Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

What can you do to rev up your metabolism that doesn’t kill you?
The only thing I know that revs up metabolism is smoking and I won't go back to that....

Whats the fastest way to lose wheight?
I'm 5"0" and 13 years old I whiegh 142 I really need to lose wheight can anybody help???
Additional Details
oh yeah I ...

Am I overweight?
I'm 5 foot 8 and 134 pounds. Am I overweight? I don't think I'm that big but I have a health nut as a mom. She hints to me everyday that I'm fat. One day she made me so sad that I ...

Am I at a good weight or are people fooling me???HELP?
I am 13 and am 5'1 at 121-125 pounds. Whenever I look in the mirror I just see a chubby girl, my mom and sis tell me that I am just having illusions in my brain and that I am not fat and that i ...

Do i need to loose weight?
i am 13 and i feel very fat. my friends all think i am skinny. so skinny that they call me anerexic or bulimic just because somtimes i dont eat and somtimes i throw up. i weigh 98-100 pounds an i am 5...

Do you eat breakfast before or after you excerise?

Am I fat? Please tell me honestly. Im 12 years old, 4'8 and I weigh 86 pounds. Please tell me the truth!?

Why do people keep spelling 'lose' as 'loose'?
I know its not a big deal but it bugs the hell out of me. It is spelt with 1 'o', not 2
Additional Details
I don't ...

How did you lose your weight?
How did you lose your weight? How much were you how much are you now? Any tips about maintaining your wieght? And whats some good advice to be ten punds lighter?...

Is this a healthy lunch for someone on a diet?
Salad mixed with a peice of chicken (skinless) mixed in.
And maybe some spinach on the side??

Or should I just have on or the other?
Additional Details

Is popcorn fattening?
Is the movie theater popcorn fattening? I don't get butter on it. Also is orvelle redenbackers popcorn fattening i eat the light butter kind. I am trying to tighten my stomach and my upper chest....

Please answer!!!!!!!?
height : a little over 5 ft
weight :about 120 lbs (54kg)
body frame : medium

am i overweight or am i ok for the moment?
Additional Details

I'm 18 about 5 6 and weigh 120 is that ok?
I'm just curious what is the average weight for a female my age and my height....

Ladies, what are the best ways to lose weight?
I'm a size 16 to 18 and would really like to lose some weight - I've already come down a bit, I was a 20 at one point, so I'm dead pleased but now I just need to lose a bit more, maybe ...

Is this person anorexic or naturally thin?
Is this person anorexic or naturally thin? I have a feeling he's only joking around being anorexic on his blog (i emailed him and that's what he said and he also said he doesnt have an ...

Help and please don't make fun of me?
iam 12 i weight 180.5 and am over weight HELP me i want to look skinny also am 5'7 please help i am so unhealthy
Additional Details

Do you really get fat after high school?
hi,
the picture below is me as of now...
im 17, 5'3, and about 111 lbs. i play softball and soccer almost year around. i swim constantly throughout the summer. i LOVE junk food. i can ...

Am i annorexic?
i used to be happy with my self.. but recently many things have just gone bad in my life and i dont have anycontrol of them
the only thing i can control is my body
lately iv been eating ...

I wish to stop smoking pot but will i get fat if a do?
as smoking pot speeds up your matabalisom I am coNcernd if i stop smoking pot and eat the same 3 meals a day as i do allready will i get fat as my matabalisom will be much slower
Additional D...

Is it bad to weigh 89 pounds and be i the 8th grade?

Additional Details
im bout 5'1...

blah
How mush weight to you lose by not eating for a month and working out?
well i really want to lose weight and i was thinking about not eating for a while. i run every day. so i was wondering how much would i lose?
anything helps

thnx

i_need_help
that is not the answer. if you exercise every day then you only need to eat healthily. if it makes you feel better then calorie count and eat a lot of fruit and vegetables.
not eating would not help as when you decide to eat again you will put it all back on and more so i do not recommend that option.
joining a slimming class could also help to motivate you.
i hope you choose what is right for you

batsqween
Rating
None. You will prolly gain weight. You need vitamins. And its not worth killing yourself over.

bumblebee
Rating
Not eating for a month will end all your weight problems......forever

Manny
r u looking to die anytime soon?

Renee C
Rating
None... Your body will eventually stop reacting. You will lose pounds by not eating, and your body will come to a stand still.

fhcpinkrox
are you crazy? u need to eat!

sarge927
Rating
You'll lose all of it, and you'll lose your life. Remember the rule of threes: 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, or 3 weeks without food will kill you.

Jaime's voting for McCain!
Honestly that's a silly idea! How do you plan on getting your energy for even just the simple things during the day? Studies have found that people who ate a nice good size breakfast such as eggs and toast lost more weight compared to those who ate nothing or very little. You need to eat to not only have energy, but to also keep your metabolism up which is what you need to lose the weight. I understand wanting fast results, but you need to eat and exercise to stay healthy and in good shape. Other wise your kidneys could fail from not eating. Your body will go into starvation mode which is not a good thing at all. And when you do decide to eat anything again, you'll gain weight again. Mainly b/c your body won't know when it'll get food again. Don't starve yourself, please!

mchenryas
in the first few days of not eating your body's metabolism drops to an all time low meaning it's conserving as much as it can, it is eating away your muscle for energy because it is an excellent source of it. Eventually you will be too tired and exhausted to work out, or run, after a couple weeks you will die. But if you start eating again your metabolism will be so low that you will gain back all the weight you lost and them some.

making an unhealthy move, losing muscle, and gaining more weight let alone feeling tired and exhausted all the time=bad idea

Ice Y
Trust me. You want to eat. There are some great eating plans out their to help you lose wieght. The best I have found is "Body for LIfe" you can get the book for pretty cheap through ebay or at most book stores.

If you get your metabolism up (through excercise) it won't matter how much you eat. In fact, eating more can even help you lose wieght at times.

mr know it all
dont just not eat thats not heathly! plus its been proven that if you dont eat for awile then you eat sumthing your body turns all the food that you ate into fat so you actualy gain weight but if you eat healthy then that will help along with exercise

Gwen M
You would lose quite a bit but dont push your body past its limits. a person can only go so long with out eating.try Smart Ones but dont go past 2.5 grams of fat. and drink lost of water so you can " flush out " the fat.

- hope i helped!!

ŕ®?AmAnDaŕ®?
Rating
You gain weight when you don't eat. Your body isn't getting any food so it holds onto the fat you have... try eating a balanced diet. High fiber low carbs. eat 6 small meals instead of 3 big meals. and don't eat past 8PM. don't starve yourself! it will just lead to you looking like shi*!

John H
how much would you lose?

your life

Sarah L
i dont think its a good idea you starve yourself. if you dident eat for a mounth you would have serious health problems

volleyball_lover916
Whatever you do, do NOT stop eating!!!!!!!!!!! Eat healthy foods, such as fresh fruits and vegetables. Also, you can exercise every day. You should talk to your doctor about other weight loss methods. JUST DON'T STOP EATING!

stella
today's media is faced on a "perfect" scale and it is affecting many people out there today. To tell you the truth, you do not need or supposed to go a whole month without eating and on top of that to work out while fasting. That can kill you and also bring upon high risks of diabetes. The sugars, calories, and fats you get from certain foods, help you when you exercise because you have something to burn off. Please do not go a whole month without eating I beg you. =] On a healthier note, eat healthy and make sure you take in a good amount of calories so it can speed up your metabolism and give you the best results. Good Luck

Rating
If you don't eat, your body has to get protein from somewhere, so it starts to eat your muscle tissue. Not eating is not the way to lose weight.

Zeer
For a month? Yeah, you'll die. Your body will also go into lock-down mode, assume there's no food to be found, and your metabolism will slow down to nothing. Your body will consume more muscle than fat. You'll find, within a week, that you have no strength. You'll lose weight, but none of it will be fat - it will all be muscle.

R42
Alot of weight but of course the moment you start eating again that is if you don't die you would gain all the weight that you lost back again. just keep running but also just eat healthier and maybe decrease your portion intake this way you will get the result you are looking for but you will be healthy at the same time.

Kairi
Rating
Not to be rude but you don't lose much at all. I've tried it..

brian.casler
sounds like you should try it for a couple of months to see the full effects! its a dropping strategy, so good you'll die over it!

alicia
Anorexia is terrible for you. Humans can survive about 30 days with no food at all. Then you die.

You could loose a drastic amount of weight, which would be BAD for you. Your body would suffer malnutrition and you would die.

The secret to losing weight is to eat good-portioned, healthy meals, and the right amount of exercise. Seventeen magazine has many articles on how to live healthy, eating well and getting exercise.

You will also have no energy. You need protein and carbs to give your body energy. Since you'd not be eating at all, you'll get none of those and have a lack of energy.

And before you do, don't consider binging and purging. Not only is it nasty, your body absorbs the nutrition within the first five minutes. You'd literally have to eat and then immediately throw up.

Talk to your doctor about losing weight. She or he will know how much you should lose while remaining healthy, and he or she will be able to tell you the best ideas for YOUR body.

katina
you should also eat vegetables & fruits.
:)

Daniele S
to tell you the truth you would loose a ton of weight but put your self in a very very very unhealthy position
by not eating all you are doing is losing muscle mass witch mean you are not losing fat you are just making yourself less strong and killing yourself

Audrina P
This is a true fact the less you eat the more you gain if you eat nothing and one day you eat just one pretzle or somehting and not eat for a while after that your body will soak up all the calories and fat and multiplky them by 10 wich will make you gain more wieght so i would eat just eat healthy

Alex V
Up to 40kgs.

Of course, you'd also be dead.

Pureheaven xxxx
Rating
you would die, how thick is that idea i've heard it all now

Steph
Seriously?
You're going to die!
If you're going to run everyday and not eat for a month, you'll die even faster..

ProfessorK
Rating
If you seriously eat nothing for a month, then you will die.

Bein' cheeky, are ye?!
Rating
well, enough to kill you most likely

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy