Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Used to have excellent memory but now just forget stuff easily what should i do?

Can't seem to get out my depression?
Im 19 and I've been feeling very low for too long now and have been secluding myself from all my friends for about 2 months. my parents have been my rock during the 2months and my two sisters ...

Any ideas on how to become more confident?

Additional Details
I am not really that ugly or so people tell me and i have a bunch of friends, just with myself i feel bad about myself....

How Can I Make My Life Better?

Sucide? Please help! Some ones life is in danger!?
Okay. Last year (Novembersish) I found out that one of my best friends were cutting. And these were not thin little knife marks they were very large and looked as if she were trying to skin her ...

I just passed my driving test today, first attempt?
I got 8 minors, I had been learning for 5 months

Who want's to congratulate me??

T...

I've been prescribed with Citalopram by my Doc for my social anxiety. Has anyone had this work for them?

How do u cope with major depression and suicide thoughts can't seem to get a grip on it?
have been diagnosed and receive treatment but don't feel as if i'm getting ...

Psychologist?
I had been to see a Psychologist and had therapy for 2 years and it ended last Christmas. I wanted to go back to see her as I was having problems again but Mental Team said No. Once you have had your ...

Can your brain explode from boredom?
or would that make it implode?...

Non Medication Aides for Anxiety?
I'm trying to take the non-medication road to healing my panic and anxiety (seeing as how all the meds they put me on for that just THROW me into panic attacks). I was wondering what other ...

Should i tell my mother about my bulimia?
i've been bulimic for 4 years now. but sometimes i get better but it always comes back. i haven't purged in 2 weeks now and i think i'm getting better. but still i know i'm not ...

Can parents be particularly detrimental to your mental health?
how damaging can these things called 'parents' be? I remember a red dwarf episode in which people from the future finally proved that all our hang ups and neurosis were caused by our ...

Does anyone know any good anxiety/depression meds that really work? I'm on prozac and it don't work very well.

Please Help I have Anxiety and Panic Attacks everysingle day, it's destroying my entire life, what can I do???
I have been suffering from Anxiety and Socail Disorder for many Years now, I tried allot of thing to overcome it, but nothing worked. I have never taken medication for it because I am to afraid to ...

ABSOLUTLEY URGENT! PLEASE HELP, im really down and i feel like ending it, i beg you to help please?
i just lost my grandma, i have no family and fake friends. i feel i look terrible
http://photos-d.ak.faceb i have a ...

How do I get around to telling my mom that I am suicidal?

Additional Details
I've been suicidal for 5 or 6 ...

Do you think emos need metal help??
the ones who cut and hurt them selfs...
plz i wana know if my friend will get over this or if i should take action....

Is suicide the biggest sin?
just wondering will you go to hell for it
Additional Details
i'm bathist (i can't spell good)...

Need Answers !!?
I'm really close to this teacher in my school, I could trust her wth anything. She's helping me quit self harming, but I'm worried that it's putting her job at risk cause I know ...

cl200036
Why do people lie?

Simple Minded
Why do children lie? Did they learn it? Perhaps not, it is in their nature. Mankind is prone to lying.

jonzmom1
Because people don't want to admit to anyone or themselves how bad of a person they really can be.

spudnick2323
Rating
To try and impress you or to be cool they are all assh%^*('s and don't listen to them you are better than that

E=mc2
Because it is easy, capable by themselves, and no physical pain will come on them if they do.

lily
Rating
People don't like to admit their weaknesses, so they try to hide them with lies.

And people don't like to be accountable and face the consequences when they do something wrong.

Some people anyway...

Panacea
Because truth telling is not the primary purpose of communication.

genler100
because if they are compulsive about it, they cant stop. or because they think it is an easier way to deal with something instead of telling the truth.

brisa
BECAUSE TRUTH HURTS!

B
Rating
We aren't all insomiacs you know.

cizzzialm
Rating
to escape responsability
to avoid confrontation
because they are hurting
its an reality escape

Moe
Rating
i dont think of it as a lie. i see it as a untold truth.

lame thoughts and sugar pops
to hide the wrong or shameful

the origin of liars....

The Scriptural account, therefore, makes it plain that it was Satan who spoke through the medium of a serpent, seducing Eve into disobedience to God’s command. In turn, Eve induced Adam to take the same rebellious course. (Ge 3:1-7; 2Co 11:3) As a consequence of Satan’s use of the serpent, the Bible gives Satan the title “Serpent,” which came to signify “deceiver”; he also became “the Tempter” (Mt 4:3) and a liar, “the father of the lie.”—Joh 8:44; Re 12:9.
Issue of Sovereignty Raised. When Satan approached Eve (through the speech of the serpent), he actually challenged the rightfulness and righteousness of Jehovah’s sovereignty. He intimated that God was unrightfully withholding something from the woman; he also declared that God was a liar in saying that she would die if she ate the forbidden fruit. Additionally, Satan made her believe she would be free and independent of God, becoming like God. By this means this wicked spirit creature raised himself higher than God in Eve’s eyes, and Satan became her god, even though Eve, at the time, apparently did not know the identity of the one misleading her. By his action he brought man and woman under his leadership and control, standing up as a rival god in opposition to Jehovah.—Ge 3:1-7.
We learn a lot about the Devil when we consider Jesus’ words to religious teachers of his day: “You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.
LIARS ARE FROM DEVIL dear...DEVIL is master of his world...
Vili, regards

Charlie Mike
Rating
Well, it really depends on our definition of lie. The degree of lying. While i believe in honesty and truth, it seems that lying is but a shade and perception of truth. What is a lie. Is it a betrayal ? Is it being jilted ? Is it being tricked ? Cheated ? Or is it simply somebody's way of getting out of a tight situation. Have you seen cheaters on cable ? Lying is a form of manipulation. It shows internal weakness, inability of confronting the truth and definitely distortion of reality. The cause human weakness. And men seems to be more prone to it than women. Women by nature are confronted with more "truths", guys tends to take the fantasy way out. Underlying all this goes way back to Adam and Eve.

bj
Rating
sometimes it's easier than telling the truth

aKeMi
Because they are tired of their pathetic lives and want to make them seem interesting.

Smartassawhip
Rating
People don't know how much God hates it when we lie and people are not aware of how much it hurts our self esteem to lie, even little white lies. When we lie we deny the truth and we deny a little or a lot of ourselves. I remember when I told my first lie. I was 5 or 6 years old. I don't remember what the specific lie was but I remember I was being asked about something by one of the adults in the house. I lied to avoid being punished and as soon as I lied I realized that I just lost something that I could never get back again. Thank God that every time we tell the truth, especially if it's hard to do, that we raise our self esteem and that God smiles at us as we would if we saw the same thing in a 3 year old child.

Choco
Rating
people lie because of their own benefit. every person cares what other people think, and knowing that, always lies to satisfy that person's feelings. and thus, that's how you make a new friend.also, people lie for their own benefit in ways of harming others so they will prosper, say like a job promotion is between you and a lady, the lady happens to be absent the day before the big promotion meeting, and she asks you when the meeting is, you tell her its the day after tomorrow. since she doesn't show up, its obvious YOU get the promotion. see? people learn to lie because they know that the truth wont get them anywhere, certainly, everyone lies, but some people just do it too often. like the example above, NEVEr do that. that is just EVIL. its just an example. lol. well the point is, if you were to save yourself or another person, you'd rather save yourself, right? same moral. lying is a sin, but it's lying that allows us to survive in this society.

Rebecca YZ
Rating
People lie for all sorts of reasons. The most obvious answers are to avoid punishment/humiliation, to gain rewards or praise and.or to otherwise manipulate. There are darker reasons that people lie and these touch on mental health concerns. Some people lie for sport to see if they can get others to believe them and others will lie for seemingly no reason whatsoever. These people are the scarier individuals in our society.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy