Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why do i do this? HELP!?
I cant stop moving the furinture in my house around. I cant help it, i just get bored really quickly and have to change everything around. I change all the rooms around at least once a week. My ...

Why do I feel as though I don't deserve anything, including happiness and contentment?
I'm a 17 year old boy. I guess that I've been struggling with some internal emotional issues lately.

I live what would be seen as by most people as a very "easy" life. I...

Are you a shy eater?
Like you feel uncomfortable eating in public?

I am If I'm by myself. And that's all the time....

Can everyone type in only one word?
Concerning ...

I need help from someone Fast?
well my gf and i had xxx and now she is pregnant. she is 1 month and her mom noticed and is asking about it and told my parents. i am ready to kill myself. what should i do?...

If you were to wake up and find out you were dead, would the shock kill you ?
.......:-)...

Why do i feel this way???
Im turning 14 today. I have a boyfriend who i love much, i have close friends too. But lately, i just wanna die. I went thro a rly moody few weeks and ended up cutting myself. But i have my bf (...

Im 25 years old and all I do all day is get high on LSD. Can that be harmful?
HUUUUUUUUH...

How do i make the voices in my head go away?

Why do people ask questions about suicide?
why do people ask questions like, "what is the best way to kill yourself" or "i want to kill myself, how should i?" or are just stating the fact that they are going to kill ...

What 2 do when u r bored 2 death?
any suggestions of what to do when u r bored?...

My cousin just died!?
My cousin just died in a new york shoot out and he was my best friend. I miss him so and i get to decide what happens to his ashes. i don't know whether to keep them, have them buried, or ...

What is preventing you from leading a happy life?

What do these symptoms mean?
depresion+no sleep+talks to self+invents a differnt life+rapid mood swings+attemped sucide+self ...

How can I get over a fear of dying?

What are you scared of?
eg. ...

How would you describe suicide in one word?

Whats wrong with Suicide?
I'm a Philosophy, Cinema, Psychology student at NYU. Last semester my philosophy class was discussing the ethics of suicide. My class came to the conclusion that suicide is completely ...

I'm really afraid to go to sleep?
I know it sounds really weird, but lately I've been afraid to go to sleep because I'm afraid that I'll be sick in the middle of the night. I know it sounds irrational, but I'm ...

Depression.....?
What is the best thing to do to get rid of depression.. I'm on antidepressants but don't want to take them for the rest of my life ... And i'm single coz blokes don't understand/ ...

SuburbanJohn
Shouldn't I just kill Myself?
OK here it goes. im pretty sure i should just kill myself. theres no point in me living
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER
-Im hairy on my Entire body
-im not at all smart
-my parents don't care what happens to me
-in fact my family has just went bankrupt and we have to sell everything we own soon
-i get yelled at for nothing, stuff like dropping a piece of paper on the ground AND picking it up
-i have no talents of any kind
-my hearing is bad
-im almost legally blind
-im not attractive
-i haven't felt happy since i was in 6th grade, im now a senior
-im not funny or serious or any emotion, just blank
-ive tried to change my ways many, many times it doesnt work for me.
-im pretty short for a guy,
-i have very bad ankles and very fragile bone structure
-im weak
-i dont like talking
-no place would hire me
-im a really nice guy and no one really likes nice guys,

i just dont fit in anywhere
i just dont belong anywhere
no one even really know i exist
IHML

Carolina
Rating
Sweetheart,

Everyone loves nice guys. You'll make it through okay. You're so young you haven't really had a chance to live your life yet. High school is horrible and whats worse is when your in it you think it's the whole world. You wont hate your life once you have a little control over it. And if you still do there are so many things you can change. Being blank is a sign of depression. There's nothing wrong with you. You can try medication or counseling. If i were you the first thing I'd do would be to try to find an interest or hobby. Particularly if you do something to help someone else it'll put things in perspective for you and make you feel useful and good about yourself.

Anyway I know nothing I've said here is particularly helpful, but mostly i just wanted you to know that people care about you, even ones that don't know you. It's not pity. I've been there felt that. Life'll get better.

bassdoc
Rating
I don't think you are a nice guy. A nice guy would not be so mean to himself.
Choose to be happy - it's hard work.
You have a talent that you have not discovered yet. Seek it out and make the world a better place.

Water Angel
Rating
You poor thing!! Do not I repeat DO NOT kill yourself!!!!! You should live till your old dude!! I can not believe you want to kill yourself. You know your parents are going to be heart broken. You don't want them to feel that way do you? Your parents are probably feeling horrible because there bankupt. they are nervous about everything. You can make new friends by saying hi.i think. you could try excirsing more. I like nice guys, and I don't care how they look. As long as they have good personalities. Of couse you have emotions. Everybody does. Don't worry, something good will happen to you. I'm sure of it. =)

myliedawg
u should not do that there is ways to fix that and not by killing your self be yourself and people will like you 4 who u r.god gave u life and u should use it for good and live it like its suppost to be lived. ~kaitlyn

ems
Rating
get a make over and make money.. and move out and try and be happy.

totss_72
dont kill yourself- no matter HOW bad things get your always gonna be you. you need to like yourself for you & not worry about other people. make it on your own & dont worry about everyone else but DONT kill yourself. that is no way to leave this world

Me
If you wanted to kill yourself, you would have done it already!!!!! You most likely do not have the stupidity to do it so quit thinking about it. You seem like you have lots of problems, you gotta myspace maybe we can chat. Some of your issues are pretty rediculus though, some people including girls like nice guys. If you really wanted to change your ways (I don't mean thinking about it and trying it a couple of times, I mean accually physciology doing it and commiting to it) you would have done it, learn to cope with your supposed "bad ways" and become more happy for example; you put you dont like talking, well my response is then don't talk unless you feel like challenging yourself with social interactions. hope this helps. if you still like killing yourself tommorow after alot of thought and reasoning behind not doing it then you probably should, but I doubt you will, your not stupid enough for it.

danny h
Okay, here is what you can do:
Take one day to start off: shave off that hair on your back and face, get some good friends, find a good hobby or two, and make a schedule to be able to finish homework, study, workout, and hang with friends.

Sacrifice one day, and from then on, it is all about self confidence and time managment.

Golden Femurr
Rating
Whats bad about being hairy if you're a guy?

I like nice guys. Trust me im on the verge of suicide myself. Ive been depressed since i was 13, but i try.

I like nice guys. I love nice guys. And bad hearing isnt something to kill yoruself over.

Please give me a try? Im not going to be preachy. I want to talk. I can relate to alot of those things, so see? you're not alone.

just give me a chance and we'll talk. email me.

Um ... also dont worry. As open minded as i am, i do not believe in god so i wont try to convert you haha. i believe in music. that is what i live for.

usher ho
dont do it you wind up in a worsse place then this at least live and work on these thing your worth saving belive me ive been there live to see a maui sunset a milloon thing i care cuz i been there /DONT DO IT PLZ.

kaylie
I hope this is not a joke!!!
If this is for real than I want you to know that God loves you and if you kill yourself than you will spend forever in a place called HELL...TRUST ME YOUR LIFE IS WONDERFUL COMPARED TO THE LIFE YOU WOULD LIVE IN HELL BURNING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Easter was yesterday ....you know that Jesus died for you ...because he loves you...and you are smart and nice and have lots talents...you just don't give yourself a chance to see the good things about yourself because your too busy putting yourself down all the time.....YOu know in 2004 I broke my neck and lacerated my right forhead off in a car accident...I hated my face and how I looked and having to learn how to walk and eat all over again...But I was not died and the doctors told me I should of died....But God has a purpose for our lifes.......and believe me he did not create you and spend all that time on you...so that you could take the easy way out and kill yourself!!! If you want a friend I will be your friend and If you want someone to love you and care about you.....God is only a prayer away.

Confused_gurl_kj
first of all you need to be more positive about yourself. You need to think about the good things! Everyone has good thing you just need to think! I like focusing on the bad to but that just makes you feel horrible. I would suggest talking to a counsleor.. They can really help you find ways to improve your life and thinking. They can help you also with family problems. Try to be more positive and try to talk to someone.. It may help!!

coolgurl
Rating
NO ILL BE YOUR FRIEND!!! :)

Mkate
Maybe if you weren't so negative, people would want to be around you. =)
Dont hurt yourself. You'll regret it.

Kairi
Rating
give life another chance......it took forever for ur parents to get you out...and yes they do care about you.......try making a myspace then find some there

egv_ny
Rating
don;t just do that yet...there is another Borat movie coming, and another Will Ferrel's....you don't want to miss them. and some Jack A$$ flicks on MTV, and you don;t wanna know what happens to Britney, Paris, and Nicole ?, or see JLO"s children grow, come on, pollution, crime,unenployment is not that bad yet, don;t you want to know if Lindsay Lohan rehabilatates herself ? or who is the next american idol ? I would stick around to also see the next Miss Universe, or the Spitzer call girl posing in Hustler..or maybe Brad and Angelina will adopt another kid !!! you'll miis that also..you will miss a lot dude..stay put, for sure you don't want to miss what celebrity is scheduled next to our rehab clinics...we cherish them more and pay more attention that what happens at the Federal Reserve,, and what about the gossips from Holywood, fashion trends, who did what ? who divorced who, who married who etc...anyway there is a lot to happen still in Irak, maybe we will dscover who are we figthing against, so again stick around pal, stand tall.

ghenghisartichoke
Rating
It sounds like you are suffering from some form of depression. It's a medical condition, it can be treated, and it's not your fault. Does your school have a health professional like a nurse or counselor on staff? That would be a good place to start. But do seek treatment.

Doubt
-I have no friends
-When i try to make friends it NEVER works...EVER

Therapy could help you get over any insecurities you might have so that making friends is easier (or at least possible). I'm sure there are people out there who would love to be a friend to you.

-Im hairy on my Entire body

Get a full body wax. It might hurt a bit, but this problem is a cinch to take care of!

-im not at all smart

You're smart enough to use the computer, get online, and most of - smart enough to seek help and advice.

-my parents don't care what happens to me

They probably do, but you can't see it. Even if they don't, you're worthy of love and respect regardless of how you've been treated by them.

-in fact my family has just went bankrupt and we have to sell everything we own soon

Dave Ramsey (a well known financial advisor) went bankrupt and lost everything he had. He's now a millionaire and gives advice to people to help them get out of debt and live in financial freedom. You aren't your parents - even if they were homeless, you can still come out on top if you work hard.

-i get yelled at for nothing, stuff like dropping a piece of paper on the ground AND picking it up

It sounds like your parents are stressed over their own problems (financial and otherwise) and are taking it out on you. Just remind yourself that they're in pain and are simply taking it out on you unjustly - it's not your fault.

-i have no talents of any kind

Develop them! Practice something every day, no matter how small or how short a time period. Find interests and pursue them, even if they seem silly to others.

-my hearing is bad

There are hearing aids and other medical help available.

-im almost legally blind

I know a guy who's legally blind and has a wonderful family and a good life. It's made him a stronger person. With scientific advances, who knows what'll be available to help in a few years?

-im not attractive

I'm sure you're attractive to someone. Even if you aren't physically attractive, I've seen countless unattractive people find love and lead good lives.

-i haven't felt happy since i was in 6th grade, im now a senior

You might be clinically depressed. See a doctor and see what's going on.

-im not funny or serious or any emotion, just blank

This again sounds like depression - apathy.

-ive tried to change my ways many, many times it doesnt work for me.

Inventors try things hundreds of times before they figure out the right way to accomplish something. If they'd given up just one time before trying again, they would have failed. The key is to keep trying, keep pushing through, and never give up.

-im pretty short for a guy,

I've met some very short girls who like short guys (if you're straight). Don't let it get you down.

-i have very bad ankles and very fragile bone structure

Have you been to the doctor about this?

-im weak

Could be a symptom of depression. If you're talking about muscle-wise, why not build some up?

-i dont like talking

Then don't talk! Entertain yourself with solitary pursuits like reading, studying interesting topics, running, playing an instrument, or anything else that you can do alone.

-no place would hire me

There's got to be somewhere that would. It seems like you have a warped perception because you're so down on yourself and likely depressed.

-im a really nice guy and no one really likes nice guys,

This is completely false. Any person worth dating or hanging out with respects nice guys.

All in all, you seem very depressed and jaded with the world. This affects your view and gives you a negative outlook, which makes your life a self-fullfilling prophecy of bad events. Please see someone about this. Things will change if you'll give it an honest shot.

Paige M
Rating
Dont kill yourself.

think of all the things you want to do and still havent done.

Torie K.
Rating
life will get better. suicide is a permant solution to a temporary problem.....keep that in mind.

Holy Disciple of Rock
Rating
And even with all those ""defects" you think you have, Jesus thinks your beautiful and worth dying for. That is a reason to not kill yourself. I am not you and don't know how you stand in life but I have to say that God knows you exist and now so do I. People don't matter, God matters. You should make a list of all the positive things in your life. It's too easy to make a negative list because that is all we as people focused on, but your worth more than this. I am overweight, not good looking, don't have a girlfriend,no car,no job,my dog of 4 years just died in November,we hardly make it by on what my mom makes,I sometimes feel I have no talents,I'm a nice guy and always finished last,I have felt as an emotional blank. If I were to focus on those things I would go crazy! Now If you want to really change your life and really make a difference, then email; me at sixfootmidgets@hotmail.com and we will speak peer to peer, brother to brother , man to man. God bless you and don'y forget to reach out for God's love!

fuzzytickles102030
smoke some marijuana, it will give you a new perspective on life!

♪♫Inspire♫♪ ~♥
Rating
You know, man, as stifling as it is to have several zillion million billion people in this world, there's one good thing- you'll always someone to fit in with.

Looks don't matter. It's a shallow fact, to be a slave to society. Ignore them...

Me? I like really nice guys! I love them! Why on earth would I want some bad-***, self-conceited lunatic who thinks he's real cool because he disses others? Pft. Trust me, people do accept you. Someone out there will adore all that hair. Never lose hope. Ever. The world may seem ugly...but in truth? It's messed up, yeah, but in a beautiful way that makes it work.

If you're a senior, then you can move out soon, right? Find a dream, a hobby, a career, a something to move you onward and up. :)

2 dogs and a little crazy
Rating
I love you, and Jesus loves you.

I am not a Holy Roller, I am just a person who like you, cannot rely on a human to make me feel good about myself. I go to Christ.

I grew up being VERY insecure. I still am.
I have a huge nose, and people tell me I look like Helen Hunt all the time, and I don't think she is that pretty.

My brothers called me big nose everytime we fought growing up. I hated my life.

And people would always consider me kinda weird because I tried so hard to fit in. I got really bad grades in school too, and I had tubes in my ears too. I can relate to you on almost every level. Now I am 32 years old and I am still insecure, but I go to God when I am feeling bad about myself.

But you know what, even people that are beautiful on the outside are not perfect. No one is. And we all have something beautiful about us. You may not realize that right now because your feeling so bad right now.

If you are a Christian you need to go to God with this problem, if your not you need to ask Jesus into your heart, and when you have needs and problems you can always go to him. It's called Faith... you just have to believe.

I am sorry you are feeling so down and out....

Mariposa1431
NO DON'T DO IT... MY FRIENDS WAZ JUST LIKE THAT... U WILL FIND FRIENDZ AND A PERSON THAT WILL LUV U 4 U AND NOT CARE HOW U LOOK

malissa
Rating
Wow. you're a natural at putting yourself down. Truth is you would have killed yourself by now if you were truly unhappy. there's at least one thing you think there is worth living for. So what, you (think) you're ugly, you're poor (like most people, including myself), you're a nice guy (which is generally a good thing), and you have no self confidence. And posting it on the internet is just proof that you want someone to stop you and make you feel good about yourself, which isn't shameful; its freaking human nature.

You need friends, not a suicide man.

raymo73
Wow.

Have you tried earning a couple of bucks. You'd be suprised how differently the world looks at you when you have money.

♪♫Strawberry Fields Forever♪♫
I think a lot of people feel like that in high school. It's really hard to fit in, and especially if you're having problems at home, it seems almost impossible to get through the day. But, know this: it can only get better. That's what's great about turning 18 and graduating from high school: you get to start a new life if you want. Apply for scholarships, go to community college or get a job right out of high school. That way, you can move out of your house and I guarantee that you'll meet new people at your job or in college.

Life seems impossible sometimes, but, the hard times do pass. Instead of making a list of all of the terrible things going on in your life, try making a list of the positive things about yourself. It may seem hard at first, but, slowly keep adding things to the list. It may be something as simple as you liking your feet or your collection of movies.

Just try and take small steps. If you need anything, just message me. I've gone through terrible depressions and it really helped to have a stranger talk me through my tough times.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy