Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am i fat??
im 15 yrs i weigth 180 and im 5'5

i was 188 in september
in december i was 186
and now im 180

i dont even know how i lost 6 pounds from december to january

How should I get fatter, I'm really skinny but eat all my food groups (including junk) ?
I'm not ...

Desserts/snacks???
i like to snack more then eat meals. i still make sure i eat enough calories to stay healthy but not gain weight ect.ect..any good snacks and desserts other then the usual fruit, yogurt, and jello?...

What is the best way to get rid of stomach, side and back fat around the middle section?

I am 300 pounds and I really want to lose at least 50 pounds by December.?
I am 18 and 300 pounds and I really want to lose 50 pounds before the end of the year. I am a naturally big build and athletic, although I am do have quite a lot of fat on my frame. My main goal is ...

I hate to run, what is a different cardio exercise that will keep me motivated and lose pounds ?

Im a big girl and want to lose weight?
im a bout 250 i dont eat alot i been the same size for a bout 4 years now what can i do to lose a ...

Is this healthy weight for a 7th grader?
well im in 7th grade and i weigh 111 pounds. i used to wiegh like 107 and that was 3 days ago. but when i wieghed mself. it was in the night time and i ate 10 to 15 minutes before i wieghed myself. ...

Do you lose weight by drinking lots of water?
............if so, how much water shoul i drink and how much weight could i lose?...

What is the funnest way to lose weight for girls???

What is an easy way to stop smoking?

If i drink lots of water, regularly, will i get used to it and not go the toilet as much?

If someone starves themselves, not eating but drinking, how long is it before they start to lose weight?

Additional Details
I just want to add that this is a general question and I am not planning to do anything like this!...

I'm getting BIG!!!!i'm 32 y.o.,5'3'' in height and im beginning to gain weight...(130lbs)OH my GOD!
What would be the best exercise fo a married woman like me w/ 3 kids???im a 24/7 fulltime mom......

How to put on weight...?
Am naturally a size 8, but recently have had a lot on my mind for various reasons. I know i've lost a bit of weight, but now i'm a bit worried cos i can pull my size 6 trousers 2 inches ...

13 y.o girl wants to lose weight for the summer :] (PLEASE ANSWER!)?
i'm 13 years old & in 7th grade. i'm 5'2" and 106 lbs. i want to weigh about 100 lbs by june 19.

-i would like to know what type of foods i should eat [like for ...

Is my stomach fit enough to wear a bikini? [W. PICTURE]?
i'm not overweight (5'3½'' & 127lbs), and i posted a question earlier asking if overweight people should wear a bikini, and most said it depends on how overweight, and this ...

I HATE ALL OF THESE LOSERS...damn?
STOP ASKING ABOUT BUILDING HUGE MUSCLES AND STOP ASKING ABOUT QUICK RAPID FIRE RESULTS WITH NOTHN BUT MUSCLE MILK AND SHIZZ LIKE THAT... that stuff doesnt work anyway... just eat right and workout ...

Disgustingly fat?!?
hi, i'm female (a teenager), 5'0, and a whopping 100 lbs, which is DISGUSTING. i'm eating about 500 cals a day, but i end up going over if i'm with my mom and she makes me eat...i&...

Do i have to diet to get rid of my stomach?
i weigh 127 and want to get rid of my tummy and tighten up my butt and tone my upper legs do i have to diet as well as exercise. i never had a porblem with my weight. i usually eigh 110 but n ow i am ...

ebr_ah_im
Will slim fast be effective if you just drink 1 can a week?
and exercise
by running 45 mins 5 times a week?

mamajess05
Slim fast is just meant to replace meals. They have more nutrients. So all you would be doing is adding extra nutrients once a week. You are not going to lose a bunch of weight that way, but you should if you exercise. All I can say is it would be better to replace one meal per day with those drinks and then keep up the exercise!

april_lujano
Rating
Probably not. But it depends on what you are eating and drinking when you arent exercising.

Phigmentâ„¢ is Back
The running is better for loosing weight than 1 a week on the slim fast, at 1 a week it's like a nutritional supplement and if you eat normally you will probably gain weight. Run as you are and drink a slim fast instead of a meal daily.

heatherhansen87
why waste your money on slim fast, when you can get water much cheaper and more effective... slim fast is taking the easy way out ...the only way you will be happy about your body if you do it the right way

Vicki H
Rating
Nope

odandme
Rating
no

abbas_n_chantel
Rating
no

Sunflower
Rating
slim fast is a liquid meal. make sure you drink plenty of other liquids like water daily:

You will not starve. You will not instantly become thin. Fasting is consuming only liquids. When the body does not have to deal with digesting solid food and getting rid of the waste that solid food creates, it can concentrate on getting rid of toxins. The most common reason to fast is to eliminate disease or from the body.

How much weight will I lose?

The main benefit offered by a fast, to those who wish to lose weight, is the speed of the weight loss. To see a person drop 30-to-40 pounds in a 30-day juice fast is to see a person totally transform his life. Self-esteem is given a boost and for the first time in their life, discipline becomes a lifestyle. The fast becomes a catalyst for a total life overhaul. People start dressing better, showing more confidence, becoming more organized, more dedicated in relationships and more at peace.

Initially, weight loss can be as high as three-to-four pounds per day, but as the fast continues, the average loss will be one pound-per-day. If you are juice fasting and not losing weight, the juice is supplying all the calories you need. You may have to cut down on the juices or alternate between water fasting and juice fasting if losing weight is part of your goal. The slower your metabolism is the slower the weight loss.

Try to stay focused on the healthy things you are doing to improve your life rather than being consumed with the number of pounds lost each day. Water retention can vary your weight five pounds so watching the scale can be frustrating. The best motivation to fast is for physical and spiritual health. Be patient; the fasting process is slow. Be thankful the toxins are leaving your body. Do not have unrealistic expectations. Give your body the time it needs to do the work of cleansing.

Fasting And Metabolism

The fear is that while fasting, the metabolism will slow down and afterward there will be more weight gained than before the fast. Initially, any calorie reduction will cause a lowering in the BMR or base metabolic rate. Cleansing will bring health that will increase metabolic performance and energy output. In other words, you will eat less and feel more energetic.

After fasting, the body is more efficient. Digestion is better due to a cleaner colon. The colon walls have been cleansed of impacted feces, allowing improved absorption of nutrients. The good news is that greater efficiency equals enhanced energy. Healthy people burn more calories. They also eat less because they are more active and feel better about themselves. They don't need food as a security blanket.

The greatest impact you can have on increasing your resting metabolism is exercise. After a workout, you can be sitting on the couch reading while burning calories, as the muscles are grabbing glucose from the blood to replace glycogen supplies. The key to weight loss is fewer calories and more exercise. A diet high in raw food provides fewer, low-density calories, and higher-fiber, more-filling foods.

Oh, by the way, a slower metabolism diminishes aging. A tortoise can live to 400 hundred years of age.

playboybaby20088
Rating
no, you are suppose to drink like a can of that stuff a day.

Druid2020
Rating
yes

Perplexed Music Lover
Slim fast, no. Exercise, yes.

strut526
slim fast is considered a meal replacement. My husband drinks a can a day for the vitamins, and breakfast replacement.
he doesn't need to loose any weight.
some people get constipated using slim fast.
I do know that it has a very high sodium content, so you shouldn't drink it if you have high blood pressure.
water and exercise is your best bet..
Look at it like this: if it cost $2.00 a can, 1 can per day.
that is 60 bucks a month you could use for "curves" (29.00 a month) or a local YMCA/gym.

DG
Slimfast is not effective because of whats in the can, its because you would replace a meal with it! So no you need to do this daily!

Frd
no

mike b
Take it from an ACE certified personal trainer, Slimfast has too much sugar, and not enough quality protein. There is nothing wrong with meal replacements, however look for better options such as Myoplex from EAS.

Nicole H
no

hoosiergal0946
Rating
The running will be far more effective than the Slim Fast.

caseofyou2003
The Slim Fast won't help, but the running will. Try Ensure instead, so you are sure to get enough nutrients with your new exercise plan.

cheriemrrsn
Rating
well if you just drink 1 a week and eat nothing else then yes but if you mean 1 a week and eating normal the rest then no cause it can sometimes contain more calories than a good healthy meal .

Rubba Bubba
well i don't see why not...just don't have ONLY a can a day... eat sensible meals...like broiled fish. skinless chicken... but I suggest doing the slim fast plan...its right on the box of slim fast shakes....

i,myself, went on the slim fast diet and followed the plan...and cheated once in a while.. and i lost 20 pounds in one month it was awesome and boy do i feel great today...

there are so many ways to loose weight... experiment a little

boomer
No, but maybe having 1 can every day instead of lunch or breakfast. something that would work even better is having a granola bar and a can instead of breakfast, and then running foor 45 minutes later in the day. That would help you lose fat and be overall healthier and better feeling.

galad1979
no

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy