Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

I think I have a problem... what's wrong with me?
I think I might be depressed. I have very severe lows which end up with me sitting in the shower cutting myself with my razor while crying. The cuts aren't that deep but they hurt like hell and ...

I cry everyday,, is this right?
I hurt myslf ...

I am taking medication for depression, and I am having thoughts of suicide?
I am 15 and I have been taking medication for depression. I don't want to but my parents are making me. I have been taking them since June of 2006. I take two a day. But I hear that these drugs ...

How many of u believe in---?
where there is love there is no respest and where there is respect there is no love---
please answer ...

Is there any1 else out there feeling depressed? and wants to kill themseves?
anything to make me feel better..............

What should i do when i get panic attacks?

What helped you to stop cutting yourself?

If you've ever been suicidal, what prevented you from doing it?

POLL: Do you stress out over little things in your life ???
Thank you....

BIG woman problems ahead for me. Advice urgenty sought ?
My g/f of six months belives i spent 8 years in the Parachute Regiment. I have even brought some second hand body armour for bedroom games and her nickname for me is " Serge"
Problem ...

My sister just stopped breathing. She isn't answering my questions.?
what should I do......

How do i cope with the death of my dad?
any ideas how im ment feel or is feeling numb normal
Additional Details
thank you for all your kind words it's going be hard 2 ...

I am 23 years old. I depend too much on my parents for everything. Am I normal?

Should you ever seek revenge on someone who has caused you suffering and/or pain? Why/Why not?

Weird question that ive always wondered
What time is it and what state do you live in,
I live in oregon and is 4:00 am ...

I only have four cigarettes left?
what am i suppose to do i wont have any money until tomorrow and four cigarettes wont last that long. im not tired so sleeping wont help. IM FREAKING OUT!!! what do i ...

Does any one wish they could delete unwanted information out of their heads?
I find I have far too good of a memory, I remember too much useless knowledge....

How can i improve my knoledge?

How can i get my 17 year old g/f to have a b00b job, i fear she is going saggy already and its not nice?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)!...

I can't control my temper, what can i do about it?
serouisly, i am really gonna end up killing someone one day and i can't stop arguing with my mam. everyday is hell for me! how can i stop being so stressed out? no nasty people please, i know i&#...

rose_red_91
What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self mutilation

beezebee25
Rating
Schitzophrenia or you just need a psycho doctor.

Liz H
Rating
emotional illness defineately.
an anti-depressant might help. I know someone who had the same symptoms and is well now. Dont get over freaked yet hun.
My mom is a scizophrenic and these are not her symptoms if that helps you not worry so bad. Even so the person is suffering tremendously. A real therapist that talks and not just medicates might get to the bottom of this irrational behaviour.
Hugs, your gonna need em.

Jacci
That can mean a lot of different diseases, either way the person you are talking about needs serious medical help.

Pondering Reality
It sounds like dissociative disorder

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF A DISSOCIATIVE DISORDER?

People with Dissociative Disorders may experience any of the following: depression, mood swings, suicidal tendencies, sleep disorders (insomnia, night terrors, and sleep walking), panic attacks and phobias (flashbacks, reactions to stimuli or "triggers"), alcohol and drug abuse, compulsions and rituals, psychotic-like symptoms (including auditory and visual hallucinations), and eating disorders. In addition, individuals with Dissociative Disorders can experience headaches, amnesias, time loss, trances, and "out of body experiences." Some people with Dissociative Disorders have a tendency toward self-persecution, self-sabotage, and even violence (both self-inflicted and outwardly directed).

But to get a firm diagnosis talk to a therapist.

minx64
Rating
they mean that you need to get some help...now and not later....I read your other question and you are describing a mental health issue...you need to speak to your parents and let them in on what you've been feeling like lately if they dont already know....you may need some in patient therapy and be on some anti depressants....which millions of people are on every day and millions have the same thing you do.....you need to get help now...if you are feeling suicidal then you need to call 911 or go to the nearest ER...depression is treatable and curable...so seek help really soon....

meredith o
Rating
need couseling

boy george
Rating
its sound like you need mentle health please. I know someone with all your simtoms, she has tryed sucide, has cut and burned her self. if it was not for a case worker and theripist, and groups that she attends she would be dead. and yet she still deals with these prombles all the time. but she has the tools now that on most days she can controil her self and have good day, and then there are bad days, and sometimes she is in the hospital when she knows she cannot keep it under controil any more, she wants to die, but she has to force her self to live for her children and grandchildren. alot of days harder then others. she is dianos with Dysthymic Disorder, Anxiety Disoder, personilty Disorder, seeing someone is a good things and mentle health dose help! and this girl takes meds that help. so maybe if you go to mentle health and seek help, they can find your Diagnoisis and get the right meds for you and haveing someone to talk to dose help! I hope you please consider this! I do not know you but I bet you are a worth wild person. please do this for your self and your love ones. good luck

MD
Possible Bi-Polar disorder. This person needs to get assessed by a doctor or Psychiatrist and seek counseling from a therapist. There is help, this doesn't have to stay this way.

gentle giant
Rating
You need help, NOW!

firestarter
Rating
You could have severe depression. See your doctor. No one deserves to live in that hell. Counselors can help. Find one that clicks with you. You deserve better. If medications are used, use them. If there are bothersome side effects, tell your doctor. More time or a change may be necessary.If you find your doctor isn't helping, change doctors. Don't give up. Everyone deserves happiness. Living in hell is debilitating. A better life is possible.Believe it and get the help that is waiting for you.

Jen G
You are coo coo

Wolfpacker
You have several disorders - see doctor soon.

sanangel
Rating
means they have a severe mental problem and should be seen by a psychiatrist and maybe even have to go to the hospital until they can hopefully get them on medicine to help them... and really they should not waste any time getting to a doctor or hospital to get some help...

tommygirl69
Rating
well may be a combination of things, but at least you can identify some. dont let it get worse, its not a pleasant feeling. Obviously, you have a computer, find out what to do.

bubbles
Rating
Needs to see a doctor. It could be a variety of reasons, but they need help. Get whoever to a doctor now

mel_vogtman
Have you been checked for bipolar II? This involves episodes of hypomania (good moods) mixed with long episodes of depression. That would be my guess.

margaretswett@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Obviously many different diagnoses fit with those symptoms, but seeing a neuropsychologist for a definitive answer would be best. With rapid mood swings I think that is the area you need to be careful with, most bipolar and manic personalities are more inclined to attempt suicide and successful carry out the attempt when they are coming out of the mania. Best wishes =)

1big teddy graham
Rating
Time to see a doctor. Or you are on drugs.

cbeverly4u
schizophrenic or schizoaffective

georgie g
Rating
sounds like a "panic disorder". you must seek medical attention very soon.

nikki k
Rating
im guessing server depression, go to a phyciatrist hun!!

PHP
Rating
Could be bi-polar? Have them see a doctor.

Lana C
Rating
There are alot of web sites you can go to--to help find your answer--just type in "mental health" for your search--I'm sure you will find something that can help you.If that doesn't give you a small clue as to what is going on you could ask your family doctor for advice.Maybe he/she could refer you to someone.Hope all goes well.....

tc_an_american
Rating
Bi polar, schizophrenia, and a Dr is needed and has been needed for some time.

Jenn
I would say you have a depression problem on top of not having a lot of confidence in your self. I would say if you are not on a antidepressant get on one, if you are on one go talk to your doctor about the dosage.

Rombert R
it means you are coming down....smoke more ice

Blonds Rock
a realy deep depression that needs to be delt with before that person kills them self.

I hate you
Rating
meth addict
that **** is GOOD too

kristijay99
Rating
See your doctor....
If you feel these then there are many different things you could have and you are not safe to yourself or others.

Counselor
Regarding responses you've already received...Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, and Bipolar Disorder are probably not what's going on. The symptoms you describe sound much more like Borderline Personality Disorder to me. Google it, go find it on WebMD, whatever...just check it out and see if the descriptions sound familiar. No matter what you choose to do, the most reasonable and sensible course of action is to first see your regular doctor to rule out any physical illnesses that could be producing your symptoms (i.e., problems with your pituitary, thyroid or adrenal glands, etc.). Next, if your doc doesn't find evidence of any physical causes, have him/her refer you to a psychologist or counselor for evaluation. Jumping to conclusions and trying to diagnosis yourself is just asking for trouble especially if you're already depressed - you'll end up thinking you have every symptom of every horrible illness you hear or read about! :) Go seek answers and help from competent professionals who have actually spent years of their lives learning about how to diagnose and treat illnesses. That's what they went to school for - so the rest of the population can pick their brains and get answers when they need them without having to do all the studying themselves! :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy