont live forever no matter how much u want them to and if you really think bout it, your cat probably had the best ttime ever living with you! You gave him or her a wonderful life but i guess it was time to go no matter how much you and your family wanted to have him or her stay. Im truly sorry for you. heres a star. hope you feel better.

lilia
Rating
There is a saying that really helps. Please read it and believe in it.

God saw your cat getting tired,
a cure not meant to be, so He put his arms around your cat and whispered "Come with me.

I hope I helped you and I am so sorry for what you are going through. With Love

Ashley D
Rating
I am so sorry.......... I had my cat since childhood and he died a few years ago........ It is very hard to cope with losing that kind of companionship ......... It is ok to cry like a baby I know I did!!! Over time you will heal and the pain in your heart wont feel as strong......... I personally did not go get another cat because it wouldnt be him......... keep yourself busy it wont work all the time but it will definetly help

nonotyou
Rating
im sorry. But what I think you should do is think abotu it now and get all ur emotions out and then try to get ur mind of it by doing something distracting. good luck!

jenny
i dont think anyone here can really help. Im so sorry though

zvl
she/he in kitty heave
a better place with endless catnip. n toys
n w/e esle cat like to do

Pookeygirl
Rating
I am so sorry for your loss. I still miss my dog that I lost last August. It still hurts even after all that time. Here is a website for dealing with grieving for pet loss.

http://sandtracker.tripod.com/cat-tracks.html

Tash
Rating
I had a dog my whole life, and when he died it was like something was missing. I wanted him to come back, and i still do 2 years later. I got a new dog but it isnt the same without that one.Time will ease the pain.

Ninapoplolly
Rating
I'm so sorry. I've had a cat before. It was really hard on me when she died. She was 16 and she was super nice. She died of this disease that totally wrecked her body. You'll get over it eventually. I know I did. My cat was born way before me and my parents bought her more than 10 years before I was born!! Even though I was young when she died, I was still really sad. I'm 8 years older than when she died and when I think about her I'm still sad sometimes. Even if you get another cat or a different pet, there's always room left in your heart for her. Have a great summer!!

Bill VonDoom
Rating
sorry for your loss.

skittles
Rating
Just know that life goes on. For new things to come up, some old things must disappear. It's going to be fine. Hold up! We feel bad for you but it'll be good.

♥me♥
Rating
OMG! I'm sooo sorry for you. :[ well RIP Kitty. And I think you should just keep smiling it'll be okay. Who knows tomorrow might be a better day for you hopefully, you might find $1,000,000,000 tomorrow.

d@n
aw im sorry for your loss. =(
but if you took good care of him, then just remember the good times.
I hope you feel better soon.

Erica S
Rating
I am so, so, so sorry! Honestly, just cry. Get it out of your system (it might not be the last time you cry about your cat, but it will still help). I know if my dog died, i would cry my head off, because it is a sad thing if you really loved him/her. But at the same time, you will be fine. You'll probably have great memories of your cat! If you need a new animal companion, you could get a similar pet to your cat, knowing that he/she will never be as good as your cat was. I'm sorry, good luck with the coping!

Girl with Truthiness
Rating
Aww, just allow yourself to be sad about it. You can mourn, and cry! But also remember how lucky you were to have such a wonderful cat that gave you company and brought you comfort. You were one of the fortunate people that got to see just how special your cat truly was and you are blessed to have had her for as long as you did.

ronym
Rating
I am extremely sorry

Jason
Rating
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's always rough when those that you are close to pass away, even if they are animals. I've been in the same boat before. Just keep your head up and keep talking to others. It always helps when you have a support system.

Midnight Crier
Rating
You've had the cat all your life. Now it's dead. It's an animal. Bury it. Move on. That is the best advice I can give you.

NiKSTeR.
wow, if i were you i would try to think of all the good times you had with the cat and look at pictures you took with the cat. try to get over it, i know that sounds harsh but eventually you will have to. but not now, if it just died one minute ago. wow, thats sad. and i am really sorry for you because i know how it feels to lose a pet that youve known for a long time.

Lindsey
I am so so sorry for your loss I have had a cat that was with me for a long but it died too, I am still not over it. I am so so sorry.....

Kelly M
Okay... I suspect you might get a lot of really insensitive answers here and I'm sorry for those people in advance. I'm really sorry you're going through grief. It's not easy.

I lost my mom and my little brother both in the same day, six years ago. I'm okay now, if that helps you. I still miss them, but here I am, alive and well, surrounded by loved ones - many of whom I had not even met six years ago. Life moves in directions you could never anticipate, believe me.

The only way to learn how to grieve is to let yourself go through it. You could just cry, write, watch a sad movie, or make a memorial. Do whatever you feel will help you, within reason.

That being said, don't let it encompass your life. You already knew that cats don't live as long as humans, so you should try to move on without getting too dramatic. Eventually you should be able to remember your cat and smile because he or she was your beloved pet, and you'll be happy you had that cat for the time you did.

Best wishes.

Joey T
Rating
thats really sad, hope you feel better soon. xoxo

George
Im so sorry =[

Dazed
Rating
Be happy that it moved on to a better place. Remember all the good times you had with your cat. Your cat would want you to remember the good times and not stay sad.

Hopefully Helpful
It was time for your cat to be at peace if he/she was suffering in the end. Look at pictures you have of your cat. Remember all the love he/she gave you.
After a while you might want to think about getting a kitten.
I hope you will feel better soon.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy