Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How many of you actually like to run?
Besides me. I used to hate it at first, but now I see the pounds dropping fast and my endurance has increased from a 13 minute mile in high school (its ok, you can laugh) to 7 miles in under an hour ...

What is the best way o lose weight?
i am only in 6th grde but i need to lose weight i need any solution. but i cant go threw a diet is the prob i just cant stay with it plz help!!!!!!!!!
Additional Details

Slimfast - does it work?
I've never been on a diet before, but have decided I could do with losing about half a stone. I'm looking at the Slimfast diet - does it work? Have any of you tried it? What sort of ...

What can you do to rev up your metabolism that doesn’t kill you?
The only thing I know that revs up metabolism is smoking and I won't go back to that....

Whats the fastest way to lose wheight?
I'm 5"0" and 13 years old I whiegh 142 I really need to lose wheight can anybody help???
Additional Details
oh yeah I ...

Am I overweight?
I'm 5 foot 8 and 134 pounds. Am I overweight? I don't think I'm that big but I have a health nut as a mom. She hints to me everyday that I'm fat. One day she made me so sad that I ...

Am I at a good weight or are people fooling me???HELP?
I am 13 and am 5'1 at 121-125 pounds. Whenever I look in the mirror I just see a chubby girl, my mom and sis tell me that I am just having illusions in my brain and that I am not fat and that i ...

Do i need to loose weight?
i am 13 and i feel very fat. my friends all think i am skinny. so skinny that they call me anerexic or bulimic just because somtimes i dont eat and somtimes i throw up. i weigh 98-100 pounds an i am 5...

Do you eat breakfast before or after you excerise?

Am I fat? Please tell me honestly. Im 12 years old, 4'8 and I weigh 86 pounds. Please tell me the truth!?

Why do people keep spelling 'lose' as 'loose'?
I know its not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me. It is spelt with 1 'o', not 2
Additional Details
I don't ...

How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?...

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

loveme4me
"do u think its ok 2 be 5"5 and weight 125lb.?"?
"i feel so fat and ppl tell me i look good...
do u think their just saying that?"

Physh
5' 5" 125lbs? Nothing wrong with you, you sound great!

Why is it that all women, even the ones that aren't fat, think they are fat???

Stop reading those stupid fashion magazines...

EightBitHero
that height to weight ratio is perfectly fine.

Truth B
UR-THICK

Maria Conchita
What matters is how you feel. I think it's perfectly acceptable to be 125lbs. at your height. If you feel fat, you should exersize a little to feel better, maybe cut out junk food for a while. I think your friends are telling you the truth. They probably love you just the way you are.

Brian L
Rating
I'm sure you're fine. I'm 5'6" and 145. Of course, my body fat is relatively low, and I feel like I'm in good shape - so you must be in better shape than I.

megan_of_the_swamp
It is perfect to be 5'5" and 125 lbs.

Even according to the body mass index (BMI), you are the perfect healthy weight, and that can be inaccurate and tell people they're overweight depending on how much muscle a person has. In all my experience hearing about people's numbers, though, it does not underestimate.

My guess would be that you're anywhere between 15% and 25% body fat, which is low-normal for a woman. The disparity between numbers comes from the fact that everyone's body composition is different, even taking height and weight into account.

You're fine. At that weight and height, you're probably quite slender. Your friends and other people are not lying. You aren't fat, not by a long shot.

If you're really worried about it and not joking, then you might want to consider talking to a family member or a friend, or getting counselling. Image problems are no fun to have, and there is no point trying to fix yourself when there is nothing wrong.

mrcricket1932
Rating
That is getting close to the top.. anywhere between 115 & 130 would be ideal weight.. depending on body type.. you would be considered a mesomorphic type. Meaning you have a goodly amount of muscle. Muscle has volume and weight.

morganalefay_us
Goodness....I wish I weighed 125lbs.!!!!!! I'm 5'1" and weigh 200lbs.

Yes, I think that that is a great weight for your height. I'm sure that you are asking close friends and family about how you look, and if you are , I am sure that they would be honest with you about your looks...or weight.
Many people look at themselves in the mirror and do not like what They see. If you are that unsure about yourself, please talk to someone you trust. I'm sure your just beautiful the way you are.

asrael_espoir
Rating
i'm about the same height and weight as you and i feel the same way about myself sometimes. don't think people are just telling you that... be confident in yourself and people will feel attracted to you regardless of if you think you're fat or not. and you're not fat, your weight's like average for somebody your height. you wouldn't want to be anorexic right?

bridetobebrandie
At that height you'd be okay at 135. Just chill out!
You look great :) Everybody feels fat, that doesn't mean you are.

K.I.S.S.
Rating
that sounds fine, you should say about how old you are so we could get a better idea.

imsocool
you're an obsessed person. if people always tell you that you look good, then you probably do. if you still have doubts, check a BMI chart

Tortured Soul Suffering Silently
125 is a healthy weight for someone your hieght...if you are really un comfortable I say it would be ok to lose no more then 5 pounds...don't let the barbie doll/size -2 images hurt your self esteem.
Remember: you are a beautiful princess waiting for that gentlemen to make you his queen, and he will love you no matter what.

sanJose_Guy
thats sound perfect , man i love baby phat.

~life sucks~
Rating
I am 5'3 and weigh 120. You got 2 inches on me and 5 lbs. I dont think I'm fat, my husband is obsessed with my body, and noone has ever told me I'm fat. Your fine.

MizzJ
Rating
yea datz fine

sarahchristinejenne
Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 20.8, which is well within normal. Normal is 18.5-24.9. You are neither overweight nor underweight and you're just fine. If you really feel fat, see if you are eating healthy food and have a healthy amount of energy. Exercise for about 30 minutes daily. You will feel healthy that way. If you still feel bad about yourself, talk to people close to you and consider seeing a therapist, because it is very important that you keep a healthy self-image.

hot sauce
you are perfectly fine.
so dont stress.
my friend who is 5'5" weighs 120.
only 5 pounds more. which really isnt that much.
so its all good :)

topekat
Rating
Yes that is a normal healthy wait I used to be 125lbs when i was 16 its healthy and normal im now 31

red_headed_rebel_1
yes its ok i am 5'5 and weigh 135. no their not just sayin that you prouably do look good but i dont know cause i cant see you =)

xzvlkdl
Ahh. I hate people like you.
People that need to be told that they look okay just because they're insecure and don't have any friends. You're not fat, and thank God for it.

Cybeq
Yes, they're just saying that but your height/weight ratio is nothing to be ashamed of. Instead of worrying so much about what other people think you should give more credence to what you think. If you think you're fat, you're fat.

wjlkh
idk but for me it's alomost the same 5"5 & around 115lb
but i think u r ok

Meg
Rating
thats a perfect weight for your height. dont worry.

zerocool
Rating
people wear weight differently. its hard to tell w/o seeing a picture of u

Ask this girl
Rating
that's a perfectly fine weight.
as long as you're fit.
some people are 130 pounds and fit and toned and some are 90 pounds and fat.it's all about how fit and toned you are.

feisty
That is actually ideal..average. You're supposed to multiply your height and inches together..in your case you're a perfect weight. In my case, I'm 3 inches taller than you, and weigh 10 lbs less..so you don't want to be underweight...but I have to be.

all the same eternity
thats the ideal weight for that height hun. stop thinking you are fat just b/c you ate a potato chip...be realistic

wo
Rating
no thats okay

mominshoe
Rating
yes- you are fine! 125 is the average for my height and I am 5'3'!!

Don G
Rating
I am but one man, but sounds PERFECT to me!! I have always dated girls just like that.

The right guy for you will be looking for you, if you look like someone else, Mr Right will pass you by!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy