Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Is a womens size 12 fat?
i have just asked this girl out not long ago..and all she keeps saying is shes fat.she a size 12 and would like to be a 10..but i keep telling her she not fat...

so could you please tell ...

How to loose weight without exercise and dieting?

Should I do situps?
I am fat. I am 30 pounds overweight and most of my fat is on my belly. If I do situps will it just make my fat pop out more. I just started going to the gym 3 days ago and I have been doing the step ...

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?...

They say to eat every two hrs .....is that a good thing to try?

Should I starve myself since I'm so fat & greedy?
I haven't eaten all day, & I'm 5'2" & almost 300 lbs. Every time I eat, people call me greedy. & even when I eat alone, I feel guilty after eating, like I done ...

How can i lose weight in my thighs?
ok, today george and damien were teasing me about my disproportionate thighs. how do i tone them?...

What exercise burns the most calories in 10 minutes?
I need to lose 800 calories in 10 minutes. The laxatives aren't working!...

I want to loose a lot of weight!!! HELP!!!?
Im 15 years old.......im 5 foot 8 inches and weigh 220 pounds
Im looking 4 a good way to loose weight......as in 50 lbs!!!
Help please!!!11...

I am overweight...?
pleassee..suggest me exercises that will help to reduce my weight(other than skipping,pushups,situps..)and also a good diet ...

Is 117 pounds over weight if ur 5'2?

I'm 14 years old and I'm 5'5" and weigh 116,will I get taller?
I am 14 years old and weigh between 114-117. i'm wondering if i'll get any taller because i don't really want to. do you think 5'5" is way too tall for being 14?
A...

Im 14 yrs old, 5'7, and i weigh 195 pounds what should i do?

Im dieting and have been getting less than 1,000 calories per day - is that healthy?
It isn't like I'm not eating food - I just am eating food without many calories or fat grams. My boyfriend keeps saying that my body is starving since I've only been eating 400-500 ...

Am i fat??
im 15 yrs i weigth 180 and im 5'5

i was 188 in september
in december i was 186
and now im 180

i dont even know how i lost 6 pounds from december to january

How should I get fatter, I'm really skinny but eat all my food groups (including junk) ?
I'm not ...

Desserts/snacks???
i like to snack more then eat meals. i still make sure i eat enough calories to stay healthy but not gain weight ect.ect..any good snacks and desserts other then the usual fruit, yogurt, and jello?...

What is the best way to get rid of stomach, side and back fat around the middle section?

SAbball32
Why is soda bad for your body?
not diet soda... just regular. i heard one time that it damages your brain cells. is this true? and what are the other effects of drinking to much?

happy girl
pepsi makes your *** huge!!

Maddie
acid. sugar. caffeine

oh and yes diet does cause brain cancer

drinking too much leads to body fat, rotted teeth, and sugar highs

chromebias
It's not bad for you...And tobacco isn't bad for you either...

Maldavi
Rating
Mainly the sugar. It's absolutely empty carbs that does nothing good for you. The acidity isn't great for your esophagus, either. One once in a while isn't going to hurt you too much, in my opinion. But, I know people who go through a 12-pack a day. At around 120 calories per 12 oz can, that's 1440 calories, just from the soda. That's more than the amount of calories many get in day from everything they consume combined.

I've never heard about it damaging brain cells, though.

Snowboard Zombie
because a can of soda is 200 or more empty calories your body doesn't need. not to mention the sugar and acids

Swole Scott
Rating
I like to think of soda as excess calories... for every soda you drink that is approx. 110 or so calories. I always tell people, I would rather eat my calories than drink them, hence why I haven't drank a soda in 5 years or so. The acidity of it is not so great for you either and it is so nutrient poor your body doesn't benefit from it.

one of my professors said the brain damage is a correlation.... which means they aren't explicitly linked but potentially could be (or may not be). this is the reasoning:
The theory is that brain damage is caused by long-term drinking of soda from aluminum cans. They have found in old people suffering from alzheimer's disease trace amounts of aluminum. Where else could this metal have come from after a lifetime of drinking soda, but further studies must be done in order to actually prove it.

BERn
my brother got a concussion and he is not allowed to drink soda

Brokenwings
Well, it's because of the sugar and all the chemicals in it. The artificial sweetener Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, Equal Measure, Spoonful). Aspartame is dangerous- it can cause serious health defects. My cousin got a brain tumor because of it.

Aspartame contains 10% methanol (a poison). Methanol destroys the brain a little at a time (immediate effects: epileptic seizures, blindness, chest palpitations/ other effects: blurred vision, bright flashes, tunnel vision, ringing or buzzing in ears, migraines, dizziness, loss of equilibrium, lip or mouth reactions).

basically, sodas are just bad for your body. it makes you retain water weight and it coats the inside of your mouth with the soda and it makes you want more and it makes you want food, which can lead to weight gain.

Sophie Mac
Rating
sugar, chemicals, caffine.

cutie pie
too much sugar...of course it will be harmful if you drink large quantities as the body won't be able to get rid of all that sugar...personally i don't drink soda at all...

My Face
Rating
Soda is bad for you in general. There are so many reasons but i'll just list a few. First of all the SUGAR lol there is so much sugar in a soda which is not natural sugar like in a v8 drink or something healthier. Too much sugar can actually lead to diabetes! especially sugar like that. Not to mention the enormous amount of Calories.

Actual studies have shown that people who drink one soft drink per day are actually on average 28 pounds heavier than a person who doesn't. lol how's that fact?

I'm not sure the brain cells but i know the sugar and calories are bad for you so that's why i don't drink soft drinks anymore except every now and then but not every day. I started drinking V8 V-Fusion which is awsome !! it comes in 3 fruity flavors and has 1 full serving of fruit and 2 full servings of vegetables so if i were you i would find something to substitute the soda like juice which isn't good either but it's better than soda.

Diet drinks are actually no better because artificial sugar like aspertame is also bad for you lol If you don't want to lose your teeth and get diabetes then i would suggest cutting back your soda consumption to one per week or find something else you like that you can substitute.

Hope that helps or at least partially answers your quesiton lol

charlie c
Diet or regular is doesn't matter...any calorie, regardless of what type it is in soda stores as fat..it's really just that simple...

King Leonidas
Soda contains way to much sugar and carbs, that's why it's bad for you!!!

Smile! Jesus Loves You!! :)
The sugar and acid that can wear your teeth down and waste your bones away........

DR.DRE
soda has dissolved carbondioxide gas in water, this forms carbonic acid, which is bad for your teeth as it erodes the enamel
also it has a lot of caffeine, this is not good for your brain
and too much sugar which again is bad for the teeth
if u are used to drinking coke or pepsi, it is know to have a lot of added flavours that are chemicals that are known to have some side effects on your kidney

soda once in a while it ok, but too much is dangerous

Wes L
SO MUCH SUGAR

mc_bdunn
It slows down your oxygen to your brain!

beauteimparfait
i have never heard that it damages your brain cells... Maybe a long time go when coke was really made with cocaine. but not anymore. it just has alot of sugar and carbs so its bad for your weight adn a lot fo sodium so it can give ou bad cholesteral. but i havent heard anythign about brin cell damage...?

♥ || Brown Eyed Girl || ♥
Rating
It's high in sugar which is bad for your teeth and weight.

Crysenda
Well, if you leave a nail in soda it will actually disolve it. Doesn't really sound like a good thing to put inside your body........but I do it anyway!

Linda
Because of the sugar and acid

Sir Newton
Rating
Soda has become one of the most popular drinks consumed by people these days, especially in the form of soft drinks. Its consumption is there in people of every age group, be it kids, youngsters or adults. Healthy drinks, like water, juice and milk, have completely been dislodged by soda. People have started guzzling down bottles of soda, without thinking, even slightly, about any potential side effects. Though most of us are not fully aware of it, drinking too much soda does have its side effects, some of them even pretty serious. To enlighten you on the issue, we have listed the risks of drinking soda, in the lines below.

â–  Soda has been known to comprise certain chemicals that make you feel dehydrated. This is the reason why, even after drinking lots of soda, you continue to feel thirsty.

â–  There is high sugar content and too much fructose corn syrup in soda. Too much consumption of it can easily make you put on excessive weight.

â–  Soda does not have any nutritional value. Drinking it regularly means that you are just adding on empty calories.

â–  Excessive consumption of soda can result in high blood sugar, which can lead to faintness, rapid heart rate, and dehydration.

â–  Since soda contains too much sugar and acid, it can play havoc with your oral health. Not only does it dissolve the calcium out of tooth enamel, but can also cause lots of cavities.

â–  Soda is also loaded with caffeine, which is a stimulant, the reason why it develops into an addiction soon.

â–  Caffeine removes calcium from our bodies. If you are drinking too much soda, you are also ingesting too much calcium, which ultimately will affect the strength of your bones.

â–  Irritability, restlessness, tension, insomnia, excitement and gastrointestinal disturbance are some other side effects of caffeine, which often result from high consumption of soda.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy