Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Mental Health
Health Discussion Forum

Why am i depressed? is it because there are things i cant change? or is it because im ill?
to clarify. would i be depressed if everything was ok.. so am i just p*ssed off?
Additional Details
you lovely kind people thanks. i cant do anti depressants. im fighting it . sometimes ...

My fiance was a kidnap victim, who was raped and beaten for two years. She now suffers from PTSD..any advice?
I would like to know how to handle this delicately. The man responsible will be out of prison October of next year, and we will have to face him in court to make it ok for me to legally adopt the ...

Is there anyone who can reassure me please?
i feel lost and i dont know who i am. i need hope. what if everything in my life goes wrong? i feel so alone, please help :-( thank you xxx
Additional Details
aged 14, not on medicines, ...

What is not good to do while sleeping?

Im depressed. I think. I cant think a happy thought at all. Why?
Im 19 years old. I still live at home. I dont go out, i dont do anything fun. I dont have any friends in town, they all went off to college. Basically i have no friends. I go to a job i hate and i am ...

What do i do in this situation? Preferably adults answer please!?
Ok so my fiancee and i are having problems. I am ADHD, and sometimes i cannot control the way I act. I am controlling and very demanding i dont listen and im mean. I hate this so much I cry everyday. ...

If you see a homeless person who appears to be 'crazy', how do you think s/he became that way?
Do you think that life on the street did that to him or her, OR do you think that a mental problem led him/her to the street?...

Someone burned my hair?
a group of idiotic boys burned my hair yesterday. it wasn't alot of hair that was burned off but what pisses me off is i dont even know these people and they just thought it would be funny to ...

Why do people lie?

I have a presentation to do in front of 50 people and im shy, if i get drunk before it will it make it easier?

Why are extroverted people easy to forget their firends?

Is it normal?
is it normal to be your own worst enemy? like, i hear a voice in my head thats a little like mine, but it trys to get me to do stuff, like, asking out a girl, or doing something crazy-uber. i dont ...

Does MADNESS prevent INSANITY??
I know you may think i'm contradicting myself, but if you think about it.....Those people who are a little mad in their daily lives, like doing stupid acts and unexpected things such as doing a ...

Are anti-depressants really the answer?
I have been going through some really difficult times with my marriage, my family and myself for some time.
My wife and I have been seeing different psychologists plus we go to two different ...

Ok so what do u think of cutting if it is not done for attention, not done to kill ones self...read more.....?
okay so like if someone had been cutting only they did it like on their stomachs or somewhere where clothes covered it and someone accidentaly saw it and they said that the cutter had been doin it ...

Can a person with Down Syndrome play an instrument?

Is it safe to just double my medication?
I take anti-depressant Efexor (xl) 150mg daily but I feel really low. Is it safe to just double my dose until I can get to a doctor?
Thanks....

I have a question for anyone who has dealt with people who cut themselves?
i work with a girl with this problem. she's 23, i'm 47. help me understand why she does this! she talks about it a little. she denied that she still does it, but recently admitted that ...

How can i avoid that awful sunday evening pre - work depression?
sunday afternoons are always spend feeling down + preparing for another boring week at work
is there a way around this?...

Used to have excellent memory but now just forget stuff easily what should i do?

local girl
I am a very beautiful female, but i am afraid of my own beauty?
ppl always say i am pretty, they say that i should worry about anything, that i can easily get any job bc of my looks or whatever.....
but the problem is i am afraid of my own beauty. i know it sounds stupid, but i am afraid to go to bars bc i know someone will always bother me, or when i go to the interview i try to dress up dark and no makeup and create unattractive look, my mother always would say why do i make myself like that?
yesterday i told her the reason why , that i am afraid of my own looks and she said its stupid and i should be proud of it
but i still feel ashamed, i get very shy and uncomfortable when ppl stare at me, i never wear short skirts or open blouses....
is there something wrong with me? will it go away naturally? or is there somethign i should do

Candy
Rating
It seems like you are fighting problems that you have internally and you don't understand yourself. I would recommend having time for yourself and stop being self conscious. Remember that you have to love and respect yourself first.

Bonnie
You probably aren't as pretty as you *think* you are so just go out and have fun.

wgfowler55
Rating
sorry ur having such a bad problem being sooooooo pretty.i think the problem lies with u thinking ur so pretty!theres beautiful people all over the world. so honey ur not alone

sunflower
Is that a serious question? If you think that way, you need better a shrink,not an advice at yahoo answers. I am not jealous at all,beautiful or even too beautiful..What's wrong with you...If I tell you sincerely that people do share with me that find me beautiful,charismatic and attractive and I have no problems at all, would you believe me.

rememberseptember9112001
Rating
Live it up while you can, you as every body else gets old and wrinkle. It is natural for guys to stare at women. The one thing that I recommend is learning martial arts. It teaches you to protect your self, discipline and is good for the mind that seems to have lots of silly thoughts sometimes.

brainyandy
I'm deadly serious here. Crayzicuz has got it spot on. If you are beautiful it won't last forever! Accept that men will look at you...that's what we're good at.

By the way, I'm an elbow.

las vegas golfer
SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP...

melyssa182
Rating
stop being stupid.theres no more to say

brisa
Rating
you have low self esteem which can only be conquered by you own self...read some self-development books,go to a shrink,talk to people who make u feel good about yourself...discover your virtues and appreciate them...the fact that u wrote in saying that ya a beautiful female tells it all that u know your strength & weaknesses.

k.tubby
Rating
Just be yourself, no matter what that may be. If you like wearing dark colors, then do it. And for the record, I find myself much more attracted to women that DO NOT wear make-up.

As long as your not striving to meet some masochistic cultural ideal, then you have every right to be proud of who you are. Just don't associate with people that can't respect you for it, sometimes other people's vanity can be overwhelming!

kairos_dragon
Rating
I believe this is a social phobia. I hate it when I get started at also, I wonder if their is something on my nose or such,lol. I just had to get used to it, now I just try to enjoy it and smile a lot. Try and seek a counselor to help you out, it works. Good luck :-)

bluesun
it's natural since alot of guys do not know how to act before women. but you'll grow out of it. i think you should embrace your womanhood. cherich it. it's God gift to you. so strut your stuff and do not be ashamed. more-selfesteem.com.

Joeng
Rating
Your problem risen up with your unconfidence. Many psychiatry around you, See one please.

Dubya
Rating
You have a high opinion of your looks because of all the compliments you've gotten, and that tends to turn people off. It makes me think you spend a lot of time concentrating on your looks.

But people who say you can get any job because of your looks don't know you. They're just reacting to what they see. And the things that they say are more a reflection of who they are, not who you are. They might be jealous, or they might be trying to compliment you.

As far as the bars go, accept the compliments, and if you're attracted to the complimenter, try to find out if there's more to him than just talk.

Good looks are good to have. But ultimately, the important thing is what's inside you. Be real to yourself and others, and if there's more to you than what you look like, develop that.

Bluntly Blondie
Bend down. Smile, take a big deep breathe, smell that smell.
All us pretty women have stinky beavers.
Get over yourself honey.

CRAYZICUZ
Rating
GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY IT WHILE U CAN CUZ NO BEAUTY LASTS 4EVER . LOOK AT ME FOR INSTANCE I USED TO BE NORMAL BUT NOW. . . NOW IM A TOE

Direktor
Please

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, March 29, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy