Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Diet & Fitness
Health Discussion Forum

Losing weight by not eating?
If I stop eating for about 3 weeks or 2. How much weight will I lose?...

Whats a good lunch for someone on a diet?
hmmmm??...

How tall r u?

Additional Details
just askin cos im only 4'9'' just wanted to know if there are any of u out there ...

3 days without food?
my friend said he went 3 days without food and said he lost 10 pounds
would i really lose that much ...

People say im too skinny and need to put on wieght... i disagree... why do they say this? im 6st and 12yrs...?
im confused, more than skinny i want to lose weight, my percent bodt fat is 15%... thats well high all my mates are 9%
Additional Details
to that person down there dont tell me to grow ...

Poll:What Size Clothes Are You?
Aloha :D
I was just wondering what size clothes you are!
Also what Country you live in and how old you are..
Just Want To See Random Results lol

Also with the size i only ...

Ok importanttt!!!!!!10points...
how much weight can i lose in 4days with out eating?!!!
Additional Details
i am 16 and i want to get buzzed at a party or drunk, at one that i am having!!!...

Im 15 and i want 2 lost weight. I weight 215 and i have been taking diet pills for about 4 days.?
Is it going to help me or ...

Why is america so overweight?

AM I FAT? WITH PICTURE, HELP A DIET I AM ON, ThANKS!?
I am 13, I am 5"1, and I weight about 98 pounds. Am I fat? Whenever I look in the mirror, all I see is fat. Also, here is the diet I am on:
Breakfast- Water
Lunch- A 1 inch by 1.5 ...

When a child is overweight or obese, who is to blame? The child or the parent?

Is smoking, drinking and eating crap really that bad for you?
Getting hit by a bus is bad for your health but is any of the above really that bad?
wheres the proof you were not going to die on the day you did if you done none of the above?
Additional ...

Wat Is Wrong With Me....Easy 10 pts?
hii. its me again. Well This Morning My School Went To A Play. And It Was Pretty Funny. But Wen I Laughed My Stomach Would Hurt. And Then Later In The Play I Felt Like I Couldnt Breath. Wen I Got B...

Do you eat breakfast every morning?
I don't but I need to change because I'm trying to lose weight. Also what do you eat for breaky?...

Can i loose 50 in 6 weeks?
i know it wouldn't be healthy, but i dont really care, ive never been fat until this year and i want to fix it. fast....

Can eating carrots turn you orange?
I eat at least 4 large-size carrots dailey, and lately I've been noticing that my skin has a slight orange tinge. If I continue this habit, will I turn orange-er?...

How can I lose 15lbs in 3 wks?

What cardio exercise burns the most calories?

How can I drop 9 pounds?
I want to weight 90 pounds, and I am 104 now. I just can't stop
eating. Yesterday I ate 3 middle sized potatoes, baked, no filling, in the morning, and 3 potatoes (one large, two small), ...

Is it okay if i do this?
i wanted to know if it is bad that i have the same thing for breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack everyday

breakfast:
glass of orange juice
bowl of oatmeal
banana

Gabriella A
I need to lose weight!!?
i am 5ft 4and weigh 148lbs. just a year ago i weighed 110lbs, but so much stress and unfortunate events have turned me into an emotional eater. i really need to stop gaining and get healthy and fit because i fear my eating is getting way out of hand and turning into an eating disorder. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO. should i get counceling? im only 17, i want to enjoy my life!!!

lymanthony
Rating
vegetarianism is the answer ;P

Ferro
Rating
lol

SoMeOnE_sPeCiAl
Rating
you shouldnt lose any weight.... you are at a healthy weight right now... just do yoga and exercise to build muslce but you shouldnt lose any more weight

whaza w
stop eating fat food and work out a lot

Sunshine G
Rating
well a detox is the best thing you can find a kit at a health food store near you. dont go with fads like trim spa ,hydroxy cut...they dont do nothing. you need to clean out the toxins before you diet and eat more fruit and veggies. dont cut totally off of junk food, but limit it. if i get like a bag of chips i usally share a small bag...today i shared a small order of onion rings..lol. go out and exercise and swim the pounds will melt off at a civic center near you. i am going by this plan and im losing weight constantly.

imgoingtobeavet
Rating
emptional eeating is a tough thing to break, but u can do it. u might need sum help but if ur deermined anything is possible

nanashi427
Rating
There is all kinds of diet plans and exercise routines that you could start and spend tons of money. Are they necessary? Not really You can get everything you need out of the foods you eat everyday. A moderate 3 day a week exercise program can help supplement your weight loss but it is not necessary.

It is really as simple as watching what you eat. Call your doctor about a Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) Test, so see exactly how many calories you should be consuming a day. Between 2000-2500 Just keep a log of everything you eat (that touches your lips) no matter how small. Snacks, Mint's, Soft Drinks all contain calories.

Look at the back of the nutrition labels and record your intake. You can also uses website likes Calorie King to find out the nutrition value quickly. Another tip, drink water at least 2 liters a day, while at first it will be an inconvenience to urinate often, your body will get used to the increased intake and after a few weeks you won't be visiting the toliet so often. This will help fat cells to be broken down and this will help in more than just weight loss, your skin well be hydrated and much better. (you'll spend less money on hydrating creams and lotions).

In short you'll find out the minimum Calories you need a day so that your body does not induce starvation mode and store everything into fat. Burning more calories than you consume is essential to weight loss
all the while not exceeding the maximum amount of calories a day. There is often a 400-500 calorie zone you can play with.

blahyourfacemofo
Rating
go on a diet!!!

and every good diet requires EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!! make sure you go jogging or go on walks each day. eat plenty of salads, beans, fruits, and vegetables! make sure you drink plenty, and plenty of water!!!

skip afternoon snacks. make sure that you eat breakfast!!!! if you don't, then your metabolism doesn't start up and you end up storing and saving more of what you eat. get a good breakfast!

if you are too hungry to wait until dinner or lunch, eat a piece of fruit or a 100 calorie pack of chips or cookies.

think and live healthy!!!

go out and buy a large water bottle. keep it on your person at all times!!!

Louis Friend
why don't you see a dietitian and get on a work out program?

the good news, is that you can DEFINITELY take the weight off healthy and permanetly if you have the drive to.

Fubes
Rating
Theres a saying "You are what you eat", the clues are in there. Eat healthy you wouldn't be asking this question, at least thats the easy way around it. but as you will know its easier said than done. Try and keep a diary of what you eat and drink, the times days.

Set yourself some easy goals such as trying different fruits and veg, a little exercise here and there increasing it as time goes on. Your only 17 it wont take long to start seeing results, you can aslo visit http://www.fitren.com/ for some extra advice. Good luck and try and enjoy the challenge to lose weight instead of letting it become a burden like lots of people do.....

L-girl21
well if you are trying to lose weight stop stressing because then you will stop eating you can also try to work out more to loose weight my mom eats this gum that you buy at the store that makes you not want to eat anyone can have it I have had it also try to get more sleep it will make you feel less stress and you wont feel horrible in the morning.
try what you think will help good luck!!!
-Lauren

Rose
Rating
Hi! I'm going through a similar problem now. I've started going to the gym everyday. It helps to go with a friend, at least at first, because it helps keep you motivated and she or he can encourage you to go even when you don't want to. When you're at the gym take it slow so you don't get hurt, but do cardio (anything that gets your heart beating). Also, my friend and I have started swimming laps together because its a great workout but it doesn't feel like exercise! Eating healthy is necessary too, but don't starve yourself because then you'll just binge later. Good luck! :)

MakeMyDay
Hey girl, you don't need counseling, you just need meal plan and exercise. I am 5'7 and I used to weight around 148 ,and now I weight 123 and have only 13% of body fat . I did all natural way : 4 times per week - exersise for 1-2 hours ( 50 minutes of heavy lifting ,and the rest of time - cardio). Plus I have changed my eating habbits : small meals 5-6 times per day. Really worked and I am not starving and feel healthy and fit! If you have any questions about meal plan and what to eat , just ask , I will be happy to uswer!

Jamie
I am 6 feet tall and weight 240. a foot taller and double your weight! im gettin a tredmill for easter, so excited! no joke! exercise and stick to chicken, fish, fruits, and veggies! =]

kaby .
Rating
what works for me is exercising every once in a while eat less. I eat everything, from salads to burgers, but in small portions.. if you forbid your self of eating specifics foods you begin obsess with eating. Eat everything, just small portions... don't finish the burger, is better to trow to the garbage half of it, and drink a lot of water or diet soda to compensate your hunger... after a few weeks your stomach will be smaller and you thinner.. And remember, at your age your body has a fast metabolism, every exercise you do counts.

Xavier G
The first step is going that you're going to have to make a committment that you don't want to weigh 148 lbs. anymore. Start out with small goals, such as losing 10 lbs a month, and then break that down to losing 2.5 pounds per wk. Start small and work your way up. This can easily be attainable by doing some sort of walking, running, or jogging 3-4x a week (even around the neighborhood) and just changing your diet to be slightly more healthier. Also, if you drink sodas a lot, just cutting them out will help you lose weight because of the high fructose corn syrup. It all starts with you making the decision that you don't want to be the way you are anymore. Hope this helps.

phantom8000
One way to limit calories is by changing what you drink. I have found that water and flavored herbal teas are good. I sweeten the tea with a little honey or Splenda, not sugar. I have stopped drinking soda. This is one easy thing to do to start.
Also, watch out for foods that claim to be low calorie/ low fat. For example, people can loose weight eating salads and soups. But some people are unaware that there are loads of calories in many salad dressings and that there are additives like msg or too much salt in most canned soups. This halts their progress of loosing weight and staying healthy. These ingredients are not that beneficial, even for someone not really trying to loose weight. The same goes for those frozen dinners. Read labels carefully, and if you can, try and learn to prepare low-calorie meals for yourself. That way, you can control the nutritional content, and you won't have to worry about the extra additives.
Allrecipes.com has many different kinds of recipes listed (not all are low fat or low calorie though). For most of the recipes listed, there is information about calories per serving, and other nutritional information.
Counseling may help, but I have a feeling that they may suggest you try some of the things I have listed here, so why not try implementing some of these ideas first? Keep in mind, that weight loss does take commitment and time. Don't give up!
Best Wishes to you.

+*+scribblednotes+*+
Rating
eat healthy and exercise lots

mad's
no, you dont need counseling, i am the EXACT same height and way, ..i gained from emotional overeating, compulsive eating. THE ONLY way to lose and keep it off, is not pills or starving, its a slow process and you must burn more calories than you take in, so if you stay about 1500 calories and exercise 30 minutes each day, which is nothing, ..you'll do great, dont stress over it, dont weigh yourself every day either, you'll only gain more by the stress, and you are not 'way" overweight either~ 130 would be great....so change your way of thinking, snack on fruits after 6 pm and take a nice walk with your music or any other activity that you like, good luck, you'll be fine.
..and eat healthy, watch portions, dont do that low carb or no carb b.s. ...80 percent of weight lost comes back and then some, plus its all high fat food which has its own problems, stick with fruits, veggies, ...skim milk , whole grains and salads, lots of fiber, ....nuts too, and healthy protein, turkey and fish are good choices, by organic any time you can.

?
Rating
lol

Sweet girl
Eat cereal for breakfast (special k is good) eat a sandwich for lunch ( Turkey is good and less calories then other sandwiches) for dinner eat anything you want but don't fill your self up. for snacks eat fruits or apple dipped in peanut putter (it's fine as long as you eat fruits) drink a lot of water during the day. Dance for half and hour and walk for half an hour. You'll lose around 5 pounds in two weeks now that's losing weight the healthy way. losing weight is more about the way you eat not exercise. Good luck!

JessShutterBug
Rating
i think that being an emotional eater does need to be talked out with a counselor...
eating right is a priority. if your high school has a nutrition and wellness class...i highly recommend it. im in one at my high school and i have lost 20 pounds in 3 months just from eating right.
definately try doing some activities that relieve your stress. maybe listening to soft music, taking a bubble bath, taking a nap, or going for a walk.
i hope everything works out for you :)

Alicia Ton
try to avoid eating sugary foods.

htinhausa
Low carb diet
the best one, it really works
you can eat bacon, eggs, ham, cheese, salads, vegetables, meat, chicken....
and also remember to drink alot of water...
water helps you alot on losing weight
good luck !

Sakura
Rating
Try eating several SMALL meals a day... this works for me and keeps my metabolism going.

Breakfast a 7am, snack at 9:30am, lunch at 12pm, snack at 2:30pm, dinner at 5pm.

And remember to drink lots of water!

Swanky
exercise, eat right, cut out the fast food and crappy simple carbs (cookies/chips/cake etc)

rena c
Rating
call jenny!

?
I have lost over 40 pounds since last summer how you ask well not by pills or ne thing like that, i started eating fruit and slads instead of candy or chips! I walk my dog a mile a day and I exercise 25 mins 3x's a week. i dont care who says it dont work i went from a size 18 jeans to now a 10 and im still going try this let me know how it works for you. but remember every person is different!!!!! :)

Zane C
weight watchers

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, March 25, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy