Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

If you see a homeless person who appears to be 'crazy', how do you think s/he became that way?
Do you think that life on the street did that to him or her, OR do you think that a mental problem led him/her to the street?...

Someone burned my hair?
a group of idiotic boys burned my hair yesterday. it wasn't alot of hair that was burned off but what pisses me off is i dont even know these people and they just thought it would be funny to ...

Why do people lie?

I have a presentation to do in front of 50 people and im shy, if i get drunk before it will it make it easier?

Why are extroverted people easy to forget their firends?

Is it normal?
is it normal to be your own worst enemy? like, i hear a voice in my head thats a little like mine, but it trys to get me to do stuff, like, asking out a girl, or doing something crazy-uber. i dont ...

Does MADNESS prevent INSANITY??
I know you may think i'm contradicting myself, but if you think about it.....Those people who are a little mad in their daily lives, like doing stupid acts and unexpected things such as doing a ...

Are anti-depressants really the answer?
I have been going through some really difficult times with my marriage, my family and myself for some time.
My wife and I have been seeing different psychologists plus we go to two different ...

Ok so what do u think of cutting if it is not done for attention, not done to kill ones self...read more.....?
okay so like if someone had been cutting only they did it like on their stomachs or somewhere where clothes covered it and someone accidentaly saw it and they said that the cutter had been doin it ...

Can a person with Down Syndrome play an instrument?

Is it safe to just double my medication?
I take anti-depressant Efexor (xl) 150mg daily but I feel really low. Is it safe to just double my dose until I can get to a doctor?
Thanks....

I have a question for anyone who has dealt with people who cut themselves?
i work with a girl with this problem. she's 23, i'm 47. help me understand why she does this! she talks about it a little. she denied that she still does it, but recently admitted that ...

How can i avoid that awful sunday evening pre - work depression?
sunday afternoons are always spend feeling down + preparing for another boring week at work
is there a way around this?...

Used to have excellent memory but now just forget stuff easily what should i do?

Can't seem to get out my depression?
Im 19 and I've been feeling very low for too long now and have been secluding myself from all my friends for about 2 months. my parents have been my rock during the 2months and my two sisters ...

Any ideas on how to become more confident?

Additional Details
I am not really that ugly or so people tell me and i have a bunch of friends, just with myself i feel bad about myself....

How Can I Make My Life Better?

Sucide? Please help! Some ones life is in danger!?
Okay. Last year (Novembersish) I found out that one of my best friends were cutting. And these were not thin little knife marks they were very large and looked as if she were trying to skin her ...

I just passed my driving test today, first attempt?
I got 8 minors, I had been learning for 5 months

Who want's to congratulate me??

T...

I've been prescribed with Citalopram by my Doc for my social anxiety. Has anyone had this work for them?

Nickda_corfu
Heroin addiction?
Hi, i have heard from many heroin users that 4 hits( injected) of heroin is all someone needs to get addicted. is this true or does it depend or each person?

vambosthirdincarnation
Rating
This is completely untrue. You need to use heroin on a daily basis for about three months to develop a physical addiction. The people who told you this are full of shite.

There are many people who use "addiction" as an excuse for their scummy lifestyle, and are not addicts at all. Three months, it takes.

Al3X
i dint get addicted till like me 9 th time......
j/k idk look it up at web md

ja'mie king
omg, like stay off the drugs, theyr for random losers, like seriously

krista
It will take about 4-5 uses for your body to be physically addicted. This means you'll be "dopesick" without it. You could be psychologically addicted after the first use, though. That means that you like it enough to do it again basically. The dude who stated it would take 3 months has absolutely no clue what he's talking about. Believe me, I speak from experience - after about 4 times, the body NEEDS the drug, otherwise you'll be sicker than you've ever been before.

Mr-K-
nobody thinks they will get addicted in the start. It happens to the best of people. Don't risk it.

freightgreat
Rating
I heard the stuff makes you vomit. Why would you even want to try it knowing it is addictive, dangerous and deadly? Not to mention it will probably put you out on the street if not 6 feet under.

spookychick2007
Rating
I don't know much about heroin, but years ago I did know some addicts, and yes--I would think that's accurate. At least for some people. If you are thinking about doing it, don't. And if you've already started, find a treatment center or call your doc. If you don't beat this right away, this monkey could stay on your back forever.

Teresa S
It would be hard to narrow it down to an exact amount before becoming an addict. Body chemistry and mental health issues could determine how fast an addiction could happen. Either way, Heroin is one of the most powerful drugs out there and one of the easiest for addiction to happen.

My Grain
Rating
It starts off as a psychological dependency then turns into a physical need.Shooting you are more or less addicted after the first couple(psychologically) cos the high is more intense than smoking it so Id say the chances are yes 4 hits would be enough!

L
Rating
once would be enough.
like any addiction, once you have tried it there is the temptation to try again. Before you realise it, you are no longer in control of the drug, the drug is in control of you.

columbo
Rating
one hit is enough, stay away, once tried there is always that temptation to go back again, this is how drug dealers get so many people hooked, it is addictive, if it wasn't then we wouldn't have so many heroin addicts around. It does depend on the person to a certain extent yes, as some people have more addictive personality's than others.My advice is don't even go there, if someone needs to take drugs they need to find the reason that is making them feel the need to use drugs to fill a void that they obviously feel is missing in their life..

The Death Bunny
that may be an average, or it may be a minimum possibility

different people and different personalities would require different amounts to become addicted

i_am_jenny24
i would have thought that after the first hit it would addictive.

i think it would depend on the person.

gmonte33
It depends on the person. Heroin is a highly addictive substance but there is no rule on how much one must use to become physically dependent. Some people are much more vulnerable to substance addiction than others. There may be a hereditary predisposition to chemical dependence. The propensity of heroin to be addictive is well documented so no one should take a chance with this drug.

teddy
One hit is all you need to get addicted. Remember drugs are for mugs.

susie03
Rating
Yes it is highly possible, much depends on the quality of heroin that you use the first few times. To the person who claims 3 months of continuous use I would beg to differ. It may take 3 months before you realise you are addicted but it can happen as quickly as the fist hit.

reid_n15
Rating
I would say it's TRUE, Herion is a very dangerous drug.. the addiction is not like others.. infact the drug is a whole body buzz from head to toe and inside out... if you dont have the drug you will feel nothing but Physical pain and need the drug to help take care of your pain... it's a bad situations to be in...

Dr Frank
This is not a bad guess, there is generally a feeling among youngsters that it won't happen to them after only a few doses, but it will and does. Addictions are very easy to develop, for example if you take a sleeping pill 3 nights in a row withdrawal can occur on the forth night!

Chucksey
Rating
One hit is enough - don't even go there!!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy