Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

My sister just stopped breathing. She isn't answering my questions.?
what should I do......

How do i cope with the death of my dad?
any ideas how im ment feel or is feeling numb normal
Additional Details
thank you for all your kind words it's going be hard 2 ...

I am 23 years old. I depend too much on my parents for everything. Am I normal?

Should you ever seek revenge on someone who has caused you suffering and/or pain? Why/Why not?

Weird question that ive always wondered
What time is it and what state do you live in,
I live in oregon and is 4:00 am ...

I only have four cigarettes left?
what am i suppose to do i wont have any money until tomorrow and four cigarettes wont last that long. im not tired so sleeping wont help. IM FREAKING OUT!!! what do i ...

Does any one wish they could delete unwanted information out of their heads?
I find I have far too good of a memory, I remember too much useless knowledge....

How can i improve my knoledge?

How can i get my 17 year old g/f to have a b00b job, i fear she is going saggy already and its not nice?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)!...

I can't control my temper, what can i do about it?
serouisly, i am really gonna end up killing someone one day and i can't stop arguing with my mam. everyday is hell for me! how can i stop being so stressed out? no nasty people please, i know i&#...

Suicide please help?
i am 21 old with Cerebral Palsy i can walk and do everything i just walk funny i have a felony for robbery when i was 18 for a coat that fall off during a fight and then a few months later lost a ...

How do you get ride of stress?

I'm getting ready to snort heroin for the first time. What can I expect?

What is your fear??
what are you most afraid of and why??

its ok dont be ascared!! xxx x x x x
Additional Details
well im arachnaphobic - fear ...

Should I run around the neighborhood naked screaming "I'M A LITTLE GIRL!!"?

Do I have to tell my employer I take antidepressants?
Ive just finished college and Im going to start applying for jobs. Everyone I know that works in the field Im going into said they had to do a medical prior to getting there jobs, during with time ...

How do you get rid of stress?

Suicide thoughts?
Ever since I was twelve I have thoughts almost everyday of commiting suicide. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on Father's Day, but I still have those thoughts. I have a thing against ...

I'm drunk and feel really depressed?
No words can describe how low i feel right now,i'we been drinking none stop to help me for get my probs,i'm so down right now....

Do i need help!!!!!?
everytime i have an argument with my boyfriend my anger goes out of control i kick things,hit things,shout,really cry and worse of all harm my boyfriend can someone tell me do i need help and what ...

potzy413
How can I make my 16 yr old daughter quit eating boogers, dandruff, ear wax, crusty skin, etc.?
I am very concerned due to my daughter being 16 years old. If she was a little girl it would not concern me nearly as much. I will appreaciate any help and advice. Thank you in advance.
Additional Details
Thank you all for the feedback. I am mainly concerned with the way she will be treated at school if she is seen doing this. She does it in front of the family often, so I am sure she does it at school and away from home also. She is seeing a counselor but we haven't mentioned it to him, and she is emarassed for us to mention it to him. So, I am not sure what to do in that situation. We have tried talking with her and asking her why she does it, but she will not communicate with us about the issue. I appreciate everyones help and hope to hear more from you. Thank you.

H.D :P
just try scaring her by telling her stories plus its rly nasty nd tell her that it is bad for her nd its bad 2 do it in public or sumthing like that

Peter Gorris
Tell her to knock it off, and that if you catch her doing it again you're going to revoke some of her privileges (tv, computer, phone, weekend, friends over, et cetera).

If she keeps it up even after you've taken away many privileges, take her into the doctor's office and have her evaluated for pica and psychological problems.

If that checks out and she's just disgusting like that, then keep punishing her until she gets the point. Tell her in no uncertain terms that that's f*cking disgusting and she needs to stop.

tigerg33
Thats weird and gross. Does she do it in front of people like its nothing or does she do it in private and you catch her alot? She must know that its gross. If not then tell her its not an appropriate thing to do unless she was 2. Also that no boy will want to date her. Tell her something! Yuck....

Christina P
quit being an *** we know you're full of it! next time make it good!

Me
Why would you want to force her to quit? Im not trying to teach you how to parent, take what I have to say in your own way. Isn't the teenage years about fitting in and popularity, she is only 16 so she is only just begining to experience alot of these realities, she will change and mature before you know it (peer pressure is also a good thing sometimes). Also, maybe the fact that you don't won't her to do those things may be the reason she is doing it in the first place, as you know the teenage years are also usually about rebellion to common beliefs and systems including parents. Then again, maybe she has some kind of learning disorder (like Autism or Asperger Syndrom), you might want to do some reasearch and see if that applies, if it does then the reasearch you have done will help you with all the questions you might have (or you could see a doctor).

Just my help, for what its worth, im 18 and have (unofficially) autism (aspergers) so (even though that is kinda gross) I kinda know something, or at least think I do. Just some ideas, take it as you please.

Terry L
Rating
Take a photo, a couple of her doing this, sit down with her and show it to her. The words what to say will come.

I wanna be a beach bum
Rating
video tape her doing it and threaten to show it to her classmates if she doesn't stop.
seriously!

Sam V
Rating
tell her that you will punish her for it if she keeps doing it. and also tell her that it is embarrasing for a sixteen year old to eat her own boogers and such from her body. maybe also tell her you will give her candy instead or something.

Himpalapotamus
Rating
Videotape her doing it and show it to her. That will do it.

Josh
thats not normal ..

yahwhooon
Rating
Feed Her Properly.

Kairi
well maybe its just a habit

honeykitten22
wow i dont think ive ever heard of that b4. wow have you told her thats digusting and shes not a little kid anymore. perhaps she has a serious underlying problem take her to a doctor.

mention it to the counilor if shes embarrased then she might stop or he could help. good luck

Wendy b
Rating
it truly sounds like she does need counseling, maybe an anxiety issue or such

rottymom02
I think that may be a medical condition- some sort of a vitamin/mineral shortage in her diet... Some one else posted about pica... I think you should check into that.
Your sensitivity toward this will go a long way too! embarrassing her because she might have a medical reason for doing this is just plain mean. I would do my best to research medical reasons or conditions FIRST before resorting to shaming or embarrassing her.

Kaytee
Oh wow.. i have no idea.

Monica
I agree it might be pica. talk to the psychologist asap

blueberry yum yum!
Rating
i have read about this before and i can't find the name of the disorder, but it seems that it happens out of nervousness alot.. i also read that children who exhibit these characteristics are more likely to have communicative disorderse as well.. or anxiety disorders... maybe take her to a doctor

иιcolε ♥ Miss Ascend Finance
Ew thats horrible, maybe she has a fascination with things that are naturally produced by the body? Its more likely the habits were picked up from children at her school when she was younger.

Artie B
Rating
Maybe feed her real food more often?

kaylie
Rating
This will sound nasty...but it worked on my 9 year old sister.
Try showing her a taste of her own nasty habbits.....by eating something nasty like her right in front of her and make sure it's nasty to the point that she almost throws up when she sees you eat it.....
She will understand what she does to poeple everyday when she eats nasty **** in front of people.

Jimmymac
Rating
Threaten to tell all her friend, or get a photo of her doing it and tell her you,re going to post it on facebook!

TehLlamaGlama
I used to do the same thing. What really helps is if she puts bandaids on the fingers tips of her pointer finger and thumb. This way, she wont be able to grip at the scabs, buggers, dandruff,...etc.
She may also just need to keep her fingers busy. I keep an elastic band around my wrist and, if I have the urge to pick or pull, I either snap the band or play with it.
Good luck!

miss.K
Rating
Maybe you should make her go in a therapy of some kind or see someone that she could talk with and that could teach her not to do this.

bugginme
i think you may want to discuss it with a doctor. sounds like she may have pica.

ARCHER
Bribe her with money, candy, cell phone, if this fails, pull the plug, and reactivate it.

bozogirl123
Stop worrying. I am 50 and did all that when I was younger. It ain't fatal. Just tell her not to do it in public.

BRASiL 01
ew um take her to a psycologist

Its A BOY! 32 wks w/#4
Rating
I would like to know also, but last time I asked this question I got REPORTED! and now I lost my other account and am suspended, thats why I have this new one.

I would really like to know why u do not get reported and I did twice!

jlhpisces
She may have pica

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_(disorder)

Check with her doctor

junipersephone
Rating
Sounds like a psychological problem. A compulsive disorder or something similar.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy