Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Am I wayy to skinny.????
I am 12 years old and I read another question & it said to check your BMI & it said that normal was 18.5-24.9 but I am 13.6 woaahhhh rightt!!!!...

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

I luv Chris Brown
Is it possible to lose 30 pounds in a month?
Please be honest and please don't tell me that it's not possible cause I believe it is I just need a second opinion and can you tell me how, I took a BMI and it said that i'm obese for my age i am 13, my height is 5'1 and i weigh about 190 pounds please help me!!!!!!
Additional Details
And if you're wondering why i want to lose so much weight in little time it's because well my dad died when i was 7 years old and since i have been depressed about that, i have gained alot of weight. All throughout my childhood i was teased for being fat and i never had many friends because of that. I just want to have the same feeling that i had when my dad held me in his arms before he died i know it sounds stupid but im sick of going through life feeling like crap so please help me. Thank you.

Ashley K
Rating
Depends on how much you weigh. Maybe.

ESweetPea
Maybe, if you don't mind doing it in a totally unhealthy way and you don't mind gaining the weight (and maybe more) back after you lose it.

No jackrabbits, no yo-yos--slow and steady wins the race.

A pound a day is way too much. A couple of pounds a week is about right. So, you might lose 10 pounds in a month (when you first start losing weight, you tend to lose it faster) but 30 pounds is dangerous.

sorelia0118
I wouldn't think that way about yourself, but don't forget, it's easier to gan the weight than yto lose the weighyt, so in the future iot'll be easier to control your diet and health.

For now, yes, you are not obese but definately overweight. I weigh the same thing too but I am older and taller. Luckily, because you are young your metabolism is faster than mine and you can lose weight. However, don't give yourself such far fetched goal of 30lbs. in a month if you're not willing to do the work.

Although it is possible, I don't know what your health is and you would definately have to consult a doctore before committing yourself to such a strict regime. Your body might not be able to take it and you can really wind up hurting yourself.

Now for the good, or bad, news:

It is easier for an overwieght person to loose extra weight than it is for skinnier person. But as to how much weight of those 190bls are really extra weight is not up to you or some test. Your body is too unique to tell.

To lose a lb a week, you would basically have to burn double the calories that you intake. A normal diet consists of bout 1200-1500 calories a day. But because you are 13 and your body is developing and growing, you might need more calories to keep your body normal at this time. Burning 2400-3000 calories in a day depends on how active your metabolism and your body and your life is, and it's not impossible, but definately not healthy. Maybe your life is so active that you burn about 900-1100 a day. If you work out in a dance or aerobics class for an hour, you can burn about 300-600 calories, depending on the difficulty. Then if you do some extra weight training. Your body will burn another 150-400 calories, depending on the difficulty. So add that up, still doesnt eaqual 3000. And if you eat junk foor, you actually et about 3000 calories a day. From what you said your weight is, I doubt you eat as healthy as you should.

You can go ahead and count calories if you can. Eat a big, healthy breakfast in the morning when your metabolism is at its fastest. Eat eagg whites - eggs have lots of protein and will fill you up so you don't eat a lot at lunch and dinner. Don't eat frozen or fast food for a month. Cut out your fat, carb, sodium, and calorie intake. Do weight training - muscle burns more calories than fat. That's why fit people can stay fit longer and eat junk food and not be too affected... their bodies can burn those calories faster than you because they have more muscle.

Please talk to a doctor or nutritionist. You can together set a realistic goal, fitness plan, and eating plan to get you down to where you need to be so you can be happy.

If you're serious, you will follow that plan. You will watch what you eat. I love cookies so much, but... would I rather eat that cookie that I already know how it tastes, or would I rather look good in a swimsuit in Vegas in two months? Think of your priorities.

And don't forget: If you put yourself on an unrealistic diet where you will feel starved, you will end up easiliy breaking that diet, consume more food, and actually gain more than what you are now. It happened to me several times in my life and I totally regret it. It's easier to stay on something realisti than on something far fetched. Good luck to you.

Michael
It is possible, but i would not recommend it. In order to lose that much weight over such a short period of time, you would have to result to crash dieting, fasting and excessive exercise, which in the long run, is likely to cause more harm then good. Is there a specific reason why you would like to lose that amount of weight in a month ? Personally, i would advice you to give yourself a minimum of 6 months. Losing weight is not something that can happen overnight. It takes a lot of determination and self control. I am going to be honest with you here and tell you that i think you are extremely over-weight for your height. Although, on a more positive note, it is good that you have realized and are willing to do something about it.

Caysters
Rating
It is possible, but probably not the best way to get down to where you wanna be.
I lost 30 pounds in a month, but that was due to depression and a whole bunch of other crap.
Eat healthier and be more active. That's all you really have to do, you'll lose weight if you work hard at it.

Polly Sunshine
Rating
No. A large amount of weight lost quickly will be mostly water. At your age you don't want to screw up your metabolism.

Bloo
Rating
Don't do that. You could try the special K diet. That sounds like fun. That's a lot of cereal, however. There are billions of healthy diet sites. Check em; out, gurlfran.

p4princess74
That would be very unhealthy if you lost thirty pounds in one month. It is recommended that you lose 2-3 pounds per month. If you have a healthy lifestyle and stay off those freak diets you can make your self healthier. Even if you do not lose a lot of weight you can still say that you are healthy which is important.

dude
Rating
BMI doesn't reall work for poeple ur age. but anyway not really just lose alittle at a time and eventually u will reach ur target weight.

pako
Rating
yes
i think it is possible
u just have to exercise a lot
and eat healthy
eat a lot of fruits and veggies.
and dont eat to much greasy food
or food that is to high in calories

whitiegonzo
Rating
i read what you said, but no it is not possible. its way too unhealthy and if you try you will get really sick. take it maybe 10 lbs a month if you really want to lose weight.

gabs
Rating
you need to start minimizing your portions -
just like eat less of what you normally eat.
and if your normal food is unhealthy, try to replace it with fruits and veggies

also if you exercises everyday for about 30min. (aerobically ... or something that makes you sweat and almost loose your breath.. aka running, elliptical, etc)
THEN YOU CAN DO IT!

birdie
Rating
No. Only bu chopping off body parts. Take it slow and steady. Change your diet and eat healthier.

Cherishalatina
Yes depends on your drive to loose it.....just eat little portions throughout the day some people think that by not eating they will loose weight just cut down on eating and I really mean cut down on eating just eat small portions and if needed take a diet pill to kill the hunger and exercise and do a lot of walking and hold in your tummy as you do if you don't loose all 30 don't give up or get discouraged some people tend to have higher metabolism and tend to loose weight easier and faster I have high metabolism and loose weight with ease...so good luck and don't give up.

Luv to shop
Well if you don't want us to say it's not possible, then we have to say yes, so......this doesn't make sense

D-man
Rating
wow 190?
well 30 pounds is possible to lose in a month but its ganna take alot of hard work

Niamh K
You did not get overweight in the twinkling of an eye and you won't shed it in that space of time either which is not what you want to hear. Good news is you have a full five years before you are even 18. You will shed fat faster than a lot of us who have a vague memory of that age. One of the things I have found with weight is that if I stop focusing too much on what I should not be eating and ramp up on protein, fresh fruit and vegetables my energy levels go up and I am in the mood to exercise more and the sugar craving ceases when I eat proper food. I find it is like throwing a switch in my mind if I just give my body what it needs and without thinking about it the other stuff looses its appeal. Hope that makes sense.

Apples to Apples
Rating
It is possible, but not healthy.
I wouldn't recommend trying it without the supervision of a doctor.
My brother's doctor put him on strict grapefruit diet for 2 weeks and he lost 35 pounds. That was extreme though and grapefruit was all he was allowed to eat during those 2 weeks. Definitely consult a physician before you try any extreme diet.
Exercise is the key. Make sure that you walk fast or do some type of exercise for 30 minutes per day at least 5 days per week.

nmmoritz
You do sound a bit overweight.
And, losing 30 pounds in a month isn't healthy, let alone possible.
Besides, even if you did by some crazy chance lose it, you would gain it all back eventually (and then some.)
Take it slower, and you'll keep it off longer.
How active are you?

manny
Rating
NOPE! it takes time and dedication a hard. but if youre willing to go through all that then yeah you will

Bogie
not really, maybe 10 or 15

fireheart819
It is possible, but do it healthy. Don't go over bored, because you are still young and you are still growing. Trick your body, like for example. Eat a lot of protein (but not too much), but not a lot of calories. Like I eat fruit salad after I exercise and I put some honey on top of my fruits. I like to make it more sweeter (honey, just like a small spoonful). Yet it is still healthy! You have to dedicate to it. Don't be a baby, also you are not the only one that want to go through this. *Smiles*

Jodie S
Rating
YES AND NO

WHILE U COULD DEF LOSE 16 I DID! :)

NOT SURE ABOUT 30....

sports441995
Rating
possible but unhealthy. I say don't do it. Worry about exercise more than diet, that's my advise.

Mork
yes it is possible

babycakes
Rating
Of course its possible but unhealthy if u lose weight that fast u wont give ur skin time to go back 2 normal and will be saggy...and eventually u had 2 grow ur a teenager that's wat happends don't b worried I hope this helped!!!:)

Ben N
just ask chris brown

wendy865
Rating
It's possible and incredibly unhealthy. You should aim to lose no more than 2 pounds a week. You are 13, do not worry about losing all that weight. You're body will change a lot more before you are 20. Focus on eating right and getting excercise.

MbMJacobs
it's possible but SERIOUSLY unhealthy. don't do it. lose weight the healthy way!

Ta-Zu
Rating
With lipo.

You are big for your age, but if you want the weight off, you have to lose it slowly or you'll just bounce back to your original weight.

Ask your doctor for what would be a good healthy lifestyle for you.

Britta Britta
No. You didn't get fat overnight, don't expect to lose it so fast, either.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy