Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

How do I get motivated to go running?
Last year I ran or walk every day, and really enjoyed it. For 2 months now I haven't done anything....

My friend is huge, i call her cake, and fatty is this wrong ???

Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?...

They say to eat every two hrs .....is that a good thing to try?

Should I starve myself since I'm so fat & greedy?
I haven't eaten all day, & I'm 5'2" & almost 300 lbs. Every time I eat, people call me greedy. & even when I eat alone, I feel guilty after eating, like I done ...

How can i lose weight in my thighs?
ok, today george and damien were teasing me about my disproportionate thighs. how do i tone them?...

What exercise burns the most calories in 10 minutes?
I need to lose 800 calories in 10 minutes. The laxatives aren't working!...

I want to loose a lot of weight!!! HELP!!!?
Im 15 years old.......im 5 foot 8 inches and weigh 220 pounds
Im looking 4 a good way to loose weight......as in 50 lbs!!!
Help please!!!11...

I am overweight...?
pleassee..suggest me exercises that will help to reduce my weight(other than skipping,pushups,situps..)and also a good diet ...

Is 117 pounds over weight if ur 5'2?

I'm 14 years old and I'm 5'5" and weigh 116,will I get taller?
I am 14 years old and weigh between 114-117. i'm wondering if i'll get any taller because i don't really want to. do you think 5'5" is way too tall for being 14?
A...

Im 14 yrs old, 5'7, and i weigh 195 pounds what should i do?

Im dieting and have been getting less than 1,000 calories per day - is that healthy?
It isn't like I'm not eating food - I just am eating food without many calories or fat grams. My boyfriend keeps saying that my body is starving since I've only been eating 400-500 ...

Am i fat??
im 15 yrs i weigth 180 and im 5'5

i was 188 in september
in december i was 186
and now im 180

i dont even know how i lost 6 pounds from december to january

How should I get fatter, I'm really skinny but eat all my food groups (including junk) ?
I'm not ...

Desserts/snacks???
i like to snack more then eat meals. i still make sure i eat enough calories to stay healthy but not gain weight ect.ect..any good snacks and desserts other then the usual fruit, yogurt, and jello?...

What is the best way to get rid of stomach, side and back fat around the middle section?

I am 300 pounds and I really want to lose at least 50 pounds by December.?
I am 18 and 300 pounds and I really want to lose 50 pounds before the end of the year. I am a naturally big build and athletic, although I am do have quite a lot of fat on my frame. My main goal is ...

I hate to run, what is a different cardio exercise that will keep me motivated and lose pounds ?

Im a big girl and want to lose weight?
im a bout 250 i dont eat alot i been the same size for a bout 4 years now what can i do to lose a ...

sockxgoblin
I want to lose about 5 to9 pounds and I am considering fasting. Is that safe?
I am not overweight but I am dangerously close for my height. I want to stay healthy.

suzanne B
Rating
You can fast for 2-3 days. You must be very careful during this time to drink plenty of water, and not be too physically active. It's better to do during a weekend when you don't have to be at work. It's not really the best method for permanent weight loss...but if you are going to do it, taper off food the day before you fast; eating only whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Then, when you go back on solid foods, introduce them slowly back into your diet with easily digestible foods like fruits and whole grains like rice etc. Do not immediately start eating meats after you fast. If you feel ill or light-headed during the fast, drink a little fruit juice. Good Luck.

krbrown1
Rating
Fasting can be healthy. There is a fast from the bible called the Daniel Fast that last 21 days. Its a partial fast. You can only eat veggies, fruits, and nuts. You cannot eat white flower, meat, sugar, candy, etc. My church did it and everyone lost at least 10lbs. It also helps with your skin and energy too. Just search the internet for "21 day Daniel Fast" and you find a list of the do's and don'ts. Its actually a really healthy fast. Its also a good body cleanser.

Madison S
Rating
Fasting will actually make you gain weight; it messes with your metabolism. You're better off cutting out junk food and exercising more. Try eating healthy for a few days, and maybe running, jogging, or trying something aerobic.

smartmarshal
go fasting is harmful and no good for your health. my suggestion is :
which one is better for weight loss? Weight Loss-30 or Quick Slim, or others?
I tried Weight Loss-30 which is certified by FDA approval(Food & Drug Administration of US), it is very effective, within one month, i lost 28 pounds. I recommend all interested go to visit: www.goquickslim.com. Keep Slim, Keep Healthy.

TPG
Rating
I think if you want to stay healthy then not eating is not an option. I vote for eating healthy and excersizing.

maiga
not safe or healthy, therefore not recomend it

insert_name_here
No. The body's ongoing need for nutrition is met by stores in the cells and liver, circulating blood, and gastrointestinal contents. Fasting causes blood sugar to drop. This leads to a breakdown (catabolism) of muscle and other protein tissue for energy. During fasting, catabolism is a kind of "self-cannibalism" the by-products of which (ammonia and urea) lead to acidosis that produces weakness, fatigue, irritability, depression, depressed libido, and a sick feeling. Fasting does not cleanse the system, but loads it with metabolic toxins while decreasing its ability to destroy and excrete these. Fasting leads to rapid loss of water, sodium, and potassium. This decreases blood volume which produces postural hypotension (low blood pressure when standing up), and fainting. Severe potassium depletion can cause a fatal heart rhythm disturbance. The body cannot differentiate between voluntary fasting and starvation and deaths have occurred even with medically supervised fasts and near-fasts. People who survive prolonged fasts (starvation) may suffer anemia, decreased immunity, osteoporosis, kidney damage, or liver damage. Depressed gastrointestinal or digestive functions may persist for weeks or months [v]. The worst thing about fasting is its destruction of lean and vital tissue needed for a healthy and active life. Fasting, like colonic irrigation, laxatives, sweat baths, and other naturopathic regimes are at best useless, and at worst, can be fatal. Fasting is particularly dangerous for children.

Å�ⓞ�ⓨⓜⓞⓤ§
Just eat less, more fruits and vegetables, and walk or jog for about 20-30 minutes a day and work out, you'll get better results that way. Drink lots of water!

Sufi
Fasting is not a good way to lose weight. Because of how it affects your metabolism. Fasting is more of a spiritual practice. For losing weight just eat maybe 900 calories a day or something, fruits, veggies, whole grains. You can lose the 9 lbs in 9 weeks by doing this.

smilingmick
The best way to lose any weight is to NEVER DIET but to change your lifestyle and stick to the change. Pies, cakes, sweets, ice cream, candies, soda pop all become a thing of the past. In place of the above substitute a glass of water and a single slice of melba toast. This should take the edge off of any hunger pains you might be experiencing. You are allowed a single slice of diced watermelon or carrots dipped in beet sauce once a month, but only if you are dangerously close to becoming comatose.

SharkPrincess
Rating
Fasting slows you're metabolism. Try changing your diet, and increase excercise. Doesn't mean stick to the tredmill only and run on it for three miles. Its just about changing the phsyical activity that you're doing day to day.
If you absolutly need a diet, try the Atkins for one week, I lost 10 pounds exactly in seven days. Mind you though, that if you do this, and then stop the diet, you'll easily gain it all back. But its great if you need to squezze into a dress or something for a party.

gawainer
Rating
Fasting is safe for short periods of time (1-3 days). However, most medical authorities recommend against it. They will all tell you that exercise is better (without increasing your intake of food).

DH
NOOOO!!!!!! And once you start eating again you will gain it back and FAST! Just cut your calories! If you even skip meals your metabolism slows down!!!

That Chick acisseJ
fasting will take off the weight but it will just come rightr back when you go back to your normal eating habits..

A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
The correct way to burn fat and stay healthy is to burn more calories than you consume
You need to make sure you are eating healthy foods while still excercising
If you have a big appetite drink plenty of water so that you will feel full but not consume calories
But you should always eat
If you start to skip meals you will only be more hungry at your next meal and probably eat way too much
Remember, the average persons stomach is as big as a slice of pizza scrunched up into a ball
So you shouldnt be putting more food into your stomach than what fits
Also, it takes aproximately 15-20 minutes for your brain to realize that you are full
so eat slower and you will realize sooner when you are not hungry anymore

ALSO....
i found this artical called "50 Habits of "Naturally Thin" People
How to get Started:Decide how much you want to loose and see how many calories a day it will take to make it happen by year's end.Then, work into your routines however many of these eating tweaks and exercises you need to achieve your goal.
Slash 250 cal.s a day to lose about 25 lbs. in a year, Slash 500 cal.s to loose 50 pounds.
This is based on a 150-pound person: you may need to cut more/ fewer calories depending on ur weight, age & gender. It also assumes your normal calorie intake essentially stays the same and your weight is stable.
* I'm only going to give you the ones that are most helpful and burn calories. If you want more then email me*
1.Wake-up Workout - When your eyes open, sit up slwoly w/out using ur hands. W/ legs straight out, lean forward until u feel a gentle stretch in ur back & hamstrings. Hold. Then, Using ur abs, lower urself flat. Rest & repeat 2 more times. BURNS 10
2. Balance Booster - While u brush ur teeth, alternate standing on 1 leg as u switch mouth quadrants(every 30 seconds). BURNS 10
3.Be a Ballerina - As ur coffee drips, stand sideways, put 1 hand on the counter, and lift the outside leg straigh out in front of u, keeping it extended. With upper body straight, hold for a few sec.s and move it to the side: hold and extend it behind u. Do 5x on each leg. BURNS 10
4. Talk It UP - Every time u grab the phone, stand up & pace around. BURNS 50
5. Carry Some Weight - When ur grocery Shopping/ running erands, wear a backpack with 5-10 lbs bag of sugar inside to increase resistance & burn more calories. Add purchases to ur load as it becomes easier. BURNS 20 (FOR AN HOUR OF ERRANDS)
6.Pump at the Pump - While ur getting gas, With 1 hand on ur car, Stand on the balls of ur feet & slowly rise up & down for as long as it takes to fill ur tank. BURNS 10
7. Shop till the Pounds Drop - at the mall try on at least 10 outfits- pants and shirts.BURNS 60
8. Jog for Junk Mail - For every piece of junk mail u get each day, do 1 lap around ur house/ building, / up & down a flight of stairs. BURNS 35-140
9. Play Footsie - After Dinner, while u are sitting at the table, extend your right leg out & slowly bend it up & down, squeezing & holding in the up position for at least 5 sec.s. Repeat 5x for each leg. BURNS 10
10.Ease into Evening - sitting with feet uncrossed, grab ur wrists & raise ur hands above ur head to lengthen the spine. Take a deep breath in as u reach & hold the position, breathing slowly in & out for 20 sec.s, taking longer on the exhale. BURNS 5
11. Sing a Song - Spend sunday morning belting it out in the church choir. BURNS 70 PER SERVICE
12. Catch This! -
Spend 30 min tossing a ball or a frisbee with ur kid/dog BURNS 90
13. Make Whoopee - Instead of a bowl of ice cream as a bedtime snack, have a robust tussle with your spouse. BURNS 300

Good Luck!!

brandon
Fasting is only a temporary solution, you'll gain it back quickly.Change your lifestyle, go on walks, eat less calories and make them quality calories, go swimming or biking, do excercise every day and the weight will come off. I would suggest taking up a sport like triathlon. Join the lukeimia society, it is good times and lots of support

XXX
fasting wont get u anywhere ... the moment you'll start eating u'll gain the weight back. How about exercising more and eating properly?

yums
Rating
its better that you just cut down on yr intake not fast. because when you do start eating again yr body will take anything straight to storing fat cells

summer_kisses_06
Rating
Fasting is okay, but its very easy to gain back what you lost once you go back to eating. Try this diet...I did and lost 14lbs in 4 days!

The Lemonade diet

www.lemonadediet.com

Good Luck!

parchessey
Fasting is okay as long as you don't go overboard and stop eating completely. When fasting for religious purposes most people will only fast when the sun is up and they are allowed to drink water whenever so if you want to fast I suggest you fast like that.

Gwendolyn W
Rating
You can buy the 48 hour miracle diet at Wal-Mart. I've used it and it does work. All you do is drink the 4 oz of juice mixed with 4 oz water. You drink this four times a day.

C Rudy
Ghandi did it, and he was a cool guy.

Hassen
Rating
The quickest way is to cut out red meats, starches, breads, sugars, alcohal, and sodas.

Eat veggies (salads are good), soups, and drink TONS of water. If you get hungry between a meal, drink water to fill up.

In moderation eat white meats, and fruits (fruits contain natural sugars, and that can put on weight)

Practice portion control. Yes, you'll feel hungry at first, but think of your goal, and soon your stomach will start shrinking and you won't have that feeling anymore.

Eat 5 times a day. A small breakfast. A mid-morning snack, such as an apple. A small lunch. A mid-afternoon snack, such as carrots. A lite dinner. Do not eat any later than 7pm (6pm is better.)

Go exercise for at least an hour a day, incorporating weight training. Weight training builds muscle. Muscle burns fat. You get the idea. It also gives tone and definition.

Good luck!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy