Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best way o lose weight?
i am only in 6th grde but i need to lose weight i need any solution. but i cant go threw a diet is the prob i just cant stay with it plz help!!!!!!!!!
Additional Details

Slimfast - does it work?
I've never been on a diet before, but have decided I could do with losing about half a stone. I'm looking at the Slimfast diet - does it work? Have any of you tried it? What sort of ...

What can you do to rev up your metabolism that doesn’t kill you?
The only thing I know that revs up metabolism is smoking and I won't go back to that....

Whats the fastest way to lose wheight?
I'm 5"0" and 13 years old I whiegh 142 I really need to lose wheight can anybody help???
Additional Details
oh yeah I ...

Am I overweight?
I'm 5 foot 8 and 134 pounds. Am I overweight? I don't think I'm that big but I have a health nut as a mom. She hints to me everyday that I'm fat. One day she made me so sad that I ...

Am I at a good weight or are people fooling me???HELP?
I am 13 and am 5'1 at 121-125 pounds. Whenever I look in the mirror I just see a chubby girl, my mom and sis tell me that I am just having illusions in my brain and that I am not fat and that i ...

Do i need to loose weight?
i am 13 and i feel very fat. my friends all think i am skinny. so skinny that they call me anerexic or bulimic just because somtimes i dont eat and somtimes i throw up. i weigh 98-100 pounds an i am 5...

Do you eat breakfast before or after you excerise?

Am I fat? Please tell me honestly. Im 12 years old, 4'8 and I weigh 86 pounds. Please tell me the truth!?

Why do people keep spelling 'lose' as 'loose'?
I know its not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me. It is spelt with 1 'o', not 2
Additional Details
I don't ...

How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?...

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

s. weatherly <3
Is she anorexic?
My daughter is 15 years old, 5'6" but weighs 130 lbs. Only 2 1/2 weeks ago she weighed 154 lbs. She refuses to eat, has passed out once from it, and if I make her eat she purges. She constantly complains of being fat and cuts and burns. She has strange food rituals too, she will play with her food, won't eat at all if any of it is touching, and cuts everything into tiny ant size peices. Seriously, she cut up a green pea. She has been depressed for a while now. We have been to evaluations, but she refuses to go back. She has been really pale and weak lately, and doesn't want to do anything, but then randomly get a quick burst of energy and is happy-ish again. She has never done drugs, drank, or smoked before at all. And I know for a fact this isn't one of those stupid attention things. What should I do?

cortes
i'm not sure

wakey wakey eggs n bakey
Rating
oh wow this isnt good. you really need to get her some help. it really sounds like she is aneroxic

=)
Rating
She is def. anorexic. Call a doctor and if you can, talk over the phone. Hopefully the doctor could help you from there.
Good luck.

Hope I helped. =)

odam
Yes, it sounds like she is anorexic. She needs professional help. Good luck.

foxypaws17
get her to a docter she may have its vitle u do befor it esculates

Terry H
if she isnt eating she may be

Natalie
Rating
give her some therapy or send her to the doctor. you should explain to her that she's hurting herself and you dont want to see her hurt herself. i dont really think shes anorexic since she weighs over 100 pounds. i was thinking maybe she put herself on a strict diet.

blue-eyes99
It is an eating disorder, probably caused by depression. Tell her how pretty she looked even before she stopped eating and maybe take her out shopping. Talk to a psychologist about it too.

There Are No Best Answers
Rating
Yep, the girl has issues.

pearl_hoff
yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!! get he r help now! i was once a long time ago please get her help now

+NiNi+
Rating
she's obviously depressed.
help her as soon as you can.
consult a doctor again.

anssicotte77586
take her to a doctor and force her to be examined.
you are the adult and need to make sure she is healthy.
do whatever you need to make sure she is healthy.
she definitely needs counseling and so so you.
don't let any more time pass because you could loose your daughter.
good luck from a mom to another mom.

Chris J
she is either anorexic or belimic, i can tell you that much. i think that you need to FORCE her to go to a self-help class. its the only way to garuntee she will get better, even just a little bit. ur the parent, stop acting like a ***** and DO SOMETHING, get proactive.

heels over head
Rating
yes.

put her in one of those rehab facilities only for people with eating disorders. this will eventually kill her. and no offense but she hasn't done drugs, drank, or smoked that you know of. teens hide a lot of things and they hide it well, i would know.

BuBbleZ
wow if she is having problems like this talk 2 a docto b/c this can b serious,some people die from being anorexic=not to scare you but it's true=talk to a doctor immediatley!!!!=/

xninjagurl
she has some type of eating disorder.
get help for her.
make her go.
she will thank you in the long run

Kris L
See if you can't get your daughter put into a hospital setting for a 'three day evaluation' of her mental health. Do it TODAY if at all possible, but by the end of next week. Your daughter is NOT 'anorexic' but she does have a SEVERE eating disorder, and that is compounded by the fact that she also has a severe clinical depression going on. YOUR DAUGHTER NEEDS TO BE HOSPITALIZED to get to the 'bottom' of her problems and give her hope for a better life. I'm sorry to tell you this, but if you don't take care of this NOW your daughter could DIE. I'm a psychologist, I know ... take her to the hospital ... get her admitted. The 'weight loss' should be enough to get them to admit her.

L a y L a J a n e
If it gets that bad you need to take her to the doctors its bad for her health if she doesnt eat
but if she does eat then its okay because i am 5"7 and weigh 6stone13
and i can eat for the whole of england ;)but good luck in what you do :)
hope things gett better

maryann =D
Rating
Its sounds like she has a eating disorder i would look it up on the web and she if she has the symptoms

silly goose
Rating
omg i knwo this is bad but tat much in 2 weeks!
im trying it!
but ya its not normal
but i'll do anything to loose wieght tat fast!

Jezibelle
I am 15, and weigh about 130 lbs., and am not quite 5' tall, I am not chubby, but I am not super skinny either. Judging by that and the fact that you can't get her to eat confirms that she is Anorexic. The best thing you can do is get it through her head that she will die soon if she doesn't eat. At her weight and height there is no way in hell that she is fat, it is a body immage issue, did she used to be a little chubby, because if so, she might not be quite used to her slimmer body, and still be under the impression that she needs to loose weight. I have lost about 20 lbs over the last year by just changing my eating habbits, but I didn't do anything drastic or dangerous, and it was always my parents wnting me to slim down, it was nt so much an internal insecurity for me. I hope you are getting the point, it is that your daughter needs to realize she could be seriously hurting herself, and it might not hurt to mention that being so skinny as to the point of looking sick is a real turn off for guys. Taking her to counseling probably is just making her more anxious and depressed, I wouldn't want to have some stranger staring at me for an hour and a half taking notes, and making me fell uncomforable with a conversation about my eating problem. The best thing you can do is talk to her friends somehow and advocate them to help her. She will stop acting this way if her friends think it is not so cool. Good luck with her.

Elli
At a last resort tell your daughter she needs to get a check up with the doctor. when you get there sit down with your daughter and the doctor and explain what has been going on. That should help.

angelina kay =)
yes.
get a therepist
take her to the doctors
she needs help.

James M
Rating
Yes it does sound like she is, but there is definately more going on than just that. Sounds like an external trigger from somewhere (maybe a bully or bullies, etc).

Call these people:
National Eating Disorder Information Centre: 1-866-633-4220

They can hopefully get you pointed in the right direction. Do it now. It sounds like the eating isn't her only issue and the sooner you can get into some FAMILY and solo counselling for her the better. Be ready to hear things you don't want to hear, and do not be judgemental with whatever she tells you. She will need alot of support to get past this.

edit: sorry didn't notie she's been to evals. That's not enough. Talk to her doctor and you are likely ging to have to force her to get help. You are the adult and you need to enforce your position as a parent. You are going to hear alot of "I hate you", but would you rather hear that or a doctor saying "I'm sorry, we did all we could...."?

Beeeeee : )
She definitely has an eating disorder. I know a lot of people who have gone through the same mannerisms, and it's the sort of thing that should be targeted immediately. Perhaps a psychologist could help, although a nutritionist would be your best investment. I know it's going to be difficult to get her to go, but it's the only way.

Best wishes ; )

Katiee
Rating
She may be? I am not a doctor, but I'd say something is not right. I'm sorry. Best Of Luck

Precious Gem
Rating
Your daughter is suffering from some eating disorders plus some emotional disorders. What she need is professional and medical help.
Please get her to her doctor right away and as
for a referral for a therapist that specializes in
eating disorders. Do this right away if you want
to keep her alive.

Aminah L
Rating
Yes she shows symptoms of anorexia. Dont attack her and start yelling to confront her because then she will go crazy because of a lack of endorphins, this may cause her to pass out because her body has no energy. The little happy energetic bursts are a sublyminal message she is sending to you and herself that this is not hurting her. The best way to deal with this is to get her to a doctor immediately! But remember be gental, its crucial.

elliotwalker@ymail.com
it sounds liek she is im sorry passing out and cutting up food (to make it seem to yourself your eating less) are clear signs of anorexia also the weakness and laziness are to especially if she is sleeping really late and like to parade around the house when she does eat she probably needs to first go to a psychiatrist and they can probably recommend treatment facilitates and methods

MK
Call your doctor. It might be early enough to stop this before it gets really bad and deadly.

Vickie01001
Rating
Your daughter has a serous eating disorder and you need to get her help right away. This can permanently damage her or lead to DEATH is this goes on. I am speaking from experience. Two years ago I went into the hospital for Anerexia and I was reluctent because I was convinced I was the picture of health when I was really a bag of bones. She doesn't see the real her in the mirror. I know how your daughter feels. She doesn't realize how she looks or how this is affecting her. So no matter what she says you HAVE to take action because she doesn't realize what she can do to herself. Losing 24 pds in 2 1/2 weeks is suicidal especially for a girl her age. She NEEDS to be eating at this age. She needs to know the risks, her period could permanently stop meaining she could never have babies. Having a talk with her or telling her this stuff won't do any good. Her mind isn't working right when she is in this state. She needs to be admitted to the hospital. No matter how much I hated my mom when she admitted me I realize now how much she helped me and I would have definitely been dead if it wasn't for her admitting me. Don't feel bad when your daughter gets mad at you, just know that soon she will thank you when she gets her mind back, it might take awhile but with help and support from everyone your daughter will get better. Does your daughter have mood swings or is acting depressed? That is a classic eating disorder symptom. It is the eating disorder that is making your daughter unhappy. Maybe your daughter was a little chubby and felt she needed to lose weight, discuss that with her. Tell her that it would be okay to go on a diet but she obviously doesn't know what a diet is because what she is doing is suicide not a diet. Once she gets help then she can tell you what weight she wants to be and you can help her get to that as long as its nothing to low. But whatever you do, please as soon as possible get her to the hospital because I'm sure the doctors will want to admit her right away when they see her. It is very easy to tell if a person has an eating disorder when you see them and believe me the doctors will know. Don't wait any longer, as soon as possible, today even! Drag her if you have to! If you love your daughter you have to do this for her, she needs to be healthy, she needs to live! In your daughters eyes all she can think is "IM SOOOO FAT! I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!", and in her eyes she will do anything for that, and she thinks starving herself is a perfectly good way to lose weight because she is so fat that this is her only way out but she doesn't think you'll understand if she tells you what shes doing because she knows you'll think its an eating disorder but to her its not an eating disorder but in reality it is! I know its confusing and hard to understand but believe me, your daughter needs help. Eventually she'll come to her senses. And when she gets out of the hospital don't be fooled if she was eating there to make them happy, keep an eye on her and if she starts again then admit her again if you have to. When I got out I use to hide my food so stay clear of that, she may seem better but you don't really become better right away after you start eating, it is a mental more than physical problem. To be normal again is to except your body completely. I am still struggling with it today after 2 years but I do have a right mind and I realize what I did was wrong. I am lucky, some girls struggle with it all there lives and get better and relapse, get better and relapse. I don't want that to be your daughter because having an eating disorder is truly horrible. There is not a second that your daughter isn't obsessing about food, thats how it is when you have an eating disorder. Get your daughter to a hospital NOW! I wish you all my blessings for your daughter, may god help her. Good luck. If you have anymore questions please feel free to email me at my email adress Lovelygirlox@aim.com
I really wish you the best, and I am so sorry for your daughter, whatever you do don't blame her. Its not her fault. What she needs right now is love and support.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy