Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Im 14 yrs old, 5'7, and i weigh 195 pounds what should i do?

Im dieting and have been getting less than 1,000 calories per day - is that healthy?
It isn't like I'm not eating food - I just am eating food without many calories or fat grams. My boyfriend keeps saying that my body is starving since I've only been eating 400-500 ...

Am i fat??
im 15 yrs i weigth 180 and im 5'5

i was 188 in september
in december i was 186
and now im 180

i dont even know how i lost 6 pounds from december to january

How should I get fatter, I'm really skinny but eat all my food groups (including junk) ?
I'm not ...

Desserts/snacks???
i like to snack more then eat meals. i still make sure i eat enough calories to stay healthy but not gain weight ect.ect..any good snacks and desserts other then the usual fruit, yogurt, and jello?...

What is the best way to get rid of stomach, side and back fat around the middle section?

I am 300 pounds and I really want to lose at least 50 pounds by December.?
I am 18 and 300 pounds and I really want to lose 50 pounds before the end of the year. I am a naturally big build and athletic, although I am do have quite a lot of fat on my frame. My main goal is ...

I hate to run, what is a different cardio exercise that will keep me motivated and lose pounds ?

Im a big girl and want to lose weight?
im a bout 250 i dont eat alot i been the same size for a bout 4 years now what can i do to lose a ...

Is this healthy weight for a 7th grader?
well im in 7th grade and i weigh 111 pounds. i used to wiegh like 107 and that was 3 days ago. but when i wieghed mself. it was in the night time and i ate 10 to 15 minutes before i wieghed myself. ...

Do you lose weight by drinking lots of water?
............if so, how much water shoul i drink and how much weight could i lose?...

What is the funnest way to lose weight for girls???

What is an easy way to stop smoking?

If i drink lots of water, regularly, will i get used to it and not go the toilet as much?

If someone starves themselves, not eating but drinking, how long is it before they start to lose weight?

Additional Details
I just want to add that this is a general question and I am not planning to do anything like this!...

I'm getting BIG!!!!i'm 32 y.o.,5'3'' in height and im beginning to gain weight...(130lbs)OH my GOD!
What would be the best exercise fo a married woman like me w/ 3 kids???im a 24/7 fulltime mom......

How to put on weight...?
Am naturally a size 8, but recently have had a lot on my mind for various reasons. I know i've lost a bit of weight, but now i'm a bit worried cos i can pull my size 6 trousers 2 inches ...

13 y.o girl wants to lose weight for the summer :] (PLEASE ANSWER!)?
i'm 13 years old & in 7th grade. i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. i want to weigh about 100 lbs by june 19.

-i would like to know what type of foods i should eat [like for ...

Is my stomach fit enough to wear a bikini? [W. PICTURE]?
i'm not overweight (5'3½'' & 127lbs), and i posted a question earlier asking if overweight people should wear a bikini, and most said it depends on how overweight, and this ...

I HATE ALL OF THESE LOSERS...damn?
STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDING HUGE MUSCLES AND STOP ASKING ABOUT QUICK RAPID FIRE RESULTS WITH NOTHN BUT MUSCLE MILK AND SHIZZ LIKE THAT... that stuff doesnt work anyway... just eat right and workout ...

Harriet The Spy
How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything.

stephiegc_84
Rating
I'm not one too big for music, but I try to look at the time it takes me actually go running vs. other workouts. Ex: any class would be an hour long, while running only takes me half an hour and I get just as sweaty and fit... I also count or take company, even my little doxie motivates me... I hope this helps

petlover
Enlist a friend to drag you out of the house to walk. Or challenge you. You might consider trying to walk or run somewhere else or go to a gym to change your routine.

Molly R
Rating
Drive around with running shoes in your car - in the front seat next to you - for a while, and visualize yourself wearing them.

alexb518
Rating
look in the mirror or pull out the clothes that used to fit you. but, for some reason if you can put your running shoes and other gear on, you some how (mentally) feel obligated to go. works for me.

trainer53
Rating
This is the thing, once you did it and know what it feels like, it's hard to not do it! You're already wanting to do it, and you will! Just go, get up, put on your clothes, get your tennis shoes on and just do it!

it's your own fault
Rating
That's one of the problems with home exercising, some people tend to stop or not do it. I'm am advocate of gyms for people like that. I'm one of them. Yeah it might cost, but when I get in the parking lot, whether I feel like being there or not, I'll go in and workout. And at least I did it. I do feel better when I'm done. Better that I went and did it at least.

Melancholia
Rating
It could just be the weather, you know.. Right now I'm kind of not in the mood to get out in this humidity. I'm 53/F vegetarian and have been a marathon runner 5 years now.. I've only missed 2 days in 5 years (and this is because my kid was sick and needed me.) it is NOT easy ..You have to be dedicated. I don't know.. but what Arnold Schwartenegger said sticks in my mind.. He's got those 'hunks' of muscles and said, "w/my power lifting routine, I don't 'think' .. I just DO IT" and that about sums it up. Some days you're all geared, others you're half dead.. it kind of ties in w/what you eat the night before (for me..) I run best in the rain.. and when it's in the 40-50's I'm in heaven. I look forward to my run.. I'm now up to 5 miles. If you need to take a break, walk a block.. (oh, just reread that.. you said you walked or ran.. I'd run over walking.. start off w/a walk.) You need to 'give yourself a reward' for doing it.. maybe that'd help. What would you crave/or what would make you want to walk a mile? (a sudsy bath for example? ha) I'm thinking chocolate here.. (yum!) You can do it.. go back to your exercise routine.. I'm sure of it.

littlemama025
maybe if you make a mixed tape of some get up and go music you like and put it into a tape player with head phones, you may get to walking and never stop....music always gets me going, its how i do housework.

girlsdiary
Think about it. When you get something to eat for your meals, do you think to yourself, Should I eat today? For a lot of people, no. Then how come when it comes to exercise, people always ask themselves these questions and find excuse to not do it. Well, because exercising is not their habit yet. So next time, dont stop to think whether you should run and get on the treadmill or go outside. Make it habit.

guywonder
Rating
establish a goal to prepare for a 5k run or marathon that what i did anyway.

sexytrojan
Running is mental in all ways.

I motivate myself by going to scenic areas to run on the weekends (ocean, foothills, etc.). During the week, I remember how I felt from my weekend runs.

Check out NikeRunning.com, and see if they have training runs in your area. These are awesome. Shoe trials, raffles and a lot of support. You can find a good running partner at these runs.

Or you can wear clothes that make you look like someone you and your friends talk about.

v.ball_17
look at the scale. lol.jk. the more you do it the more you'll be motivated to do it. you just have to get in the habit of excersising everyday and then you'll have more energy to do it again.

tsbr1963
Rating
Maybe you need to find a group to run with...someone to whom you are accountable. That helps people. Also, you might try writing out a run schedule...that might motivate you...

little_gardener_24
A lot of us get into what I call 'slumps' like that. Just keep telling yourself how great it is for your health, how good you feel when and after you do it and keep imagining what your health/fitness goals are for yourself. If you know of anyone interested, take them with you. Once you go back to doing it, you will remember how good it feels! God bless and happy running!

G-man
Rating
Get a partner. That way you will have to go because you don't want to let the other person down. You will push them and they will push you.
You can even join a club and that way you will look forward to seeing your friends every day and they can call you if you start to slack.

roberto2951
Rating
There is no way. But once you start you just get into this mode and you run.

GVP
get a dog. some active breed that would drive you nuts if you stay at home and not give him exercise. i have two Labradors and they have definitely motivated me to go on Loooooooooooooooooong walks or runs twice a day!!

andbeanermakes8
I find it best to find a walking/running buddy. If you have someone to partner up with, you're more likely to keep motivated. When my girlfriend and I walked together, I did it everyday. When she stopped, so did I.

If you can't find a running buddy, than just say you're going to do it and GO! NO EXCUSES! :)

Rahul
Rating
just do it for a few days, then the confidence u'll gain will itself be a motivation. in the start, just recall how good it used to feel to be fit and running, last year.

Canadian Goose
Rating
Start walking again. Get on that regemin, for a week or two. Then after that, break it up. Start walking, then run for a bit (all at the same session), go on and off,end up with running. Build up your stanima to run. the mixed tape/IPOD thing is good too. I know i want to get back into running. But it's too hot for that now.

akd
When I first started, I personally didn't really have any motivation to run until I was actually running. The first mile was always a struggle; I always wanted to stop so badly. But once you get into a "comfort zone," I found motivation to keep going until I really got tired. Plus, I always felt really good about myself after I'd taken a run.

And after a while, the results that running produced (a leaner figure, better sleeping patterns, it was easier for me to participate in other physical activities like biking and swimming, improved overall health, etc.) really motivated me to keep going.

So I would say, you just have to get up and do it. Once you're out there running, you'll feel really good about yourself, and after you've been running for a while, you'll start to feel bizarre if you HAVEN'T run. My dad calls it "the runner's bug."

Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy