Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Is there anyone who can reassure me please?
i feel lost and i dont know who i am. i need hope. what if everything in my life goes wrong? i feel so alone, please help :-( thank you xxx
Additional Details
aged 14, not on medicines, ...

What is not good to do while sleeping?

Im depressed. I think. I cant think a happy thought at all. Why?
Im 19 years old. I still live at home. I dont go out, i dont do anything fun. I dont have any friends in town, they all went off to college. Basically i have no friends. I go to a job i hate and i am ...

What do i do in this situation? Preferably adults answer please!?
Ok so my fiancee and i are having problems. I am ADHD, and sometimes i cannot control the way I act. I am controlling and very demanding i dont listen and im mean. I hate this so much I cry everyday. ...

If you see a homeless person who appears to be 'crazy', how do you think s/he became that way?
Do you think that life on the street did that to him or her, OR do you think that a mental problem led him/her to the street?...

Someone burned my hair?
a group of idiotic boys burned my hair yesterday. it wasn't alot of hair that was burned off but what pisses me off is i dont even know these people and they just thought it would be funny to ...

Why do people lie?

I have a presentation to do in front of 50 people and im shy, if i get drunk before it will it make it easier?

Why are extroverted people easy to forget their firends?

Is it normal?
is it normal to be your own worst enemy? like, i hear a voice in my head thats a little like mine, but it trys to get me to do stuff, like, asking out a girl, or doing something crazy-uber. i dont ...

Does MADNESS prevent INSANITY??
I know you may think i'm contradicting myself, but if you think about it.....Those people who are a little mad in their daily lives, like doing stupid acts and unexpected things such as doing a ...

Are anti-depressants really the answer?
I have been going through some really difficult times with my marriage, my family and myself for some time.
My wife and I have been seeing different psychologists plus we go to two different ...

Ok so what do u think of cutting if it is not done for attention, not done to kill ones self...read more.....?
okay so like if someone had been cutting only they did it like on their stomachs or somewhere where clothes covered it and someone accidentaly saw it and they said that the cutter had been doin it ...

Can a person with Down Syndrome play an instrument?

Is it safe to just double my medication?
I take anti-depressant Efexor (xl) 150mg daily but I feel really low. Is it safe to just double my dose until I can get to a doctor?
Thanks....

I have a question for anyone who has dealt with people who cut themselves?
i work with a girl with this problem. she's 23, i'm 47. help me understand why she does this! she talks about it a little. she denied that she still does it, but recently admitted that ...

How can i avoid that awful sunday evening pre - work depression?
sunday afternoons are always spend feeling down + preparing for another boring week at work
is there a way around this?...

Used to have excellent memory but now just forget stuff easily what should i do?

Can't seem to get out my depression?
Im 19 and I've been feeling very low for too long now and have been secluding myself from all my friends for about 2 months. my parents have been my rock during the 2months and my two sisters ...

Any ideas on how to become more confident?

Additional Details
I am not really that ugly or so people tell me and i have a bunch of friends, just with myself i feel bad about myself....

xxx
Why is it that so many "teens" are so troubled these days?

nana4141
Rating
http://www.estatevaults.com/bol/archives/2005/11/

♥♥♥
because of stress at skool, friend problems, having a social life to deal with, perverted guys, i could go on and on ,,,

Japan_is_home
Rating
It is the stupid "Western Culture" they live in

butterfly_jewel03
Rating
because there's nothing better for them to do.

Chico Infierno
There is more of them.

Max Power
teens have always been troubled, but this time we get to see that more openly

thunderwear
Rating
because when they have "problems", they seem cool and they have something to complain about at lunch. i had a friend who cut herself just so people would feel bad for her.

Brillian† world-beyoundsur
Society. twisted values

unknown
single parents having to work multiple jobs to survive, leaving children to be raised by the tv and their peers. all of that and video games. in the real world lifes problems cant be solved between commercials and you wont find the skills to deal with life hiding in ninetindo land. so teens are without direction because of the lack of positive leadership earlier in life.

whitesilk
Rating
because when the parents try to descipline them, the parents can go to jail, so can the teachers

liquidcharm
Because there are few intelligent adults around them in this world to make it any other way. Adults make the violent disturbing video games, adults make decisions to blow up the world...which, by the way, they are doing. There is a sense of hopelessness in the world so how are teens supposed to feel?

about2teach
Rating
Lack of parental accountability. Lack of moral grounding. Lack of ethics, Lack of community...

mar
I think it is because parents are no longer parenting. They are more interested in careers and self, than raising responsible kids. They blame the teachers when their kids get in trouble at school. They are never home. They don't check up on what their kids are doing or watching. (Have you looked at MySpace.com lately?)

Today's teens have too much freedom, money and media. They don't have enough discipline, rules and punishment!

Jessica B
good question

diana_v13
Rating
in my opinion..there have always being.this "troubled"factor,during adolescence,however,only noticeable these days..where the "nuclear"family is a rare sight or luxury,to have extend end family living together.another factor,is that...many parents.goes into parenthood.barely "parenting"themselves.they have barely finished being "children"themselves.by their elders,and haven't got the qualities,and skills.to brought up a child.and since.the extended family is rarely seeing these days.children.are left mostly of the time on their own,being parented,. by unskilled or "unwise"parents,with lots of stresses.by both parents and children.and little merry making ,family values,nurturing and love,these youngesters,turn into "peer pressure"by their friends.trying to "fit"in the group,so as to show that they are "Growing up"or simply that,..they are "game"to do the things.they does,.sometimes.it maybe normal.as without all those so called"negative"experiences.we won't learn the values of "qualities"and vice-versa.we won't grow to be wise,and matured.by learn through our own choices and mistakes in life.

Jen
Rating
Hormones and Society

saphire.1985
Rating
To much freedom and money.....not enough discipline and understanding.

Catt
There are many contributing factors which range from societies influence, the media, peer pressures and the negativity which jumps or passes from person to person, and bad attitudes.
The needs they have which arent being met, and the inability to express these needs.
Also because they think they know it all, and won't listen to any sort of advice.
Parents, and there lack of attention towards their children, (not all, but in general). This must begin from the early years of their lives.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy