Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

How many hours of sleep is necessary?
btw, I am a teenager, if that matters....

1 wanna loose a lot of weight really fast, i havent eaten in a 9dayz weight nots going fast enough i'm 14 help

My mom tells me I'm fat and lazy...?
I'm 5'6" and 167 lbs, but I carry my weight well... Is this okay of her?...

who ya gonna call?
Is it healthy to go one week eating nothing but fruits and vegetables.?
i'm not fat or anything, but i do eat a lot of unhealthy juke food (mostly fastfoods).
i'm sure that i may look good on the outside, but it may not be good on the inside. i know i may not be perfect.
so i decided that starting from today, and for the next week, i'll eat nothing but fruits and vegetibles.
maybe i'll forget, and continue this trend for even longer.
i just wanted to know if this is a healthy diet.
Like i said, i'm not fat, i'm only 26 (male) years old. i only weight 115lbs. Ii've had the weight of 115lbs since i was only 15 years old.
for what ever reason it is, i don't gain anymore pounds.
If i eat pizza from pizza hut and get full, i'll walk home and i'll be hungry again, and would have lost just 5lbs. ( if i'm going anywhere, i'm walking there).

Michelle O
Rating
Sure...you'll be fine. Take a multi-vitamin daily.

Mauki90
That would be very healthy for you. That's all vegetarians eat and they are fine. Try drinking some fruit smoothies for extra calories.

oopsy - daisy
have your thyroid checked

also your weight loss and continual hunger maybe due to allergies, yep it keeps your metabolism up

also eating just fruits and veggies won't hurt you at all for a week or so but since your weight is fine then add back carbs and proteins, eat a balance diet not an unbalanced one

Mortician69
I think you need to eat some grains to get all your required amino acids so you don't feel exhausted.

pretty7
Hi
Try this simple plan it really worked for me so here goes,
If you are serious about losing weight, the calories in the food you eat should be less than the energy you use. You will have to increase your metabolic rate now, and plan your diet carefully.
Formulate your own weight loss plan and you will lose weight faster. More details available at http://tinyurl.com/m7ckx

Good luck

blue dragon
Rating
NO don't ever do that because that sort of diet doesn't have any proteins in them only carbs and lipids and vitamins. you have to have a mix diet. like eat steaks and chicken and green beans an fish and dairies for calcium and fruits in appropriate proportions. coz if u stay a week on fruits and vegetables ur body would start feeding on the muscles in your body for proteins and thats not right ok. Just don't do it OK.

Anita Johnson
That sounds like a load of BS. 26YO and 115 lbs? If so, you should go to see your doctor because that is unhealthy.

mikeo1122
Absoluetly. Extremely healthy.
Just a few pointers.
1. Raw veggies better than cooked.
2. if Cooked, lightly steamed veggies better than cooked.
3. Dont over eat. Eat to about 80% full.
4. Eat more veggies than fruit. About 2 to 1.
5. Drink lots of water, but not with meals, It dilutes stomach digestive enzymes and necessary HCL acid.
6. Take a digestive enzyme supplement.
7. Organic fruits and veggies better but more expensive.
8. Dont mix fruit with vegetables. Eat fruit with fruit. Eat veggies with veggies.
9. Never eat any melon with anything but melon
The last two ensure food fully digests, because undigested food ferments in the body and is not healthy.

Gonzo
Rating
Given your weight, it doesn't sound healthy. You need some sort of fat and carbohydrates in your diet. Just try to cut down on the junk foods, but definitely eat a balanced diet which should definitely include fruits and veggies.

failurbydsign427
sure u can eat all that stuff and be healthy. there are people who live their life like that but make sure u take vitamins and supplements because there are things like protein u wont always get from fruits and vegetables.

i love you. <3
Rating
well i think that when u go from eating meat to like nothing but fruits and vegetables it could interfear with your digestive system, but other then that i think its absolutely fine just as long as your getting all the right proteins and vitimins. I've done the same thing many times and i'm still perfectly healthy.

blue
You mean, like a vegetarian?
It may have the result of, um, purging your bowels, but you should suffer no long term harm from it. I would recommend introducing whole grans and protein back into you diet afterward, however.
I don't really understand why you want to restrict your diet initially, when eating full balanced meals and just cutting down on junk would bring you back to eating healthy food, but do what you feel you need to do.

Cryssie R
It is healthy if you add beans for protein.

snvffy
Rating
Change your lifestyle and do this forever. Drink lots of water, walk an hour every day except 1 then do stretching and upper body toning. Eat fruits & vegetables.

No sugar
No sodas
No candy
No chips
No potatoes
No pasta
No pizza
no corn
no bread
no burgers
no fried foods

Good Luck

anisarkisyan
Rating
I dont' think that it's healthy. Infact for your age you weight should be more. It's good to eat fruit and vegetables, but don't over do it.

teeniey37
Rating
While fruits and veges are good for you, you shouldn't limit yourself to Just those foods. There are other foods that you need to eat to get certain vitamins and minerals. If you don't have a problem with your weight, and you really do just want to be healthier, try eating different foods, in moderation.

angel_krues
of cource it is, much healthyer than eating meat and junk food and milk. look into raw food diets, they r great for losing weight. I've tryed that befor, but I like just be'n vegan is good for me ^ ^

suezekickboxer
Yes very healthy, it will clean out your body. Wash veggies and fruits real good. Eat a good variety of them! Organic is the way to go if you can. Sounds like you need a lot of protein. How tall are you? 115 lbs isn't very much for a man. Average weight :100lbs for 5feet and 5lbs for every inch after that. (5ft 2" would be 110lbs) You must have a speedy metabolism.

sweet7face
Being 26 years old, male and only 115 llbs is totally unhealthy. You are underweight. You need to pack on at least 25 llbs. I would not start dieting if I were you.

jamieasue24
First of all eating alot of fruit means getting alot of sugar in your diet. It is recommended to eat fruit in the morning so your body can use the sugar instead of store it. If you limit yourself to just fruits and vegies you may get burnt out on them and start to hate eating each one, one by one.
Your body needs a little of each of the food groups and not just one or two. Something you may not think about but alot of foods compliment each other and give you nutrients or vitamins you wouldn't get by eating just one of the two items.
Here is a great site to keep yourself in good balance....www.mypyramid.com
Another good site for your health and tracking it is www.realage.com
There you can see how all that fast food is really just harming your health! You can also see the real age your body really is. You may be quite surprised!!

blakkchocolate39
eating fruits an vegetibles is always healthy some have lots of sugar but you want weight anyways just dont over do it

mypopepourri
Rating
yes this is a very healthy diet ..... but one word of warning ..... it may take your digestive system a while to adjust ...... causing bloating and gas ..... beano or gas-x might be helpful if you decide to go this route

Suesan W
One week is not really going to make you any healthier over all. Try adding a multi-vitamin to your daily routine. You don't want to get any skinner that is for sure. How tall are you 5 feet?

lynn m
um.. i would think its healthy to...... just throw some grilled chicken in every know and then... i did and lost the weight i wanted too! well, and your fruits and veggies.

uncle billy
I do it this time of year with everything coming in from the garden it's all I eat till it's gone.

BabeHeart
Rating
You need a balanced diet...fruit and veggies are great, but protein is essential for your health too so add some meat or nuts or something with good protein.

Do some research online for balanced meals and see what kinds of things you like, that'll give your body all the "stuff" it needs.

Good luck!

david42
It is healthy to consume such a diet if you include a good source of protein such as soy.
Have you had your blood sugar checked?

ccbarefootcon99
Rating
I don't think it will kill you but you do need some additional proteins in there so maybe add some beans and/or fish too, if you are choosing to stay away from red meat altogether.

lilma773
Rating
i think it might be healthy but you don't have to stop eating other food just look on the protein chart. milk,yogurt, and cheese 2-3 servings a day. chicken fish eggs etc 2-3 servings. carrots, lettuce, tomato, potato 3-5 servings. apple,orange,grapes,bananas 2-4 servings. bread, pasta,soup, crackers 6-11 servings.

Mario E
Rating
Going on nothing but fruits and vegetables is not healthy.

There's actually a diet especially made of nothing but fruit, and it's unfortunately very unhealthy given the high levels of sugar you consume.

And there are diets obsessed with vegetables and only vegetables, which is also very unhealthy because of the improper nutrition and therefore the scarcity of needed nutritients to which you subject your body.

So no, this is not a healthy decision. It is not healthy to go for a week on a diet like the one you mention.

For example, you wouldn't have any protein content. And protein is crucial for not only your energy, but for your muscle composition. Otherwise, muscles begin to deteriorate. Now, if you don't want to eat big and chunky slices of beef or hamburgers, try salmon, which is an excellent choice of protein and omega-3 acids. Or maybe even tuna, if you happen to like tuna. They are both very low on fats, and are quite sensible with calories, giving you both an immediate boost that you won't believe until you try it.

Tracy92
Rating
Vegans do it all the time. Protein can be acheived with Soy or nuts or beans. Try to stay away from breads unless they are whole grain. Also, take a multivitamin. If you are worried about amino acids, there are multi-amino acid pills too (but they are HUGE).

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy