Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?...

They say to eat every two hrs .....is that a good thing to try?

Should I starve myself since I'm so fat & greedy?
I haven't eaten all day, & I'm 5'2" & almost 300 lbs. Every time I eat, people call me greedy. & even when I eat alone, I feel guilty after eating, like I done ...

How can i lose weight in my thighs?
ok, today george and damien were teasing me about my disproportionate thighs. how do i tone them?...

What exercise burns the most calories in 10 minutes?
I need to lose 800 calories in 10 minutes. The laxatives aren't working!...

I want to loose a lot of weight!!! HELP!!!?
Im 15 years old.......im 5 foot 8 inches and weigh 220 pounds
Im looking 4 a good way to loose weight......as in 50 lbs!!!
Help please!!!11...

I am overweight...?
pleassee..suggest me exercises that will help to reduce my weight(other than skipping,pushups,situps..)and also a good diet ...

Is 117 pounds over weight if ur 5'2?

I'm 14 years old and I'm 5'5" and weigh 116,will I get taller?
I am 14 years old and weigh between 114-117. i'm wondering if i'll get any taller because i don't really want to. do you think 5'5" is way too tall for being 14?
A...

Im 14 yrs old, 5'7, and i weigh 195 pounds what should i do?

Im dieting and have been getting less than 1,000 calories per day - is that healthy?
It isn't like I'm not eating food - I just am eating food without many calories or fat grams. My boyfriend keeps saying that my body is starving since I've only been eating 400-500 ...

Am i fat??
im 15 yrs i weigth 180 and im 5'5

i was 188 in september
in december i was 186
and now im 180

i dont even know how i lost 6 pounds from december to january

How should I get fatter, I'm really skinny but eat all my food groups (including junk) ?
I'm not ...

Desserts/snacks???
i like to snack more then eat meals. i still make sure i eat enough calories to stay healthy but not gain weight ect.ect..any good snacks and desserts other then the usual fruit, yogurt, and jello?...

What is the best way to get rid of stomach, side and back fat around the middle section?

I am 300 pounds and I really want to lose at least 50 pounds by December.?
I am 18 and 300 pounds and I really want to lose 50 pounds before the end of the year. I am a naturally big build and athletic, although I am do have quite a lot of fat on my frame. My main goal is ...

I hate to run, what is a different cardio exercise that will keep me motivated and lose pounds ?

questions
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday?
Is it healthy if I ate Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich everyday for breakfast AND lunch (with a cup of milk)? It's quick, easy, cheap, and good.

I use Smucker's Goober Strawberry/Grape Peanut Butter and Jelly.

I also use Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat

and I drink Oak Farm's white milk..., the Borden milk cartons they have at school..., and/or occasionally the Kroger's/CVS brand milk.

For dinner, I'd eat homemade food such as rice with usually meat and vegetables of some kind.

Any suggestions, if any?

Isai
Rating
Peanut butter is nasty yo, AND it looks nasT as well. It looks like what comes out of my rear end when I go to the bathroom, 1 or 2wice a day ;)

Freeway Ricky Ross
Rating
Im hungry

Toadsputum
Rating
The goober pbaj has a ton of sugar and high fructose corn syrup. I would switch to an all natural, no sugar added jam and natural peanut butter. If you are set on having two pbaj sandwiches per day (which I am thinking might get old fast) also include a yogurt and a piece of fruit.

Scribblez
i cn tell u somethin that is real bad 4 u!

chocolateluva232
Rating
its not UNhealthy to eat pb&j, but if your eating it twice a day, that isnt good at all

mikelite
I'd say no, it's not "healthy" you're probably getting too much refined sugar, carbs & too much fat. Everyday is probably too often. But, that being said, everyone's body handles food differently. I had a friend who lost 20 lbs by just eating bagels everyday. How's your cholesterol? overweight? All that factors in.

♫Mr. Kite♫
Rating
"It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" No, but seriously, don't you get tired of the same old thing ALL THE TIME. It's healthy...but boring! If that's what you like though then go ahead.

OriginJM
Suggestions? Nah, that looks great. You might want to change it to 2% milk though. I did it YEARS ago and cannot drink whole milk anymore. It's good for you, so keep it going.

ihaveyouranswer
My husband is a personal trainer and he says that it is ok as long as it isn't on white bread, he says tuna is also cheap and that is something else to eat that's good for you.
I'm a nurse and I know that too much peanut butter can cause gout so be careful.

http://www.drmirkin.com/archive/6826.html

I love my baby boy!
Peanut butter is high in fat content. So is whole milk.

Kandiii♥
Rating
Yes it would be ok, but the jelly isnt that great for you..why not eat a banana and peanut butter sandwich everyday. They are YUMMYYY

LALA
If you really like PB & J then try making a few simple changes in the meal. Go for whole grain bread breads with added nutrients and jelly with less sugar content. Also, try drinking a lighter version of milk which is better for your heart and blood stream. If you don't mind changing one of those 2 meals of PB & J, try something else that's easy and cheap. Pop tarts, bagels and cream cheese, Eggo waffles, and other foods can usually be bought in bulk for a good price and you can fix them in about 5 min for breakfast. If your looking for something different for lunch, you can try taking left overs from dinner in a plastic tuperwear container. If you take things that you like to eat cold you won't have to worry about finding a microwave Or if there is a microwave available, you can eat a warm meal=]

stayathomemami
Rating
If you want to be more healthy, you can use a jelly that uses only fruit to sweeten instead of high fructose corn syrup. You can also use a peanut butter that is natural-not sweetened with sugar. You can drink milk with no hormones or even better organic. I would make sure your bread does not have high fructose corn syrup as an ingredient-surprisingly, most do!

If you want some other healthy food choices-try including some fruits, cereal (high fiber, no high fructose corn syrup), nutrigrain pancakes or waffles, luncheon meats without nitrates, pastas, the list can go on.

So, now you have some healthy choices should you decide to stay with your pbj or if you want to venture out. Good Luck!

Boog
Rating
I have a lot of Suggestions!

PB&J is FULL of Sugar, oil and Fat.
& Rice for dinner is FULL of Carbs!!

Here is what I would suggest-
B'Fast- Have a Egg White Sandwich (Still easy to make) with Milk - Use whole GRAIN Bread- its much better.

Lunch- Sandwich like Turkey or something low fat

and Dinner- Have Meats and Veggies... Skip the Rice!

Judy B
Rating
Add some fruit and veggies. Half a banana on the sandwich, an apple/orange/grapes/berries on the side or carrots/ pepper sticks/ broccoli florets. Aim for 3-4 servings of fruit daily along with 4-6 servings of veggies.

Peanut butter is a good source of protein but a little high in fat, use 2% or skim milk to balance.

Rebekah
Sounds pretty good to me, maybe you should add some fruit and veg to those meals. Five a day, you know. I would also change your brand of pb and jelly to something without all those extra ingredients that aren't needed.

F. L
Smuckers isn't the lightest jelly around

Everything else sounds ok.

Try apple jelly lighter and Smuckers peanutbutter less calories

Tiger
Rating
You can possibly add to this diet. You def need to take a multivitamin so that you get what your not getting in your meals.

Forgotten♥Angel
Rating
That sounds like fun I would do it every other day so I wouldn't get tired of it that easy
all this talk about food is making me hungry : )

JennDawg
Rating
There's nothing wrong with it but you should try to incorporate other food groups in there.

alvaro
Rating
It's okay if it's only a temporary diet. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are healthy. However, they do not contain all the nutrients necessary for your body.

Fannie, baby aboard!
You may miss some vitamins in your diet. Plus, I think the jelly's sugar may be a little more calorific then needed.
If I may suggest here is a website that makes a menu and a grocery list made for you : soscuisine.com
all meals listed there come with lots of details (nutritional infos, time in kitchen, calories per serving, etc) and all recipes a low priced (less then 5$ by meal)
You can choose to have a menu made for 1, 2, 3 or more people. If you're alone, you can choose 1 for one portion of everything or 2 if you want some leftovers. Recipes taste good and are healthy!!!
Look it out, it's free. And it makes eating a little easier. And surely healthier than peanut butter & jelly :D

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy