Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy....

Some fun facts about breakfast tht i can say in a presentation?
I have to motivate people to eat ...

I am 5'5'' and i weigh 102 pounds is that over weight?

I need to lose weight fast!! Can someone tell me something that works?
I need help and advice how to lose about 15 to 20 pounds in 30 days and i am 130lb. ...

Can anorexia effect my body?
i dont want to hurt my body, but i think this might be a last resort. i know this might make me unhealthy but it is the only way i can think of to lose weight. HELP!...

When on a serious diet, what are the best liquids to drink everyday? And which vitamins?

How can i lose some weight fast?
I have a big dance coming up, and i want to look nice. So i need to lose some weight, ive changed my diet and started working out more but nothing has happened. Any suggestions?...

Is lemonade Healthy Or Not?

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?...

They say to eat every two hrs .....is that a good thing to try?

Should I starve myself since I'm so fat & greedy?
I haven't eaten all day, & I'm 5'2" & almost 300 lbs. Every time I eat, people call me greedy. & even when I eat alone, I feel guilty after eating, like I done ...

How can i lose weight in my thighs?
ok, today george and damien were teasing me about my disproportionate thighs. how do i tone them?...

What exercise burns the most calories in 10 minutes?
I need to lose 800 calories in 10 minutes. The laxatives aren't working!...

I want to loose a lot of weight!!! HELP!!!?
Im 15 years old.......im 5 foot 8 inches and weigh 220 pounds
Im looking 4 a good way to loose weight......as in 50 lbs!!!
Help please!!!11...

I am overweight...?
pleassee..suggest me exercises that will help to reduce my weight(other than skipping,pushups,situps..)and also a good diet ...

Hannah
Is it true that...?
If you suffer from bulimia, even if you're still at a healthy weight, your periods stop?

Don't worry, just curious!

xxx

Cari
Your percentage body fat needs to be about 17% for your menstrual cycle to be regular. So even if you're bulmic, so long as you have above about 17% body fat, you should still have periods. Cessation of periods is much more likely to occure with anorexia than bulimia - but bulimia then also comes with other problems that anorexia hasn't.

If you want to read more about bulimia or anorexia you can go to

Julia Gulia ♥♥♥ drama QUEEN
Rating
no

Rachel D
a lot of the time, yes. You also perminantly damage your stomach and intestinal area, and can coz decay to the teeth as well as damag/infection to the throat.

Dark Crusader
can do but also if you are overweight too. fibroids can attack any female at any age so if you are really worried go to the doctors and get her/him to check you over

geriann81
yes your periods can stop if you'e bulimic even if you are in the healthy weight range.
the binging and purging effects you're body a great deal.
esp' the purging because it's depriving you body of the nutrients it needs.

i lost my periods when my BMI was 19, which is in the lower end of healthy range...that was when i was anorexic...althought technically ednos with anorexic tendencies.

i regained my periods when i had a BMI of around 23, which is about the medium part of the healthy range.

daisyflower_x
Rating
Erm i think i happens when you lose to much weight, or gain to much weight.
Some people who weight 4 stone have no periods, some who weight 32 stone, periods stop.

It all depends on the person i think
x

Carmen
No i dont think its true, My best friend has been bulimic for a few years not--Ive been trying to get her to stop-- and her period has never stopped once. Though sometimes her period does come late. I hoped that helped.

Jillian
I know from years of experience this is not true. As long as you are not severely underweight you will have periods.

Bluegray
Check this site, they have lots of article about eating disorders. I hope they can help you..

stephers
It varies, some athletes don't get periods. It's not a rule but it can stop even if you're at a healthy weight.

alexinscarborough
Rating
Ask John Prescott. He suffered from bulemia and he's also a c**t.

bekkahh
Rating
I'm not completely sure
but I think it might, as it is due to hormone changes that the period is lost

Zafira
i agree with that... bulimia is another simptome that anorexia...

and the periods stops in anorexia, not in bulimia

see ya cuz

thatguy
no

YOUR A SNITCH
Rating
no thats anorexia

Kristine T
Any time that your body is not getting the proper nutrients it needs your period will act up. Sometimes a person has not been bulimic for long enough to really loose weight or maybe was overweight to begin with but their body is still laking the proper nutrients. Even being sick for a short period of time can alter the timing of your period.

bouncer bobtail
If your weight isn't reducing, then it is highly unlikely that your periods would stop completely.

Anorexics lose their periods because the body shuts down wasteful activity when facing starvation.

In the case of bullemia there is a possibility of a vitamin difficiency reducing the frequency of periods. That would depend on the particular eating and vomiting habbits of the individual concerned.

Trina
Rating
Beware, I may include too much information in this answer, haha.

For a while I seem to have been struggling with bulimia, and while I'm at a perfectly healthy weight (a little on the chubby side in my opinion), I haven't had a period for about two months. I don't know if it has anything to do with my frequent purging or just because as a teenager I'm not really regular yet.

I don't know if that answers your question, but that's my experience of the matter. Anorexia can cause your periods to stop, bulimia apparently can make them irregular, but not stop completely. I figure that's what happened to mine, but who knows?

SexiAlly♥
ya also if ur anorexic or workout to much to were ur underweight then yes

trinkaball
Rating
It could very well be true for some. It is caused from putting the body through stress and sends mixed signals to the brain, throwing the body into a shock (so to speak) which makes your cycle stop. I hope this helped you. Good Luck!

Malinos
Rating
All physical changes can affect your period.

Rhianna
Rating
No, your body goes into famine mode if food is restricted and you become too underweight. It is also the body's natural way of a) preserving energy b) telling you it's not the right time to get pregnant as one would be unhealthy if they were too under weight.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy