Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Desserts/snacks???
i like to snack more then eat meals. i still make sure i eat enough calories to stay healthy but not gain weight ect.ect..any good snacks and desserts other then the usual fruit, yogurt, and jello?...

What is the best way to get rid of stomach, side and back fat around the middle section?

I am 300 pounds and I really want to lose at least 50 pounds by December.?
I am 18 and 300 pounds and I really want to lose 50 pounds before the end of the year. I am a naturally big build and athletic, although I am do have quite a lot of fat on my frame. My main goal is ...

I hate to run, what is a different cardio exercise that will keep me motivated and lose pounds ?

Im a big girl and want to lose weight?
im a bout 250 i dont eat alot i been the same size for a bout 4 years now what can i do to lose a ...

Is this healthy weight for a 7th grader?
well im in 7th grade and i weigh 111 pounds. i used to wiegh like 107 and that was 3 days ago. but when i wieghed mself. it was in the night time and i ate 10 to 15 minutes before i wieghed myself. ...

Do you lose weight by drinking lots of water?
............if so, how much water shoul i drink and how much weight could i lose?...

What is the funnest way to lose weight for girls???

What is an easy way to stop smoking?

If i drink lots of water, regularly, will i get used to it and not go the toilet as much?

If someone starves themselves, not eating but drinking, how long is it before they start to lose weight?

Additional Details
I just want to add that this is a general question and I am not planning to do anything like this!...

I'm getting BIG!!!!i'm 32 y.o.,5'3'' in height and im beginning to gain weight...(130lbs)OH my GOD!
What would be the best exercise fo a married woman like me w/ 3 kids???im a 24/7 fulltime mom......

How to put on weight...?
Am naturally a size 8, but recently have had a lot on my mind for various reasons. I know i've lost a bit of weight, but now i'm a bit worried cos i can pull my size 6 trousers 2 inches ...

13 y.o girl wants to lose weight for the summer :] (PLEASE ANSWER!)?
i'm 13 years old & in 7th grade. i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. i want to weigh about 100 lbs by june 19.

-i would like to know what type of foods i should eat [like for ...

Is my stomach fit enough to wear a bikini? [W. PICTURE]?
i'm not overweight (5'3½'' & 127lbs), and i posted a question earlier asking if overweight people should wear a bikini, and most said it depends on how overweight, and this ...

I HATE ALL OF THESE LOSERS...damn?
STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDING HUGE MUSCLES AND STOP ASKING ABOUT QUICK RAPID FIRE RESULTS WITH NOTHN BUT MUSCLE MILK AND SHIZZ LIKE THAT... that stuff doesnt work anyway... just eat right and workout ...

Disgustingly fat?!?
hi, i'm female (a teenager), 5'0, and a whopping 100 lbs, which is DISGUSTING. i'm eating about 500 cals a day, but i end up going over if i'm with my mom and she makes me eat...i&...

Do i have to diet to get rid of my stomach?
i weigh 127 and want to get rid of my tummy and tighten up my butt and tone my upper legs do i have to diet as well as exercise. i never had a porblem with my weight. i usually eigh 110 but n ow i am ...

How do I gain 90 pounds in 6 months?

I need help..bad.?
i recently got out of atreatment center for bulimia...i was 102 pounds when i got in there. i barley ate anything. since i have been out i eat ungodly amounts of food and forthe past few days i have ...

Question Queen â„¢
Should I starve myself since I'm so fat & greedy?
I haven't eaten all day, & I'm 5'2" & almost 300 lbs. Every time I eat, people call me greedy. & even when I eat alone, I feel guilty after eating, like I done something wrong. & then when I don't eat & pass out, people say I faked a fainting/dizzy spell for attention. Why are people so cruel? & it's like I don't have a right to eat. & if I have absolutely no food in the house, people jump down my throat about how I spend my money.

trainerty
Stop crying and welcome to the real world...read this source and apply it to your life.

*AZia FaCe* :)-
LISTEN MRS.DENTON

EAT A REDUCED CALORIE DIET DO SOME AEROBICS WORK OUT 6 TIMES A WEEK IN NO TIME YOU LOO DECENT AND DRINK WATER CUT DOWN ON SUGAR AND SODAS AND WORK ON CUTTING OUT GREASE AND FATS AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN THAT YOU EVEN KNOW IS BAD NO SUGARY SNACKS CAKES ICE CREAM NO EATING AFTER 6PM AND AND DEFINITELY NO LATE NITE SNACKS

Grand pa
Rating
important to see your doctor get a refiral to a dietition

jade<33
They can be cruel, but it's not your fault you like to eat. You can eat normal, but don't starve yourself. And don't pig out either. You should run every day, then it won't madder about the food you eat. Ignore them when they jump down your throat about how you spend your money. Just tell them that you'll eat less and you're not fainting for attention. Don't worry, i bet some day, those people who don't make you feel comfortable eating a lot, will regret themselves for being hypocrites.

Best wishes!

Kiwi

Chris10
You should consider going to a weight loss center such as weight watchers or a nutritionist that can talk to you about these problems atleat once.. people just dont unserstand that somepeople just eat compulsively and they cant help it.. it is a disease! go talk to a nutritionist and get on a plan and dont worry about what everyone says.. just be strong and have the will power!

Little_Pixie
Rating
Let me tell you something now. starvation is not the answer. You may think it is, but you will be left feeling tired, weak, physically drained and probably very very ill.

yes, you may feel fat and greedy but thats in your head. You have a right to eat, and dont let anyone tell you otherwise. You as a person, are in charge of what food you put into your mouth.

Instead of three big meals a day, eat 6 small meals instead and break up the cycle. eat small meals which will help the digestive system. eating 3 big meals will leave you feeling bloated and tired.

change your diet and eating habits if you have too. Buy different types of food, and eat different meals that you normally wouldnt try. Try and eat steamed fish and pasta.

cut out bread, potatoes and any other stodgy carbohydrates if your attempting to loose weight.

Whatever you do, DO NOT and i will say this again, DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF. you will make yourself ill and liable to ctach infections. you ingore these stupid people. you must eat for your bodies sake and for your energy levels.

Good Luck x

Jillycumcum
Rating
its simple mate, people are just cruel, you need to eat to live! the trick is though to eat healthily and excercise reguarly without over exerting yourself. work out how many calories you eat on a typical day and then lower it slowly each week untill you are eating about 1400 calories per day. also try to burn at least 200 calories 5 times a week with cardiovascular excercise. this will make sure that you are burning fat rather than muscle. make sure your eating plently of protein which can be found in skinless chicken and fish mainly, and also in vegeatbles. snack throughout the day on vegetables or other low calorie foods. if you eat little but often, your metabolism doesn;t slow and you lose more calories. try to keep your fat intake to under 45 grams a day and drink 3 litres of water a day. if you do this you should burn around 5000 to 7000 calories a week and this will help you lose 1-2 pounds every week in time. weight loss is a very slow process, but it pays off! never allow yourself to become faint and dizzy with hunger. dont let others get you down! you should lose weight to make you feel better about yourself, for yourself, no one else!

Ali
Rating
Get out and exercise drink plenty of water eat fruits and veggies and don't listen to people.
it you want to change bad enough you will and I know deep down you know what you have to do, so do it and get ready for a better life!
Good Luck.

jane_mower@btinternet.com
Rating
Please don't starve yourself, that will just make things worse! If you go without food, your body will go into starvation mode. This means that it will cling on to any calories that you consume for longer, and it will be harder for you to burn them off. Any weight that you lose through starvation will just be water, not fat. This means that as soon as you start eating and drinking again, you will regain the weight very quickly. I don't think you are 'greedy' but you seem to have a very strong emotional attachment to food, and you need to speak to somebody (such as a counsellor) about it. Don't feel afraid or embarrassed about going to your doctor to ask for help. Just explain to them how you feel and they should put you in contact with someone who will help you. You have a lot of weight to lose, and you need to be in contact with people who will have a positive influence on you. I'm sure you'll be able to do it.

♥
No. You should not starve yourself. When you do that, your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism lowers drastically. This means that the next time you will eat, your body will assume that it will be a long time before you have your next meal, so it will deposit the food as fat. Why not walk instead, exercise, and do other physical activity? Food alone is not the source of weight gain - it's the lack of physical activity, so start moving more - it doesn't have to feel like work. Pump up your favorite energetic songs and just dance in your living room for as long as you can. If you can, go swimming - it's another great whole-body work out. Since starving yourself will only lead to poor health and more weight gain, you are better off just eating moderately and healthy. Cut out all the junk food, sodas (even diet sodas), sugars, processed foods and keep carbohydrates to a minimum - only whole grain and whole wheat carbs. Eat more protein (meat, seafood) and less carbs. Eat more veggies than fruits. Don't drink juices - they're packed with sugar. Drink water and unsweetened teas. Next time you go shopping, buy the type of foods you won't feel guilty about eating later. It all starts at the grocery store and not the fridge. Don't eat anything with trans fats and stay away from salty foods - salt leads to water retention which can make you bloated and gain water weight.

Occupy your time with things that bring you joy - read, craft, hang out with friends, meditate, etc....whatever it is that makes you happy besides eating. When you're focused on other things you won't be so consumed with thinking of food. Eat food to sustain yourself but not to fill a void or for comfort. The sooner you resume eating the better off you will be - so make yourself a salad, grill some chicken or have some canned tuna with whole grain bread and green tea. Snack on a thin slice of cheese on top of a slice of apple - it's very tasty and low fat.

Losing weight should not feel like punishment - do it in a way where you can work out and enjoy it by engaging in physical activities which are fun and eat moderately, but wisely - eat foods with protein and fiber which are low carb and low fat and are filling, so that you will not feel hungry or deprived. Don't succumb to fad diets - no one can live with that much deprivation and eventually a binge is imminent. So don't work hard at losing weight - work smart at it. You can do it and don't let anyone guilt you into anything - don't pay them any mind - just do what's right for you and focus on the things and people in your life who are positive instead. You don't owe anyone explanation for your life choices - you have to make smart health decisions for yourself so that you will be able to be healthy, lead the life you want and have more time to spend with your loved ones. Best of luck to you, and if you want to talk more or need some support, email me.

SubJ
Rating
Eat only when hungry and not more than thrice a day. Nothing other than water in between. Include plenty of uncooked vegetables and fruits in each meal, preferably 50%. Chew each morsel at least 32 times to activate ur body to generate signals of hunger/fullness. Obey these signals.

Take light exercises and brisk walks regularly preferably twice a day.

U will achieve what u have not even dreamt and that too in a reasonable time. Do not be in a hurry.

usaf3e8
Okay, when you stop eating completely, your body goes into calorie preservation mode. By starving yourself, you only make your body horde all the calories it CAN get when you DO eat, thus making you gain weight at a more rapid rate. The BEST way to lose weight would be to eat 4 to 5 SMALL meals a day. HEALTHY meals. Get out and walk and when you feel like you can, jog.

Victoria
Ignore them and they even say overweight people eat less then thin people and thats how you get to your size because your staving so your body is protecting itself by holding on to the weight. I had a friend who would eat out every single day fast food all the time and never exercised and I could do more jump ropes then her and she looked so under weight.

But only lose weight for you. You were never born to please others you come first and when you lose weight don't be too skinney not such a grand look.

But I used to be 305 pounds but am still working on my weight am now 240 but am tall 5'10 so people think am 180 something.

But if you need someone to talk to my e-mail is schoolgirl2021@aol.com

babii gurl
Rating
dude. are you trying to kill yourself? cuz thats whats you'd be doing if you starved yourself. if your so concerned go get a doctors apointment and find out healthy ways to eat. eat smaller meals more often. don't laod up on sugary crap. and DON'T listen to what other people say. eat lots of fruit and vegetables ,protien, vitamins, and exercise for 1 hour every day. then as long as your healthy, you shoudnt worry about what other people say. I know it's not going to be easy, but if you keep it up, the results will be well worth the effort.

Violet Pearl
Rating
No, don't starve yourself. Just don't listen to other people and try to eat healthy meals.

Summerrr89
NO!!! Dont starve urself!!! if anything limit the food u eat and eat better!! i agree w/ u people can be cruel for no reason and i don't know why either. im sorry ppl r mean to u but ur not alone. feel better and don't starve urself!!:)

maxcottle
Rating
It sounds to me like you have some cruel people around you.
How much you eat is your business no one Else's and you should not be feeling guilty about food. People often use food as an emotional band aid it maybe that you are comfort eating and maybe (i don't know the reason) cruel people around you are stimulating your need to comfort eat.

If you are unhappy with your size and weight go and see a doctor and ask him to refer you to a dietitian they can help you with a structured weight loss plan. they can also get you into the habit of eating more healthily.

Do not Starve yourself or go on a diet they only make you put on weight.

The conventional approach to dieting is a disaster. The first mistake is to call a program a "weight loss program". There are many weight reduction programs, which if followed can produce rapid weight loss.

However, this weight loss is neither sustainable nor healthy as it involves dehydration and loss of muscle tissue.

When you are ill and bed bound similar results are produced in only 48 hours, especially if you have a complaint like food poisoning.

if you starve yourself you will end up putting it all back on and more

First move get rid of the negative people around you

Hope this helps

Jewel M
Rating
first off, you should ask your doctor for some diet suggestions. be safe when trying to lost a lot of weight.

try cutting your portions in half, and eat healthy.
exercise.
i would seek out some professional help, ( nutritionist) just to be safe.

The Worlds Jester Chic
Rating
No, not eating makes your body go into starvation mode, which causes more fat to build up, instead of muscle. What you want to do, it eat fruits and veggies, low fat, stay away from carbs, and try to do some sort of exercise daily.

Nunnybunny
Eat... just don't eat to fill yourself up... or eat a lot of healthy stuff. And drink a lot of water.

Feline05
Start out by looking in the mirror and telling the person you see - I like you and I will do everything to help you out of this rut and lead a healthy life. Then, go out and buy healthy foods. Do not starve yourself because you are ony hurting yourself. Don't think about what everyone else is saying because it sounds like they are not looking out for you and they just want to make your life a living heck. Be Strong and Good Luck!!!

Patti C
Rating
Do not and I repeat DO NOT let cruel and ignorant people control your life. Do not feel guilty by eating and never go without eating until you pass out. You need to eat to keep your body going. I know you want to lose weight (I do too) however, as you know, starving is not how you do it. Your body needs fuel; think of the food you eat as fuel. If and when you can, increase your exercise. Exercise will raise your metabolism and that is the best thing you can do for your body. You need fuel to exercise.

Eating is not "greedy;" it is a basic need.

God bless you.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.114
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy