Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

How do you fight lazziness?

Dont you wish sometimes to curl up in a ball and die?

Why am i depressed? is it because there are things i cant change? or is it because im ill?
to clarify. would i be depressed if everything was ok.. so am i just p*ssed off?
Additional Details
you lovely kind people thanks. i cant do anti depressants. im fighting it . sometimes ...

My fiance was a kidnap victim, who was raped and beaten for two years. She now suffers from PTSD..any advice?
I would like to know how to handle this delicately. The man responsible will be out of prison October of next year, and we will have to face him in court to make it ok for me to legally adopt the ...

Is there anyone who can reassure me please?
i feel lost and i dont know who i am. i need hope. what if everything in my life goes wrong? i feel so alone, please help :-( thank you xxx
Additional Details
aged 14, not on medicines, ...

What is not good to do while sleeping?

Im depressed. I think. I cant think a happy thought at all. Why?
Im 19 years old. I still live at home. I dont go out, i dont do anything fun. I dont have any friends in town, they all went off to college. Basically i have no friends. I go to a job i hate and i am ...

What do i do in this situation? Preferably adults answer please!?
Ok so my fiancee and i are having problems. I am ADHD, and sometimes i cannot control the way I act. I am controlling and very demanding i dont listen and im mean. I hate this so much I cry everyday. ...

If you see a homeless person who appears to be 'crazy', how do you think s/he became that way?
Do you think that life on the street did that to him or her, OR do you think that a mental problem led him/her to the street?...

Someone burned my hair?
a group of idiotic boys burned my hair yesterday. it wasn't alot of hair that was burned off but what pisses me off is i dont even know these people and they just thought it would be funny to ...

Why do people lie?

I have a presentation to do in front of 50 people and im shy, if i get drunk before it will it make it easier?

Why are extroverted people easy to forget their firends?

Is it normal?
is it normal to be your own worst enemy? like, i hear a voice in my head thats a little like mine, but it trys to get me to do stuff, like, asking out a girl, or doing something crazy-uber. i dont ...

Does MADNESS prevent INSANITY??
I know you may think i'm contradicting myself, but if you think about it.....Those people who are a little mad in their daily lives, like doing stupid acts and unexpected things such as doing a ...

Are anti-depressants really the answer?
I have been going through some really difficult times with my marriage, my family and myself for some time.
My wife and I have been seeing different psychologists plus we go to two different ...

Ok so what do u think of cutting if it is not done for attention, not done to kill ones self...read more.....?
okay so like if someone had been cutting only they did it like on their stomachs or somewhere where clothes covered it and someone accidentaly saw it and they said that the cutter had been doin it ...

Can a person with Down Syndrome play an instrument?

Is it safe to just double my medication?
I take anti-depressant Efexor (xl) 150mg daily but I feel really low. Is it safe to just double my dose until I can get to a doctor?
Thanks....

I have a question for anyone who has dealt with people who cut themselves?
i work with a girl with this problem. she's 23, i'm 47. help me understand why she does this! she talks about it a little. she denied that she still does it, but recently admitted that ...

brightdarkness
How to treat depression without professional help or drugs?
I do have depression symptom.
I'm a little workers ant so dont expect me to seek help from a professional.

restless
Rating
If you find that some of the current suggestions here dont quite relieve your symptoms then there are some alternatives to seeking proffesional help, although obviously this would be a good place to start in understanding why you are experiencing these symptoms. Herbal remedies can help, particularly st.johns wort, garlic supplements can help with anxiety, and omega oils can help restore the brains natural chemical balance which can contribute to deppressive feelings.
Self help books can also be useful and inexpensive if you shop around. Excersise is a good method for relieving deppression, but if there are underlying reasons contributing to your feelings then its likely that you may experience deppressive feelings even with excercise and supplements and so it's important to think carefully about how you feel and try to analyse any possible areas of your life that may need changing. Hope this helps.

cabron
Rating
when ı feel really depressed ı speak to animals,it really relaxes me (better than dope huh?)

elijma104
if your not religius, get your butt to church and pray. give it all to god to sort out.it helps!

gabi2smith
Your question is not very clear: when you say "treat" depression , it sounds like you are looking for a "treatment" and that you can I think only get from someone else. It is as difficult to treat oneself, as it is difficult to self-prescribe medication. If you mean: how can I become a person who is not depressed, without drugs or professional help, then you are on your own, because only YOU can bring about that change. Only you can decide to implement changes to your routines, habits, lifestyle, environment etc. etc. which might alleviate or even end your feelings of depression. The most difficult thing is the very fist step to do something about it. But by going on this website you may have started something really positive for yourself - although it may be with the help of some opinions of others...?

kelly33mk
Rating
Honestly I have to say that depression is not something to turn your back on. If you are truly depressed not taking medication to help can end up with fatal results. If you choose not to go to the doctor try going to the library and find a book on herbal remedies for depression.I know I may sound doctor pushy but I have suffered from depression all of my life and when I have been untreated it has had almost fatal results. Yet as a friend of mine just pointed out I am assuming that your depression is a lot worse than it may be and if true in that case, there are many things including change is sleeping patterns and diet and excessive that can help immensely.

DNE_07
Rating
Get laid

dirrtypirate
i agree with all these answers but iv hear people are happier when the have a religion to fallow. you dont have to be a religious freak but believe in something and talk about it with others

jibbers4204
Rating
Yes it can be expensive to go to a shrink for help. If u are just alittle depressed and not Maniac or going to take your own life then i think the best thing is to do is keep busy and never sit for too long so u think all the time about whats bothering you. If u are seriously depressed then get professional help!

MentalCaseMaggot
Exercise is good, and try cutting back caffinee. There are many free mental health clinics around too. I was broke in Cali, and I got help..I paid them $42 a year to see them, and the meds were free, and they would even mail them to me. You could always look into that if you can't find your own solution. :) Good Luck

Classy Lady
i've dealt with it a lot, get out more, socialize, relax with a calming bubble bath and a glass of wine, read books, keep busy, make yourself happy

peachy_starz14
ive heard of exercising, eating better and better sleeping habits (going to bed around the same time every night, stuff like that) can help you...

~"B.Y.H."~
http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/

xsquelettex
be optimistic everything in life has a positive and negative light, you can't think something is negative unless you knew it was also positive, therefore, look at its bright side and follow that ideology, depression is a result of pessimism and truly a waste of time and energy

hodgey1972
Rating
i found exercise (cardio and weights) and also about 9 mins a week on a sunbed.(per week)

jedimaster_46545
yes here you go...

1 get up off your a**.
2 stop feeling sorry for your self
3 go do something

grammybebe
Rating
Apparently JediMaster has never been troubled with true depression. It has NOTHING to with sitting around on you @#@#. See a Dr. exercise and talk with good friends

flowerlover12003
A little workers? Don't understand that. Check out site below.

livinghaunted
there are a number of things that I find to be very theraputic. finding a quiet place to sit and mull over things until I can find a workable solution. I read. I play computer games that have me killing things. but most importantly, if I can't find a friend to talk to, I write out my pain in my journals, poetry, and sometimes even writing the story of what I'm going through at the present time can be very theraputic. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy