Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

What is preventing you from leading a happy life?

What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self ...

How can I get over a fear of dying?

What are you scared of?
eg. ...

How would you describe suicide in one word?

Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely ...

I'm really afraid to go to sleep?
I know it sounds really weird, but lately I've been afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid that I'll be sick in the middle of the night. I know it sounds irrational, but I'm ...

Depression.....?
What is the best thing to do to get rid of depression.. I'm on antidepressants but don't want to take them for the rest of my life ... And i'm single coz blokes don't understand/ ...

Can my boss keep ringing me while I'm off sick?
Help needed urgently!!! I'm off sick from work with a four week sicknote from the doctor for stress and depression. Caused in no small part by my boss who is a bully and a complete control ...

How would you rate your current mood on a scale of 1-10? 10 being extremely happy?

Additional Details
Someone asked about me...well, about a 6--I'm on this site procrastinating to avoid an incredibly messy house!...

I did it again. I don't know what to do. I am so ashamed.?
I hurt myself again. I don't know what to do. I just lost control of myself. After 7 months of being clean. This was not supposed to happen. Not now. I thought everything was cool again. But ...

How can I make my 16 yr old daughter quit eating boogers, dandruff, ear wax, crusty skin, etc.?
I am very concerned due to my daughter being 16 years old. If she was a little girl it would not concern me nearly as much. I will appreaciate any help and advice. Thank you in advance.
A...

I think I have a problem... what's wrong with me?
I think I might be depressed. I have very severe lows which end up with me sitting in the shower cutting myself with my razor while crying. The cuts aren't that deep but they hurt like hell and ...

I cry everyday,, is this right?
I hurt myslf ...

I am taking medication for depression, and I am having thoughts of suicide?
I am 15 and I have been taking medication for depression. I don't want to but my parents are making me. I have been taking them since June of 2006. I take two a day. But I hear that these drugs ...

How many of u believe in---?
where there is love there is no respest and where there is respect there is no love---
please answer ...

Is there any1 else out there feeling depressed? and wants to kill themseves?
anything to make me feel better..............

What should i do when i get panic attacks?

What helped you to stop cutting yourself?

LONELY
Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My boyfriend is getting really pissed off about it. Whats wrong with me?

Dalmatian Rescue
OCD

C
Rating
are you pregnant

or do you tell your self in your head that no one in your family will die if you move the furniture.

if none of the above i think you could just be slightly unsettled with you home and life, try leaving the furniture alone and if you feel the need sort out your wardrobe or that junk draw in the kitchen that everyone has.

tomatoes
Rating
Beats me!!! I guess that would be the furniture moving syndrome, the first in the books.

Mr Crusty
Is it OCD?

Check out the questionnaire on the web site I found especially Q.11 onwards...

Kate M
Rating
nothing is wrong with you seriously all you have is a compulsion to change the furniture around that is all there is nothing wrong with you. just get out of the house more and you will not be so tempted to do that. okay good luck and god bless.

Witchy Woman
Maybe, once you get everything where you want it, you won't need to change it. Maybe you need more to do to occupy your time.

fifipoo
Rating
OCD is a problem when it affects relationships...and you already said your boyfriend is really pissed off...so I would suggest that you research OCD on the web...then see if you need to contact someone in your area for a support group or therapy. Catch it now before you get to be like Monk on the tv show. Did you ever see that show?? It was funny for someone that didn't have the disorder but it is NOT funny when you have the disorder. Good luck. :)

louise b
Rating
is this your first home because if it is you do this because you can't get used to your new surroundings. i done this in my first house and used to drive my b/friend mad but now that i'm used to it it has stayed the same for years.

?
I don't mean top be rude but do you have a job? I don't understand how you can find time to do that once a week!

Good luck and if you get bored please stop by my house anytime! x

Katkin
Sounds like Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder. Speak to your doctor as he will be able to help. If he fobs you off get a 2nd opinion. Do this before it gets worse and you start doing things detremental yo your health.

kllymccomas
why do you think something is wrong if it is not hurting you or anyone else or your mind so be it move your furniture all you want maybe you don't like the room or where you live??? tell your boy friend it is just what you do accept it if it really starts to interfere with your life significantly.. get help but why is our werid things we do always considered ab normal or a mental thing jeez

daka
my sister is exactley the same. I went to her house on saturday and her couch was beside the window, i went back on monday and it was beside her door. She said the same that she gets really bored with it. She is also always hoovering up with the least little mess.

She decided that she would leave the hoovering till after tea when her kids were finished their tea and now doesn't feel so stressed. Maybe you could still change the look of the room but wait longer before changing.

Change it once a month or if that is too long give it a change every fortnight, that might not annoy your partner as much. Or is it not that you are bored and need to do something to get out of the house more, then when you come in you may find that you are more content to leave it longer and longer.

Good luck, i know from my sister's experience that this is a bit stressful and it is not a joke.

sammi
Rating
Get rid of all the furniture. That should cure it! And as an added bonus, dusting and hoovering will be much easier!

Grant O
Rating
you've probably got a coompulsive disorder. They are very common and every one is different. I used to work with someone who constantly washed his hands, he didn't know why, but he just kept doing it. The only thing you can do is to try and 'ween' yourself out of it. Good luck!

msm1089
Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). Go and see your doctor - there are drugs that can help or even counselling. It may not seem harmful to be moving the furniture all the time, but you should try and stop as you could develop other OC behaviours.

CHRIS S
OCD obsessional compulsive disorder talk to your GP and ask to see a counsellor

Marrianne
LOL.......sorry hun, nothing wrong with you, you are maybe just bored, or the furniture just dosen`t look right, no matter where you put it. I have done the same, move this, move that, till i get it right. Or maybe you just fancy a change, but quite often. Don`t worry, and ignore the answer calling you a freak, there`s always one!!!

Rolo
Rating
You could have a compulsive disorder or OCD. There could be lots of strange things you do as a result of this. Try making a list of them all, then rate them from 1 - 10, 1 being the mildest and 10 being the most extreme. Then all you have to do is start to get rid of the things from you list starting at 1. you should try get rid of 1 every 1 to 2 weeks.
Hope this helps!

Ballyskenachgirl
Rating
I agree with that other comment definately sounds like OCD. Theres no two ways about ti go to the doctor and get help. Its a pretty common problem and with the right help can be sorted out. Good Luck

Adze
My daughter`s like also cleans bed rooms every day plus having
a full time job, nearly forgot about her two kids also.Trouble is her
mum is a cleanaholic.may be that`s the answer you`v
inherited the problem.I have put up with it or many many years,dont even notice it now,and if thats whats make them happy,so be it.Same with you just enjoy

mothertiggy
maybe you need to get yourself a hobbie

Lost and found
Do you have a fear of becoming stagnant / getting stuck in a rut? Maybe you need something more stimulating to occupy your mind, something new that will hold your interest.

Sabrina S
nothing is wrong with you. if your boyfriend really truthy loves you he will leaner to put up with it. and can always pray and ask god for help to he will help you out to

The witches cat !
Rating
There's nothing wrong with you (I do it too) I tell hubby it stops excess wear on any one part of the carpet. I think the only thing that would stop us is to move house, somewhere with bigger rooms so you've got more space. I think it's that I'm cramped up, and moving the stuff about makes it look different, and as I always hope 'larger'.
Who knows, maybe we'd still do it in larger spaces too. (It not only confuses my husband, never knowing where something will be next, but the 4 cats too)

Helen
i know what you mean.

i love moving things round - it makes things feel new, and more exciting.

unfortunately - my new sofa is so big it wont fit anywhere but where it is so I have to move ornaments around all the time.

keep doing it! at least you get to hoover underneath things regularly!

genghis41f
My dad does it frequently too. You need to find something to amuse you. Join a social type club or something. Get yourself out of the house.

AQHA34
Rating
I used to do that...alot! Now I just move my baskets, nick knacs, pictures and such around...try that..it seemed to work for me:)

teddybear
Frustration maybe. Why don't you go on a course to learn about home decor and take it up as a career. Lots of people haven't a clue how to organize their home, so there are customers ready and waiting.

daljack -a girl
Rating
My mother did this for years and years.

I think she did it because she didn't have much control over anything else (money problems) but she had control over the furniture.

My dad would come home from work many nights and bump into a piece of furniture that wasn't there that morning. LOL

Chris T
Rating
Try getting a job with a removals company. Get paid for your addiction!

angel
Rating
my family can tell when i stress out or get pissed. i too am a furniture moving freak. not just the living room but every room in the house. it is a very good stress reliever. and it makes me get my frustrations out physically without running ten miles and just fuming inside my head. i have to think about where i want the furniture and the best fit in the room it Will have instead of dwelling on what i am upset about. my family hates it but knows not to get in the way when i am doing it as i would probably lash out at them instead. well good luck hope you don't feel so alone now.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.154
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy