Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Can't seem to get out my depression?
Im 19 and I've been feeling very low for too long now and have been secluding myself from all my friends for about 2 months. my parents have been my rock during the 2months and my two sisters ...

Any ideas on how to become more confident?

Additional Details
I am not really that ugly or so people tell me and i have a bunch of friends, just with myself i feel bad about myself....

How Can I Make My Life Better?

Sucide? Please help! Some ones life is in danger!?
Okay. Last year (Novembersish) I found out that one of my best friends were cutting. And these were not thin little knife marks they were very large and looked as if she were trying to skin her ...

I just passed my driving test today, first attempt?
I got 8 minors, I had been learning for 5 months

Who want's to congratulate me??

T...

I've been prescribed with Citalopram by my Doc for my social anxiety. Has anyone had this work for them?

How do u cope with major depression and suicide thoughts can't seem to get a grip on it?
have been diagnosed and receive treatment but don't feel as if i'm getting ...

Psychologist?
I had been to see a Psychologist and had therapy for 2 years and it ended last Christmas. I wanted to go back to see her as I was having problems again but Mental Team said No. Once you have had your ...

Can your brain explode from boredom?
or would that make it implode?...

Non Medication Aides for Anxiety?
I'm trying to take the non-medication road to healing my panic and anxiety (seeing as how all the meds they put me on for that just THROW me into panic attacks). I was wondering what other ...

Should i tell my mother about my bulimia?
i've been bulimic for 4 years now. but sometimes i get better but it always comes back. i haven't purged in 2 weeks now and i think i'm getting better. but still i know i'm not ...

Can parents be particularly detrimental to your mental health?
how damaging can these things called 'parents' be? I remember a red dwarf episode in which people from the future finally proved that all our hang ups and neurosis were caused by our ...

Does anyone know any good anxiety/depression meds that really work? I'm on prozac and it don't work very well.

Please Help I have Anxiety and Panic Attacks everysingle day, it's destroying my entire life, what can I do???
I have been suffering from Anxiety and Socail Disorder for many Years now, I tried allot of thing to overcome it, but nothing worked. I have never taken medication for it because I am to afraid to ...

ABSOLUTLEY URGENT! PLEASE HELP, im really down and i feel like ending it, i beg you to help please?
i just lost my grandma, i have no family and fake friends. i feel i look terrible
http://photos-d.ak.faceb i have a ...

How do I get around to telling my mom that I am suicidal?

Additional Details
I've been suicidal for 5 or 6 ...

Do you think emos need metal help??
the ones who cut and hurt them selfs...
plz i wana know if my friend will get over this or if i should take action....

Is suicide the biggest sin?
just wondering will you go to hell for it
Additional Details
i'm bathist (i can't spell good)...

Need Answers !!?
I'm really close to this teacher in my school, I could trust her wth anything. She's helping me quit self harming, but I'm worried that it's putting her job at risk cause I know ...

What do you do to help relieve stress?
im always stress.. so can u guys give me an idea how u relieve it?...

Friendless Wonders
I have a presentation to do in front of 50 people and im shy, if i get drunk before it will it make it easier?

burn420schwag
it wouldnt be good to be really smashed, but a few drinks to put you at ease wouldnt be a bad idea.

slipper
Rating
I know how hard it can be but don't what ever you do get drunk before your presentation, you will regret it and you will be embarrassed when you next see the people you did the presentation for.
A bit of nerves is good and you will find that once you start that nervous energy will be a plus for you.
While you are giving the presentation look at a spot on the wall or a few spots on the wall and pretend that every one in the audience are cabbages.
I hope this helps, it's how I get through my nerves when I go on stage.

candygrr1
No, I wouldn't suggest it. The people watching your presentation will notice and you're sure to fumble on some of your words....and not to mention the slurring

Mango
have your dcotor prescribe a beta-blocker liek metoprolol 25 mg for perforance anxiety, and benadryl 25 mg will make you foggy too! don't drink

dgraham302000
maybe, but do you really want to be impaired in front of that many people

chtcompute
i would recommend practicing in front of a mirror and memorizing your speech. Getting drunk may make yu feel better, but believe me, you WILL look like a fool if you give any presentation when you are drunk. Some people say picturing the audience in their underwear makes you less self-concious, but I think they are pervs...dont get drunk

jeff
Rating
No just be yourself if they cant respect you still shame on them we all need a certain degree of maturity in life

tamara.knsley@sbcglobal.net
Heck No!! It will be alot worse. Practice your presentation in front of a mirror..know what your going to say,,,practice, practice.

dousmokedoobies69
Rating
Hi Friendles Wonder,
LMAO no this won't help at all! A good way to give a speech in front of people is to pick a spot on the wall & just give your speech this way you aren't LQQking at any1 in particular & it will be much easier, by then you'll be done with your speech. I used to get sick to my stomach but this has always helped me out. Good luck & have a good day!

zen
BAD IDEA.

You'd do better to work on your speech, and to practice it with family and friends.

That is my advice. Good luck.

StarShine G
relax, take deep breaths and let out slowly. take your time and tell yourself , I can get through this , I can do this and once you are finished you can relax and smile be proud that you did your presentation ..

jafo
Sure, it will absolutely make it easier.........easier for you to make a complete and utter fool of yourself. Alcohol would only make you seem incoherent and scattered. The best way to get over shyness for public speaking is to start by presenting your speach while looking in a mirror, then move on to pets, family member, anyone who will listen. Eventually it does get easier, the first time is always the toughest. Good Luck

apes
absolutely! But it may not turn out the way you prepared.

Jack
Rating
Absolutely not....you just might end up making a fool of yourself.

If you have enough time, try a few acting lessons....it worked wonders for me.

SoCcEr AnGeL
Rating
No, you'll probably make of fool of yourself. You need to see your doctor for anxiety pills. I had this same problem and the pills help me!

bbaabbygiirrl
Rating
No way dont drink

dornalune
Rating
might make it easier on you but t'would be a bad idea as there is so much that could go wrong... could affect your grade if you fluff up in class or even cost you your job if it is work-related... take this opportunity to step outside of yourself and challenge yourself to give the best danged presentation these folks ever had the privilege to witness... mind over matter... if you don't mind, your nerves and shyness don't matter... especially if the audience doesn't know you... while memorizing your words could lead to a stiff, lifeless presentation, walking yourself through your presentation frequently in the week before it, you can refer to your notes (double spaced on while 4x6 index cards works best for me, black ink, printed - or double spaced in about a 14 point font printed out on white paper) will allow you to get comfortable with your words and keep your tone natural - as if you were having a long, one sided conversation with your audience... when I am presenting on a topic that I don't have intimate knowledge of, I try and learn as much as I can about it so that I have confidence in my materials... I try to anticipate questions that I might have if I were in the audience and address them; if I know my topic well, I don't have to prepare as much

I don't know what your venue is but lots of presentations start off with ice-breakers... short activities that serve to put your audience at ease

visualization exercises also can help.... after your run through your presentation, take a moment to close your eyes, take some cleansing breaths and "see" yourself standing at the podium, what you are wearing, rows of people before you...

positive affirmations can also help.... I CAN do this! I WILL be fine... I know my materials

best of luck... let us know how it turns out :)

geishagirl61
Drinking will not help, it will only get you a bad grade or fired depending on the situation.

stargazer
No way. That will ensure you screw up. There are breathing techniques to help with this. Slow steady intake through nose,, hold, slow steady breath out through mouth. Breathing is a positive way to combat it. Good luck.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy